Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Hobs98:

This brought pause.
View Quote

Pardon me
.I'm not saying anything. Are you saying something,,,
Link Posted: 4/27/2024 12:46:01 AM EDT
[#2]
My parents and grandparents put money together and bought me a craftsman mechanic socket with ratchet tool set, wrenches, screwdrivers, and a dead blow hammer.   It was not a complete set up but I still have every piece except one socket.  Hammer was replaced under warranty just before Sears died.   I have used those tools for 27 years.  At least once a week I use them to fix or build something.  

I've bought each of my kids a toolset when they turned 16.  If they showed any interest I've added to the set as needed.  I don't expect them to be mechanically minded like me. If I'm working on their car I do expect them to help and learn.  

My oldest wanted to join the Army after highschool. I supported his decision.  The wife was not as enthusiastic.  His life is not mine to live
Link Posted: 4/27/2024 12:48:21 AM EDT
[#3]
Rolex Submariner
Link Posted: 4/27/2024 1:03:25 AM EDT
[#4]
Ask him.

Tell him you would like to give him something he would probably keep the rest of his  life.

My mother gave me a Chelsea Ships Bell clock, I wanted it. . Almost 50 years ago.
https://www.chelseaclock.com/collections/ships-bell-clocks-collection
Link Posted: 4/27/2024 11:27:31 AM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Sedonut:
Ask him.

Tell him you would like to give him something he would probably keep the rest of his  life.

My mother gave me a Chelsea Ships Bell clock, I wanted it. . Almost 50 years ago.
https://www.chelseaclock.com/collections/ships-bell-clocks-collection
View Quote

I want it to be a surprise so I can't ask.  I'm thinking an AR. We can put that together over the dining table. I like that clock btw. I already gave him a brass port hole window from my days in the shipbuilding industry.
Link Posted: 4/27/2024 11:36:04 AM EDT
[#6]
I was in the Army as well (11B).  My son just completed high school early in December.  He wanted to join the Air Force and is currently in BMT as we speak.
I gave him a barely used Randal knife for completing school early.

An AR would be cool, especially when you 2 set at the table, put it together and then hand it to him.

I didn’t get anything from my parents when I completed high school either.  But, I’ve always loved them and they loved me.

Just because we didn’t get anything doesn’t mean we can’t do something nice for our kids graduating.  Especially if they did decent in school and stayed away from the drugs.
Link Posted: 4/27/2024 11:43:51 AM EDT
[#7]
I plan to give my son my used Les Baer at whatever the right time is, be it a graduation, wedding, or birth of his own kid.

I bought it when he was born. I’ve carried it off and on the last 8 years of his life. It’s been with us on all our trips together.

Gotta figure out something similar for the second kid though….
Link Posted: 4/27/2024 11:50:26 AM EDT
[#8]
A good automatic watch and 1911.
Link Posted: 4/27/2024 11:53:19 AM EDT
[#9]

Not this one specifically, but what he needs, is an $87,000 gift card to the nearest large ab-initio flight school.
Link Posted: 4/27/2024 11:58:05 AM EDT
[Last Edit: midcap] [#10]
I would get him a nice Submarier and a night with a 40-50 year old Tier 1 hooker.
Link Posted: 4/27/2024 12:50:12 PM EDT
[#11]
I'm in the same situtation; we got ours a laptop for college and I'm looking for a good carry knife which we'll have engraved with a Biblical citation.  I'm also getting him a Streamlight Microstream for EDC.

Plus we're taking a family trip this summer in celebration.
Link Posted: 4/27/2024 1:00:18 PM EDT
[#12]
I would assume that he already has a quality AR and a Glock 19.

Get him a quality tomahawk and enroll him in hand to hand classes.
Page / 3
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top