BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 9/18/2004 6:50:34 AM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
Don't let your guard down for one fucking second.
Don't trust ANYONE who isn't an American.
You can relax NEXT year.
Good luck.

What he said.
Link Posted: 9/18/2004 7:06:13 AM EDT
[#2]
FOB Speicher, must be in Tikrit, spent a year there. We lived in Saddam's birthday palace. I spent about 3 months as the rear 50 gunner in a 3 humvee convoy. My rule was no one passed me. Any spec ops or any coalition forces that ride around in civilian cars better flash an American flag or something that says, Im friendly. Always kept a few full cans of soda on the roof so when Iraqis started trying to ride my ass, I could give them a little wake up call. Stay safe.
Edit to say:  Read someones advice on not getting complacent. A year is a long damn time to be there. I saw more than a few people get complacent just because it had been a while since they been shot at. Stay the hell away from those people. All the complacency  and bitching and whining are the reason I begged myself out of the line platoon and into the HQ 50 gunner position.
Link Posted: 9/18/2004 7:09:42 AM EDT
[#3]
Kick some ass Hawkin and watch your 6!

CMOS
Link Posted: 9/18/2004 7:13:34 AM EDT
[#4]
Stay safe,
Watch your 6,
and thankyou.
Link Posted: 9/18/2004 7:18:29 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
May god be with you and go kick some ass!

+1

Stay safe
Link Posted: 9/18/2004 8:40:03 AM EDT
[#6]
Hey man,

I'm just up the road at Summerall. I leave for R&R in a few days. If you make it up this way, just ask the guys at the front gate to give mke a call and I'll meet you on the runway.

TangoChaser (MSG Putnam, TF 1-33)
Link Posted: 9/18/2004 8:41:32 AM EDT
[#7]
Hawkin,

TangoChaser is in Summerall and I'm down in Anaconda.  Watch your six.

CD
Link Posted: 9/18/2004 8:46:00 AM EDT
[#8]
hawkin,

Thank you for serving!  Do a righteous job and come home safe.

Drive fast, shoot straight, and don't take candy from strangers.

EDIT:  I'll be more than happy grab something and mail it to you from clothing sales,  BX, or something from where ever on a base for you - I'm surrounded by bases here in San Antonio.  Just drop me a note.

GO AIR FORCE!
Link Posted: 9/18/2004 9:35:13 AM EDT
[#9]
Kick some ass. God bless you.

Link Posted: 10/12/2004 11:52:33 AM EDT
[#10]
Hey Hawkin when you get the time shoot me an IM.

Stay safe over there.
Link Posted: 10/12/2004 4:44:18 PM EDT
[#11]
God Bless you.  Stay safe.  Don't go ANYWHERE alone.  Be aware of classic traps.

1) Always be cool
2) Never Get lost
3) If ya get lost...still be cool!  

I'll see ya there, soon!
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top