Link Posted: 5/12/2024 12:55:45 AM EDT
[Last Edit: tsg68] [#1]
Canik= if a Glock fucked a Walther.

And yes, the Walther is a bottom.
Link Posted: 5/12/2024 12:56:35 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Strela:

Hope it gives you plenty of good service.

BFV reports good luck with theirs.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By ZeroTolerance:
I only have one, but the first time I shot it I was amazed at the trigger. Had some initial FTE problems with 115 grain ammo, but after switching to 124 grain it ran perfectly. After that, 115 worked fine too. Despite the haters, the Turks make some good guns.

Appears that there are a lot of Canik variations available these days.

Which model do you have?

Early TP9SF. I'd buy another flavor of Canik, but gun funds are tight and I've seen other stuff I want first.

Those Tisas 1911s have lured me away.

I totally understand. I had to wait for my income tax return to get this one.

Hope it gives you plenty of good service.

BFV reports good luck with theirs.

Thank you. I CC'd it for the first time today.
Link Posted: 5/12/2024 12:58:33 AM EDT
[#3]
Originally Posted By tsg68:
Canik= if a Glock fucked a Walther.

And yes l, the Walther is a bottom.
View Quote

Shit like this is the reason I asked for this thread to be locked.
Link Posted: 5/12/2024 1:00:24 AM EDT
[#4]

View Quote
I mean it's fine if you just want to play with one for a while but Delta Force isn't going to be using it anytime soon.
Link Posted: 5/12/2024 1:02:43 AM EDT
[#5]
MODS, PLEASE LOCK.
Link Posted: 5/12/2024 1:05:37 AM EDT
[#6]
IBTL
Link Posted: 5/12/2024 1:10:06 AM EDT
[#7]

View Quote

You can try to bury the truth, but there it is.
Link Posted: 5/12/2024 1:16:42 AM EDT
[Last Edit: ZeroTolerance] [#8]

You can try to bury the truth, but there it is.
View Quote

I guess everyone that owns one that loves them, and the ratings are bullshit.

Not everyone needs to play Delta Force. Now piss off
Link Posted: 5/12/2024 1:19:50 AM EDT
[#9]
Originally Posted By cardboardkiller:
IBTL
View Quote

Hopefully soon. I'm tired of dealing with edgy assholes. Shit like this is the reason my post count is so low.
Link Posted: 5/12/2024 1:22:29 AM EDT
[#10]
Aren’t you triggered. Need the mods to give you a safe space? Grow up.
Link Posted: 5/12/2024 1:24:05 AM EDT
[#11]
You post in GD with a simple brand name title knowing what's going to happen and your avatar is of the biggest troll in comic book history suggesting you can at least handle humor.

Lighten up Francis.
Link Posted: 5/12/2024 1:29:13 AM EDT
[Last Edit: ZeroTolerance] [#12]
Originally Posted By Brok3n:
You post in GD with a simple brand name title knowing what's going to happen and your avatar is of the biggest troll in comic book history suggesting you can at least handle humor.

Lighten up Francis.
View Quote

I did this thread to get legit info concerning Canik, not to have the thread derailed by several edgy trolls. This is why this site is going to shit. If you can't understand that, you are part of the problem.

ETA: If you would have read the original post, I did mention specific model.
Link Posted: 5/12/2024 1:30:26 AM EDT
[#13]
Originally Posted By binthere:
Aren’t you triggered. Need the mods to give you a safe space? Grow up.
View Quote

Go piss up a rope
Link Posted: 5/12/2024 1:30:48 AM EDT
[#14]

View Quote

Delta Farce in the case of the Canik.
Link Posted: 5/12/2024 1:35:47 AM EDT
[#15]

View All Quotes

Fuck off dude. Now report me like the troll you are...
Link Posted: 5/12/2024 1:39:48 AM EDT
[#16]

Fuck off dude. Now report me like the troll you are...
View Quote

Why would I do a pussy thing like that? Seems more your territory.
Link Posted: 5/12/2024 1:39:52 AM EDT
[Last Edit: cardboardkiller] [#17]

Hopefully soon. I'm tired of dealing with edgy assholes. Shit like this is the reason my post count is so low.
View Quote

You could’ve avoided all this by just carrying an 8” 450 Bushmaster AR pistol like a sane person.
Link Posted: 5/12/2024 1:42:17 AM EDT
[#18]
Don't go chasin' General Discussion
Please stick to the technical forums that you're used to
I know that you're gonna have it your way or nothing at all
But I think you're moving too fast
Link Posted: 5/12/2024 1:45:20 AM EDT
[#19]

You could’ve avoided all this by just carrying an 8” 450 Bushmaster AR pistol.
View All Quotes

You could’ve avoided all this by just carrying an 8” 450 Bushmaster AR pistol.

Yeah, this site is loaded with edgy assholes. I remember back when there wasn't as much childish bullshit. People actually tried to help. Now, just because it's GD, they can come into any thread and fuck it up to boost their egos. They need to crawl back into their holes and STFU.
Link Posted: 5/12/2024 1:50:55 AM EDT
[Last Edit: ZeroTolerance] [#20]
View Quote

I did it in GD since the tech forums are slow as hell. I needed info quick since I was buying Friday. I did get useful info from a few members, which is greatly appreciated. I'm very happy with the quality of the one that I bought Friday. I want the thread locked since it is no longer needed. I don't know how to change the thread title.
Link Posted: 5/12/2024 2:03:56 AM EDT
[#21]
Arfcom is full of dumbass shitheads these days. Typical GD faggottree in here.

Anyway, I really want to shoot a Canik. I’m torn on them. They are loaded with nice features…but surely at their price point, something has to be lacking. Right?!

I feel like there has to be a catch but maybe there isn’t. People that own them seem to really like them a lot. I’ve held a few recently and they feel good in the hand and seem decently built.
Link Posted: 5/12/2024 2:05:36 AM EDT
[#22]
View Quote

TLC. No fuckin way brobro LOL
Link Posted: 5/12/2024 2:06:32 AM EDT
[#23]
Originally Posted By ak4784:

Anyway, I really want to shoot a Canik. I’m torn on them. They are loaded with nice features…but surely at their price point, something has to be lacking. Right?!

I feel like there has to be a catch but maybe there isn’t. People that own them seem to really like them a lot. I’ve held a few recently and they feel good in the hand and seem decently built.
View Quote

The only catch is that they’re made in turkey and the current exchange rate is in our favor big time. The caniks are used by their military. I’m extremely happy with mine and its good to have options.
Link Posted: 5/12/2024 2:11:56 AM EDT
[#24]

View Quote

Truth on the dumbass part.

I'm not going to lie, the fit and finish on my Tp9 Elite SC is on par with my two HK's, if not better.
Link Posted: 5/12/2024 2:14:31 AM EDT
[#25]
Originally Posted By Ivan1:

The only catch is that they’re made in turkey and the current exchange rate is in our favor big time. The caniks are used by their military. I’m extremely happy with mine and its good to have options.
View Quote

Thank you. Mine was $399.99 before my military discount.
Link Posted: 5/12/2024 2:19:07 AM EDT
[#26]

I'm not going to lie, the fit and finish on my Tp9 Elite SC is on par with my two HK's, if not better.
View Quote

HK quality! For real? Next time I go to my local shop, I’ll have them bust out a few for me. They have a nice line up in their display.
They had one that was in some kind of white winter camo pattern that I did hold and check out a few weeks back. It was a large full size pistol and was too big for my hands so I kinda blew it off and didn’t bother to pay too much attention to it. It was loaded with bells and whistles though and was a damn good price for everything on it.

I would need something G19 sized or smaller. Ideally G43X sized. Probably something like your TP9 Elite SC.
Link Posted: 5/12/2024 2:19:27 AM EDT
[#27]
A report on how it shoots would be nice.  I was kinda looking at them for something different,  got distracted by the Walthers and now looking at the double stack 9mms.  Yea, I might be impulsive.  
Link Posted: 5/12/2024 2:22:00 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Andrewsky] [#28]
The problem with these Caniks is that they can hang up on feeding.  If you hold the trigger down, does the slide actually go into battery?

Canik TP9 Elite Combat Executive - Battery Return Failure

Whenever anybody tries to re-invent the wheel with the polymer guns there's always some issue.
Link Posted: 5/12/2024 2:34:28 AM EDT
[#29]

HK quality! For real? Next time I go to my local shop, I’ll have them bust out a few for me. They have a nice line up in their display.
They had one that was in some kind of white winter camo pattern that I did hold and check out a few weeks back. It was a large full size pistol and was too big for my hands so I kinda blew it off and didn’t bother to pay too much attention to it. It was loaded with bells and whistles though and was a damn good price for everything on it.

I would need something G19 sized or smaller. Ideally G43X sized. Probably something like your TP9 Elite SC.
View All Quotes

Yeah, I was impressed. I opted for the Blackout version, Nitride coated slide instead of Cerakote. I had a bad experience with a cerakoted Kimber, so I avoid it now
Link Posted: 5/12/2024 2:37:46 AM EDT
[#30]
Originally Posted By sandboxmedic:
A report on how it shoots would be nice.  I was kinda looking at them for something different,  got distracted by the Walthers and now looking at the double stack 9mms.  Yea, I might be impulsive.  
View Quote

I just bought it Friday. I have a lot going on in my life right now, so no telling when i can make it to the range. I've read that they are very accurate and have one of the best triggers out of the box.
Link Posted: 5/12/2024 2:39:46 AM EDT
[Last Edit: ZeroTolerance] [#31]
Originally Posted By Andrewsky:
The problem with these Caniks is that they can hang up on feeding.  If you hold the trigger down, does the slide actually go into battery?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bTimmqwEThQ

Whenever anybody tries to re-invent the wheel with the polymer guns there's always some issue.
View Quote

First time hearing this one, and I've read tons of reviews.

ETA: He definitely has a different barrel in that video. I just bought it Friday, haven't shot it yet.
There is no telling what mods that he did. Recoil spring...etc

ETA again: That is also the Tp9 Elite Combat. Mine is the Tp9 Elite SC.
Link Posted: 5/12/2024 2:52:24 AM EDT
[#32]

ETA: He definitely has a different barrel in that video. I just bought it Friday, haven't shot it yet.

View Quote
Remove the mag, make sure it's clear, hold the trigger down, bring the slide to the rear.  Does the slide close on its own or does it hang up?
Link Posted: 5/12/2024 3:00:04 AM EDT
[#33]
Remove the mag, make sure it's clear, hold the trigger down, bring the slide to the rear.  Does the slide close on its own or does it hang up?
View All Quotes

It's 2am here, getting ready to hit the bunk. I'll check sometime tomorrow.
Link Posted: 5/12/2024 3:00:35 AM EDT
[Last Edit: ZeroTolerance] [#34]
Internet issues, doubletap.
Link Posted: 5/12/2024 6:03:42 AM EDT
[#35]

You could’ve avoided all this by just carrying an 8” 450 Bushmaster AR pistol like a sane person.
View Quote

Link Posted: 5/12/2024 6:08:20 AM EDT
[#36]

View Quote

I have a TP9SF that I am not impressed with at all. Except for the trigger. Trigger is amazing for a striker pistol.

The finish on mine sucks, whatever ceracote stuff they used. Had a problem with dead trigger within the first 500 rounds, disassembled the slide and cleaned the striker channel and striker to fix that. And I have worn out the recoil spring assembly. The spring is so weak I can shake the pistol and the slide opens and closes. Still need to get a replacement.

Overall, they have their fans, I am not one due to my admitted early sample of 1.
Link Posted: 5/12/2024 8:56:21 AM EDT
[#37]

View Quote

You do understand that by replying to every comment you dislike you’re simply giving them more incentive to trigger you even more, right? LOL
Link Posted: 5/12/2024 11:48:31 AM EDT
[#38]
Originally Posted By WhistlePig270:

You do understand that by replying to every comment you dislike you’re simply giving them more incentive to trigger you even more, right? LOL
View Quote

IMO it's a compulsion due to his very real psychological need for a Glock 19. He is fighting an inner battle against his very desire. And this causes him to lash out at those of us around him that care.

Get the G19 OP
Link Posted: 5/12/2024 11:58:08 AM EDT
[#39]
Originally Posted By colklink:

IMO it's a compulsion due to his very real psychological need for a Glock 19. He is fighting an inner battle against his very desire. And this causes him to lash out at those of us around him that care.

Get the G19 OP
View All Quotes

Get the G19 OP

For what it’s worth, I sold my g31 (g17, but .357sig) shortly after buying the TP9SFx. I just didn’t have a use for both.

I see no reason not to consider the Caniks to be just a plain upgrade over comparable Glock pistols. Cheaper, more features, as reliable or better, and far better ergos.

The only way I can think of that Glock has them beat is aftermarket parts and accessories - but at least half the Glock aftermarket exists to make up for their shortcomings to begin with…
Link Posted: 5/12/2024 1:29:18 PM EDT
[#40]
Originally Posted By SimonPhoto:

For what it’s worth, I sold my g31 (g17, but .357sig) shortly after buying the TP9SFx. I just didn’t have a use for both.

I see no reason not to consider the Caniks to be just a plain upgrade over comparable Glock pistols. Cheaper, more features, as reliable or better, and far better ergos.

The only way I can think of that Glock has them beat is aftermarket parts and accessories - but at least half the Glock aftermarket exists to make up for their shortcomings to begin with…
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By SimonPhoto:

Get the G19 OP

Some people cannot accept the fact that it's a great gun for a great price.
If it isn a Glock or a $2k+ gun, it's garbage. The reviews speak for itself.

You couldn't give me a Glock.
Link Posted: 5/12/2024 1:33:23 PM EDT
[#41]

Get the G19 OP
View Quote

Fuck Glock
Link Posted: 5/12/2024 1:43:33 PM EDT
[#42]
Just picked up the mc9 couple weeks ago. Sold my g43. Liked the g43 but prefer the capacity of the mc9.and it’s just a hair wider but holds 12 vs6.

I wouldn’t buy a used mc9 tough as early models did have issues easy fix I hear though new spring and polish the feedramp.

I also have the tp9sf and it’s a great gun now my main target gun as I give the old colt a break. Trigger and reset are real nice.
Link Posted: 5/12/2024 1:50:51 PM EDT
[#43]

View Quote

LOL, I own several Glocks, even tried carrying a couple of them.  They mostly just sit in the safe.  The P80 frames help fix a big part of what's wrong with them but they still mostly just sit in the safe.  I definitely respect them for that they are, a very reliable utilitarian tool, but they've just never appealed to me.  Lots of good guns out there these days and Glock just hasn't really kept up (through five generations of "perfection") nor do they seem to care what most of their customers think.  There is great aftermarket support for them though.
Link Posted: 5/12/2024 1:51:21 PM EDT
[#44]
I was surprised to see they make a steel framed version. Unfortunately it looks like it's cast.
Link Posted: 5/12/2024 2:01:35 PM EDT
[#45]
Originally Posted By ar15robert:
Just picked up the mc9 couple weeks ago. Sold my g43. Liked the g43 but prefer the capacity of the mc9.and it’s just a hair wider but holds 12 vs6.

I wouldn’t buy a used mc9 tough as early models did have issues easy fix I hear though new spring and polish the feedramp.

I also have the tp9sf and it’s a great gun now my main target gun as I give the old colt a break. Trigger and reset are real nice.
View Quote

I was considering the MC9, but opted for the Tp9 Elite SC since the MC9 felt too narrow in my hand.
Link Posted: 5/12/2024 2:03:18 PM EDT
[#46]

LOL, I own several Glocks, even tried carrying a couple of them.  They mostly just sit in the safe.  The P80 frames help fix a big part of what's wrong with them but they still mostly just sit in the safe.  I definitely respect them for that they are, a very reliable utilitarian tool, but they've just never appealed to me.  Lots of good guns out there these days and Glock just hasn't really kept up (through five generations of "perfection") nor do they seem to care what most of their customers think.  There is great aftermarket support for them though.
View All Quotes

"Perfection", no.
Link Posted: 5/12/2024 2:04:22 PM EDT
[#47]
Originally Posted By FoxValleyTacDriver:
I was surprised to see they make a steel framed version. Unfortunately it looks like it's cast.
View Quote

I actually prefer polymer, especially for CC.
Link Posted: 5/12/2024 2:42:00 PM EDT
[#48]

Fuck Glock
View Quote

Agreed.
There are many options on the market now yet glock that's made basically the same pistol for 40 years still prices at the top of the polymer market.
They are basically the dodge charger of the gun world.
Link Posted: 5/12/2024 2:48:45 PM EDT
[Last Edit: ZeroTolerance] [#49]
Originally Posted By AttachedFile:

Agreed.
There are many options on the market now yet glock that's made basically the same pistol for 40 years still prices at the top of the polymer market.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By AttachedFile:

Fuck Glock

Agreed.

I'm dead. And the fanboys have about the mentality.

Link Posted: 5/12/2024 3:03:27 PM EDT
[#50]

"Perfection", no.
View All Quotes

"Perfection", no.

Honestly, you can't tell me you're not impressed with five generations of "perfection".  
Page / 5
Canik (Page 3 of 5)
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top