dont come back

account locked

Fire mission over

Can anyone say....sacred cow ??
Link Posted: 9/12/2004 8:32:02 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
I have read through the posts on the previous thread, and most go like this:

“Boycott Bushmaster? Hell no! I love Bushmaster. They make great guns. I will buy two more tomorrow”.

Look, I like Bushmaster’s products too, but then again I liked S&W’s products – I boycotted S&W anyhow.

The fact of the matter is that Bushmaster caved in and paid out money to crime victims, thus establishing a precedent. This first drop of blood will get the trial lawyer sharks whipped up into a frenzy. Why? Because now they know that they CAN squeeze money out of gun manufacturers with bogus lawsuits.

It will be much more difficult now for us to pass a Gun Manufacturer Immunity law for the entire industry since the anti-gunners can point to this settlement of “proof” that they should be allowed to sue on behalf of the victims. They will parade those victims in front of the liberal media and say, “this poor person would not have been able to get compensation for his losses if we pass a Manufacturer’s Immunity Law”.  Thanks Bushmaster.

The payout of cash to the victims is a tacit admission that somehow manufacturers are guilty for crimes other people commit with their guns. It doesn’t matter if Bushmaster SAYS that it did nothing wrong because actions speak louder than words. If Bushmaster really believed that the Brady Bunch had no case in court, they should have waited it out until the case was dropped.

I don’t know if this case can be saved – I tried calling Bushmaster but they are off office hours. I suggest those of you who are interested do the same. 1 800 998 7928. If Bushmaster can withdraw from this agreement I think the firearms community would stand by them with financial support so that they can fight it out in court until the case is dismissed. Otherwise, I, for one, will boycott Bushmaster.

I know that Bushmaster probably did not think this through when they agreed to it, but it was most certainly a mistake. Bushmaster has been a great supporter of our cause in the past, but they screwed up this time.

Be loyal to The Cause, not the Company. Boycott Bushmaster.

IDIOT
Link Posted: 9/12/2004 8:35:18 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 9/12/2004 10:57:00 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
Bushmaster...what is that? Some type of Colt copy???

Colt...what is that?  Some type of ArmaLite copy????

That's right...and Eagle Arms, I mean Armalite, is to the original Armalite like the last failed rebirth of Indian was to the original Indian.

Did I say the current ArmaLite?  The fact is that the Colt AR15 is a copy of the original ArmaLite.  The current Colt company is no more the original Colt than the current ArmaLite is the original ArmaLite, so my point is still valid.

You Colt fanatics love to throw that out, but you don't have a  leg to stand on.
Link Posted: 9/12/2004 11:02:17 PM EDT
[#5]
NoExcuse = Colt Rep
Link Posted: 9/12/2004 11:06:46 PM EDT
[#6]
The crew at Bushmaster are as stand up as it GETS.  Quality product, sold by quality people.  And they did something to help someone out of this, even when they didn't have to.

Link Posted: 9/12/2004 11:24:12 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
>>Your a dumbass in the first degree..."

should be "You are a dumbass in the first degree"; illiterate buffoon.

And yes, I did read Bushmaster's online statement - that's where I got the information.

I have noticed that a few people actually agree that Bushmaster has set a dangerous precedent, but they had to very politely state it with "while I don't agree with a boycott..." lest they get fragged by all the emotional dolts that can only rebut a valid point with vulgarites.

Think about it. Your beloved Bushmaster gave money to people that didn't deserve it. Don't you think the Brady Bunch will come back?

No, because there was no court decision that Bushmaster was to pay money... There was no precedence set. THAT IS #1

2. It is a proactive business move. This stops ANY drawn out EXPENSIVE trials and appeals. Which in the end may cost the same if not MORE than what they paid out. These costs are already added with EVERY sale.

Just a case in point scenario. A manufacturer that makes cooking equipment out of stainless steel was being sued because a STORE SALESPERSON (NOT  the manufacturer) told the customer that Stainless Steel does not scratch. Well it did and the customer went apeshit. She goes and sues the manufacturer. (its not the manufacturer's fault right?)

At the 11th hour, the manufacturer decides that she will get a BRAND NEW RANGE! Why?

a. There is no court record of them ever getting sued so... No precedence set
b. Customer signed a declatation stating that she is aware stainless will scratch if not properly cared for.
c. Saved on court costs and lawyer fees.

Yes the manufacturer loses but on the grand scheme of things... they dont lose because a small percentage of EVERY sale is already incorporated in the sale price to allow for such incidents.

Understand?
Link Posted: 9/13/2004 5:00:33 AM EDT
[#8]
This ass was posting the same drool over at Packing.org www.packing.org/news/article.jsp/9818

"Boycott Bushmaster

Added by No excuses on Sunday, September 12, 2004 at 7:55 PM

Bushmaster may have avoided paying the Brady Bunch money, but the did establish a precedent for gun manufacturers to cough up money to crime victims. This first drop of blood will get the trail lawyer sharks whipped up into a frenzy. Why? Because now they know that they CAN squeeze money out of gun manufacturers with bogus lawsuits. Also, it will be much more difficult for us to pass a Gun Manufacturer Immunity law for the entire industry since the anti-gunners can point to this settlement of “proof” that they should be allowed to sue on behalf of the victims. They will parade those victims in front of the liberal media and say, “this poor person would not have been able to get compensation for his losses if we pass a manufacturer’s Immunity Law”. Thanks Bushmaster. Look, I like Bushmaster’s products, but then again I like S&W’s products – I boycotted S&W anyhow. I know that Bushmaster probably did not think this through when they agreed to it, but it was most certainly a mistake. Bushmaster has been a great supporter of our cause, but they screwed up this time. Be loyal to The Cause, not the Company. Boycott Bushmaster."

(maybe he works for a competitor? )
Link Posted: 9/13/2004 5:10:29 AM EDT
[#9]
Go read the letter on their website

They settled so they could get on with business and say they would rather give the money to the victims families rather than waste it on lawyers.  Personally, I think that is bs, but it was a business decision--spend untold millions on a court case or cut the losses and move on.  They did the right thing.  It is sad commentary about the status quo in America today, but not Bushmaster's fault.  Car companies get sued up the ass like this all the time.  
Link Posted: 9/13/2004 5:14:11 AM EDT
[#10]
I'm onboard.  To start my boycott, I'm gonna order a few hundred dollars of stuff from Bushmaster

Link Posted: 9/13/2004 5:19:20 AM EDT
[#11]
Well I'll be thinking of you when I go out with my Bushy varmit today and put a couple hundred rounds down range! Maybe one of thier .308s will find it's way into my safe. Oh and by the way ... ahhh, forget it.
Link Posted: 9/13/2004 5:26:20 AM EDT
[#12]
Damn, I have never seen anyone get booted faster than that.

Good work  C+L.

Some people have no idea what business is about.

Bushmaster.  I will be buying another one soon!

(It better come with a 20 rd mag this time!)

TXL
Link Posted: 9/13/2004 5:37:34 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
goodby troll

dont bash a board sponser with your first post

dont come back

account locked

Fire mission over

Thank you!  These "Boycott Bushmaster" posts are total trash.  This person was an asshat.
Link Posted: 9/13/2004 5:40:14 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
I have read through the posts on the previous thread, and most go like this:

“Boycott Bushmaster? Hell no! I love Bushmaster. They make great guns. I will buy two more tomorrow”.

Look, I like Bushmaster’s products too, but then again I liked S&W’s products – I boycotted S&W anyhow.

The fact of the matter is that Bushmaster caved in and paid out money to crime victims, thus establishing a precedent......

You aren't too bright, huh?

By "caving in", and paying a settlement, WITHOUT A JUDGEMENT, the is NO PRECEDENT.
Had Bushmaster fought the suit and LOST, there would be a PRECEDENT.
Think first, then post.
Link Posted: 9/13/2004 5:47:09 AM EDT
[#15]
While I disagree with NoExcuses (I disagree with the continued boycott of S&W also), I didn't see anything in his post that warranted a account lock.  I didn't realize that when a company becamea a site sponsor they suddenly became immune to criticism (including calls for a boycott.)  I also didn't realize that one needed to achieve a particular post count in order to be able to voice one's opinion.  If there was a specific violation of the CoC that I am not aware of, then I aplologize, but if NoExcuses was locked for the content of his post, I find that very disturbing.
Link Posted: 9/13/2004 6:01:15 AM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:
While I disagree with NoExcuses (I disagree with the continued boycott of S&W also), I didn't see anything in his post that warranted a account lock.  I didn't realize that when a company becamea a site sponsor they suddenly became immune to criticism (including calls for a boycott.)  I also didn't realize that one needed to achieve a particular post count in order to be able to voice one's opinion.  If there was a specific violation of the CoC that I am not aware of, then I aplologize, but if NoExcuses was locked for the content of his post, I find that very disturbing.

I would say he was banned because of rule #7

7.) Posting topics or discussions with the desire to do the site or community harm. More specifically creating topics meant to disrupt the site's day to day management, disrupt member's resources, or disrupt the ability for the site to function normally.

His first post here was to slam Bushmaster.  He was a came here to sir up shit.  Also someone mentioned he was on packing.org and posted the same thing.  If he was here to discuss other issues and contrubite to the site I would think he would not be banned.  He was a and is gone.  Good job C&L
Link Posted: 9/13/2004 6:15:17 AM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

I would say he was band because of rule #7

I looked at #7 also, but thought that it was a bit of a stretch.  If he was posting multiple topics about boycotting Bushmaster, that would be one thing.  But locked after a single topic?  I don't hang out at packing.org, so I don't know what he's been up to there.  Maybe the staff had advance notice of his acitvities there.
Link Posted: 9/13/2004 6:16:12 AM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:
goodby troll

dont bash a board sponser with your first post

dont come back

account locked

Fire mission over

A very fitting end. 1st post = last post. Adios dickhead.
Link Posted: 9/13/2004 6:37:13 AM EDT
[#19]
Me likely Bushmaster...

It was mah first gun...

/wipe tear

- BG

Link Posted: 9/13/2004 7:10:00 AM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I would say he was band because of rule #7

I looked at #7 also, but thought that it was a bit of a stretch.  If he was posting multiple topics about boycotting Bushmaster, that would be one thing.  But locked after a single topic?  I don't hang out at packing.org, so I don't know what he's been up to there.  Maybe the staff had advance notice of his acitvities there.

I know what you are saying, but his first post here on this site is to bash a site supporter smells like a troll to me.  Also the topic has been talked to death in other topics.  
Matt
Link Posted: 9/13/2004 7:25:36 AM EDT
[#21]
the funniest thing about this site is that most here CLAIM to love liberty, but ar15.com is probably one of the quickest at removing true dissenters from its ranks.

this site is the right wing version of DU.
Link Posted: 9/13/2004 7:31:20 AM EDT
[#22]
For all those people who think Bushmaster didn't cave on this deal and cause irreperable harm to the industry in the process, John Kerry has a few stories he'd love to tell you about his 4 months in Vietnam and his three purple hearts. You should love those stories just as well.

For that matter, the Fed's have some really cool stories they'd like to tell you about some of their more famous escapades like Waco, and Ruby Ridge. If you beleive what everyone tells you with their rosie-red picture of things, you'll really get to see the heroics of our so excellently managed and controled federal agencies like the FBI and ATF.

If you beleive Bushmaster's SPIN on their cave, then stop watching TV or you'll be voting for Kerry/Edwards in November!

They have given us their explanation. NOW they owe us all an apology.
Link Posted: 9/13/2004 7:32:06 AM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:
the funniest thing about this site is that most here CLAIM to love liberty, but ar15.com is probably one of the quickest at removing true dissenters from its ranks.

this site is the right wing version of DU.

I don't think this guy was a dissenter, his first post was a specious attack on a sponsor.  And not just a specious attack, but one that is being repeated on all the gun boards ad nauseum.

Also, I love liberty.  I especially love the liberty of buying firearms.  Companies like Bushmaster are indispensible to this liberty.

Bushmasters sponsorship of this site is clearly stated at the top of the page.  If you want to attack them, fine, but they shouldn't be expected to pay for it.
Link Posted: 9/13/2004 7:40:38 AM EDT
[#24]

No, because there was no court decision that Bushmaster was to pay money... There was no precedence set. THAT IS #1

But what about the court of public opinion? You guys know thw real world. you know the news media. Every report that has been on the news is talking about how this will "change for ever" the way trial layers deal with these cases.

"For the first time, we have a manufacturer actually assuming some responsability for their part in the death of a shooting victim"

That's from the mouth of their lawyer, just minutes after the suit was "settled" without Bushmaster taking any responsability.

Someone also asked (paraphrasing...), "Would you rather have Bushmaster go out of business and not settle?"

The answer is YES!! It's done every day all over corporate America. You file for Bankruptcy, and you open shop the next day under a new name. Here's some examples of companies that have done just this:

COLT
SPRINGFIELD ARMORY
SMITH & WESSON

just to name a few, but hey, these companies are just small time anyway, so maybe I'm just shortsighted. Either that or the folks that run Bushmaster have less brains in their skull then their attorneys...

Link Posted: 9/13/2004 7:44:49 AM EDT
[#25]
Link Posted: 9/13/2004 7:45:08 AM EDT
[#26]
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Top Top