User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 9/21/2004 6:34:07 PM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:

Quoted:
There is nothing wrong with my FFL. I've been doing business with him for more than 10 years and he in fact does ALL of my firearms transfers for free.

Well, maybe he treats you good, but his policy stinks IMHO.

There is no need for an "individual" to have a copy of my FFL's license. What would they do with it?

Where did you get that idea?  AFAIK The seller needs to have a ink signed copy of the recipient's FFL, otherwise how can he prove that he did in fact ship the gun out of state to a licensed dealer?  I still hold on to some licenses years after the sale, just in case someone from BATFE wants to know where the gun went.
WRONG: Only A FFL needs an Ink Signed Copy. Individuals can just ship direct to the recieving FFL

Many FFL's will not send their license to a non FFL . . . how many here can vouch for this?
I have seen posts here about this, and some have even had problems with "individuals" using the FFL license to obtain weapons illegally.Since individuals do not need them, and could use the license to create a forgery, most FFLs will not provide
So tell me why my FFL is the problem? I don't see it.

Well, I've never heard of a dealer who wouldn't send a license to a not FFL.  I guess an 'individual' could hypothetically use the license for evil, but that seems like a stretch.  Maybe I'm wrong.  

BTW, I once had a local dealer send his FFL to an out of state seller, but when the dealer got the gun, he claimed the seller did not have an FFL (the seller did not have a license, nor was he required to have one) and tried to hold the gun (which I had paid good money for).  Needless to say, I settled this by having him call BATF, and the gun was transferred to its rightful owner (me), and I never dealt with the dealer again.

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Top Top