User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 9/27/2004 9:15:43 AM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Dunno about him, but I cover mine in seasoned flour (Salt and pepper) and fry on medium heat until nicely browned. Yummy.
I have marinated some in BBQ sauce (happened to be Korean) and baked on tinfoil @ 350 until done....took em to work and had to fight for a piece.

Sounds good!

Before you fried yours, do you boil it, or just fry it on medium, like you were doing chicken?

I don't par boil them before cooking, but some people do. The young one's are tender when fried, the older toughter one's could stand to be boiled a bit to soften them up but I never do it.
Link Posted: 9/29/2004 2:33:41 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
Anybody here EAT squirrels?

photos.ar15.com/ImageGallery/Attachments/DownloadAttach.asp?iImageUnq=30328

Damn, now you've got me hungry and it's not lunchtime yet!

How do you fix yours? I haven't had any since my grandmother died a few years ago, and I never
paid much attention to how she fixed it. ISTR that she boiled it for x-amount of time, to make sure
that it was cooked, then took it out, drained it well, then fried it to finish.

Any tips?

These beauties were par-boiled and then batter fried.  The stock was used to make gravy.

Yes, squirrel gravy and biscuits is the numero uno breakfast possible.  Followed closely by pheasant gravy...

I have the complete recipe saved as a word file somewhere.  (yep, I've printed off the recipe for others before!)  When I find it, I'll post it.
Link Posted: 9/29/2004 3:54:13 AM EDT
[#3]
When I was a kid we were told not to take squirrell before the first frost as they have these growths on them.  I never did research what the growths were, we just paid attention to what we were told.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top