Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 30
Link Posted: 5/26/2024 10:11:43 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Nick_Adams] [#1]
At the end of the day and a 17-page GD thread, .... it's still a good shoot until, maybe, the sheriff's dept or D.A. says it's not.

Then we'll see where it goes.
Link Posted: 5/26/2024 10:13:27 PM EDT
[Last Edit: ApacheScout] [#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Windustsearch:
snip

Go test your "theory" and aim a gun at some subs demanding IDs.  You got nothing to lose, right?
View Quote
Lol, someone did. The "sub-contractor" is dead.
Link Posted: 5/26/2024 10:15:36 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Windustsearch] [#3]
Originally Posted By ApacheScout:
View Quote
Still pretending you know what happened?  Not surprised.

Go for it.  You're in the clear, right Gummer?
Link Posted: 5/26/2024 10:18:49 PM EDT
[#4]
Socom guy could have been high on peyote for all we know.
Link Posted: 5/26/2024 10:20:00 PM EDT
[#5]
Originally Posted By UV18:

Blending in is key. Having done enough penetration testing, looking the part and acting like you know what you are doing will get you overlooked in most places.

If this was some super secret op, the dude wouldn't work for a company. He wouldn't go out without playing a part.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By tsonda4570:
I will say this much as a railroad contractor here in the states, steel toes, vest, glasses and hard hat makes a lot of folks assume you should be where you are.

Blending in is key. Having done enough penetration testing, looking the part and acting like you know what you are doing will get you overlooked in most places.

If this was some super secret op, the dude wouldn't work for a company. He wouldn't go out without playing a part.

I very much doubt the investigating department released that picture to them.
Link Posted: 5/26/2024 10:20:23 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Missilegeek] [#6]
Again, I already posted numerous times they get ignored.  You can actually read the thread and count the number of times it's been posted.

I have been doing this for decades, I KNOW how it works, you have not and do not.  Maybe you should just stop trying to bullshit everyone.  Bullshit stops working when there is someone around that actually knows better.

Go test your "theory" and aim a gun at some subs demanding IDs.  You got nothing to lose, right?
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Missilegeek:

Notifications never fail. Especially for rural people, who make it a point to be hard to get in touch with. Also administrative people never cut corners or make mistakes.

You got me there.

The diatribe is how it actually works. It's most likely why this thread exists and is interesting. Unlike everything you have posted so far, which is mostly irrelevant or just a waste of data.
Again, I already posted numerous times they get ignored.  You can actually read the thread and count the number of times it's been posted.

I have been doing this for decades, I KNOW how it works, you have not and do not.  Maybe you should just stop trying to bullshit everyone.  Bullshit stops working when there is someone around that actually knows better.

Been there and done it. And again, frankly it's embarrassing that you have no idea what you are talking about.

I'm sorry you don't comprehend what trespassing is and how it works. If you don't have proof of official notification (legal service) then no court will recognize it as such and the landowner has every right to treat it as trespassing. The whole "well we called such and such number or we mailed a notice" in most cases does not pass as official legal notification. Mail gets lost.

The North Carolina law here is relevant in this case. As is the location of where the shooting started and the property lines, which I haven't seen clearly posted here? It may have been lost in the rampant stupidity posts. It's worth noting that the utility company press release said nothing about notification of property owner of ROW access. Given what else is in that press release, if they had performed proper notification in advance, I would have expected them to include it in the release.

§ 14‑159.13. Second degree trespass.
(a) Offense. – A person commits the offense of second degree trespass if, without
authorization, the person enters or remains on any of the following:
(1) On premises of another after the person has been notified not to enter or remain
there by the owner, by a person in charge of the premises, by a lawful occupant,
or by another authorized person.
(2) On premises that are posted, in a manner reasonably likely to come to the
attention of intruders, with notice not to enter the premises.
(3) On the curtilage of a dwelling of another between the hours of midnight and
6:00 A.M.

Link Posted: 5/26/2024 10:20:51 PM EDT
[#7]
Originally Posted By Nick_Adams:
At the end of the day and a 17-page GD thread, .... it's still a good shoot until, maybe, the sheriff's dept or D.A. says it's not.

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Nick_Adams:

Buy the ticket, take the ride...and if it occasionally gets a little heavier than what you had in mind, well...maybe chalk it up to forced consciousness expansion: Tune in, freak out, get beaten.

Link Posted: 5/26/2024 10:21:13 PM EDT
[#8]

View All Quotes

Are you denying the "sub-contractor" is dead?

Link Posted: 5/26/2024 10:21:16 PM EDT
[#9]
Need to edit this thread title and start a new thread for actual updates.
Link Posted: 5/26/2024 10:28:31 PM EDT
[#10]
Originally Posted By Missilegeek:

Been there and done it. And again, frankly it's embarrassing that you have no idea what you are talking about.

I'm sorry you don't comprehend what trespassing is and how it works. If you don't have proof of official notification (legal service) then no court will recognize it as such and the landowner has every right to treat it as trespassing. The whole "well we called such and such number or we mailed a notice" in most cases does not pass as official legal notification. Mail gets lost.

The North Carolina law here is relevant in this case. As is the location of where the shooting started and the property lines, which I haven't seen clearly posted here? It may have been lost in the rampant stupidity posts.

View Quote
I know exactly what trespassing is, I don't trespass.  They notify for a reason.  Now look up brandishing and assault, then go find some subs and aim your gun at them and demand IDs.  Do some biting instead of bullshitting.  Hell, I go out and do this stuff all the time, you've never even seen any of it in action.  Yet here you are, blah blah blah.
Link Posted: 5/26/2024 10:30:43 PM EDT
[#11]

View Quote
Do we know for sure it was an actual sub-contractor now?  Last I heard the companies weren't talking.

We also don't know who brought the gun.

I like my made up scenarios better, yours are dumb and boring.
Link Posted: 5/26/2024 10:34:13 PM EDT
[#12]
Do we know for sure it was an actual sub-contractor now?  Last I heard the companies weren't talking.

View All Quotes

If I see you marking the utilities on the street, I'll honk and wave.
Link Posted: 5/26/2024 10:39:24 PM EDT
[#13]

View Quote

It fits right in with you pretending that you know notification was given.
Link Posted: 5/26/2024 10:40:30 PM EDT
[#14]
True. How do we know the cop that pulls you over is a cop? It could be a Mission Impossible operation.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By TaskForce:

A rapist could easily make fake name tags. Could even make a fake company uniform or steal one or still have one from a company they were fired from. Also a legit employee could want to rape you. Scary stuff.
True. How do we know the cop that pulls you over is a cop? It could be a Mission Impossible operation.

People impersonate the police for a variety of reasons, some much worse than others.  

I have added two people to my ignore list in this thread. I just wish others would add on of them in particular to their list or at least quit quoting him.
Link Posted: 5/26/2024 10:45:04 PM EDT
[#15]
If you were informed they were going to be there, why did you go bother them?  Because normal people don't.

View Quote

You don't KNOW until you ask. It was a week later and they could have been anybody.

Everything you post in this thread seems to indicate a total disrespect of people's property rights. Easement access may be authorized but the landowner has the right to be there and know who is on his property.
Link Posted: 5/26/2024 10:45:19 PM EDT
[#16]
Originally Posted By SuperX925:

You haven’t shown any symptoms of common sense.

Based on the relevant facts we know, the contractor was legally on a right of way taking pictures of said right of way.

Everything after that is complete conjecture.
View Quote

With either a good flash or night vision because it was reported to have happened at 8:30 pm
Link Posted: 5/26/2024 10:45:38 PM EDT
[#17]

You are missing the easement part. As part of a utility contractor likely doing work there, he would have a lawful right to access the easement.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By 18B30:
Time to get this thread on back on track.

Unknown person enters onto property not his w/o invitation or lawful right to do so.

Unsup becomes physically aggressive towards property owner.

Unsup get killed by armed home owner who fears for his life due to size, age, implied and stated intent to injure home owner.

Good shoot.

You are missing the easement part. As part of a utility contractor likely doing work there, he would have a lawful right to access the easement.

If he was actually doing work for the utility at that time and location.  I have not seen anything were this was confirmed by the investigating department. I am sure they know one way or the other but have not said anything.  They also know what was on the camera.
Link Posted: 5/26/2024 10:46:26 PM EDT
[#18]
Originally Posted By BeaOProblem:
The utility company released this statement. If it's true that no law enforcement agency has attempted to contact the company, that's odd.
https://i.postimg.cc/3x39G1hT/445550843-971701301629735-5824240448923590406-n.jpg
View Quote

Link Posted: 5/26/2024 10:46:52 PM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 5/26/2024 10:56:08 PM EDT
[#20]
Why would they? None of them are looking to appease your drama or whatever issue you seem to have.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Gspointer:

If the public doesn't, what kind of jacked up company is too cheap to print out clip on ID's and a work order on letterhead.
Why would they? None of them are looking to appease your drama or whatever issue you seem to have.

MY power company encourages us to call if someone doesn't have ID.

Alliant Energy employees typically drive a white vehicle with the Alliant Energy logo displayed on both sides.

Call us at 1-800-ALLIANT (800-255-4268) if you have questions about the identity of anyone representing Alliant Energy.

https://www.alliantenergy.com/communitysupportandsafety/safety/howtospotascam
Link Posted: 5/26/2024 11:00:16 PM EDT
[Last Edit: rktman26] [#21]
Originally Posted By 6SJ7GT:

View All Quotes

If the public doesn't, what kind of jacked up company is too cheap to print out clip on ID's and a work order on letterhead.

Alliant Energy employees typically drive a white vehicle with the Alliant Energy logo displayed on both sides.

Call us at 1-800-ALLIANT (800-255-4268) if you have questions about the identity of anyone representing Alliant Energy.

Duke Energy has the following on their website.  I would think it'd be foolish for a utility company to not have a similar notice.  

"Occasionally, Duke Energy may send employees or authorized contractors to your home to perform meter work or some other service. Please remember the following safety tips to protect yourself and your family.

-If you ever question whether the person is a legitimate representative of Duke Energy, contact us to verify their identity and reason for the visit.
-Always ask for identification. Employees of Duke Energy Progress and Duke Energy Florida may have identification associated with their respective utilities.
-In some instances, representatives from private companies may be working in your area on behalf of Duke Energy. If they do not have an official identification card, ask for their name and the reason for their visit, and then contact Duke Energy to verify the information.
-Do not let anyone into your home unless you have verified their identity, or you have scheduled the visit through Duke Energy in advance.
-Call police immediately if you believe the person is an imposter. "

Link Posted: 5/26/2024 11:02:48 PM EDT
[#22]

You don't KNOW until you ask. It was a week later and they could have been anybody.

Everything you post in this thread seems to indicate a total disrespect of people's property rights. Easement access may be authorized but the landowner has the right to be there and know who is on his property.
View Quote
First, how are you going to know either way?  You're not.

I have posted disrespect to idiots in the thread.  Not people's property rights, not at all.  The landowner can be there all they want, as long as they aren't causing problems.  In my experience they are actually sane and just ignore us.  Except one time we had to probe down a parking strip in Hoquiam WA, whole street full of disability crazies.  That one was a doozy, though they mostly went after each other and the mailman.
Link Posted: 5/26/2024 11:05:06 PM EDT
[#23]
Originally Posted By Logcutter:

It fits right in with you pretending that you know notification was given.
View Quote
They tell us before we go out.  We don't pretend.

If you mean this Chechen scenario, I've already told you at least two or three times we have no way of knowing about notifications in that case.
Link Posted: 5/26/2024 11:06:11 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Windustsearch] [#24]
If I see you marking the utilities on the street, I'll honk and wave.
View Quote
Well, I don't really do that, locators do it before I get there.
Link Posted: 5/26/2024 11:07:33 PM EDT
[#25]
One thing you left out that I have posted over and over that renders your whole wall of nonsense and made up stuff irrelevant.  They are notified.  How many time does it have to get posted before it sinks in and sticks to the smooth?

Go out and find some sub-contractors at work and aim a gun at them demanding to see ID.  Post the results.
View Quote

If I get a notification that someone is going to be working on ROW on my property I would expect those working to have some readily producible identification. The utility companies require it because of the numerous scams on utility customers. Because someone is on the property in the notification period doesn't mean they are the one working for the utility (or SUB).
Link Posted: 5/26/2024 11:09:02 PM EDT
[#26]

If you mean this Chechen scenario, I've already told you at least two or three times we have no way of knowing about notifications in that case.
View Quote

You know people in this thread probably are wanting to discuss "this Chechen scenario". Yet for some reason you seem to think this thread is about you. I suppose that must be a common trait for all you god tier sub contractors.
Link Posted: 5/26/2024 11:09:31 PM EDT
[#27]
Originally Posted By rktman26:

Duke Energy has the following on their website.  I would think it'd be foolish for a utility company to not have a similar notice.  

"Occasionally, Duke Energy may send employees or authorized contractors to your home to perform meter work or some other service. Please remember the following safety tips to protect yourself and your family.

-If you ever question whether the person is a legitimate representative of Duke Energy, contact us to verify their identity and reason for the visit.
-Always ask for identification. Employees of Duke Energy Progress and Duke Energy Florida may have identification associated with their respective utilities.
-In some instances, representatives from private companies may be working in your area on behalf of Duke Energy. If they do not have an official identification card, ask for their name and the reason for their visit, and then contact Duke Energy to verify the information.
-Do not let anyone into your home unless you have verified their identity, or you have scheduled the visit through Duke Energy in advance.

View Quote
Already stated over and over.  If you got drama, call the UT or the Sheriff.
Link Posted: 5/26/2024 11:12:39 PM EDT
[#28]

If I get a notification that someone is going to be working on ROW on my property I would expect those working to have some readily producible identification. The utility companies require it because of the numerous scams on utility customers. Because someone is on the property in the notification period doesn't mean they are the one working for the utility (or SUB).
View Quote
None I have worked for require anything like that, at least not yet.  Some of us have our company business cards, but not all.
Link Posted: 5/26/2024 11:14:46 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Windustsearch] [#29]
Originally Posted By billygoat69:

You know people in this thread probably are wanting to discuss "this Chechen scenario". Yet for some reason you seem to think this thread is about you. I suppose that must be a common trait for all you god tier sub contractors.
View Quote
Because you guys keep coming up with stuff about subs in general and how you think they should dress and behave.  You can read back through the thread to see it all, it's lousy with it.

Your post is also not about the Chechen drama.
Link Posted: 5/26/2024 11:16:46 PM EDT
[#30]
Originally Posted By not_sure:

If he was actually doing work for the utility at that time and location.  I have not seen anything were this was confirmed by the investigating department. I am sure they know one way or the other but have not said anything.  They also know what was on the camera.
View Quote

The company posted the info and the last picture taken. Confirmed by an investigating agency? I would say their desire to hold it close is either allegiance to the mil OR it is because they are likely to go criminal.
Link Posted: 5/26/2024 11:18:23 PM EDT
[#31]

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By 18B30:
Time to get this thread on back on track.

Unknown person enters onto property not his w/o invitation or lawful right to do so.

Unsup becomes physically aggressive towards property owner.

Unsup get killed by armed home owner who fears for his life due to size, age, implied and stated intent to injure home owner.

Good shoot.

For what it’s worth, the company he works for posted the last photo the utility worker took, which was the pole number in the shooters yard. It wasn’t dark BTW like many in this thread are asserting.
Link Posted: 5/26/2024 11:38:07 PM EDT
[#32]
Originally Posted By whiskerz:

With either a good flash or night vision because it was reported to have happened at 8:30 pm
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By whiskerz:

You haven’t shown any symptoms of common sense.

Based on the relevant facts we know, the contractor was legally on a right of way taking pictures of said right of way.

Everything after that is complete conjecture.

Moore county NC is Eastern time zone.

The Moore county Sheriff’s department was dispatched at 8:15pm local time. That would have been before sunset on May 3, 2024.

Do you want to reconsider?
Link Posted: 5/26/2024 11:51:58 PM EDT
[#33]
Well, the "contractor" is really dead. You acknowledge that, right? He could have been in the right, but hes still dead. He didn't have to be. From what I've read, if he had an ID or maybe not been a jerk, he might not be dead.
Just because something hasn't happened to you doesn't mean it never happens.
View Quote

Counterpoint, he was Chechen.

In my life I've never quite gotten to the point where the only good X is a dead X, where X is an ethnicity. Sure it's obviously true where X is a communist, but communist isn't an ethnicity.

If there's any ethnicity for which that statement is true across the board though, it's probably Chechens.
Link Posted: 5/27/2024 12:00:18 AM EDT
[#34]

The Moore county Sheriff’s department was dispatched at 8:15pm local time. That would have been before sunset on May 3, 2024.

View Quote

Sunset was 8:03 May 3 2024

SUNSET
Link Posted: 5/27/2024 12:03:06 AM EDT
[#35]

View All Quotes

I don't see anything similar on the utilities one website. I looked at a few of the companies and utilities involved with installing fiber in that area. They don't say much about interacting with the public.

These projects seem to be a part of the Biden plan to subsidize internet into the countryside. It all looks like the clusterfuck that you get when the government starts blindly throwing money around. The perfect situation for jihadi espionage or a dipshit sub contractor who kinda acts like one. My guess is that it's the second.
Link Posted: 5/27/2024 12:06:15 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Breacher_Teacher] [#36]

View Quote

Sunset was at 2003hrs. On 3 May 2024 in that area.

Nautical twilight would have been about an hour later.
Link Posted: 5/27/2024 12:12:34 AM EDT
[#37]

View Quote

Sunset was 8:05pm on the 3rd.

Landowner asks you questions at gunpoint, comply. LEO stops you, comply. Let the courts figure it out, or you can just die. It's that simple.
Link Posted: 5/27/2024 12:13:09 AM EDT
[#38]
Originally Posted By Breacher_Teacher:

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Breacher_Teacher:

The post was in reference to the picture posted by the UT company. If the SO was dispatched at 8:15pm the picture would have been taken well before then. So before sunset.

Link Posted: 5/27/2024 12:15:55 AM EDT
[#39]

The post was in reference to the picture posted by the UT company. If the SO was dispatched at 8:15pm the picture would have been taken well before then. So before sunset.

View Quote

Picture attached to the utility company press release has the text coming in at 8:07pm. Which would match up with the timeline.
Link Posted: 5/27/2024 12:18:25 AM EDT
[#40]
Originally Posted By eagarminuteman:

Picture attached to the utility company press release has the text coming in at 8:07pm. Which would match up with the timeline.
View All Quotes

So no need for a really good flash or night vision, right?
Link Posted: 5/27/2024 12:19:13 AM EDT
[#41]

View Quote

EXIF data on the pic would show the time it was taken. Also ISO and exposure time that would allow an investigator to approximate the lighting at the time of the pic. also has the location (pole ID and possibly GPS data).
Link Posted: 5/27/2024 12:20:26 AM EDT
[#42]

View Quote

Based off the picture, there would be no need.
Link Posted: 5/27/2024 12:21:28 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Advance] [#43]

Special Forces Colonel Targeted at HIS HOUSE from Foreign ASSETS?!
Link Posted: 5/27/2024 12:22:31 AM EDT
[#44]

View All Quotes

Thank you.

Link Posted: 5/27/2024 12:30:07 AM EDT
[#45]

View Quote

How did UT company get the pic, according to them they have not been in contact with any LE.

Im sure SO has the camera in evdience, did homie upload the pic as he was bleading out like a dedicated subcontractor.

Most likely a pic they had on file and only reason they used it was to fuck with the shooter and give away his location.
Link Posted: 5/27/2024 12:43:41 AM EDT
[#46]
With that "so called sub contractor" shitting and trolling all over this thread, we need to start a clean thread.

The message is so muddied it is useless following this thread.
Link Posted: 5/27/2024 12:44:11 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Echd] [#47]
Originally Posted By CDBE7:

How did UT company get the pic, according to them they have not been in contact with any LE.

Im sure SO has the camera in evdience, did homie upload the pic as he was bleading out like a dedicated subcontractor.

Most likely a pic they had on file and only reason they used it was to fuck with the shooter and give away his location.
View Quote

Or it's just an (internally used) app that automatically uploads as they go.
Link Posted: 5/27/2024 12:46:43 AM EDT
[#48]
Originally Posted By Echd:

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Echd:
Originally Posted By CDBE7:

Looked like a text message. Underneath it had the pole number in case the recipient couldn’t make out the lettering in the picture.
Link Posted: 5/27/2024 12:51:24 AM EDT
[#49]
Originally Posted By Kunta_Kinte:

With that "so called sub contractor" shitting and trolling all over this thread, we need to start a clean thread.

View Quote
Sucks when facts get in the way, doesn't it?
Link Posted: 5/27/2024 12:58:34 AM EDT
[#50]
Originally Posted By Kunta_Kinte:

View Quote

Start your own thread and you can fill it with worthless speculation and talking out your ass, since that's what everyone responding to him is doing.
Page / 30
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top