BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 5
Link Posted: 9/13/2004 12:15:27 PM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:

Quoted:
ar50troll, can you tell me about the alleged racist incident involving Ted Nugent?  I haven't heard or read anything .

It's out there if you look  here's a few.  What hurt ted wasn't so much the Racist comments.  It was his inability to be a man and admit he made them.  So what he's on the NRA Board.  Kenneth Lay was a board member too.  That doesn't mean shit.  Money and Power does not make one correct.

Associated Press
Wednesday July 19, 2000 2:44 PM ET

Nugent Pulls Out of Houston Concert

HOUSTON (AP) - Ted Nugent would rather silence his guitar than his
mouth.

Citing freedom of speech, the rocker is pulling out of an Aug. 22
concert with Kiss because the promoters want him to promise not to
make offensive remarks.

Nugent raised the ire of Latinos at an April concert here when he
criticized people who live in the United States but don't speak
English and told them to return to their native countries. The
profanity-laced tirade echoed similar comments at San Antonio concert
a day earlier.

Local Hispanic community leaders are organizing a national boycott of
Nugent.

That's racist?  Shit, I agree with him.  Do you want to know what color my skin is?  Furthermore, I hate when Mexicans scold me because I won't speak Spanish with them.  I may look Mexican, and I may have some Mexican in me, but I'm an American and in America we speak English.  Failure to speak English in the US is crippling economically and socially.  That's just a fact that you have to live with.

Remember the Alamo, and God Bless Texas...
Link Posted: 9/13/2004 12:18:31 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
ar50troll, can you tell me about the alleged racist incident involving Ted Nugent?  I haven't heard or read anything .

It's out there if you look  here's a few.  What hurt ted wasn't so much the Racist comments.  It was his inability to be a man and admit he made them.  So what he's on the NRA Board.  Kenneth Lay was a board member too.  That doesn't mean shit.  Money and Power does not make one correct.

Associated Press

mouth.

make offensive remarks.

a day earlier.

Nugent.

That's racist?  Shit, I agree with him.  Do you want to know what color my skin is?  Furthermore, I hate when Mexicans scold me because I won't speak Spanish with them.  I may look Mexican, and I may have some Mexican in me, but I'm an American and in America we speak English.  Failure to speak English in the US is crippling economically and socially.  That's just a fact that you have to live with.

OK where to strart???  There is no "Official" language here. so peeps can speak what they want.  Now do I agree with it, No.  Hell no actually.  I am amazed so many people are missing the point.  Ted laid a turd in SA and apparently in Houston too with the Burrito Breath, eat my hot sauce ass stuff.  The message he was attempting to convey was a good one.  They words he chose were utter crap.
Link Posted: 9/13/2004 12:20:11 PM EDT
[#3]
ar50troll

I do see validity in some of your statements.  But those who would be affected by those "offensive remarks" are people who weren't on board with his political stances in the first place.

The pre-offended were re-offended.  And calling anything at a Rock concert an "outburst" is akin to saying that the report from a howitzer was too noisey.

His credibilty has not been direly affected and it is quite apparent in the community of which he serves.  His popularity is either maintaining or continuing to grow.  And to label him a racist is flatly incorrect.  That was overly evident on hid VH1 special "Surviving the Nugnet."  He selected people to move forward in the contest based on their performance and not whether they were lesbian, black, hispanic, etc.

Ted is as strong as ever.  Nothing has been destroyed.
Link Posted: 9/13/2004 12:21:04 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:

Associated Press

mouth.

make offensive remarks.

a day earlier.

Nugent.

OK where to strart???  There is no "Official" language here. so peeps can speak what they want.  Now do I agree with it, No.  Hell no actually.  I am amazed so many people are missing the point.  Ted laid a turd in SA and apparently in Houston too with the Burrito Breath, eat my hot sauce ass stuff.  The message he was attempting to convey was a good one.  They words he chose were utter crap.[/quote

]

Bullshit we speak english here or attempt it anyways. What the hell is a peep? Easter candy?
Link Posted: 9/13/2004 12:21:56 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
ar50troll

I do see validity in some of your statements.  But those who would be affected by those "offensive remarks" are people who weren't on board with his political stances in the first place.
The pre-offended were re-offended.  And calling anything at a Rock concert an "outburst" is akin to saying that the report from a howitzer was too noisey.

His credibilty has not been direly affected and it is quite apparent in the community of which he serves.  His popularity is either maintaining or continuing to grow.  And to label him a racist is flatly incorrect.  That was overly evident on hid VH1 special "Surviving the Nugnet."  He selected people to move forward in the contest based on their performance and not whether they were lesbian, black, hispanic, etc.

Ted is as strong as ever.  Nothing has been destroyed.

Items in red are not true statements.  Just to appease you I have a email in to the NRA ILA to see what their "Official" response is to this discussion.  I will post it when I get it if it's OK with my rep.
Link Posted: 9/13/2004 12:23:35 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Okay, Uncle Teddy has one less fan!  Big f'in deal, now move aside and let Uncle Ted on by!

GO Mr. Nugent!

Yawn, please go back and re-read the entire thread.

If your tired go back to sleep. I did read YOUR thread, no need to re-read nonsense.
Link Posted: 9/13/2004 12:23:50 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
OK where to strart???  There is no "Official" language here. so peeps can speak what they want.  Now do I agree with it, No.  Hell no actually.  I am amazed so many people are missing the point.  Ted laid a turd in SA and apparently in Houston too with the Burrito Breath, eat my hot sauce ass stuff.  The message he was attempting to convey was a good one.  They words he chose were utter crap.

I've read the links, I've read the thread.  Have the balls to say what was said, exactly as it was said, if you're going to keep this up or quit with this shit.  So far I haven't been offended by anything I've read, and I'm probably more Mexican than you.

Link Posted: 9/13/2004 12:24:35 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Bullshit we speak english here or attempt it anyways. What the hell is a peep? Easter candy?

Peep is indeed an seasonal marsh,allow based candy as well as a slang term for "People".

If you have mastery of the English language please go hereand learn that we have no "Official" national language.  Although many are trying to get English as the official one.  I agree English should be the official language.
Link Posted: 9/13/2004 12:26:19 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
Okay, Uncle Teddy has one less fan!  Big f'in deal, now move aside and let Uncle Ted on by!

GO Mr. Nugent!

If your tired go back to sleep. I did read YOUR thread, no need to re-read nonsense.

OK.  Thanks for the reply.  I guess if you did actually read the entire thread and associated links then your just not understanding the nature of the discussion.  Ted Nugents opinions on Immigration and Gun Control?Ownership directly reflect mine.  The words he chose do not.
Link Posted: 9/13/2004 12:27:06 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Quoted:
I don't have a problem with what he said......

In fact I agree.   I wouldn't think of moving to a foreign country and not learning the language , written or spoken.  YMMV

...  It's not what he said, it's how he said it.

Spoken like a true liberal.  

Link Posted: 9/13/2004 12:27:35 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 9/13/2004 12:27:37 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
Just to appease you I have a email in to the NRA ILA to see what their "Official" response is to this discussion.  I will post it when I get it if it's OK with my rep.

That would be appreciated.

Link Posted: 9/13/2004 12:28:23 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I've read the links, I've read the thread.  Have the balls to say what was said, exactly as it was said, if you're going to keep this up or quit with this shit.  So far I haven't been offended by anything I've read, and I'm probably more Mexican than you.

Probably, because I am as white as they come.  Having balls has nothing to do with fact or fiction, right or wrong.  Sure I stick out my chest and beat it here frequently myself.  it really means nothing.  I don't understand what you mean by keep this up?
Link Posted: 9/13/2004 12:28:24 PM EDT
[#14]
the nuge.
Link Posted: 9/13/2004 12:28:56 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
sigh

true, very true.
Link Posted: 9/13/2004 12:29:51 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
I don't have a problem with what he said......

In fact I agree.   I wouldn't think of moving to a foreign country and not learning the language , written or spoken.  YMMV

...  It's not what he said, it's how he said it.

Spoken like a true liberal.  

Your funny.  No liberals work with Nugent.  I do and have to get his Name off the VPC website.
Link Posted: 9/13/2004 12:31:34 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Probably, because I am as white as they come.  Having balls has nothing to do with fact or fiction, right or wrong.  Sure I stick out my chest and beat it here frequently myself.  it really means nothing.  I don't understand what you mean by keep this up?

Again...

I've read the links and I've read the thread.  Have the balls to say exactly what offended you and in what manner it was said.  

Link Posted: 9/13/2004 12:33:58 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

GO Mr. Nugent!

OK.  Thanks for the reply.  I guess if you did actually read the entire thread and associated links then your just not understanding the nature of the discussion. Ted Nugents opinions on Immigration and Gun Control?Ownership directly reflect mine.  The words he chose do not.

Guess again, I fully crasp the nature of this ENTIRE discussion, but thanks for your concern.
Link Posted: 9/13/2004 12:34:08 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Again...

I've read the links and I've read the thread.  Have the balls to say exactly what offended you and in what manner it was said.  

Hmm  I was never offended?  Where do you get that from?  Actually this thread is way off track.  If you cannot understand what has been put forth, just let the thread return to what it's about.  
Link Posted: 9/13/2004 12:34:56 PM EDT
[#20]
Hey, Spike Lee is still a "go to" guy for the media notwithstanding his ".44 Bulldog, shoot him in the ass" comment about Carlton Heston.  So's Alec Baldwin, despite his comments about killing Henry Hyde.  Course these comments aren't "racist" and they're only meant in good fun.

Ted's comments are actually too subtle for his enemies.  He probably like tacos and hot sauce, just not people that disguise their culture war's dis-service to immigrants, legal and illegal.  Ask the French about Americans and they will likely give you the same attitude, only worse....."french fry breath, big mac eatin" "put some Heinz™ Ketchup on my ass and lick it"....at least if you're living there and still complaining about having to learn French, the greatest language en tout le monde
Link Posted: 9/13/2004 12:36:18 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

GO Mr. Nugent!

OK.  Thanks for the reply.  I guess if you did actually read the entire thread and associated links then your just not understanding the nature of the discussion. Ted Nugents opinions on Immigration and Gun Control?Ownership directly reflect mine.  The words he chose do not.

Guess again, I fully crasp the nature of this ENTIRE discussion, but thanks for your concern.

It does not seem that way.  But I have tried with you and if you don't understand that it's not the idea of what Mr. Nugent said, it was using racist terms to put his idea forth that were wrong.
Link Posted: 9/13/2004 12:39:12 PM EDT
[#22]
Link Posted: 9/13/2004 12:42:24 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Again...

Hmm  I was never offended?  Where do you get that from?  Actually this thread is way off track.  If you cannot understand what has been put forth, just let the thread return to what it's about.  

You carried on like you were offended.  You say he said something that was racist.  When quoted, it's not racist at all.  Then you say it's not what he said, but the way he said it.  Again, I don't care how he said it, it's correct.  So, he lost his credibility over something he said that you claim to be racist, yet I'm of Mexican decent (one of many different  racial bloodlines) and I don't find it offensive at all.  Most Mexicans I know think people who refuse to speak English are the equivalent of ignorant hillbillies.

Link Posted: 9/13/2004 12:43:42 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

Quoted:
There is absolutely nothing "racist" about telling people that if they want to live in this wonderful country, they ought to learn to speak English.

AMEN BROTHER

Once again, the board troll proves true to his name.

Thanks Garandman for the name.  Above stament reflects my opinions as well.  please read entire thread before posting along with associated links.  It's the other things Mr. Nugent said.
Getting older and older guys.  
Link Posted: 9/13/2004 12:44:30 PM EDT
[#25]
Very funny, your telling everybody they don't understand your message. Maybe if we stop arguing with him, he'll go away.
Link Posted: 9/13/2004 12:45:38 PM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
Again...

You carried on like you were offended.  You say he said something that was racist.  When quoted, it's not racist at all.  Then you say it's not what he said, but the way he said it.  Again, I don't care how he said it, it's correct.  So, he lost his credibility over something he said that you claim to be racist, yet I'm of Mexican decent (one of many different  racial bloodlines) and I don't find it offensive at all.  Most Mexicans I know think people who refuse to speak English are the equivalent of ignorant hillbillies.

Christ, read the ENTIRE thread before you post.  What I mean by how he said it is using words like Nigger, and spick and the other words.  They are and were racist.  The idea put forth in the message was a good one.  I am not saying "by the way he said it" meaning some nebulous shit.  I mean the English words the man used.  
Ughhhh
Link Posted: 9/13/2004 12:47:30 PM EDT
[#27]
Link Posted: 9/13/2004 12:47:35 PM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:
Very funny, your telling everybody they don't understand your message[rotf2]. Maybe if we stop arguing with him, he'll go away.

It is a fact some people replying to this thread do not seem to be grasping that the idea put forth in Mr. Nugets message was correct the words and the sentances created by Mr. Nugent were wrong.

And yes, eventually I do go away.  If their not going to listen/learn you can only try so hard...
Link Posted: 9/13/2004 12:48:06 PM EDT
[#29]
First you hijacked this mans thread, now your going to get it locked
Link Posted: 9/13/2004 12:50:21 PM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
There is absolutely nothing "racist" about telling people that if they want to live in this wonderful country, they ought to learn to speak English.

AMEN BROTHER

Once again, the board troll proves true to his name.

Thanks Garandman for the name.  Above stament reflects my opinions as well.  please read entire thread before posting along with associated links.  It's the other things Mr. Nugent said.
Getting older and older guys.  

Oh you're right.  My bad.  I'll think like you from now on.

Not sure if this is sarcasm or not.  Let me just go ahead and say it again.  I agree with Mr. Nugents views on immigration, English use and gun control, hunting rights.  He came out onstage and tore intoa a cuss word racist drivel that did not put the message in a good light.  Other have tried to put forth the idea all he did was make a hater more of a hater...hello Mcfly.  I was at the show. I bought as ticket.  I am with Ted.  he just made a mistake plain and simple.
Link Posted: 9/13/2004 12:51:27 PM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:

Not trying to get it locked by any means.  A couple people have said they had no prior knowledge of the events in SA and Houston.  It's a good discussion if we can keep it more intelligent.
Link Posted: 9/13/2004 12:52:29 PM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:
Christ, read the ENTIRE thread before you post.  What I mean by how he said it is using words like Nigger, and spick and the other words.  They are and were racist.  The idea put forth in the message was a good one.  I am not saying "by the way he said it" meaning some nebulous shit.  I mean the English words the man used.  
Ughhhh

I did.  Nowhere in this thread or any of the links posted is he quoted as saying anything remotely resembling what you've said above while he was in San Antonio.  HOLY RUNON SENTENCE BATMAN!

And for the record, The Nuge rules.

Link Posted: 9/13/2004 12:53:40 PM EDT
[#33]
It's not ar50troll's message, it's the way he said it.  

If you can't speak or learn to speak English, get the hell out of America.  BTW, I'm not racist - I hate everybody equally.
Link Posted: 9/13/2004 12:54:13 PM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:
It's not ar50troll's message, it's the way he said it.  

Well at least it's humor...
Link Posted: 9/13/2004 12:57:23 PM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Not trying to get it locked by any means.  A couple people have said they had no prior knowledge of the events in SA and Houston.  It's a good discussion if we can keep it more intelligent.

For that to happen, you'd have to stop posting on the thread.
Link Posted: 9/13/2004 12:58:07 PM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

For that to happen, you'd have to stop posting on the thread.

More humor, that's good, but very, very predictable.
Link Posted: 9/13/2004 1:00:42 PM EDT
[#37]
Why don't you take a few of these and come back after they've had a chance to kick in, mmkay?

Link Posted: 9/13/2004 1:00:49 PM EDT
[#38]
ar50troll

Questions:

1. Were you offended by his statement?

2. Did his statement cause you to stop supporting him in his battle for a free nation?

3. Who was offended by his comment?

4. Were those who were offended previously supporting his political stances or were they merely music fans?

5. What evidence can you provide that this has negatively impacted Ted Nugent?

6. Has his message since that event weakened?

Link Posted: 9/13/2004 1:05:34 PM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:
ar50troll

Questions:

1. Were you offended by his statement?

No like I have said.  I agree with his ideas.  the use of racist terms wasn't the best idea.

2. Did his statement cause you to stop supporting him in his battle for a free nation?

No.  I contacted him about the VPC using his name in their META tags AFTER the show.  I support Teds ideas as much as b4.

3. Who was offended by his comment?

Offended, I dunno.  I wasn't speaking to offense.  I was speaking to the use of racist terms and credibility issues sitting on the NRA board.(Well at least till this turned into a pissing match)

4. Were those who were offended previously supporting his political stances or were they merely music fans?

See Answer 3

5. What evidence can you provide that this has negatively impacted Ted Nugent?
Well you can argue any press is good press.  An NRA board member using the words he used does not put forth a positive view.  Of course this is the Motor City Madman (Original MMM) so people expect some politico no correct fom him.  But in ANY debate with anti, they are going to bring the incident up.

6. Has his message since that event weakened?
I don't think so.  He got a show on the MTV networks.  perhaps more of that any press is good press.

Link Posted: 9/13/2004 1:05:36 PM EDT
[#40]

Quoted:
Ted's Racist outburst in San Antonio destroyed his credibility.  And I am the one who alerted him the the VPC was using his trademarked name in the META tags so don't tell me I'm Anti-Ted.  Jut telling it how it is.

Whats wrong with being racist? We arent allowed to hate people for what ever reason we choose?
Its a GOD given right (choice)
Link Posted: 9/13/2004 1:07:24 PM EDT
[#41]

Quoted:
Why don't you take a few of these and come back after they've had a chance to kick in, mmkay?

www.manekineko.us/catalog/images/product/Midol_Menstral_24tablets_enlarge.jpg

I take no drugs.  Not even over the counter meds.  This came up here a while back.  Asprin and such only mask the pain and not the cause in most cases.
If it's cancer or anything, sure it will be different.  I have taken no drugs or over the counter remedies in at least 15 years.  Use nothing at the Dentist either.  But I assume this just a sarcastic remark.
Link Posted: 9/13/2004 1:08:24 PM EDT
[#42]
Damn I was about to say something and then realized I agreed with 1776. Is this a bad day or what?
Link Posted: 9/13/2004 1:09:30 PM EDT
[#43]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Ted's Racist outburst in San Antonio destroyed his credibility.  And I am the one who alerted him the the VPC was using his trademarked name in the META tags so don't tell me I'm Anti-Ted.  Jut telling it how it is.

Whats wrong with being racist? We arent allowed to hate people for what ever reason we choose?
Its a GOD given right (choice)

Can't explain that one here without a lock for sure.  
Link Posted: 9/13/2004 1:09:41 PM EDT
[#44]

Quoted:
It made him more credible to me than ever.

MrClean, I knew there was a reason I liked you
Link Posted: 9/13/2004 1:11:05 PM EDT
[#45]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Well you know the saying about opinions...
Link Posted: 9/13/2004 1:11:24 PM EDT
[#46]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Thankya Sir

Link Posted: 9/13/2004 1:13:24 PM EDT
[#47]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

And you've certainly peppered yours throughout this thread.  Your response is lacking a point.

Link Posted: 9/13/2004 1:14:50 PM EDT
[#48]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

And you've certainly peppered yours throughout this thread.  Your response is lacking a point.

Wow I expected certain replies, but certainly not this one.  Shit I don't even know where to start.
Link Posted: 9/13/2004 1:16:43 PM EDT
[#49]

Quoted:

I don't even know where to start.

Don't bother.
Link Posted: 9/13/2004 1:17:24 PM EDT
[#50]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I don't even know where to start.

Don't bother.

OK.  
Page / 5
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top