Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 9/17/2004 1:29:22 PM EDT
[#1]
No, you didn't / can't interfere with it, you mocked it by the way you stated it and pissed a lot of peopple off in the process.  Understand?
Link Posted: 9/17/2004 1:31:37 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 9/17/2004 1:32:24 PM EDT
[#3]
Poink,

Your benifit of the doubt is being used up.  I start to get curious too when the poster keeps leaping on every unfavorable comment to fan the argument.  So far little of much intrest has been expressed by either side.  Seems kinda pointless to prattle on about it for pages on end.  I'll now take my own advise and say I'm done with this one.
Link Posted: 9/17/2004 2:31:13 PM EDT
[#4]
FR is simply a conservative version of DU. it's like that episode of Star Trek, Mirror Mirror
I give them the same lack of credibility
Link Posted: 9/17/2004 2:47:45 PM EDT
[#5]
They seem to come out of the woodwork with me don't they Beekeep?

I mean, what part of my statement remotely warranted a 'Fuck you' and 'you are a piece of shit'? I am not necessarily voicing support for poink... but I can sympathize with some of the frustration.

Guess my original assertion holds true even now. Rayra's response embodies my case in point to the truest of truths. You can present an objective opinion as a moderate/MOR (middle of road) and you are immediately flamed from both sides.... sometimes from the right with more hatred and vitriol than the left.

Fiscal conservative, social moderate here.
Link Posted: 9/17/2004 3:08:39 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
They seem to come out of the woodwork with me don't they Beekeep?

I mean, what part of my statement remotely warranted a 'Fuck you' and 'you are a piece of shit'? I am not necessarily voicing support for poink... but I can sympathize with some of the frustration.

Guess my original assertion holds true even now. Rayra's response embodies my case in point to the truest of truths. You can present an objective opinion as a moderate/MOR (middle of road) and you are immediately flamed from both sides.... sometimes from the right with more hatred and vitriol than the left.

I agree.  I hope you don't think I was doing that when I asked for clarification.
Link Posted: 9/17/2004 3:10:55 PM EDT
[#7]
Not at all. I would be happy to engage in such polite discourse with you anytime.

You are quite the genteel individual. Thank you.
Link Posted: 9/17/2004 3:48:08 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
Geez, you guys, give him a chance.  This is no way to welcome someone to the site.  

Mike, I swear to God you would defend Hitler if he joined this board....at least until he posted his plan for Jews.

Sometimes we fellow members see things waaaaay before you ever do.

Sgtar15
Link Posted: 9/17/2004 5:06:35 PM EDT
[#9]
poink I have no doubt that your time here will be short.  You seem to enjoy playing a game with people claiming not to be controversial, claiming to be misunderstood or some other hogwash.  I have a strong suspicion you simply want to stir up the people on this forum in sly subtle ways.

I bet you own no guns and have no intention of owning any.  I bet you have very few things in common with the majority of members here and I bet you know it.  I bet you will either grow tired of your little game or better yet, someone will find a reason to remove your ass from the site.
Link Posted: 9/17/2004 5:14:02 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 9/17/2004 5:37:15 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
I was a member of freerepublic for quite some time, and every now and then I would raise a differing opinion than that of the kool-aid-drinking, papal-loving, bush-is-the-second-coming posters.

I am by no stretch of the imagination a democrat/liberal/hippy/atheist/etc, nor have I ever been

Fuck You.
Your use of "papal-loving" as an attempted insult is all ANYONE needs to know of your fucked-up world-view or politics. That you mock the religious, that you utter a sneering "papal-loving" tells everyone all they need to know of your deficient personality.
wtf is so hard about leaving the religious alone, to practice their non-violent faith?

I myself am an agnostic / lapsed catholic, have no great love for ANY organized religion - but I'M not going to spew "papal-loving".

I don't care WHAT politics you CLAIM, you are a piece of shit, and I hope you get banned HERE, too.

I'll tell you what, rayra--I'll start by banning the ones who actually violate the Conduct Code--oh, that would be YOU.  Please edit your posts to fall within the Conduct Code, and I'll not lock your account.  To all--poink has not violated the Conduct Code in a manner to nearly warrant an account lock.  I locked his other thread, as it was too close to bashing, as not everyone will see the humor.  The fact is came from a "satire site" means nothing when it's posted as a stand-alone item.  Everyone is free to bring whatever political beliefs they wish here--there is no "party line" to maintain--but this board is overwhelmingly Conservative, so other idealogies will be challenged, especially if not backed up with facts.  If one comes here and attacks tenets of conservativism via "bomb throwing" and offers nothing to back up the inflammatory rhetoric, then you will be harangued and belittled.  In spite of this, everyone is expected to post within the Conduct Code.  It's not difficult--attack the idea, not the poster.  

Edit:  EVERYONE is asked nicely to refrain from name-calling.  Mmmkay?

I wouldn't say "fuck you" to someone in a conversation unless it was in The Pit. But, are you saying it violates the CoC and is a banning offense now?
Link Posted: 9/17/2004 5:45:22 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
I bet you own no guns and have no intention of owning any.  I bet you have very few things in common with the majority of members here and I bet you know it.  I bet you will either grow tired of your little game or better yet, someone will find a reason to remove your ass from the site.

what are you talking about? i own 3 guns, and i have one on the way.

just because i am not some brainwashed idealogue does not mean i 'dont own guns' or 'dont have anything in common with anyone here'.

jeez, some of you think i want to undermine everything 'good in america' because i dont agree with everything in the so-called 'conservative movement'.
Link Posted: 9/17/2004 5:49:46 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
i just wish the libertarian party could get their shit together and run ads promoting personal freedom and limited government, rather than running ads about how they want to legalize marijuana.

Another Libertarian quasi-troll.  And I say "quasi-troll" because, while you are not a troll by the strictest definition, you know some of the things you believe will be unpopular but express them to provoke a reaction, then get surprised at the reaction.

BTW, I probably agree with you on many things that would be unpopular at AR15.com, like my extreme suspicion for the law enforcement community.  However, considering the large number of LEOs that post here, I refrain from baiting them.  At the end of the day, I view this site primarily as a Firearms information/reference source (and a damn good one!), so I don't wish to get banned over the stuff in the general forum, which I view as entertainment.

Just my $0.02.

it's much easier to accuse someone of being a troll, rather than debate whatever issue is causing said person to be accused of being a troll.

and how do you know one opinion or the other may be unpopular, because you, yourself, said that there are many issues you would probably agree with but just dont choose to express them for various reasons.

i wouldnt judge popular opinion by those who are the most vocal.

Now THIS sounds like psychopolitics!!!
Link Posted: 9/17/2004 5:49:57 PM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 9/17/2004 5:53:49 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I wouldn't say "fuck you" to someone in a conversation unless it was in The Pit. But, are you saying it violates the CoC and is a banning offense now?

No--absolutely not.  I just highlighted it rather than fetching several of his posts.  If you do a quick search of his posts, you will see he attacks others in nearly every one.  That post applies to him ONLY, except the last sentence--it's the personal attacks--name calling and such, that is the problem.  I'm leaving right now, or I would get you some examples, as I know which threads some of them are in.  If you don't wish to bother searching (and I don't blame you), you'll just have to take my word for it--his posts today have been BLATANT violations of the Conduct Code.  The one I quoted here was just the most recent--*by far* not the worst.  

No need to waste any more time, I completely understand.
Link Posted: 9/17/2004 5:56:19 PM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 9/17/2004 6:07:15 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

I am not necessarily voicing support for poink... but I can sympathize with some of the frustration.

I have some frustrations.

I know ya'll are going to be terribly disappointed, particularly those of you with a keen interest in used cheerleader's tennis shoes, but I've elected to only voice them in the appropriate forums.
Link Posted: 9/17/2004 6:13:16 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I am not necessarily voicing support for poink... but I can sympathize with some of the frustration.

I have some frustrations.

I know ya'll are going to be terribly disappointed, particularly those of you with a keen interest in used cheerleader's tennis shoes, but I've elected to only voice them in the appropriate forums.

it's not like i went there and just started arguing with everything and everyone. i agree with more than i disagree with there, it's just that if you dare have a dissenting opinion from time to time, you get labeled a troll/liberal/DU'er/atheist/unamerican/etc. it's ridiculous!
Link Posted: 9/17/2004 6:16:53 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

Funny, SAME HERE.
Just spent too many years exposed to the blather of the leftists, the Post-Modernist multi-culti, 'all viewpoints are equally valid' 'what is Truth' / everyone has their OWN Truth, 'Oh no, pheer the US <i>Theocracy</i>' dunderheads to have ANY patience left for them.

To Staff / Mods - fine, I'll go redact my horrible awful nasty cursewords, to conform to the covenants.
But I'll not apologize for them, and certainly not to the likes of somebody like 'poink'.
Link Posted: 9/17/2004 6:19:11 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

My friend, I've defended you many times.  For the 200th time--people are banned from this board when they earn it, through Conduct Code violations.  We have no problem with DUh trolls, differing points of view, ANYTHING--as long as it's within the CC.  When someone shows up who doesn't seem to "fit"--for want of a better term--it is not your job to harangue them into leaving (nor anyone else's, of course).  When you see a CC violation, give Staff a heads-up.  We do not need a site "attack dog."  

I know.  And I agree with your statement.  But I sure as hell donb't like it.

I guess that is why you are the mod and I am not.  I just prefer a more pro-active approach I guess.

SGatr15
Link Posted: 9/17/2004 6:26:21 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:
No--absolutely not.  I just highlighted it rather than fetching several of his posts.  If you do a quick search of his posts, you will see he attacks others in nearly every one.  

That's a gross overstatement of the facts. This week, sure. had enough with crapheads after arguing all over the internet about the AWB expiration and the CBS forgeries. You care to really get a fair appreciation of my post history, I invite you to look at it ALL.
Link Posted: 9/17/2004 6:40:00 PM EDT
[#22]
Posted a response on FR in support of Stem Cell research and my opinion that Bush was allowing the US to fall behind medical advances and they didn't ban me.
Link Posted: 9/17/2004 6:56:05 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:
I personally don't give a shit if someone is libertarian or anything else. What I do care about, what I have had e-fucking-nough of, what I refuse to accept anymore - is sneering mental-children that come to this board or any other board I inhabit, open with insults and sneers to the general population, then cry 'suppression of dissent' and 'you people are mean' AFTER THEY have pissed on the rug. fuck 'em.
All I've got for them now is a hobnailed-boot in their face.

Don't like it when someone moves in on your territory?
Link Posted: 9/17/2004 10:42:40 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Funny, SAME HERE.
Just spent too many years exposed to the blather of the leftists, the Post-Modernist multi-culti, 'all viewpoints are equally valid' 'what is Truth' / everyone has their OWN Truth, 'Oh no, pheer the US <i>Theocracy</i>' dunderheads to have ANY patience left for them.

To Staff / Mods - fine, I'll go redact my horrible awful nasty cursewords, to conform to the covenants.
But I'll not apologize for them, and certainly not to the likes of somebody like 'poink'.

I don't know anything about conspiracies or the Illuminati. All I know is what I experience in my immediate world. The people who represent themselves as being 'conservative Republicans' generally are a tight social clique of aristocratic caste on a local level. They use their syndicate to control a lot of people, those people's finances through local employment, their media access, and their lives in general.

They've used this control for decades to fly beneath the radar, financing themselves to the detriment of the community -- namely our tax money.

As I see these syndicates from the inside of county politics, I start to understand the internetworking of the county chapters of the state party. This has massive implication.

There are FAR FEWER registered Republicans and Democrats that they would like you to believe. In my county, right at 70% of voting households consider themselves voting independents.  In precincts where a party generally beats the other party, so voteth the Independents -- which stands to reason if you consider the herd mentality of neighbors & neighborhoods.

The morally bankrupt local syndicates feed the state parties. The Republicans are generally more organized and have better financial support, but they are generally no better than Dems... and vice versa. History repeats itself. The two largest parties which represent a voting minority combined as a whole -- gets to make the decisions for the largest segments of population through influence and control. They control their own power and financial bases through relationships -- particularly through those with financial means on both ends of their respective political spectrum.

But the whole thing is a smokescreen to hide the control of the books which record the decisionmaking of what happens to your tax dollars they seize. When was the last time your immediate municipality or county published their department line-item level budget at the beginning of the fiscal year. Then published the financial decisions and the progress against the budget. You have to go to your local auditor's office to generally get that information, and they will charge you a nominal copy fee of $X to get what already belongs to you. So they tend to get away with operating pretty much as they choose so long as they play Survivor the right way.

I don't know how it happens inside the DC beltway -- never been inside operating politics at that level. But I can assure you that this is what I experience and document at the local and state level.

Now you know why Ohio is such a battleground state.

I think that it has alot to do with information access. Ohio was one of the battleground states for marketshare of Internet connectivity through the gold rush. As a result, bandwidth and access here was early, plentiful, and cheap. People outside of these cliques have been able to congregate, exchange information, and create new relationships around these old power structures. Quite simply, there is a higher level of informed voter in Ohio -- at least that is my theory right now.
Link Posted: 9/17/2004 10:47:51 PM EDT
[#25]
Link Posted: 9/17/2004 10:56:51 PM EDT
[#26]
Link Posted: 9/17/2004 11:26:17 PM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:

Quoted:
poink, you're quickly learning the hard way that people hate libertarians as much as they hate agnostics. Everyone wants you to choose their side, and buy in hard.

There's no such thing as balance in these parts -- which should give you some indication of the thought processes of the US as a whole.

You're either all the way in or you are an operative for the other side.

sounds like the reasoning used by dictators and tyrants alike. you dont agree with us, so we shall deal with you.

and some of you claim to be on the side of freedom?

No, just the reality of politics.  And I can safely say that because I am an agnostic libertarian who has learned that harsh lesson here and other places.

And this topic meets the criteria for the image I photoshopped (rather poorly) the other day...

Link Posted: 9/18/2004 3:43:19 AM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

And God help you if you have the audacity to stand up for things such as: stem cell research, euthanasia of the terminally ill, ending the war on drugs, or tell those advocating the mass murder of one particular religion that they are wrong.

Do any of those, and you will wind up like me; BANNED.

So you support the killing of babies but are against the killing of terrorist? Yup. You're a fuck troll.
Now get the fuck out of here also.Sgatr15<---------------------------------per CoC

umm...when did i ever say i dont support killing of terrorists? because i don't think every muslim on the face of the planet wants to strap a bomb to their child and go blow up a bunch of innocent people?

i hate being painted as coming from the same ilk as people who think the way you do.

Hmm, open ended statements begging for response.... answer questions with questions  complete with  More targets and hot button hints.
You are like the disgustingly gay couple going into the known straight bar and insisting on their "rights" to slobber all over each other  and  then cry about it when they get stepped on.

My conclusion ? in the classic sense of the word.  i.e.  posting for no other reason besides to stir shit.

You sir have none of your own and need to attend Couth School  Immediately.... remedial classes.

Rip
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top