Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 9/9/2004 6:12:43 PM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
I like Bushmaster....

but I will be buying a carbine that SAYS AR-15 on it

Not unless Colt want's you to have one. And they haven't exactley been "consumer freindly" or on our side since or before the ban.
Link Posted: 9/9/2004 6:16:27 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:

Quoted:
I like Bushmaster....

Not unless Colt want's you to have one. And they haven't exactley been "consumer freindly" or on our side since before the ban.

I think you will be pleasantly surprised.
Link Posted: 9/9/2004 6:23:02 PM EDT
[#3]
Hell, I have 3 Bushmasters on order !!!  Can't wait for the ban to end so I can have my custom shooters!!!  And all have as many evil features as they can put on them ...

BECAUSE I CAN !!!!!!!!

FUCK YOU BILL CLINTON!! TELL ME , DID THEY REALLY FIND A HEART IN THERE OR JUST A PIECE OF TWISTED SHIT?

Link Posted: 9/9/2004 6:27:32 PM EDT
[#4]
While I don't think Bushmaster was totally wrong I don't think they should have settled either.  I think settling invited MORE lawsuits by basically admitting they were in the wrong.
Link Posted: 9/9/2004 6:43:39 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

I think you will be pleasantly surprised.

Inside info or a guess?

I know they're suing H&K and Bushmaster over the M-4 designation/design (maybe Bushmaster should settle/knuckle-under with Colt also?)

Colt tried to pull some pre-emptive 94 AWB moves by inserting sear blocks and removing bayonet lugs (didn't work, did it)... Kinda sounds like HUD and S&W deal.

In the 10 years since the AWB went into effect, did Colt produce one "post-ban" configured firearm for civilians?

Manufacteruers like Bushmaster, Rock River Arms,  DPMS,  etc took up the slack and heat when Colt couldn't (wouldn't) deliever.

How much money does Colt stand to lose if the XM-8 project is accepted?

And now the AWB is close to being history? Colt can go take a flying fuck.
Link Posted: 9/9/2004 6:51:24 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Quoted:
All I plan to do is buy a pre-ban parts kit from BM.... I just hope it doesnt take 6 months to damn year to get it shipped.

Anybody remember back to 99?

Did they have any military contracts back then?

It was damn near impossible to an upper shipped out. They were busy using them for complete rifles. Totally ignoring the parts crowd. Not cool business practice IMO. I had uppers on order for almost 4 months before I said f it and cancelled. My AR15 receiver is still stripped to this day.

I've been buying parts from them for about the past 3 years. Order was usually shipped out the day it was received or the next day. Turn around  from the time I mailed them a MO and my order was received took as  little as 6 days (depended on the day I sent in the MO and the day they received it). There were times I received my order the day after they shipped it (then again, I live in MA so that expidites things).

One thing I always do with anything I mail order is to get a tracking number. Request it when you place the order. If you don't get one, call customer service and ask for it.

Military contract? No, I dont believe they did (unless someone can correct me on this). I don't exactly remember what the deal was. I think the SB23 ban in CA had something to do with it. Everybody in CA wanted to buy one before the 2000 ban went in to effect, so a few gunshops had some trouble keeping AR's stocked also. But I dont think the CA market was tying up all thier production.

I do recall back in 97 when I bought parts I had no problem when ordering, got my stuff the same week. They also had very good customer service.
Link Posted: 9/9/2004 6:53:10 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Quoted:
I like Bushmaster....

Not unless Colt want's you to have one. And they haven't exactley been "consumer freindly" or on our side since or before the ban.

theres PLENTY of dealers and wholesalers who will be selling the Colt LE models to the public.

whether Colt will revert back to the AR-15 markings for "civilian" rifles is unknown... but the LE AR-15 marked models will be available.

I hope Colt reverts back to AR-15.... and they need to make a 20" rifle with a flat top marked AR-15A4
Link Posted: 9/9/2004 6:56:53 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
I like Bushmaster....

theres PLENTY of dealers and wholesalers who will be selling the Colt LE models to the public.

whether Colt will revert back to the AR-15 markings for "civilian" rifles is unknown... but the LE AR-15 marked models will be available.

I hope Colt reverts back to AR-15.... and they need to make a 20" rifle with a flat top marked AR-15A4

Colt (or any other AR mfr) cant legally label a semi-auto sporting rifle as an "AR15" for civilian sale. Wasnt that the Roberti-roos law which banned rifles by name? I could be wrong though.
Link Posted: 9/9/2004 7:01:05 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
I like Bushmaster....

Colt (or any other AR mfr) cant legally label a semi-auto sporting rifle as an "AR15" for civilian sale. Wasnt that the Roberti-roos law which banned rifles by name? I could be wrong though.

roberti roos is a california law.
Link Posted: 9/9/2004 7:22:51 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
I like Bushmaster....

roberti roos is a california law.

Ahh. So when the ban sunsets, BM would be able to call their rifles AR15's instead of XM15's?
Link Posted: 9/9/2004 8:07:30 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
Ahh. So when the ban sunsets, BM would be able to call their rifles AR15's instead of XM15's?

But that is HIGHLY unlikely since so many state bans mirror the 94AWB and ban rifles labeled AR15..... in which case the manufacturers would have ot have two labeling systems.... which as stated, is not likely.  

Who cares that it says "AR15" on the side anyway?

I just want it to "spray bullets from the 30, 40, and 50 round clips"  
Link Posted: 9/9/2004 8:08:53 PM EDT
[#12]
I might buy something from them in the future.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top