BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 9/15/2004 11:38:56 AM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
Remember folks...steroids can make you big, but they don't improve your swing mechanics and your ability to see the pitch...that comes from natural ability and practice, practice, practice...

It helps the power.

Bonds should be tested. If he's found to have used, he should have all his records removed from the books.
Link Posted: 9/15/2004 11:42:04 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 9/15/2004 11:43:53 AM EDT
[#3]
shevan, i don't like you at all but i agree with all the points you've made in this thread.
Link Posted: 9/15/2004 12:00:35 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

Quoted:
You think the pitchers of old were more talented than today's crop?

I don't think Sandy K threw +100mph...or had a 95mph cutter.

no, but he had one of the most devastating curveballs of all time, not to mention he had the control of maddux in his prime.

agree...I just think one cannot dismiss some of the talent in MLB today...the arm strength alone is remarkable
Link Posted: 9/15/2004 12:55:33 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
Babe Ruth was a better player and a great pitcher as well.

A lot of ppl. forget this...the Babe probably would have been in the Hall of Fame just on pitching alone, had he stayed a pitcher. Barry Bonds is juiced asshole that is the wrong image for baseball...
Link Posted: 9/15/2004 12:56:55 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
Remember folks...steroids can make you big, but they don't improve your swing mechanics and your ability to see the pitch...that comes from natural ability and practice, practice, practice...

No, they just make a fly out a homerun...
Link Posted: 9/15/2004 1:00:21 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
ETA: Also since Balco has came out Bonds, Giambi, and Sheffield have noticably shrunk in size, I wonder why?

Also, Rominowski had to retire...
Link Posted: 9/15/2004 5:44:52 PM EDT
[#8]
Not all pitchers today are great, but as a whole they're better than Ruth's era, for one thing you had a lot more pitchers throw complete games back then, not because they were good, but just because that was expected. Now days you have a starter, reliever, middle reliever, and closer. It's a lot tougher for a batter these days to face 3 or 4 fresh pitchers in a game. If you had a pitcher who could throw in the upper 90's back then, chances were he was in the low to mid 80's by the end of the game, big difference in my opinion. Whether you like Bonds or not, it doesn't matter, he's a great player with or without the juice, he dominates now just like he would have 30, 40, 50, or 60yrs ago. As rich as he is, he doesn't give a rats ass what you or I think of him, probably the same attitude Ruth had in his day about a lot so-called baseball fans.
Link Posted: 9/15/2004 5:57:01 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
Whether you like Bonds or not, it doesn't matter, he's a great player with or without the juice, he dominates now just like he would have 30, 40, 50, or 60yrs ago. As rich as he is, he doesn't give a rats ass what you or I think of him, probably the same attitude Ruth had in his day about a lot so-called baseball fans.

non-sequitur, I'm not a baseball fan (thanks to the strikes) I don't care if they ever play or set another record.

Maris (or Ruth or Aaron) didn't need BALCO to get his record. Bonds w/o BALCO was a talented player, but not a HR record holder (see: HIS STATS WHILE IN PITTSBURGH)

Bonds refusal to be tested says one thing: FRAUD

Link Posted: 9/15/2004 6:09:48 PM EDT
[#10]
It's sad, but there's talk nothing will be banned 10yrs from now, due to the ability to mask enhancers and new enhancers coming out every year, plus people are spoilt, they wan't to see homers and a lot of them, they don't want to see someone hitting 30 or 40 dingers barely over the fence, they want to see 70, 80 ,90, or 100 hit out of the stadium, this is America, the bigger the better! I for one could care less either way, but I think this statement is fairly accurate.
Link Posted: 9/15/2004 9:12:55 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

I suppose it was just such 'practice, practice, practice' that enabled BB to hit a lunging, 1-handed homer here in Miami last year?  Yeah , right.    The Bonds in the ' BEFORE ' side of that comparison pic would have popped that pitch up to 2nd base.  The 'Roid-Monster on the ' AFTER ' side  put it in the 20th row.

Can you say ***ASTERISK***?  Sure ya can!
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top