Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 3
Link Posted: 9/26/2004 11:51:21 AM EDT
[#1]
I really don't think SIGs can take a beating as well as a Glock. Glock are simpler and far more cost effective so my money goes to Glock. IMO it is safer [for a trained, disciplined shooter OF COURSE] b/c there are no external safeties or idiotic 'decockers' to fumble with.

G30!!!!!!
Link Posted: 9/26/2004 11:53:44 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
I really don't think SIGs can take a beating as well as a Glock. Glock are simpler and far more cost effective so my money goes to Glock. IMO it is safer [for a trained, disciplined shooter OF COURSE] b/c there are no external safeties or idiotic 'decockers' to fumble with.

G30!!!!!!

Damn, I think someone should tell the SEALs their 226's suck.
Link Posted: 9/26/2004 11:55:29 AM EDT
[#3]
I absolutely hate glocks.

For one, they sound frickin retarded. "hey man, lets go shoot the glock" WTF?

two, most people who don't know a damn thing about handguns, want glocks.

three, overrated.

four, firing system.

five, hate the looks of them.

six, well, you get the point.

Link Posted: 9/26/2004 12:01:48 PM EDT
[#4]
SPECTRE: The rental Glock 17 at my now closed indoor range went 750,000rounds on the original frame. The slide was cracked and replaced at 500,000. Other than that, they had no other serious problem. The number of rounds shot is probably higher because their computer system on tracks the number of rounds bought at the range and not any rounds smuggled in. The Glock get a quick cleaning when the customer has jamming problem and then only very quick one to knock out the accumulated residues, which is few and far between.

The rental Sig 226 has broken the roll pin holding the breach block in place several times. The last time the roll pin broke, it was replaced with a solid pin, and that probably caused the slide to crack, at that point the 226 was retired to the junk heap.
Link Posted: 9/26/2004 12:11:23 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

three, overrated.

four, firing system.

Reason #4 would be the only reason that would matter to me when choosing a handgun
Link Posted: 9/26/2004 12:16:16 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
SPECTRE: The rental Glock 17 at my now closed indoor range went 750,000rounds on the original frame. The slide was cracked and replaced at 500,000. Other than that, they had no other serious problem. The number of rounds shot is probably higher because their computer system on tracks the number of rounds bought at the range and not any rounds smuggled in. The Glock get a quick cleaning when the customer has jamming problem and then only very quick one to knock out the accumulated residues, which is few and far between.

The rental Sig 226 has broken the roll pin holding the breach block in place several times. The last time the roll pin broke, it was replaced with a solid pin, and that probably caused the slide to crack, at that point the 226 was retired to the junk heap.

Like I said, someone needs to tell the SEALs that their sidearm sucks.
They can pretty much have any pistol they want and they like the SIG.Go over to TacticalForums, SEAL forum and see how far you get with your argument.
BTW, they seem to prefer 1911s over all others.
I don't hate glocks, I had 4 and sold 4.  I just don't like how they shoot or feel.
Link Posted: 9/26/2004 12:21:24 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

three, overrated.

four, firing system.

Hmmmm....judging by your very insightful responses, like "frickin' retarded",  "WTF", "overrated", "firing system" [WHAT about it?], "hate the looks", "you get the point" [WHAT point!!].... I'll say your #2 pretty much sums up and explains YOUR arguments well (why typical armchair commando boys actually want the pricy SEAL guns, the HK SOCOMs, the gunz their heroes shoot, etc. when in reality it is they who tend to be the type that really don't know shit about ANY handgun, much less understand the straightforward simplicity and effectiveness of the Glock).
Try harder next time.
Link Posted: 9/26/2004 12:23:51 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Quoted:

three, overrated.

four, firing system.

Hmmmm....judging by your very insightful responses, like "frickin' retarded",  "WTF", "overrated", "firing system" [WHAT about it?], "hate the looks", "you get the point" [WHAT point!!].... I'll say your #2 pretty much sums up and explains YOUR arguments pretty well (why typical armchair commando boys actually want the pricy SEAL guns, the HK SOCOMs, the gunz their heroes shoot, etc. when in reality they're the type that really don't know shit about ANY handgun, much less understand the straightforward simplicity and effectiveness of the Glock).
Try harder next time.

Put down the glock sales brochure and back away slowly.
Link Posted: 9/26/2004 12:29:58 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
I'd take a Sig over a Glock any day, but I'd take an HK over either any day.

+1
Link Posted: 9/26/2004 12:37:46 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

three, overrated.

four, firing system.

Hmmmm....judging by your very insightful responses, like "frickin' retarded",  "WTF", "overrated", "firing system" [WHAT about it?], "hate the looks", "you get the point" [WHAT point!!].... I'll say your #2 pretty much sums up and explains YOUR arguments pretty well (why typical armchair commando boys actually want the pricy SEAL guns, the HK SOCOMs, the gunz their heroes shoot, etc. when in reality they're the type that really don't know shit about ANY handgun, much less understand the straightforward simplicity and effectiveness of the Glock).
Try harder next time.

Put down the glock sales brochure and back away slowly.

It's a deal, as long as you agree to [on behalf of all of us] once again go kiss some SIG ass and tell them just how divine a choice the P226 is for the SEALS and reassure the poor [SEAL] souls that you'll see to it that there can be no better firearm ever - because if you own it, our heroes are safe! Hey, did we forget to mention that the SEALS use the SIG???  
Link Posted: 9/26/2004 12:39:16 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Quoted:

three, overrated.

four, firing system.

Hmmmm....judging by your very insightful responses, like "frickin' retarded",  "WTF", "overrated", "firing system" [WHAT about it?], "hate the looks", "you get the point" [WHAT point!!].... I'll say your #2 pretty much sums up and explains YOUR arguments well (why typical armchair commando boys actually want the pricy SEAL guns, the HK SOCOMs, the gunz their heroes shoot, etc. when in reality it is they who tend to be the type that really don't know shit about ANY handgun, much less understand the straightforward simplicity and effectiveness of the Glock).
Try harder next time.

Armchair commando huh?

Where in my post did i say i wanted a "pricey SEAL gun"?

I can't say anything for the SOCOM, because i have not shot one.

Don't shoot your mouth off, when you don't know shit about me, or what i do, or what i like.

I posted in this thread to state the way i felt about glocks, how does that make me an armchair commando?  

Some people like the firing system, some don't. I personally hate glocks.

Huh? I guess i'm an armchair commando.

Tell us, really, you are one of the "Ex- SEALS" i always run into at the gun shows, right?

Tell me, do you even own any guns? Airsofts don't count.
Link Posted: 9/26/2004 12:48:37 PM EDT
[#12]
mtechgunman is just bitter that he doesnt own a glock.
he just loves to hate guns he doesnt own

He might come to his senses some dayIn my oipinion glocks are a more comfortable gun, they have a sleek look and besides a few mishaps ( that every gun has had ) they have been proven reliable
Link Posted: 9/26/2004 12:50:06 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
mtechgunman is just bitter that he doesnt own a glock.
he just loves to hate guns he doesnt own

He might come to his senses some day

In my oipinion glocks are a more comfortable gun, they have a sleek look and besides a few mishaps ( that every gun has had ) they have been proven reliable

Why would i buy something that i don't even like?

Bitter? hell yes i'm bitter.

BTW-- when have you ever fired a glock?
Link Posted: 9/26/2004 12:56:13 PM EDT
[#14]
IMO, the 9mm Glocks are accurate, reliable, rugged, easy to maintain, and have interchangeable mags for the standard sized weapon (G17), the longslide version (G17L), the compact (G19), and the subcompact (G26) models.  Some holsters fit all models.

They're simple tools that work extremely well.  

I like that.

Can't offer any info on Sigs, other than I've always coveted a P210...

Edited to address the question:  My Glocks put a bunch of bullets downrange with good accuracy and with zero weapon-related malfs.  Wouldn't trade them for anything.
Link Posted: 9/26/2004 1:00:10 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

Armchair commando huh?

Don't shoot your mouth off, when you don't know shit about me, or what i do, or what i like.

I posted in this thread to state the way i felt about glocks, how does that make me an armchair commando?  

Tell us, really, you are one of the "Ex- SEALS" i always run into at the gun shows, right?

Actually that "EX-SEAL" guy might be SPECTRE

You say all you did was post your feelings on Glocks - which you did - and so I "felt" that post deserved some extra special attention for how "informative" it was. That's all.  Don't go ballistic on us now "sir".

And you keep talking about the "firing system" of the Glock. Can you enlighten us on it please?

I do own a couple Glocks, among many other types - although I must say the Glocks are just for scarin' the in-laws 'cause that all their good for!!
Link Posted: 9/26/2004 1:03:14 PM EDT
[#16]
Sig.

Glocks are OK, but I prefer the feel of the Sig.  226 is a fine choice.
Link Posted: 9/26/2004 1:13:55 PM EDT
[#17]
you guys are really gona hate me then i carry a Kahr PM9not one hiccup so far.
Link Posted: 9/26/2004 1:15:43 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Armchair commando huh?

You say all you did was post your feelings on Glocks - which you did - and so I "felt" that post deserved some extra special attention for how "informative" it was. That's all.  Don't go ballistic on us now "sir".

And you keep talking about the "firing system" of the Glock. Can you enlighten us on it please?

I do own a couple Glocks, among many other types - although I must say the Glocks are just for scarin' the in-laws 'cause that all their good for!!

Look airsofter, I never claimed to be anything.
All I said was those who actually use their weapons, meaning the SEALs, like the SIG.
I also said they prefer 1911s overall.
I suggested you go on over to Tacticlforums and post your glock rants and see how far you get.
Care to give it a go ?
Link Posted: 9/26/2004 1:16:13 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

Fair enough.

Sorry to go "balistic"

Anyway-

I'm not a fan of the striker fire system in any weapon.

The trigger pull on the glocks, feel long, and awkward.

I don't like the Safe Action trigger, i think it is a joke. For those who don't know, if the center of the trigger isn't depressed, the gun won't fire. This seems like a joke because if the trigger is going to be pulled by something that it shouldn't be pulled by, chances are, it will pull the "Safe Action" part of the trigger.

I am talking about the "little peice of plastic" in the frame of the trigger.

I don't like the fact that the glock has no outside safeties. This means to me: the gun will go off if the trigger is pulled.

Since the glock is a "combat weapon", i think that it should have some sort of safety switch of some kind.

Friends again?
Link Posted: 9/26/2004 1:17:17 PM EDT
[#20]
Sig is an overly complicated, Light primer striking, failure to lock back the slide piece of shit!

That said, BOTH SHOULD BE BANNED!
Link Posted: 9/26/2004 1:18:03 PM EDT
[#21]
neither... go with a 1911... 9mm is weak for a combat pistol cartridge...
Link Posted: 9/26/2004 1:19:33 PM EDT
[#22]
1911 over any handgun anyways, therefore, this discussion is irrelevant.

Link Posted: 9/26/2004 1:20:47 PM EDT
[#23]
Check this website out --- Sig Vs. Glock!

I had a 220 and a 228 but I went with a Glock and a 1911 later on.  The Sig's are very nice, but the price of the Sig caused me to baby them.  I dont think a service sidearm should be a safe queen.
Link Posted: 9/26/2004 1:29:10 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Armchair commando huh?

All I said was those who actually use their weapons, meaning the SEALs, like the SIG.
I suggested you go on over to Tacticlforums and post your glock rants and see how far you get.
Care to give it a go ?

I would be curious as to WHY the SEALs prefer the SIG...If SIGs are better in Salt Water...that wouldn't make much difference to me (as I'm not a SEAL or have ever pretended to be one) Could be that the SEALS prefer the Sig for a reason that the average guy would never need.  My Glock 30 is one of the most accurate, reliable .45s I've ever had. I'm sure some Sig owners will say the same about their guns...My Glock 29 launches a 10mm that  very few (if any) carry pistols can equal in terms of weight/velocity
Link Posted: 9/26/2004 1:31:19 PM EDT
[#25]
I've heard that the SEALs are looking for a new handgun.  I cant substantiate that though.
Link Posted: 9/26/2004 2:00:20 PM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Fair enough.

Sorry to go "balistic"

Anyway-

I'm not a fan of the striker fire system in any weapon.

The trigger pull on the glocks, feel long, and awkward.

I don't like the Safe Action trigger, i think it is a joke. For those who don't know, if the center of the trigger isn't depressed, the gun won't fire. This seems like a joke because if the trigger is going to be pulled by something that it shouldn't be pulled by, chances are, it will pull the "Safe Action" part of the trigger.

I am talking about the "little peice of plastic" in the frame of the trigger.

I don't like the fact that the glock has no outside safeties. This means to me: the gun will go off if the trigger is pulled.

Since the glock is a "combat weapon", i think that it should have some sort of safety switch of some kind.

Such a shame, you forget one thing: that safety switch is that which is between your ears. Once that's in order (as it should be), the Glock is ready to fire with nothing else to get in the way. That is why I believe it to be a superior combat weapon.  Nuff said buddy of mine.
Don't worry about the plastic safe action trigger(it's one of THREE safety features). Every bozo who's ever shot himself with a Glock had his finger on the trigger/in the trigger guard. Surprised??

BTW, I own and very much enjoy shooting M1911s.
Link Posted: 9/26/2004 2:05:09 PM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Armchair commando huh?

Care to give it a go ?

Uh oh, here we go again - getting all TACTICAL on me now. So your daddies over at TACTICALforums are gonna give me an asswhoopin'?
Can't wait to go over and get myself 'Commando-Keyed' to death for dissin' their Tactical SIGs!!
Link Posted: 9/26/2004 2:10:14 PM EDT
[#28]
My FBI Special Agent was issued a Glock 40. He bought a baby Glock to carry as a back up as it will take any Glock 40 mag.

He is trying to get the boss to buy him a Sig. "Glocks are a good weapon, but it isn't a Sig"- FBI neighbor quote.
Link Posted: 9/26/2004 2:17:33 PM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Armchair commando huh?

Care to give it a go ?

Uh oh, here we go again - getting all TACTICAL on me now. So your daddies over at TACTICALforums are gonna give me an asswhoopin'?
Can't wait to go over and get myself 'Commando-Keyed' to death for dissin' their Tactical SIGs!!

Since its obvious that you cannot comprehend the written word, I'll help you a bit.
All I said was if you want the real story on SIGs, glocks, HKs, 1911s or other weapons, from those WHO ACTUALLY use them.  Then go over and post away.
There are real live SEALs there who moderate the boards so you should get a quick response.
I would certainly take their word and experience over yours.
I would also suggest you show them a little respect, I'm sure they have earned it.
Now go back to strokin your glock.
Link Posted: 9/26/2004 2:54:42 PM EDT
[#30]
Actually, I think I can settle this....I went over to Tactical Forums..The question has been asked many times...Glocks never got tested because they don't have a positive safety lever.  Many of those guys actually carry Glocks personally as well as Sigs and HK's
Link Posted: 9/26/2004 3:18:52 PM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:
Actually, I think I can settle this....I went over to Tactical Forums..The question has been asked many times...Glocks never got tested because they don't have a positive safety lever.  Many of those guys actually carry Glocks personally as well as Sigs and HK's

Are you listening Tacticaldude?
Link Posted: 9/26/2004 3:20:39 PM EDT
[#32]
Sig 220.  Whats a Glock?
Link Posted: 9/26/2004 3:29:18 PM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Hold on a sec...let me be clear on this...many of the members of the Forum carry Glocks personally...Those guys aren't necessarily SEALs although the Moderator of the SEAL forum is supposed to be a SEAL Vet.
Link Posted: 9/26/2004 3:36:40 PM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Hold on a sec...let me be clear on this...many of the members of the Forum carry Glocks personally...Those guys aren't necessarily SEALs although the Moderator of the SEAL forum is supposed to be a SEAL Vet.

There are several SEALs and other active duty people there.  "Frogman" in the SEAL forum is an active duty SEAL.Read His thread about the M1911.
It's no airsofter forum so M4 glock stroker wouldn't fit in.
It's obvious he hasn't taken the time to read any of the information there.
Link Posted: 9/26/2004 3:40:36 PM EDT
[#35]
Voodoo,
no need to beat it to death. The point is that it comes down to personal preference, not the one-fits-all.

I really have to wonder if real SEAL guys ever get tired of SEAL Team groupies always hanging around breathing down their neck, asking infinite questions about their sidearms, and starting piss matches on their behalf.     Kind of like that little neighbor kid that just won't go away.
So long...
Link Posted: 9/26/2004 3:48:08 PM EDT
[#36]
that's easy.... GLOCK ('cuz Sig doesn't make a 10mm yet..... )  
Link Posted: 9/26/2004 4:30:19 PM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:
Voodoo,
no need to beat it to death. The point is that it comes down to personal preference, not the one-fits-all.

I really have to wonder if real SEAL guys ever get tired of SEAL Team groupies always hanging around breathing down their neck, asking infinite questions about their sidearms, and starting piss matches on their behalf.     Kind of like that little neighbor kid that just won't go away.
So long...

Bye
Link Posted: 9/26/2004 4:32:34 PM EDT
[#38]
Get them both.

I have a Sig P228 and a Glock M19.  They are both great guns.

Link Posted: 9/26/2004 4:39:25 PM EDT
[#39]
i have a g26 and like it but i dont carry it. it was my first handgun, it will always have its place in my nightshelf.
Link Posted: 9/26/2004 4:44:32 PM EDT
[#40]
IMO, there is no comparison between a glock and a SIG, the SIG wins out each and every time.
One is a reliable firearm, the other a Kaboom waiting to occur (yes, glock fans, from experience, not second or third hand information).
SIG is a fine firearm.
YMMV.

ETA: What do I own?. Only HK's.
Link Posted: 9/26/2004 5:20:06 PM EDT
[#41]

Quoted:
One is a reliable firearm, the other a Kaboom waiting to occur (yes, glock fans, from experience, not second or third hand information).

I was wondering what took you so long to show up with this one!!
News like this this is never far off KaBoom
Link Posted: 9/26/2004 5:24:55 PM EDT
[#42]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I was wondering what took you so long to show up with this one!!
News like this this is never far off

You still here ?
Link Posted: 9/26/2004 5:26:56 PM EDT
[#43]
Had to come back for the laughs!
Wait...don't tell me YOU too had one blow up in your face!
I just knew it
Link Posted: 9/26/2004 5:36:44 PM EDT
[#44]
I perfer the Glock myself.  My first handgun was the Sig P226 and it shot like a champ.  I just like the simplicity of the Glock.  It took me awhile to get use to the trigger but once I did, I never went back to a double action handgun.   Just my .02 cents.
Link Posted: 9/26/2004 5:41:03 PM EDT
[#45]
Sig
Link Posted: 9/26/2004 5:58:08 PM EDT
[#46]

Quoted:
I just knew it

Nope, but if you could read you would have already known that.
Link Posted: 9/26/2004 5:59:55 PM EDT
[#47]
Sig. Don't think much of Glocks.
Link Posted: 9/26/2004 6:05:50 PM EDT
[#48]

Quoted:

Quoted:
I just knew it

Something tells me you're a little sore - do I "read" you correctly?
Get over it.
Link Posted: 9/26/2004 6:11:18 PM EDT
[#49]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
I just knew it

Something tells me you're a little sore - do I "read" you correctly?
Get over it.

It would appear from your text above you find a firearm that goes 'Kaboom' to be funny. The owners of such do not, nor do the range officers.

'I' can list five others members on this site to back up 'my' claim of three (3) glocks going Kaboom on my (yes, MY) range, all were using factory ammunition.

Allow me this question if I may? On average, how many handgun rounds do you fire each year through your 'trusted' glock?
Link Posted: 9/26/2004 6:30:29 PM EDT
[#50]
Got to fire my neighbors .357 Sig today. He is a federal agent, so he gets free ammo. The Sig was free too.  Compliments of uncle sugar. He offered to let me shoot it and I said thanks. He said no, thank you, your taxes paid for the gun and the bullets, enjoy.
Let me say, that this was one fine firearm. I used to have an HK USP .45. I would rate this pistol right up there.  We were plinking cans at about 50 meters. That Gold dot government ammo was pretty hot. I was suprised at the heat from that little round.
With that said, I will be getting a Sig soon.  That was just too nice of a gun.  I really want to shoot it again.  Forget Glock after shooting that thing.
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top