BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 30
Link Posted: 5/26/2024 5:09:31 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By BeaOProblem:
The utility company released this statement. If it's true that no law enforcement agency has attempted to contact the company, that's odd.
https://i.postimg.cc/3x39G1hT/445550843-971701301629735-5824240448923590406-n.jpg
View Quote

That’s interesting. So the deceased is an asylee from Russia due to the war. That’s pretty fast to get a job. That company probably employs a lot of asylees. I wonder if that company, or any of its subsidiaries, gets government contracts.
Link Posted: 5/26/2024 5:20:09 PM EDT
[#2]
Originally Posted By Windustsearch:
You should have proned the tree trimmers in the ditch at gun point until they could ID themselves with all of the contract paperwork that is sitting on a desk somewhere.
View Quote

There’s an easement on my property. If you are on the easement and I don’t know you are going to be there, you will show an ID or correspondence from the company, or you can leave or wait for the sheriff.
Link Posted: 5/26/2024 5:24:21 PM EDT
[#3]
Originally Posted By Gspointer:

There's an easement on my property. If you are on the easement and I don't know you are going to be there, you will show an ID or correspondence from the company, or you can leave or wait for the sheriff.
View Quote
They send a letter first.  Nobody ever "carded" us or called the police.  That's just arfcom fantasy land.
Link Posted: 5/26/2024 5:24:58 PM EDT
[#4]
You should have proned the tree trimmers in the ditch at gun point until they could ID themselves with all of the contract paperwork that is sitting on a desk somewhere.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By TXBBQGuy:

Ya, all the ones I see around here have signs saying "contractor for (insert utility here)" with what appears to be the "official" logo of the utility.

The only exception I've seen to that is the tree trimmers for power, but they've always been in marked company trucks

Why, they were in marked trucks with safety yellow or orange shirts on with the company name, not wandering around in plain clothes and vehicles
Link Posted: 5/26/2024 5:26:00 PM EDT
[#5]

Why, they were in marked trucks with safety yellow or orange shirts on with the company name, not wandering around in plain clothes and vehicles
View Quote
Doesn't make a difference either way.
Link Posted: 5/26/2024 5:33:51 PM EDT
[#6]
They send a letter first.  Nobody ever "carded" us or called the police.  That's just arfcom fantasy land.
View Quote

You're still too obtuse to realize that if these guys were out at sunset, which you say you don't do, that maybe there's other things that they were/were not doing that are different than what you do.  

Like, maybe they didn't send a letter.
Link Posted: 5/26/2024 5:38:47 PM EDT
[#7]
View All Quotes

When they have to go through your yard/property to get to their work it absolutely does. No sane person, with a family especially, is just letting Joe shit the ragman go wandering through his backyard
Link Posted: 5/26/2024 5:47:59 PM EDT
[#8]
Originally Posted By Logcutter:

You're still too obtuse to realize that if these guys were out at sunset, which you say you don't do, that maybe there's other things that they were/were not doing that are different than what you do.  

View Quote
No, I never posted anything about them except I have no idea what went on there and neither does anyone else posting here.  You don't know whether they sent a letter or not.  You have no idea whether they were sub-contractors that were supposed to be there or not.  Nobody knows whether the shooter was a lunatic or not (though some of the posters are at least half way there themselves).

Half of you already have Colomboed up the "true events" basis for three heroic action packed movies, a mini series, and a made for TV movie out of absolutely no real information at all.  A bunch even know for sure that the Chechen was here illegally.

Most of you are dead certain that there is some law (mostly in the east I guess?) that a sub-contractor has to dress the way you want, and if there isn't a law, there ought to be.  
Link Posted: 5/26/2024 5:49:17 PM EDT
[#9]

So you’re saying, unless it’s a public easement, he should have identification to show the owner that he can be on the easement
View Quote

Not necessarily. It would be an area of dispute, but it is a permanent utility easement. There is no option for revocation or anything else. The utility has a right to the land.

Link Posted: 5/26/2024 5:51:56 PM EDT
[#10]
No, I never posted anything about them except I have no idea what went on there and neither does anyone else posting here.  You don't know whether they sent a letter or not.  You have no idea whether they were sub-contractors that were supposed to be there or not.  Nobody knows whether the shooter was a lunatic or not (though some of the posters are at least half way there themselves).

Half of you already have Colomboed up the "true events" basis for three heroic action packed movies, a mini series, and a made for TV movie out of absolutely no real information at all.  A bunch even know for sure that the Chechen was here illegally.

Most of you are dead certain that there is some law (mostly in the east I guess?) that a sub-contractor has to dress the way you want, and if there isn't a law, there ought to be.  
View All Quotes

Just because you can, doesn't mean you should. This falls under the Play Stupid Games and Win Stupid Prizes chapter of being not-dead.
Link Posted: 5/26/2024 5:58:05 PM EDT
[#11]
View Quote
Thing is you speak English and don't come on property at sunset.

And you are not a Russian guy.

Honestly your are not the same as the dead Russian guy.
Link Posted: 5/26/2024 5:58:22 PM EDT
[#12]
15 pages and still no answers. Plot twist, what if the guy was there investigating the soldier and either FBI or more likely an informant? Would explain the need for the feds to be involved so quickly and all the unanswered questions.
Link Posted: 5/26/2024 6:02:45 PM EDT
[#13]
Originally Posted By rbb2:

1. That's a very aggressive press release.
2. Tinfoil hat time: No LE contact because the company is into some shady shit and the Feds et al. are doing their own looking?
3. Nice second post. Welcome, fellow firearms enthusiast.
View Quote

indeed.
Link Posted: 5/26/2024 6:06:59 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Windustsearch] [#14]
Originally Posted By FreefallRet:
Thing is you speak English and don't come on property at sunset.

And you are not a Russian guy.

Honestly your are not the same as the dead Russian guy.
View Quote
The only ones I can think of that would be there at night in a non-emergency would be biologists, which it doesn't look like they were.  But I don't really know all the kinds of sub-contractors or what hours the "pole surveyors" keep.  Not really familiar with that job.

The only time we work at night is monitoring on active construction sites that run 24 hrs a day or on shoreline sites due to timing with tides.

Run of the mill surveying through yards, we keep it to normal business hours even though we are pretty quiet.  You don't want to be bugging people while they are eating dinner or something.
Link Posted: 5/26/2024 6:08:28 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Windustsearch] [#15]
Originally Posted By crownvic96:
Just because you can, doesn't mean you should. This falls under the Play Stupid Games and Win Stupid Prizes chapter of being not-dead.
View Quote
"Sounds like sub-contractors actually out doing some work...."

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 5/26/2024 6:23:52 PM EDT
[#16]
Typical sub-contractor crew at work.  No uniforms, IDs, Vests, Logos.  Vehicles were an old boat with no logo and an unmarked rental truck.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/70693/IMG_1764_JPG-3223761.JPG
View Quote

Oh yeah, you show up like that here without notice and you'll be met by a polite, visibly armed person who is very interested to know what you're doing on posted land.

We had a fence crew for an adjacent ranch show up the other day. It went as I described above, and they went about their business after we determined who they were. Very importantly, their employer informed us they'd be working in the area a week or two beforehand.

A different outfit working for a multinational didn't do that. All their stakes got pulled up and used for fencing by a couple of ranch kids.
Link Posted: 5/26/2024 6:28:08 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Windustsearch] [#17]
Originally Posted By sabocat:

Oh yeah, you show up like that here without notice and you'll be met by a polite, visibly armed person who is very interested to know what you're doing on posted land.

We had a fence crew for an adjacent ranch show up the other day. It went as I described above, and they went about their business after we determined who they were. Very importantly, their employer informed us they'd be working in the area a week or two beforehand.

A different outfit working for a multinational didn't do that. All their stakes got pulled up and used for fencing by a couple of ranch kids.
View Quote
If you were informed they were going to be there, why did you go bother them?  Because normal people don't.

Link Posted: 5/26/2024 6:35:41 PM EDT
[#18]

View Quote

And you're ignoring everything and fixating on "YOU DON'T NEED A UNIFORM OR ID!!!!"

Link Posted: 5/26/2024 6:43:34 PM EDT
[#19]

And you're ignoring everything and fixating on "YOU DON'T NEED A UNIFORM OR ID!!!!"

View Quote
Contrary to what many here think, you don't, and lots of subs are out there all the time working without your idea of what they should be wearing.  That was my original post before all of the know nothings freaked out about it.

You want me to join in dreaming up stupid shit about this particular scenario?  No thanks, I'll leave that up to you guys.
Link Posted: 5/26/2024 6:44:03 PM EDT
[#20]
If you were informed they were going to be there, why did you go bother them?  Because normal people don't.
View Quote

Because they were waiting in their truck at the signs at the property line, we've had serious issues with trespassers/copper thieves, their truck wasn't marked, and they wanted to know the best route to get to a particular area. This area is about 15 miles from the nearest paved road so any unrecognized vehicle turning off the county road is going to be met by someone.
Link Posted: 5/26/2024 6:48:12 PM EDT
[#21]
Originally Posted By UV18:

Not necessarily. It would be an area of dispute, but it is a permanent utility easement. There is no option for revocation or anything else. The utility has a right to the land.

View All Quotes

So you're saying, unless it's a public easement, he should have identification to show the owner that he can be on the easement

Yes, but you know there is a professional way to do things vs a lazy way that might lead to misunderstandings. Everything in life is about avoiding the appearance of impropriety.

I have a permanent utility easement through my property. Around here they usually send a letter a few weeks out, then an auto-dialer sends a text the day they're supposed to be in my area, and almost always one of their junior helpers will come up to the house and ring the door bell to let us know they're bringing equipment through.
Link Posted: 5/26/2024 6:48:18 PM EDT
[#22]

View Quote

Seems like everyone but him is fixated on that.

Subs of subs of subs of subs is what you get.  Uniform or ID, LMAO.
Link Posted: 5/26/2024 6:51:27 PM EDT
[#23]
Originally Posted By FDC:

View All Quotes

So if he had better identifying PPE would he probably be more or less alive now providing he was actually there for legit purposes?
Link Posted: 5/26/2024 6:52:38 PM EDT
[#24]
Originally Posted By Kanati:

I have a permanent utility easement through my property. Around here they usually send a letter a few weeks out, then an auto-dialer sends a text the day they're supposed to be in my area, and almost always one of their junior helpers will come up to the house and ring the door bell to let us know they're bringing equipment through.
View Quote

I've got a ROW on my back corner.  Probably own about an acre-ish of powerlines.  I can count on one hand the number of times I've been out there in the last three years.

I got a notice last year.  It is still current.

Link Posted: 5/26/2024 6:53:58 PM EDT
[#25]
So if he had better identifying PPE would he probably be more or less alive now providing he was actually there for legit purposes?
View All Quotes

Oh well.
Link Posted: 5/26/2024 6:55:40 PM EDT
[#26]
View Quote
Why are you even asking something neither of you can answer?
Link Posted: 5/26/2024 7:03:17 PM EDT
[#27]
View Quote
If he wasn't an asshole, he would probably still be alive.

Moral of the story: Don't be an asshole, especially on someone else's property
Link Posted: 5/26/2024 7:13:51 PM EDT
[#28]
Originally Posted By anesvick:

View Quote
How do you know that?
Link Posted: 5/26/2024 7:18:03 PM EDT
[#29]
How do you know that?
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By anesvick:

How do you know that?
Because shit can get out of control quickly? Even quicker when you're fucking dumb or try to escalate for no good reason?

Link Posted: 5/26/2024 7:19:22 PM EDT
[#30]
Yes, but you know there is a professional way to do things vs a lazy way that might lead to misunderstandings. Everything in life is about avoiding the appearance of impropriety.

View Quote

But look at the photo posted above. It looks like there is a fence line for a property and the pole is outside the fence line.

Either way, shooting in the hands can indicate a defensive posture. Shooting in the back, well, we know what that means.
Link Posted: 5/26/2024 7:26:41 PM EDT
[#31]

View Quote

Who gives a shit if there’s a law. What kind of company sends employees on other people property without a sign on the car door, and ID or or work order for the employees. I guess we have your statement saying the company shouldn’t do it, and a dead guy that may have been better off with an ID.
Link Posted: 5/26/2024 7:27:38 PM EDT
[#32]
Because shit can get out of control quickly? Even quicker when you're fucking dumb or try to escalate for no good reason?
https://i.imgur.com/PyBw1SL.gif
View Quote
You've decided you know which one instigated it?

Media does it's actual job for a change and doesn't make up a bunch of shit, so people here make it up for 'em.
Link Posted: 5/26/2024 7:30:35 PM EDT
[#33]

View Quote

If the public doesn’t, what kind of jacked up company is too cheap to print out clip on ID’s and a work order on letterhead.
Link Posted: 5/26/2024 7:32:29 PM EDT
[#34]

Who gives a shit if there's a law. What kind of company sends employees on other people property without a sign on the car door, and ID or or work order for the employees. I guess we have your statement saying the company shouldn't do it, and a dead guy that may have been better off with an ID.
View Quote
A lot of companies do.  Said over and over, it's not sinking in for some reason.  Just because you don't know anything about it doesn't mean it isn't common. My company owners got rid of the ones we had because people wouldn't leave us or them alone.  Y'all can't mind your own business whether the logos are there or not.
Link Posted: 5/26/2024 7:32:32 PM EDT
[#35]

Media does it's actual job for a change and doesn't make up a bunch of shit, so people here make it up for 'em.
View All Quotes
https://i.imgur.com/PyBw1SL.gif

There's 3 logical reasons right now:
1) Deceased was some shitclown with no ID and little to no training doing a shitty job at a time when people don't do that in an easement and when questioned on it got confrontational and capped.
2) He legit had beef with that guy due to him being involved in some opp that affected him or his family or he was just recruited to carry something out on behalf of someone.
3) Said .mil officer just saw someone and went YOLO and blasted a guy.

Link Posted: 5/26/2024 7:34:36 PM EDT
[#36]

If the public doesn't, what kind of jacked up company is too cheap to print out clip on ID's and a work order on letterhead.
View Quote
Why would they? None of them are looking to appease your drama or whatever issue you seem to have.
Link Posted: 5/26/2024 7:34:47 PM EDT
[#37]

But look at the photo posted above. It looks like there is a fence line for a property and the pole is outside the fence line.

Either way, shooting in the hands can indicate a defensive posture. Shooting in the back, well, we know what that means.
View All Quotes

It can also mean he lunged for the gun and got shot in the hands, face, and back of his head on the way to the ground.

This is an odd one, and sadly we're probably never going to hear an accurate accounting of the full story.
Link Posted: 5/26/2024 7:35:11 PM EDT
[#38]
Originally Posted By Dru:

I think page elevenish or so!
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Dru:
Originally Posted By 96Ag:
Originally Posted By NorthBridge:
This thread sucks now
Do you know where it went off the rails? I jumped in on page 12 with the purse swinging.

I think page elevenish or so!
Thanks.
Link Posted: 5/26/2024 7:35:38 PM EDT
[#39]
1) Deceased was some shitclown with no ID and little to no training doing a shitty job at a time when people don't do that in an easement and when questioned on it got confrontational and capped.
2) He legit had beef with that guy due to him being involved in some opp that affected him or his family or he was just recruited to carry something out on behalf of someone.

View Quote
Three things you simply dreamed up.
Link Posted: 5/26/2024 7:48:40 PM EDT
[#40]
So in Washington, utilitiy companies aren't concerned with people impersonating their employees and take zero steps to make sure the public knows that the guys at their door are legit employees. Sounds like an oppurtunity for rape and robbery.
Link Posted: 5/26/2024 7:51:28 PM EDT
[#41]
Originally Posted By ApacheScout:
So in Washington, utilitiy companies aren't concerned with people impersonating their employees and take zero steps to make sure the public knows that the guys at their door are legit employees. Sounds like an oppurtunity for rape and robbery.
View Quote

Link Posted: 5/26/2024 7:55:16 PM EDT
[#42]
View All Quotes

You have either got to be trolling or have the IQ of a potato at this point.
Link Posted: 5/26/2024 7:55:22 PM EDT
[#43]

What kind of company sends employees on other people property without a sign on the car door, and ID or or work order for the employees.
View Quote

You need to get out more.
Link Posted: 5/26/2024 7:55:50 PM EDT
[#44]
Originally Posted By ApacheScout:
View Quote

A rapist could easily make fake name tags. Could even make a fake company uniform or steal one or still have one from a company they were fired from. Also a legit employee could want to rape you. Scary stuff.
Link Posted: 5/26/2024 7:57:52 PM EDT
[#45]
View Quote
I've got bad news for you...
Link Posted: 5/26/2024 7:59:06 PM EDT
[#46]
View All Quotes
Sweet potato? Cause i'm ok with their hypoglycemic index.
Link Posted: 5/26/2024 7:59:36 PM EDT
[#47]
It can also mean he lunged for the gun and got shot in the hands, face, and back of his head on the way to the ground.

This is an odd one, and sadly we're probably never going to hear an accurate accounting of the full story.
View Quote

Easily to show angles with a forensic analysis. Powder residue, angles, and round termination location will either support or destroy the self defense aspect.
Link Posted: 5/26/2024 8:00:36 PM EDT
[#48]
View All Quotes

I’ve been reading this thread and laughing at everyone slinging their fantasy scenarios at you all the while you have been just stating the facts.

About the only facts in the thread really.
Link Posted: 5/26/2024 8:02:20 PM EDT
[#49]
So... he was taking photos of the identity number on poles????

"Griffin further confirmed that a camera with a sophisticated telephoto lens was found on Daraev’s body."

WTF... a sophisticated telephoto lens was needed?????
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 5/26/2024 8:02:45 PM EDT
[#50]
Sweet potato? Cause i'm ok with their hypoglycemic index.
View Quote
Trolls try to get people to post stupid shit.  I am trying to get you to quit posting stupid shit.  An obviously useless endeavor.
Page / 30
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top