BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 9/26/2004 9:54:03 PM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
Why are you guys even argueing with this idiot troll?

wtf? why is it every time someone disagrees with some people they are considered a troll. this and one other site are the only boards i have ever been to that have this phenomenon going on.
Link Posted: 9/26/2004 10:00:48 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
the pressing issues that get passed there are: the banning of foie gras (duck liver patte), banning picking weeds by hand, banning toy guns, banning firearms that were never used in a crime before, attempting to give illegals driver's licenses, etc, etc, etc, etc.

Um, WTF?  Californians can't weed their gardens by hand anymore?  How the hell are they supposed to do it?  Use chemicals?  I thought California would have banned all weed-killers because 'this product contains an ingredient known to the State of California to cause cancer' (you know, like everything useful)
Link Posted: 9/26/2004 10:03:52 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

Quoted:
the pressing issues that get passed there are: the banning of foie gras (duck liver patte), banning picking weeds by hand, banning toy guns, banning firearms that were never used in a crime before, attempting to give illegals driver's licenses, etc, etc, etc, etc.

Um, WTF?  Californians can't weed their gardens by hand anymore?  How the hell are they supposed to do it?  Use chemicals?  I thought California would have banned all weed-killers because 'this product contains an ingredient known to the State of California to cause cancer' (you know, like everything useful)

passed 2-3 days ago. it's now illegal for workers to pick weeds by hands. no BS.
Link Posted: 9/26/2004 10:26:54 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 9/26/2004 10:35:54 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

passed 2-3 days ago. it's now illegal for workers to pick weeds by hands. no BS.

On farms...not your average Joe Blow weeding his flower garden in suburbia....

So this was another one of their 'protect the illegal workers from being abused' type things then?
Link Posted: 9/26/2004 10:41:09 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 9/26/2004 10:52:22 PM EDT
[#7]
I'm hoping that come November I'll actually hear something from California that I like (that Bush won the state)

I'll now return this thread to its normally scheduled topic.
Link Posted: 9/26/2004 10:55:12 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 9/26/2004 10:55:29 PM EDT
[#9]
When that kid turns 18, I'd like to buy him a beer.

Good call.

If you pull on the leash and the dog turns and bites you... time to get another dog.
Link Posted: 9/26/2004 11:24:00 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Quoted:

So this was another one of their 'protect the illegal workers from being abused' type things then?

Exactly.

It's one of those silly OSHA regs like safety guards on band saws and resperators in coal mines. Silly worker safety shit...
Link Posted: 9/26/2004 11:44:01 PM EDT
[#11]
Had a Pit Bull attack one of our drug dogs awhile back.

Tried kicking it to get it to let go:  Didn't work

Tried Pepper Spray:  It didn't work

Tried an ASP: It didn't work

Tried a 147gr 9mm: It worked!!!

The bullet made a unique sound when it hot the dogs head.

The sound was "Poink"

The Pit Bull attecked without provication. Nobody's fault but the pit bulls.

I'll buy the kid a shot after he gets his beer. He could have saved his old man's life!
Link Posted: 9/27/2004 12:15:53 AM EDT
[#12]
Poink, regaurdless of WHY the dog was attacking the man, the fact is that THE DOG WAS ATTACKING THE MAN. It got what it deserved.

What you're saying is like saying that a kid foolishly playing around a well and falls in does not deserve to be saved.
Link Posted: 9/27/2004 6:32:39 AM EDT
[#13]
The son did right. I have no problem with cappin' this canine.
Link Posted: 9/27/2004 7:17:20 AM EDT
[#14]
I own dogs.  Always have.  I love dogs.  I would never advocate shooting one unless the situation could not be resolved any other way.  

The father had two crippling injuries already.  How much more damage does the dog need to do before YOU would decide to shoot it poink?  Get both legs too relegating the victim to a wheelchair permanently?  Jaws around the victims throat?  

A kick to the ribs might have gotten the dog to back off.  Or maybe not.  A 100# dog is a BIG dog to screw around with.  It will hurt you faster than you can imagine.  Better to take the safe approach and make sure the attack ceases.

Poink, you're wrong on this.  Regardless of "he shoulda never been in this situation" once the situation presented itself the son did the right thing.  You can armchair QB this all day long and you'll still be wrong for calling for the prosecution of the son who likely prevented more grave bodily harm by his actions.
Link Posted: 9/27/2004 8:12:43 AM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

The sound was "Poink"

Link Posted: 9/27/2004 8:52:44 AM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
he responded correctly by shooting a puppy in the head with a .45?

I have actually owned an Akita.  Have you?  This "puppy" gave this guy permanent disability in both arms.

Btw our dog was very good with our family when I was a kid.  My sister could stick pencils up the dog's nose, dress it up in rediculous outfits, etc.  But if any other animal entered our yard it was as good as dead.  

you get between two dogs fighting and you are bound to get bit. there are other ways to break up a dog fight than stupidly putting your hands in the middle. don't feel bad for the guy at all.

even if the dog was biting, a good swift kick would have knocked it off. pulling a .45 is ridiculous.

Can you read?  

The article says the man pulled on the leash.  A corrective jerk is NOT "putting your hands in the middle."  

What the fuck?  Should he have just let the dogs fight?  You would have been screaming "why didn't the akita owner do something when they started fighting" if had not done something.  

That akita was bad news.  Probably the owner's fault--he did not establish dominance properly or socialize the dog properly.  

The dog paid the price for the owner's mistake.  As always.  

But, the owner (or his son actually) had no choice at that point.  The vicicious dog had to go.  
Link Posted: 9/27/2004 8:55:20 AM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:
So what kind of a brain-blister does it take to make a person say "Well, Akitas/Chows/Canaria Presos/Whatever have a record of ungovernability and inexpicable violence, but I will buy one anyway?" I have never understood that crap.

AJNTSA

Link Posted: 9/27/2004 8:59:08 AM EDT
[#18]
these trolls are getting pretty damned annoying.  we ban long time paying members over 1 or 2 goofy comments, yet allow these obvious trolls to try and disrupt the board on a daily basis?
Link Posted: 9/27/2004 9:07:13 AM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

+1

Link Posted: 9/27/2004 9:11:23 AM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:
Had a Pit Bull attack one of our drug dogs awhile back.

Tried kicking it to get it to let go:  Didn't work

Tried Pepper Spray:  It didn't work

Tried an ASP: It didn't work

The sound was "Poink"

The Pit Bull attecked without provication. Nobody's fault but the pit bulls.

I'll buy the kid a shot after he gets his beer. He could have saved his old man's life!

Well you know..   poink would probably blame you for having the dog in public anyway.

So, where were you with the dog and what were you doing to be "attecked without provication?"

The sound was "Poink"

Link Posted: 9/27/2004 9:12:16 AM EDT
[#21]
Poink, did you move here from California?
Link Posted: 9/27/2004 9:12:35 AM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

+1

Just as a general tidbit to file away: If you grab a dogs tail right next to his ass hole and lift his hind quarters off the ground, he will lose all aggressiveness. That being said, the dog still needed to die.
Link Posted: 9/27/2004 7:30:22 PM EDT
[#23]
The drug dog was taking a leak in the bushes by the traffic lane, when the pit bull came up and clamped down on it. The handler was a female who freaked-out. We came running over and and applied force as directed by the lethal force continuem.

Officer Presence: No Response

Verbal Command: No Response

Less than lethal force X 2: No Response

Intercranial Lead Injection: Immediate ceasession of all hostile acts.
Link Posted: 9/27/2004 11:22:08 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:
The drug dog was taking a leak in the bushes by the traffic lane, when the pit bull came up and clamped down on it. The handler was a female who freaked-out. We came running over and and applied force as directed by the lethal force continuem.

Officer Presence: No Response

Verbal Command: No Response

Less than lethal force X 2: No Response

Intercranial Lead Injection: Immediate ceasession of all hostile acts.

Ya know, in this case, I can actually say "At least the officers went home safe" and feel good about a cop shooting a dog.  Of course, that means that 50% of the board will jump all over ya for shooting a dog, calling you jbt and all that.
Link Posted: 9/28/2004 12:03:45 AM EDT
[#25]
Jaysus H Roosevelt Keerist Poink you got a thing or three to learn about this site before  passing judgement.  In other words with under 200 hundred posts it's clear you haven't learned anything yet.  

You posted 2 rank heresies

Heresy # 1   pulling a .45 is ridiculous. Damn boy don't you know that is the A#2 solution to all of life's problems around here.  No wonder they think yer a troll.  The A#1 solution being  using some variant of the M16 to solve the problem.  (shaking head, youngster need to read more)

Heresy #2   lethal force is not always the answer for everything.  Damn boy, don't you know that LETHAL FORCE IS the answer  to all of life's problems unless you're an LEO.

you need to pay attention to more of the threads before saying things like that.  nooby
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top