BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 9/17/2004 8:13:18 AM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:

A gun is 17 times more likely to harm a member of your family than to kill an armed intruder!
1) Harm a member of your family. Not kill. Just harm.

Yep, it's true.  Cleaning my M1A, bold slammed shut on my hand.  I was HARMED by my gun.

Can't argue with facts.  I am a victim.  
Link Posted: 9/17/2004 8:15:29 AM EDT
[#2]
Same here.......my wife uses them it against me every chance she gets.
My guns (BB) is the object of her defense or arguement for other things $$$.....

...they are very dangerous and only experts should handle them ........
Link Posted: 9/17/2004 8:44:38 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
From the GOA Fact Sheet:

Fact: A study claiming "guns more likely to kill you than help you" is a total fraud. Not surprisingly, the figure claiming one is three times more likely to be killed by one’s own gun is a total lie. The author of this study, Dr. Arthur Kellerman, refused to release the data behind his conclusions for years.148 Subsequently available evidence shows why Kellerman stonewalled for so long:

Alpine

That same Kellerman study also found you are 4 times more likely to be murdered if you rent vs. own your home. So using their logic, we could have a greater impact on the murder rate simply by buying everyone their own home. Rental units are more dangerous than guns.
Link Posted: 9/17/2004 8:46:05 AM EDT
[#4]
Guns in MY home are 100% more likely to be used to protect me and my family against  or repel home invaders that if they were not present.

Tell him to stick THAT statistic into the discussion.
Link Posted: 9/17/2004 8:59:52 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
Same here.......my wife uses them it against me every chance she gets.
My guns (BB) is the object of her defense or arguement for other things $$$.....

...they are very dangerous and only experts should handle them ........

Or people that aren't slaves married.
Link Posted: 9/17/2004 9:03:44 AM EDT
[#6]
This could totally be true if you leave your guns fully loaded with the safety off next to a open window that is partially hidden from the street by some large bushes in a poorly lit area in a bad neighborhood with a sign over your front door saying, "large quantities of cash stored here."
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top