Link Posted: 9/28/2004 2:33:42 PM EDT
[#1]
Yes.
Link Posted: 9/28/2004 2:36:01 PM EDT
[#2]
Yup, as far back as I can remember.
Link Posted: 9/28/2004 2:40:19 PM EDT
[#3]
Nope, started around age 10. I will be one till I die though.
Link Posted: 9/28/2004 2:40:48 PM EDT
[#4]
When I was 5 my dad said  "Well its get'n late, lets go get dinner."  
I dont recall if I was confused why were going for dinner  that early in the
morning or why we needed the 12gauge.
But I do remember loving every minute of the rest of the day.
Even when I got to skin my 1st squirrel.

So I dont know if I was Born with a love for guns/hunting but
I sure have loved it all my life.
22 years later and I have never goten tierd of "Going to get dinner."
Link Posted: 9/28/2004 2:42:43 PM EDT
[#5]
My name is BlammO and I was born a gun nut.  Having a military father who was in a position of authority encouraged my sickness.

BlammO Jr. is living proof that gun nuttiness can be determined at conception.  When he was a wee baby, long before exposure to any TV (other than Sesame Street) or anything firearm-related, he chewed a pancake into the shape of a gun and started shooting things with it.  That was the moment I realized I had to develop his innate sense of blammoness.  Now he's my li'l BlammO buddy.
Link Posted: 9/28/2004 3:37:05 PM EDT
[#6]
My mom says I was born with a fishing pole in one hand and a gun in the other... so yes.
Link Posted: 9/28/2004 3:43:39 PM EDT
[#7]
I really think I was born a gun enthusiast.  As far back as I remember I was attracted to them, 5 or 6?  Anyway I remember trading an older friend out of a BB gun at a very early age, but it didn't have the center part of the barrel to shoot the BB's from, so I shot my older brothers marbles out of it.  Boy did I catch it for that !  No one in my family ever took me shooting or hunting...it was just something toward I naturally migrated.  Been shooting at least 50+ years and still having fun.  I really think it is a natural progression for a male child to do, whether it starts with throwing a rock, a spear or hot lead!
Lyn
Link Posted: 9/28/2004 3:52:28 PM EDT
[#8]
I love guns. I love guns like some people love their kids. I always have. If I could, I would spend every cent I got on guns, ammo, and tannerite. I have been into guns for as long as I can remember. I am convinced I was the youngest person to ever walk into the National Infantry Museum at Ft Benning and identify every gun by name, caliber, and country of origin.
Link Posted: 9/28/2004 3:53:10 PM EDT
[#9]
I don't think it's genetic, but it is often a family thing.

Me at age 11...
Link Posted: 9/28/2004 4:04:11 PM EDT
[#10]
Dunnnnnnnnnnnnno, damn n sticks.I am an ok(officers kid). playing in tanks since I was 6 at drum. Sailor suits at 5, army later.5 1/2,lol.  I hunt , shoot ,reload, and swage funny bullets for different needs, oops I over shot some years. I say, bornn that way. My mom always went for sf,marines. That's why we have a  thumb annnnd pointer, it's built in. We were soldiers way back.
Link Posted: 9/28/2004 4:18:08 PM EDT
[#11]
Na, My family was ambivalent towards guns, and my mom made sure to 'get all the guns out of the house' when she had us kids. On my 14th birthday I saved up all my cash I had recieved and out of the blue told them I wanted a gun. They were suprised, but took it well. I was very mature and smart for my age, so they told me told me that as long as I could prove to them I'd be safe with one, then I could have one. So I went to the shop, picked one out, gave the man behind the counter my money, and my step-dad filled out the paperwork for it.

I'm now about 3 months away from my 18th birthday and have going on 12-13 guns off the top of my head. I'm currently saving up my money to buy parts for my 1st AR build. Just got the stripped A2 upper today. I am also thinking hard of becoming a gunsmith when I graduate.

I'm in deep.
Link Posted: 9/28/2004 5:00:48 PM EDT
[#12]
Geez, I feel like I've been left out now. Only started shooting when I was about 9.
Link Posted: 9/28/2004 5:05:36 PM EDT
[#13]
My mom showed my Christmas list from when I was 4 years old and #1 on the list was a rifle..............................................................................................................................................
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top