BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 9
Link Posted: 5/12/2024 10:17:17 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By 11boomboom:

I like how you don't show the targets after shooting them or how far the steel target is.
View Quote

This is USPSA CM09-09.  A real 25 yards.  Measured.

That video is not 25 yards.  

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 5/12/2024 10:17:46 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Never_A_Wick] [#2]
Originally Posted By BaconFat:

You can try to make up reasons why you think it didn't happen.  But the distances are accurate and the hits are good.  I don't take videos of things I pretend I can do, I take videos of what actual GM skills are.....but you'll never have them, because instead of thinking...hey maybe I should work to get my skills at that level, you try to pretend that it is fake.
View Quote

No they aren't.  

USPSA doesn't do 8" plates at 50 yards and the other stage isn't a classifier, so there are no "actual GM skills" on display there.

I've made it to within 5% of M in a year and a half and have been doing jack shit for practice for the last 6 months, so I'm just fine where I'm at and your attempt to take that away from me just stains your credibility.
Link Posted: 5/12/2024 10:18:48 PM EDT
[#3]
Is the gun in the second video .22lr?
Link Posted: 5/12/2024 10:20:36 PM EDT
[#4]
Hey, at least bacon fat isn't a tubby like I thought he was!
Link Posted: 5/12/2024 10:26:13 PM EDT
[#5]
Had a cheap dot die on the first stage of a match once. Used the force for the rest of the day. Not great, but not terrible.
Link Posted: 5/12/2024 10:26:33 PM EDT
[Last Edit: BaconFat] [#6]
Originally Posted By Never_A_Wick:

No they aren't.  

USPSA doesn't do 8" plates at 50 yards and the other stage isn't a classifier, so there are no "actual GM skills" on display there.

I've made it to within 5% of M in a year and a half and have been doing jack shit for practice for the last 6 months, so I'm just fine where I'm at and your attempt to take that away from me just stains your credibility.
View Quote

lol.  you lose your GM skills during practice,  sounds like another excuse made by you too feel better about yourself.  

You think your wide angle camera shows distance the same...fucking clown,  damn all you have is excuses.
Link Posted: 5/12/2024 10:27:25 PM EDT
[#7]
Originally Posted By Rudukai13:

While I can’t and won’t speak to BaconFat’s ability to do it, it’s not as far fetched as it sounds:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZbZJZsf71oc

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cZvmzArslgs

To be clear, both Sage Dynamics/Aaron Cowan and myself are firmly on the side of “there are no downsides to RDS on pistols, period.”

ETA: Here’s a dude shooting steel at 25, 50, 75, and 100 yards with a CZ75 with no sights:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MTQ2j4hezOQ
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Rudukai13:
Originally Posted By rudderbutter:
Originally Posted By BigHumidity:

Lol

It's good enough that the dot goes right where I want it during my draw. Hence I don't need to index shoot.

I've also found most people who claim to be able to instinctively point and shoot can't do it like they claim.

Can you draw and hit a dog at 15 feet running from your right to your left about to bite your child?

Can you draw and hit a gunman behind a store shelf while he is moving towards your family presenting a firearm?

Oh, you can draw and shoot and maybe hit an IPSC target somewhere in the silhouette on a range from a prepared position? Wow. I'm impressed.

How would I know, I don't practice any of that...you shooting a lot of running dog chasing your kid or you just making up scenarios you can tactically masterbate to....

What I can do is 8" at 50 yards.  I can shoot and transition multiple targets at speed and call and hit head shots at 25yard with a gun with no sights.  

Fucking tactical timmays with their story time

Point-shooting with a pistol that has no sights?

Post a video of you doing it on steel so we can all see/hear your hits.

While I can’t and won’t speak to BaconFat’s ability to do it, it’s not as far fetched as it sounds:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZbZJZsf71oc

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cZvmzArslgs

To be clear, both Sage Dynamics/Aaron Cowan and myself are firmly on the side of “there are no downsides to RDS on pistols, period.”

ETA: Here’s a dude shooting steel at 25, 50, 75, and 100 yards with a CZ75 with no sights:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MTQ2j4hezOQ

I shot with a guy a few times who removed his sights from his competition gun for a year. He shot three matches a week, for a year, that way. His goal was to be faster. I don’t know if it worked for him or not
Link Posted: 5/12/2024 10:27:55 PM EDT
[#8]

This is USPSA CM09-09.  A real 25 yards.  Measured.

That video is not 25 yards.  

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/578900/09-09_jpg-3212947.JPG
View Quote

Oh I see why you aren't a GM. Try shooting right handed like a normal person. WAY easier.
Link Posted: 5/12/2024 10:28:33 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Never_A_Wick] [#9]

lol.  you lose your GM skills during practice,  sounds like another excuse made by you too feel better about yourself.  

You think your wide angle camera shows distance the same...fucking clown,  damn all you have is excuses.
View Quote

I'm well aware of distance perception with viewing angle.

Your far targets aren't at 25 yards, and partials are not "head boxes."

Post up your USPSA number, I'll give you credit where it's due, if you're due it with actual data, not some wild video claims.
Link Posted: 5/12/2024 10:28:53 PM EDT
[#10]
Originally Posted By StevenH:

I shot with a guy a few times who removed his sights from his competition gun for a year. He shot three matches a week, for a year, that way. His goal was to be faster. I don’t know if it worked for him or not
View Quote

3 matches/week is a hell of a schedule.
Link Posted: 5/12/2024 10:29:14 PM EDT
[#11]
Originally Posted By Missilegeek:

Oh I see why you aren't a GM. Try shooting right handed like a normal person. WAY easier.
View Quote

Honestly I enjoy the continual shit I get from people(ok everyone) about shooting wrong handed.  Makes it fun!

(finding a holster blows dick though)
Link Posted: 5/12/2024 10:31:02 PM EDT
[#12]

View Quote

It's a hell of a way to get a divorce
Link Posted: 5/12/2024 10:32:52 PM EDT
[#13]

It's a hell of a way to get a divorce
View Quote

Dry fire, live fire and one match each week was busy enough for me. Got me to knock 60 seconds off my IDPA classifier in 6 months, though. I still burned out in about 2 years.
Link Posted: 5/12/2024 10:33:57 PM EDT
[#14]

View Quote

Its funny that this is all you got,  trying to argue over distance.   You complete ignore the skill because you know it isn't something you can do.  Oh well, maybe one day you'll be better...but not likely

Link Posted: 5/12/2024 10:35:26 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Never_A_Wick] [#15]

Its funny that this is all you got,  trying to argue over distance.   You complete ignore the skill because you know it isn't something you can do.  Oh well, maybe one day you'll be better...but not likely

View Quote

Now you just sound like my 10 year old arguing.

You didn't even show the hits.  

No, I can't shoot a gun without sights as accurately as I can with one that is equipped with em or a dot.  Why the fuck do I want to?  

Didn't think you'd post your USPSA number.
Link Posted: 5/12/2024 10:38:15 PM EDT
[#16]

Why the fuck do I want to?  
View Quote

Because when you have perfected your index, you need to make less corrections and less corrections means faster times.
Link Posted: 5/12/2024 10:38:35 PM EDT
[#17]

Now you just sound like my 10 year old arguing.

You didn't even show the hits.  

No, I can't shoot a gun without sights as accurately as I can with one that is equipped with em or a dot.  Why the fuck do I want to?  

Didn't think you'd post your USPSA number.
View Quote

Didn't he share his USPSA number with @45-Seventy ?
Link Posted: 5/12/2024 10:38:42 PM EDT
[#18]

Dry fire, live fire and one match each week was busy enough for me. Got me to knock 60 seconds off my IDPA classifier in 6 months, though. I still burned out in about 2 years.
View Quote

I was hot and heavy the first year.  

Dry fire, lots of live fire, helping at the club a ton doing setup, maintenance, etc....

Then I burned out a bit.

Now I absolutely hate dry fire.

I'm sitting close to M, and I have a match Tuesday with a classifier stage.

I'm sure my percentage will go down.

Nobody to blame but myself.

M is a choice for me.  There's zero question I can get there, and that I would be there if I kept on my practice.  That's my fault.
Link Posted: 5/12/2024 10:38:45 PM EDT
[#19]

Post up your USPSA number, I'll give you credit where it's due, if you're due it with actual data, not some wild video claims.
View All Quotes

Perhaps Bacon is a giant and using extra large targets.

You are going to feel real foolish when his Bunyan like size is truly revealed.

Or the far targets are like 50' away. Which honestly; if you can hit that shit, at that speed, with no sights, that's great skill. Too bad you can't see what was hit.  

Link Posted: 5/12/2024 10:39:26 PM EDT
[#20]

Because when you have perfected your index, you need to make less corrections and less corrections means faster times.
View Quote

I can't perfect my index with the sights on the gun?  

Answer - of course I can.

Your humble brag about shooting sans sights is utterly pointless.
Link Posted: 5/12/2024 10:41:32 PM EDT
[#21]

I can't perfect my index with the sights on the gun?  

Answer - of course I can.

Your humble brag about shooting sans sights is utterly pointless.
View Quote

You say that about every skill you can't do...its a great mechanism to protect your fragile ego
Link Posted: 5/12/2024 10:41:50 PM EDT
[#22]
Originally Posted By Missilegeek:

Perhaps Bacon is a giant and using extra large targets.

You are going to feel real foolish when his Bunyan like size is truly revealed.

Or the far targets are like 50' away. Which honestly; if you can hit that shit, at that speed, with no sights, that's great skill. Too bad you can't see what was hit.  

View Quote

Sure is.

Far distances are another weakness that I don't work on enough.

Problem is that our indoor range only goes to 45 feet, and when the weather is good enough for heading outdoors and setting things up at 75 or 100 feet... I get busy as fuck with work and my time availability goes down the shitter.  (I know, I know, excuses)

Lots of time and dedication is involved with becoming truly good.  It's not an easy road at all.  Props to GMs, it's a lot of work no matter how you get there.

Link Posted: 5/12/2024 10:42:15 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 11boomboom] [#23]

I was hot and heavy the first year.  

Dry fire, lots of live fire, helping at the club a ton doing setup, maintenance, etc....

Then I burned out a bit.

Now I absolutely hate dry fire.

I'm sitting close to M, and I have a match Tuesday with a classifier stage.

I'm sure my percentage will go down.

Nobody to blame but myself.

M is a choice for me.  There's zero question I can get there, and that I would be there if I kept on my practice.  That's my fault.
View Quote

I was still active duty and I missed every classifier match at my club with field rotations so in two years I was only able to classify twice in the first 6 months.

I won SSP almost every match, so I only paid attention to Overall and I was consistently in the top-5. I started branching out to multigun and outlaw steel-challenge-ish stuff before burnout and Army stuff got in the way.
Link Posted: 5/12/2024 10:44:27 PM EDT
[#24]

I was still active duty and I missed every classifier match at my club with field rotations so in two years I was only able to classify twice in the first 6 months.

I won SSP almost every match, so I only paid attention to Overall and I was consistently in the top-5. I started branching out to multigun and outlaw steel-challenge-ish stuff before burnout and Army stuff got in the way.
View Quote

I should buckle down and get to M, and then I can be lazy.

I could make GM as well, I've got the raw skill.. just needs polishing and refinement.. but it's a level of practice that would probably make me want to kill myself.
Link Posted: 5/12/2024 10:47:03 PM EDT
[#25]

I could make GM as well, I've got the raw skill.. just needs polishing and refinement.. but it's a level of practice that would probably make me want to kill myself.
View Quote

Lol. How many times are you going to post that you're almost a M?

It's every post now.
Link Posted: 5/12/2024 10:52:41 PM EDT
[#26]

View Quote

Go for it.

Worst-case, you could grand-bag your classifier matches.
Link Posted: 5/12/2024 10:57:56 PM EDT
[#27]

Lol. How many times are you going to post that you're almost a M?

It's every post now.
View Quote

You haven't shown hits or your USPSA number so tit for tat?
Link Posted: 5/12/2024 10:58:25 PM EDT
[#28]

Go for it.

Worst-case, you could grand-bag your classifier matches.
View Quote

I've tapered back to kind of not caring, and just having fun.  But I also feel like I'm wasting my previous effort.  Even the guys in the club have tried to encourage/push me.  Doesn't work
Link Posted: 5/12/2024 11:02:13 PM EDT
[#29]

I've tapered back to kind of not caring, and just having fun.  But I also feel like I'm wasting my previous effort.  Even the guys in the club have tried to encourage/push me.  Doesn't work
View Quote

My best match was when I was just there to screw around with my ESP M&P.

(old potato pic)
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 5/12/2024 11:05:21 PM EDT
[#30]

Why are we using a handgun for HOME defense? If forced to use a handgun in that role I’ll take a full-size handgun with a light and red dot.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By madmacs69:
Originally Posted By AbleArcher:
Irons will be left in the past.

You kind of still need to know and understand them...

You put an RDS on your pistol, go to the range. Get used to just pointing in the general direction and putting the dot on the target. Everything is cool.

Then you go home... and it sits and the battery goes dead.

Then you actually NEED to use it... so just put the target in the big window that doesn't have a dot anymore and hope?

Why are we using a handgun for HOME defense? If forced to use a handgun in that role I’ll take a full-size handgun with a light and red dot.

Don't think I suggested HOME defense...
Link Posted: 5/12/2024 11:08:17 PM EDT
[#31]
Originally Posted By CouncilOfDave:
I don't understand.

How long do some of you go without touching your primary defensive pistol?
View Quote

I don't have an RDS on a pistol... couple of CT lasers on backups... could be weeks without them being touched.

I'm sure there are plenty of people that don t carry every time they leave the house.
Link Posted: 5/12/2024 11:09:32 PM EDT
[#32]

I don't have an RDS on a pistol... couple of CT lasers on backups... could be weeks without them being touched.

I'm sure there are plenty of people that don t carry every time they leave the house.
View Quote

You can also just turn the brightness down to zero when you put the gun in the safe, that helps with battery life quite a bit.
Link Posted: 5/12/2024 11:09:43 PM EDT
[#33]
I check the dot everyday and replace all batteries every 6 months to a year.
Link Posted: 5/12/2024 11:09:53 PM EDT
[#34]
Originally Posted By 45-Seventy:

This would certainly be a concern for someone who is too inept to maintain their shit and only goes to the range once every three years or so.
View All Quotes

You put an RDS on your pistol, go to the range. Get used to just pointing in the general direction and putting the dot on the target. Everything is cool.

Then you actually NEED to use it... so just put the target in the big window that doesn't have a dot anymore and hope?

This would certainly be a concern for someone who is too inept to maintain their shit and only goes to the range once every three years or so.

So 90% of firearms owners?
Link Posted: 5/12/2024 11:10:54 PM EDT
[#35]
Originally Posted By TaskForce:
I check the dot everyday and replace all batteries every 6 months to a year.
View Quote

First of the year, I swap everything that's got a battery.  Even if it's pretty new... gets it in the rotation.  Easy for me to remember.
Link Posted: 5/12/2024 11:11:06 PM EDT
[#36]

View Quote

If someone isn't committed to maintaining their equipment than I have nothing for them. Some people drive their vehicle to empty. I wouldn't suggest that though.
Link Posted: 5/12/2024 11:17:27 PM EDT
[#37]

View Quote

The shitty maintenance habits of most gun owners makes RDS bad.  Got it.
Link Posted: 5/12/2024 11:20:10 PM EDT
[#38]

First of the year, I swap everything that's got a battery.  Even if it's pretty new... gets it in the rotation.  Easy for me to remember.
View Quote

Cheap and easy.
Link Posted: 5/12/2024 11:45:55 PM EDT
[#39]

View All Quotes

Link Posted: 5/12/2024 11:49:18 PM EDT
[#40]

View All Quotes

Ill be honest, I often don't replace them until they die.

What's the regret? Oh no I may have to use the irons for part of a day every few years? Lol.
Link Posted: 5/12/2024 11:54:14 PM EDT
[#41]

View All Quotes

Indeed.

I got really serious with USPSA for about 2 years where my schedule was an individual range day on Tuesdays, league shoot on Thursdays, and matches on Saturdays, with dry fire and/or reloading every other night.

It became more work than fun and I ended up burning myself out.
Link Posted: 5/12/2024 11:55:33 PM EDT
[#42]
We done arguing about a GM skills shooter who didn’t share  his USPSA # yet?
Link Posted: 5/12/2024 11:58:06 PM EDT
[#43]
Originally Posted By JAD762:

Indeed.

I got really serious with USPSA for about 2 years where my schedule was an individual range day on Tuesdays, league shoot on Thursdays, and matches on Saturdays, with dry fire and/or reloading every other night.

View Quote

My schedule was 2 hours of dry fire each day Monday-Thursday, live fire skills check Friday, match Saturday then post match live fire review on Sunday to plan the dry fire program the following week and work on things I got wrong.
Link Posted: 5/13/2024 12:06:58 AM EDT
[#44]

My schedule was 2 hours of dry fire each day Monday-Thursday, live fire skills check Friday, match Saturday then post match live fire review on Sunday to plan the dry fire program the following week and work on things I got wrong.
View All Quotes

Indeed.

Right on. Schedules like that are good when you’re pushing but hard if not impossible to maintain long term.

I’ve come to the point that I’m pretty casual with club matches and treat them like practice for the few and far between travel matches I shoot.

I hate to admit it but the only time I really dry fire any more is if I develop an annoying hiccup I have to work through.
Link Posted: 5/13/2024 12:07:55 AM EDT
[#45]
Originally Posted By 42ATK:
View Quote

Does a USPSA # include someone's real name?
Link Posted: 5/13/2024 12:10:12 AM EDT
[#46]

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By 42ATK:

In the past members have just posted a screenshot of their classification page with personal info redacted out.

It’s a pretty simple thing to do if you want to make that point.
Link Posted: 5/13/2024 12:12:25 AM EDT
[#47]

In the past members have just posted a screenshot of their classification page with personal info redacted out.

View Quote

Just asking because I have no idea.
Link Posted: 5/13/2024 12:19:54 AM EDT
[#48]

Right on. Schedules like that are good when you’re pushing but hard if not impossible to maintain long term.

I’ve come to the point that I’m pretty casual with club matches and treat them like practice for the few and far between travel matches I shoot.

I hate to admit it but the only time I really dry fire any more is if I develop an annoying hiccup I have to work through.
View Quote

Yeah, I think I went a little too hard and burned out.

I've been thinking of hopping back into competition, though.
Link Posted: 5/13/2024 12:25:53 AM EDT
[#49]

View All Quotes

Right on. I had to go plug in my number to their lookup widget just to remember the info it puts out.

It did give my first name and last initial.

I’d be inclined to just do the screenshot with redacted info, myself.
Link Posted: 5/13/2024 12:29:15 AM EDT
[#50]

View All Quotes

I’ve gotten to really enjoy casual competition.

It’s enough to keep me sharp, but not too focused I can’t have fun with my friends while I’m there.
Page / 9
Top Top