Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/3/2001 6:25:44 AM EDT
The five kids in Idaho finally gave in to the police after a stand off. Their mother was alledgedly arrested for "child neglect". The kids holed up on the family property and kept LE officials at bay with dogs and weapons for several days. I don't know, but these do not sound like kids that were neglected. SHTF for them and they reacted as they should have I'm thinking. Their parents should be proud of them for making their stand. Any thoughts on this out there?
Link Posted: 6/3/2001 6:53:36 AM EDT
[#1]
I think they did the right thing too. If for no other reason than they got the spotlight of national attention on their case, and will be less likely to be abused by a corrupt child protective services agency. I bet they get more than a few conservative families volunteering to take them all in. I know I would, in a heart beat.

And I bet they scare the crap out of most liberals, so chances are, they will end up in a conservative home. [:)]
Link Posted: 6/3/2001 7:58:28 AM EDT
[#2]
in there position i would have done nothing diferent.

they are another attempt at a ruby ridge.

i feel for them.
Link Posted: 6/3/2001 8:06:36 AM EDT
[#3]
The tragedy here is that these parents taught their kids well and are going to have the kids taken away for doing it.
Link Posted: 6/3/2001 8:10:25 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 6/3/2001 8:11:01 AM EDT
[#5]
Note to former Atty. Generalissimo Janet 'The Torch' Reno: [b]THIS[/b] is how you deal with children in a difficult tactical situation - you wait them out!

Thank the Lord that the Idaho Sheriff had the good sense to avoid agressive measures against the children!  Thank Him also that the FBI's Hostage Rescue Team was not in the neighborhood!

Eric The Hun[>]:)]
Link Posted: 6/3/2001 8:12:57 AM EDT
[#6]
Apparently there is more to this than we have previously been told. I got this from CNN.com just a bit ago...

[b]Steele said he had been representing Mrs. McGuckin on civil issues, pending the criminal charge against her. He claimed the county seized her property for $8,000 in back taxes and then sold it for approximately $50,000.[/b]

Hmmmmm.

G2
Link Posted: 6/3/2001 8:13:11 AM EDT
[#7]
What the hell were these kids thinking anyway??? Did they think the cops would just going to go away??
Link Posted: 6/3/2001 12:19:21 PM EDT
[#8]
Guys - this is an excellent example of local police and their methods versus the Fed's.

Your local police are your neighbors and cousins and of you let them you friends.
They have to live with you.

The Feds - that is a different proposition.
Link Posted: 6/3/2001 1:10:13 PM EDT
[#9]
I think the local police would have done a dynamic entry up until the mere rumor of US Code, Title 10, Chapter 13, section 311 members
arriving on location changed their minds.
Link Posted: 6/3/2001 1:52:36 PM EDT
[#10]
and how many of you people thought it was going to end in bloodshed by fault of the LEO's?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top