User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 10/2/2004 7:03:38 AM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Get one of these...90% of the parts on this are off the shelf. It uses a 500HP 5L DOHC V-8.

forums.pimprig.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=11634
www.brothersperformance.com/newsletter/MustangGTR/images/big/GTR-005.jpg
www.brothersperformance.com/newsletter/MustangGTR/images/big/GTR-020.jpg
S.O.

Jesus, they have already riced out the new Mustang.  And all this time I thought there was a shred of hope left for humanity...

Its sad you really have no fucking clue what your looking at when you say that. Thats not rice, its so far from rice its absurd to even THINK that.
THAT is not a rice. Its not a sports car thats fast. Its not a street car that goes to the track. Its a prototype RACE CAR. Its a full on, designed from ground up RACE CAR (That CAN be taken on the street). It has no carpet. It has no nifty interior body panels. Hell, it doesnt have a passenger seat!.

Heres a few articles and such if you want to understand exactly what your looking at there. Thats a full on tire chewing ass kickin race car.

Click
Click
Link Posted: 10/2/2004 7:04:22 AM EDT
[#2]

Get the STi.

Join the club.

Link Posted: 10/2/2004 7:06:50 AM EDT
[#3]
the STi is hot... get it!

I have a 2003 WRX, I actually like the older body style better than teh new one... but an STi is still gangsta as hell.

heres my WRX:

Link Posted: 10/2/2004 8:08:00 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
Its fast, seats 4 or 5 in a pinch, can hold a corner like a sports car or go off road a little. I of course have to drive one around and see if I fit in it comfortably and all that, but tell me what you know about them.

They're fast...cost about 30K, but don't come with a radio standard.  

The Mitsubishi Evolution costs about the same and is about the same pace.  
Link Posted: 10/2/2004 8:42:34 AM EDT
[#5]

I thought you were talking about these....

MT
Link Posted: 10/2/2004 8:52:02 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
Get one of these...90% of the parts on this are off the shelf. It uses a 500HP 5L DOHC V-8.

S.O.

Jesus, they have already riced out the new Mustang.  And all this time I thought there was a shred of hope left for humanity...

Its sad you really have no fucking clue what your looking at when you say that. Thats not rice, its so far from rice its absurd to even THINK that.
THAT is not a rice. Its not a sports car thats fast. Its not a street car that goes to the track. Its a prototype RACE CAR. Its a full on, designed from ground up RACE CAR (That CAN be taken on the street). It has no carpet. It has no nifty interior body panels. Hell, it doesnt have a passenger seat!.

Heres a few articles and such if you want to understand exactly what your looking at there. Thats a full on tire chewing ass kickin race car.

Click
Click

Whats the cost on this bad boy going to be anyhow??
Link Posted: 10/2/2004 8:52:52 AM EDT
[#7]
I thought you were talking about a handgun.
Link Posted: 10/2/2004 10:07:58 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
If I get something fast I'm gonna be saying "Sorry Officer" a lot.

With your history you won't have to worry for long about that.  

I forsee a suspended license if you get something fast.

Get a Vespa, that's more your speed anyway.

Then spend the moeny you saved on a Scout/Squad M1A.
Link Posted: 10/2/2004 10:56:45 AM EDT
[#9]
Phil, I checked, unless you are chatged with reckless driving, Washington state cant suspend your license for speeding tickets
Link Posted: 10/2/2004 10:58:13 AM EDT
[#10]
Get a Mini... crap, I need to post pics somehow...
Link Posted: 10/2/2004 11:17:38 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
Phil, I checked, unless you are chatged with reckless driving, Washington state cant suspend your license for speeding tickets

Check again buddy boy

RCW 46.20.291
Authority to suspend -- Grounds.

The department is authorized to suspend the license of a driver upon a showing by its records or other sufficient evidence that the licensee:

(1) Has committed an offense for which mandatory revocation or suspension of license is provided by law;

(2) Has, by reckless or unlawful operation of a motor vehicle, caused or contributed to an accident resulting in death or injury to any person or serious property damage;

(3) Has been convicted of offenses against traffic regulations governing the movement of vehicles, or found to have committed traffic infractions, with such frequency as to indicate a disrespect for traffic laws or a disregard for the safety of other persons on the highways;

(4) Is incompetent to drive a motor vehicle under RCW 46.20.031(3);

(5) Has failed to respond to a notice of traffic infraction, failed to appear at a requested hearing, violated a written promise to appear in court, or has failed to comply with the terms of a notice of traffic infraction or citation, as provided in RCW 46.20.289;

(6) Is subject to suspension under RCW 46.20.305;

(7) Has committed one of the prohibited practices relating to drivers' licenses defined in *RCW 46.20.336; or

(8) Has been certified by the department of social and health services as a person who is not in compliance with a child support order or a residential or visitation order as provided in RCW 74.20A.320.
Link Posted: 10/2/2004 11:33:59 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
www.apt401.com/STIsm.jpg

Get the STi.

Join the club.

Chicks dig em.

Although I have to warn you, the backseat isn't very big.
Link Posted: 10/2/2004 12:39:58 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

S.O.

Click
Click

Whats the cost on this bad boy going to be anyhow??

I read an article 6 months or a year ago about the car, back then I believe they were saying around $60,000 or $70,000 but dont qoute me on that.
That was also assuming they even made it.
Link Posted: 10/2/2004 2:24:37 PM EDT
[#14]
i think i dont have enough to get one myself
Link Posted: 10/2/2004 2:27:10 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
Just get a disposable car.  

Nah, not my style. I don't tend to crash vehicles or anything, and I like performance.

I didnt use to.

I do like the ability to hit stuff if needed.

+1   .......and limp away.
Link Posted: 10/2/2004 2:38:52 PM EDT
[#16]
del
Link Posted: 10/2/2004 5:36:29 PM EDT
[#17]
I wanted an STi but I ended up with a Forrester. I had to get a car that could haul something other than ass. If you can afford it, go for it. Just make sure you get some track time with an intstructor so you can learn how to drive the beast.  
Link Posted: 10/2/2004 5:45:41 PM EDT
[#18]
The STI has excellent price/performance, but I think the wing and the big hood scoop look dorky. If I bought one I'd go stealth and take off at least the wing. Getting a stock WRX hood to fit might or might not work.
Link Posted: 10/2/2004 7:16:21 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Phil, I checked, unless you are charged with reckless driving, Washington state cant suspend your license for speeding tickets

Check again buddy boy

I know of a guy with 38 tickets on his record. It can be done

I only have two.

Moral of the story, even though a cop told me what I told you....cops don't know the law
Link Posted: 10/2/2004 7:31:40 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:
I have a WRX and like it a lot, though gas mileage kinda sucks for the size of the car.  Of course my right foot may share some blame there.  The STI is a great car but I can't stand that wing on the back.  Have you looked at the new Legacy GTs.  Cheaper than the STI but much nicer and more roomy inside with 250hp.  I like those a lot.

www.modernracer.com/images/subarulegacygtfront2.jpg

www.modernracer.com/subarulegacygt.html

I've got a WRX.  The low end torque kind of sucks and is very noticable in first and second gear to the point of being annoying.  I'm currently looking at the Legacy GT (possibly Limited Edition) for 2006.  It is a HOT ride for a family car.  The STi though... I could do it and I'm certain I'd have no regrets there.

As a side note, last night I was at a nice place for dinner when a co-workers wife was bragging about her new Celica.  I ask her if it's a GT or a GT-S and she says she's not sure, but she knows her Celica could take my WRX.  I tell her she's absolutely out of her mind, but she can't be reasoned with.  Instead of causing a scene I just let the argument die calmly and ordered a couple more Manahtten Iced Teas to sooth my already frazzled nerves.

Link Posted: 10/2/2004 7:40:29 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:
The STI has excellent price/performance, but I think the wing and the big hood scoop look dorky. If I bought one I'd go stealth and take off at least the wing. Getting a stock WRX hood to fit might or might not work.

That dorky hood scoop is for that top mounted intercooler.  You can try a WRX hood, but why would you want to intentionally decrease airflow to the intercooler on a turbocharged car?  The damn thing already sits on top of the engine, so it's goin to have heatsoak issues if you put on a smaller scoop.

Remember the Alamo, and God Bless Texas...
Link Posted: 10/2/2004 7:47:03 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

Quoted:

That dorky hood scoop is for that top mounted intercooler.  You can try a WRX hood, but why would you want to intentionally decrease airflow to the intercooler on a turbocharged car?  The damn thing already sits on top of the engine, so it's goin to have heatsoak issues if you put on a smaller scoop.

I agree withTex.  That is about the stupidest thing I've ever heard.  Just get a carbon fiber STi hood scoop.  Besides, the hoodscoop is interchangable without replacing the hood.
Link Posted: 10/2/2004 7:50:16 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
Just get a disposable car.  

Nah, not my style. I don't tend to crash vehicles or anything, and I like performance.

I didnt use to.

I do like the ability to hit stuff if needed.

+1   .......and limp away.

I walk away cussing
Link Posted: 10/2/2004 7:50:35 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

Quoted:
I have a WRX and like it a lot, though gas mileage kinda sucks for the size of the car.  Of course my right foot may share some blame there.  The STI is a great car but I can't stand that wing on the back.  Have you looked at the new Legacy GTs.  Cheaper than the STI but much nicer and more roomy inside with 250hp.  I like those a lot.

I've got a WRX.  The low end torque kind of sucks and is very noticable in first and second gear to the point of being annoying.  I'm currently looking at the Legacy GT (possibly Limited Edition) for 2006.  It is a HOT ride for a family car.  The STi though... I could do it and I'm certain I'd have no regrets there.

As a side note, last night I was at a nice place for dinner when a co-workers wife was bragging about her new Celica.  I ask her if it's a GT or a GT-S and she says she's not sure, but she knows her Celica could take my WRX.  I tell her she's absolutely out of her mind, but she can't be reasoned with.  Instead of causing a scene I just let the argument die calmly and ordered a couple more Manahtten Iced Teas to sooth my already frazzled nerves.

home.att.net/~whavens2w2/wsb/media/198678/graphic_org_pub.jpg

home.att.net/~whavens2w2/wsb/media/198678/site1008.JPG

home.att.net/~whavens2w2/wsb/media/198678/site1005.JPG

home.att.net/~whavens2w2/wsb/media/198678/site1009.JPG

Yeah the new celicas are slow.

I wish they'd sell a new GT-4. then she might be right. 3SGTE makes about the same power as the WRX engine, and the celica doesn't look like a boxy POS. :P

I know my GT4gery has eaten many a WRX, and it's just a crappy FWD wannabe, with an AWD full conversion the WRX would have no chance. The 6th gen GT4(94-99) had as much power as the STi, but was more than 500 lbs lighter and MUCH better looking. Of course, the 6th gen GT 4 was never sold in America, which is why I have to settle for a wannabe. :(

link

Of course, even better would be an MR2 turbo. :D

Link Posted: 10/2/2004 7:54:42 PM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Could always switch to a FMIC and use the WRX hood. And the wing is easy enough to switch out.

But of course, thats a lot of work, probably easier and cheaper to get a normal WRX and upgrade it.
Link Posted: 10/2/2004 7:56:35 PM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

I wish they'd sell a new GT-4. then she might be right. 3SGTE makes about the same power as the WRX engine, and the celica doesn't look like a boxy POS. :P

I know my GT4gery has eaten many a WRX, and it's just a crappy FWD wannabe, with an AWD full conversion the WRX would have no chance. The 6th gen GT4(94-99) had as much power as the STi, but was more than 500 lbs lighter and MUCH better looking. Of course, the 6th gen GT 4 was never sold in America, which is why I have to settle for a wannabe. :(

link

I agree.  I patiently looked for one of these for a few years, but finally decided on the WRX.

But to make it worse she didn't even know if she had a GT or a GT-S.  The whole thing was just silly as hell.
Link Posted: 10/2/2004 7:59:23 PM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

link

My friend has one of the Celicas its a dissapponting car.
Link Posted: 10/2/2004 8:05:44 PM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

link

My friend has one of the Celicas its a dissapponting car.

Then I guess it's a good thing I didn't find one.  I imagine that most of them would have had the piss beaten out of them by now.
Link Posted: 10/2/2004 8:08:39 PM EDT
[#29]
Yeah, the 1.8 in the new celica sucks. Peaky and not much torque, no fun at all. The 7th gen still has a nice driving feel, but there is just no grunt.

I would totally buy a new celica if they released a new GT 4 though, but they are planning on dumping the celica altogether soon. Toyota has just given up on the sports car market completely. They suck. :(

I wonder how much of a pita it would be to get a imported 6th gen GT-4 registered.
Link Posted: 10/2/2004 8:11:52 PM EDT
[#30]
Get the STi, I'd love to have one as well.
Link Posted: 10/2/2004 11:15:50 PM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:
Yeah, the 1.8 in the new celica sucks. Peaky and not much torque, no fun at all. The 7th gen still has a nice driving feel, but there is just no grunt.

I would totally buy a new celica if they released a new GT 4 though, but they are planning on dumping the celica altogether soon. Toyota has just given up on the sports car market completely. They suck. :(

I wonder how much of a pita it would be to get a imported 6th gen GT-4 registered.

Odd, considering that Toyota is playing a very active role in just about every motorsport on the planet right now.  Rumor has it that we'll see an MKV Supra.

Link Posted: 10/2/2004 11:27:40 PM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Odd, considering that Toyota is playing a very active role in just about every motorsport on the planet right now.  Rumor has it that we'll see an MKV Supra.

Seriously, they are spending $400+ million a year in F1 just so they can get smoked by sauber, but they can't make a sports car? Lame.

[edit:] I've also heard the rumors about the MK V supra, but nothing official yet. :(
Link Posted: 10/3/2004 12:46:40 AM EDT
[#33]
Wait for next year's GTO. Horse power will be up to 400 Hp and they will have an optional ram air scoop. Or if you like the STI also look at the Mitsubishi Evo MR, they are only going to make about 1,000 of them and price will be a bit below the STI's price.
Link Posted: 10/3/2004 6:12:17 AM EDT
[#34]
bmick325,
Is your Forester a NA model or an XT? I've had an XT since last fall and it's the most versatile car I've ever had. Although an auto trans. it's very quick, has great all-weather capabilities and some off road ability. I've got no illusions though about what it is / isn't though.
Link Posted: 10/3/2004 7:21:53 AM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Seriously, they are spending $400+ million a year in F1 just so they can get smoked by sauber, but they can't make a sports car? Lame.

[edit:] I've also heard the rumors about the MK V supra, but nothing official yet. :(

Keep in mind that Sauber Petronas is Ferrari Jr and they have reliable engines because of it.  
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top