Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 3
Link Posted: 5/8/2024 2:49:33 PM EDT
[#1]
I posted on craigslist group rides from anywhere in town to drop off, was 350 bucks. I made bank those three days when i lived there.

I used the back access of Nellis since I could get on and off. Turned a two hour wait into 15 mins.
Link Posted: 5/8/2024 3:46:40 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Riggs:
I'll be there, staying at Camp EDC in a shiftpod.
View Quote

Same.  

I usually do a meetup on Thursday night, before things get going at 8.  It's a chance to say hi to old friends, trade kandi, meet some new people and answer first-timer questions, etc.   My wife and I just hang out a bit at an easily found place (e.g., the EDC globe), and whoever comes by that year comes by.

If you want, drop me an IM and I'll send you the details.  

Actually, that last bit goes for anyone either attending or working the event in some capacity (chicken tender artiste, bicycle cop, whatever).  I'm always happy to put a face to a username, and if interested drop me a note.  Camp is a lot simpler and more relaxed for meeting than trying to do it in EDC, but I wind up doing that too  every year.
Link Posted: 5/8/2024 3:51:05 PM EDT
[Last Edit: vim] [#3]
Originally Posted By UV18:

Raping isn't really a problem. Chicks have been laying out there passed out and naked without an issue. I would be more worried over the night club scene.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By CentralScrutinizer:
Not going but tagged for interest. Taking my kid and her boyfriend to the airport and they are attending.
Are they gonna get roofied and abused?

Raping isn't really a problem. Chicks have been laying out there passed out and naked without an issue. I would be more worried over the night club scene.

I will add that there will be a ton of volunteers wearing purple? shirts marked Ground Crew, who are always looking for someone seeming out of it, or having a bad time, or just needing to get pointed somewhere.  It's hard to lay down and rest, actually, as one of them would be by shortly to check.

I hope your daughter and boyfriend have a great time.  It's a bucket list item for some people.
Link Posted: 5/8/2024 4:54:43 PM EDT
[#4]
Originally Posted By ArpaioFan:
I’m conservative so I’ll pass
View Quote

The EDC isn’t my thing but I feel sad for people that have to filter everything through their left or right political meter.  Sounds like an awful way to live.
Link Posted: 5/8/2024 6:15:46 PM EDT
[#5]
damn i’m jealous. i’d love to hit edc lvl sometime w the wife. been to alot of festivals over the years in florida and GA.

@deadmau5er i think his handle, you going !?

look forward to seeing pics and watching the livestream.  
i wish it wasn’t so damn hot when they do LV.
Link Posted: 5/8/2024 6:16:39 PM EDT
[#6]
Originally Posted By FredMan:

Massive crowds of mollied out, barely clothed thots?
View Quote

maybe some pasties. i know it isnt lookin at timber, fredman, so you in next year?  
Link Posted: 5/8/2024 6:23:50 PM EDT
[#7]
Originally Posted By vim:

I think for the people who need to stay in hotels, it could be fun  Anything at camp is only open to campers.  Hotel EDC expands things for the noncampers.  Once I park my car at the speedway on Thursday, I'm there until I pull out of the lot Monday afternoon.  For us, the main thing is EDC, where we stay until 6AM each day.  So daytime activities even at camp will get preempted by us in favor of [attempted] sleep.  We don't do the knee-deep jammed daytime pool party thing.  Zzzzzzzzz.
View Quote

What fun is that?

Cherub - Doses & Mimosas (Video)
Link Posted: 5/8/2024 6:26:25 PM EDT
[#8]
Originally Posted By 45-Seventy:
As someone who lived in Las Vegas for nine long years and left two ex-wives there:

LOL. Fuck that.
View Quote

Damn son you collected two ex wives in nine years? It took me 25 years to manage that. You’re quite the over achiever aintcha?
Link Posted: 5/8/2024 6:55:58 PM EDT
[#9]
Originally Posted By hbilly:

What fun is that?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E45fogGN_Y8
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By hbilly:

I think for the people who need to stay in hotels, it could be fun  Anything at camp is only open to campers.  Hotel EDC expands things for the noncampers.  Once I park my car at the speedway on Thursday, I'm there until I pull out of the lot Monday afternoon.  For us, the main thing is EDC, where we stay until 6AM each day.  So daytime activities even at camp will get preempted by us in favor of [attempted] sleep.  We don't do the knee-deep jammed daytime pool party thing.  Zzzzzzzzz.

What fun is that?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E45fogGN_Y8

I am Mr. Anti Fun.  There will be no good times or dancing!

Anyway, it's definitely not as much fun, but if I was out in the sun all day, bouncing up and down in the pool, drinking, I would faceplant somewhere during the night.  It's hell not being indestructible anymore.  I don't even do the goat yoga.  

We come back to camp in the morning, grab breakfast, drink a Gatorade each, and pop some ibuprofin.  Maybe a shower?  Probably a good idea.  Eye shades and earplugs ... nighty-night!  Just in time for morning flight operations at Nellis.  And the camp stage.  
Link Posted: 5/8/2024 6:57:47 PM EDT
[#10]
funny my neighbor had a nice trailer held it for a few more days while his new one was coming in.He tells me his son and friends are going to use it for a weekend in vegas i asked where they going.He said they were going to a carnival and wanted to use the trailer i laughed right away.He did too saying yeh not sure why they would take trailer vs getting a room for a carnival.Im sure he had no clue LOL and thought they were going to a typical park carnival with rides and all.
Link Posted: 5/8/2024 6:58:07 PM EDT
[#11]
Originally Posted By FredMan:

Massive crowds of mollied out, barely clothed thots?
View Quote

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 5/8/2024 6:58:20 PM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 5/8/2024 7:01:57 PM EDT
[Last Edit: maslin02] [#13]

Get on the mailing list and be ready to order your tickets when they go on sale.  Like, if ticket sales start one day at 10AM, hit the ticket site at 10AM.  If you get tickets, they're easier the next year with early access to them.

Aside from that, the main thing is where you stay:  either in Las Vegas, and then you have to buy shuttle passes (don't depend on Uber/Lyft), or you pay for Camp EDC, which lets you check in early Thursday morning and check out Monday afternoon.  I pay for camp, and this year Eric Prydz is playing the camp opening party on Thursday night.  (EDC itself is Friday through Sunday nights.)  The tents are shiftpods, and have power strips and a/c (sometimes great, sometimes marginal).  Camp is apparently the world's largest astroturf installation.
View Quote

Learned the shuttle game at NASCAR. We stayed at the hotel just down the street from the speedway and it was a $300 Uber Black both days to get out of there
Link Posted: 5/8/2024 7:12:44 PM EDT
[#14]
Originally Posted By denverdan:

Damn son you collected two ex wives in nine years? It took me 25 years to manage that. You’re quite the over achiever aintcha?
View Quote

Some people have a talent. I used to be able to pick the biggest bitch in the room and fall in love immediately. Fortunately, I wasn’t making any money back then so most of them kept walking.

On topic: I officiated my step daughter’s wedding in Key West during fantasy fest last year. I enjoy the spectacle but won’t be searching out things like that.

Go for it if you are so inclined. Hope you have a great time, OP. Post pics! (I mean, pics that pass muster with the Church Ladies moderating the forum…
Link Posted: 5/8/2024 7:17:00 PM EDT
[#15]

I am Mr. Anti Fun.  There will be no good times or dancing!

Anyway, it's definitely not as much fun, but if I was out in the sun all day, bouncing up and down in the pool, drinking, I would faceplant somewhere during the night.  It's hell not being indestructible anymore.  I don't even do the goat yoga.  

We come back to camp in the morning, grab breakfast, drink a Gatorade each, and pop some ibuprofin.  Maybe a shower?  Probably a good idea.  Eye shades and earplugs ... nighty-night!  Just in time for morning flight operations at Nellis.  And the camp stage.  
View Quote

Hear that, have to decompress sometime.
Link Posted: 5/10/2024 7:10:23 AM EDT
[#16]

I will add that there will be a ton of volunteers wearing purple? shirts marked Ground Crew, who are always looking for someone seeming out of it, or having a bad time, or just needing to get pointed somewhere.  It's hard to lay down and rest, actually, as one of them would be by shortly to check.

I hope your daughter and boyfriend have a great time.  It's a bucket list item for some people.
View All Quotes
Not going but tagged for interest. Taking my kid and her boyfriend to the airport and they are attending.

Thanks. Yeah, They've been planning it for a year at least. They showed me some videos of past ones and I was Like "Nope, not for me!" but I respect their weird taste and hope they have fun.
Good to hear there is some reasonable "overwatch" with the volunteers.
Link Posted: 5/10/2024 10:00:32 AM EDT
[#17]

Thanks. Yeah, They've been planning it for a year at least. They showed me some videos of past ones and I was Like "Nope, not for me!" but I respect their weird taste and hope they have fun.
View All Quotes

Not so speak of the undercover presence, which to my eye seems not insignificant.  Anti-pickpocket teams and drug sales.

It's a fun environment, and people are friendly, except for the occasional belligerent drunken yahoo.  If they've been planning, they aren't going to be surprised, and should come home with smiles and stories.  Heck, maybe they'll have pieces of kandi some old guy and his wife gave them ...
Link Posted: 5/11/2024 9:19:34 AM EDT
[#18]
I have to admit I'm out of the loop with much of the current kids lingo. What is "Kandi" that's been mentioned several times?
I'm sure it's not like a "doobie" from the 70s or 80s?

I'll ask the kid when I see her tomorrow and see if she knows.
Link Posted: 5/11/2024 9:27:19 AM EDT
[#19]

Not so speak of the undercover presence, which to my eye seems not insignificant.  Anti-pickpocket teams and drug sales.

It's a fun environment, and people are friendly, except for the occasional belligerent drunken yahoo.  If they've been planning, they aren't going to be surprised, and should come home with smiles and stories.  Heck, maybe they'll have pieces of kandi some old guy and his wife gave them ...
View Quote

Jamey Johnson - Give It Away (Live at Farm Aid 2018)

Link Posted: 5/11/2024 9:36:03 AM EDT
[#20]
Have fun, kids! Be smart

Link Posted: 5/11/2024 10:13:18 AM EDT
[#21]
I have to admit I'm out of the loop with much of the current kids lingo. What is "Kandi" that's been mentioned several times?

View Quote

Kandi refers to inexpensive little bracelets and trinkets people give to each other commonly made out of plastic beads.  Here's an article.  It's not a drug reference.  Goofy, maybe, and not everybody does it, but it's definitely a thing.  I've had people video the exchange when I give someone one.  "OMG my first piece of kandi!" kind of thing.  It can look very nice or it can look like someone spent 30 seconds stuffing plastic beads randomly onto a string.

My wife is making a piece right now.  Her stuff looks nice.
Link Posted: 5/11/2024 10:18:41 AM EDT
[#22]
No.  Why would I want to hang out with a bunch of daiseys?
Link Posted: 5/11/2024 10:23:47 AM EDT
[#23]

Kandi refers to inexpensive little bracelets and trinkets people give to each other commonly made out of plastic beads.  Here's an article.  It's not a drug reference.  Goofy, maybe, and not everybody does it, but it's definitely a thing.  I've had people video the exchange when I give someone one.  "OMG my first piece of kandi!" kind of thing.  It can look very nice or it can look like someone spent 30 seconds stuffing plastic beads randomly onto a string.

View Quote

Ha, Got it. My mind went to a different place! Makes sense now as the box the tickets and wristbands came in had trinkets and "Kandi" in it, but I repeat myself.
You learn something new every day!
Link Posted: 5/11/2024 10:29:10 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Bigger_Hammer] [#24]
Originally Posted By AmericanPeople:
No.  Why would I want to hang out with a bunch of daiseys?
View Quote

[Doc Holiday] You're a Daisy if you do [/Doc Holiday]

Bigger_Hammer
Link Posted: 5/11/2024 10:35:37 AM EDT
[#25]
Originally Posted By C3H5N3O9:
God speed rave grandpa.  Maybe when I retire.  Pics when you get a chance!
View Quote

Link Posted: 5/11/2024 10:44:08 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Michaelson] [#26]
Originally Posted By TheWhiteHorse:
Sounds like a VERY soft target... watch out for paramotors.
View Quote

Hamas HATES these raves.

Link Posted: 5/14/2024 12:18:03 PM EDT
[#28]
Last post.  I'm working down the packing list.  (I tweak it each year and having it keeps me sane:  all the stuff to bring, closing up the house, calling the kids, etc.)

The whole thing will be livestreamed.

See you under the Electric Sky!
Link Posted: 5/14/2024 12:21:28 PM EDT
[#29]
Hope you have a killer time! It's already too damn hot in Vegas for me.
Link Posted: 5/14/2024 12:22:26 PM EDT
[#30]
It's on my bucket list, have fun!  

I can't believe Oakenfold is still spinning.
Link Posted: 5/14/2024 1:27:35 PM EDT
[#31]

Thanks, I'm really looking forward to it.

Yeah, the pics.  Getting pics from inside EDC that won't cause the GD mods to start twitching isn't trivial.

Best I can do ATM is a store photo of one of my wife's outfits this year.  I think that one's okay for GD.  Rave grandma outfit.
View Quote

Have you been there before? She is going to wind up extra crispy.
Link Posted: 5/14/2024 11:13:53 PM EDT
[Last Edit: ArmedBear] [#32]
Awesome, have a great time.  I started liking EDM back in high school (1995) - first song I recall was a cassette tape single of Haddaway - What is love.   Bought it at Sam Goody's at the mall, still have the Jeep I drove to the mall that day and listened to the tape in the parking lot.   Seems like yesterday.  

Went to Ultra Miami about 10 years back - all these folks talking about drugs/wierdos/etc, my experience wasn't like that at all.    Most of the people were just enjoying listening to the music, and yes there were a lot of younger, scantily clad ladies, who were all chill and it was well worth the money.   I'm sure there were drugs but I didn't see any of them.  This year I watched the livestream and looked about the same.  

Link Posted: 5/15/2024 2:08:52 AM EDT
[#33]

Thanks for the info. I'm not overly concerned as she's "reasonably level headed" for a millennial anyway, and he's a decent kid.
They are doing the hotel stay with no camping and AFAIK are only doing the festival thing and not other night clubs.
But you can never let your guard down.
View All Quotes

Thanks for the info. I'm not overly concerned as she's "reasonably level headed" for a millennial anyway, and he's a decent kid.
They are doing the hotel stay with no camping and AFAIK are only doing the festival thing and not other night clubs.
But you can never let your guard down.

I remember once hearing someone say that they found a $100 bill on the ground and asked like 8 people if it belonged to them. None of them claimed it and he turned it in to the lost and found.
Link Posted: 5/15/2024 2:46:50 AM EDT
[#34]
Last post.  I'm working down the packing list.  (I tweak it each year and having it keeps me sane:  all the stuff to bring, closing up the house, calling the kids, etc.)

The whole thing will be livestreamed.

See you under the Electric Sky!
View Quote

Have fun 🤩
Link Posted: 5/15/2024 4:51:00 AM EDT
[#35]
Enjoy the MDMA fueled fun.
Link Posted: 5/23/2024 4:15:58 PM EDT
[#36]
Originally Posted By Lothbrok:
Hope you have a killer time! It's already too damn hot in Vegas for me.
View Quote

It was in the 95-100 range during the days, but nights were perfect around 70.  Decent breeze on night 3.
Link Posted: 5/23/2024 4:19:33 PM EDT
[#37]
Originally Posted By showmeballer:
It's on my bucket list, have fun!  

I can't believe Oakenfold is still spinning.
View Quote

He was the first set of EDC 2024 for us.

I saw him this winter in Denver, and he was really on point.  This time he had his posse on stage -- with mikes! -- and they were dropping insane BS lines like "Paul Fucking Oakenfold!"  "This is a real DJ," and ego-pumping crap like that.  <eyeroll.gif>  It was a decent set, but I had a lot more fun dancing to Markus Schulz.
Link Posted: 5/23/2024 4:21:02 PM EDT
[#38]
Originally Posted By Ronin72:

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Ronin72:

Thanks, I'm really looking forward to it.

Yeah, the pics.  Getting pics from inside EDC that won't cause the GD mods to start twitching isn't trivial.

Best I can do ATM is a store photo of one of my wife's outfits this year.  I think that one's okay for GD.  Rave grandma outfit.

Not our first rodeo EDC.  That outfit's for the festival, which runs dusk to dawn.  During the day we rock sunshirts and hats.

She got compliments, so I'm happy.
Link Posted: 5/23/2024 4:27:48 PM EDT
[#39]
Originally Posted By Paul:
Enjoy the MDMA fueled fun.
View Quote

I'd rather interact with someone rolling than a belligerent drunk who's one perceived slight or inadvertent bump away from starting shit.  YMMV.

Yes, drugs were at EDC.  Some people did too many; some people drank themselves into the vomit buckets.  I saw some stuff.  Didn't see the naked guy at Wasteland stroking himself (I guess the beat was compelling).  Did help deal with a medical issue related to overuse at camp on Monday morning.
Link Posted: 5/23/2024 6:31:52 PM EDT
[#40]
Getting close to EDC Week now.  Electric Daisy Carnival runs 17-19 May, dusk to dawn, at the Las Vegas Speedway.  Lights, lasers, fireworks, performers, rides, massive crowds, a bunch of stages, and a wide range of outfits.  (Looking so far to be a hot one, so some of those outfits will be "outfits" -- putting it nicely.)  Jet flyovers in the morning for the campers.

It's an annual event for my wife and I.  The packing pile has started.  Anyone else going?
View Quote

Will there be Molly?
Link Posted: 5/23/2024 6:33:45 PM EDT
[#41]
If you see my girl Molly out there, let me know.

Watch out for the Cuban pick pockets that come looking for phones.
View Quote

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 5/23/2024 6:36:01 PM EDT
[#42]

View All Quotes

"Candy flipping" is!
Link Posted: 5/23/2024 6:54:00 PM EDT
[#43]
Originally Posted By CastleBravo91:

Will there be Molly?
View All Quotes
Getting close to EDC Week now.  Electric Daisy Carnival runs 17-19 May, dusk to dawn, at the Las Vegas Speedway.  Lights, lasers, fireworks, performers, rides, massive crowds, a bunch of stages, and a wide range of outfits.  (Looking so far to be a hot one, so some of those outfits will be "outfits" -- putting it nicely.)  Jet flyovers in the morning for the campers.

It's an annual event for my wife and I.  The packing pile has started.  Anyone else going?

Will there be Molly?

Molly always shows up.  At some point after they dance for a while, her friend Sara Tonin leaves.
Link Posted: 5/23/2024 6:57:52 PM EDT
[#44]

"Candy flipping" is!
View All Quotes

"Candy flipping" is!

Kandi, not candy.  

(For those who don't know, candy-flipping refers to the practice of taking MDMA and LSD in sequence to ride the subjective effects of one over into the other experience.)
Link Posted: 5/23/2024 7:00:08 PM EDT
[Last Edit: NoStockBikes] [#45]

View Quote

Yes. Just spotted this thread now.
Link Posted: 5/23/2024 7:02:57 PM EDT
[Last Edit: NoStockBikes] [#46]
Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

The EBT flag someone was rocking at Cosmic Meadow on the last night cracked me up.
Link Posted: 5/23/2024 7:55:12 PM EDT
[#47]

Molly always shows up.  At some point after they dance for a while, her friend Sara Tonin leaves.
View All Quotes

Will there be Molly?

Sara doesn't come back for a few weeks either.
Link Posted: 5/23/2024 7:57:19 PM EDT
[#48]
Originally Posted By Osprey61:

I'm out.
View Quote

How brave!  You'd be fine.
They accept gays as well.

Let's see some pix OP
Link Posted: 5/23/2024 8:02:40 PM EDT
[#49]
I raise you.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 5/23/2024 8:36:56 PM EDT
[#50]

View Quote

I considered posting the Cedric Gervais Molly song from a decade ago but probably would catch a ban for the nude-not-nude blonde...

Page / 3
Top Top