Link Posted: 5/26/2024 7:40:48 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 5/26/2024 7:42:05 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 5/26/2024 7:43:41 AM EDT
[#3]

Link Posted: 5/26/2024 7:46:37 AM EDT
[#4]
Noticed this is one of those modified drone grenades with a armor perpetrator combined with a ring of buckshot.

Link Posted: 5/26/2024 7:47:31 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 5/26/2024 7:49:44 AM EDT
[Last Edit: AlmightyTallest] [#6]

Link Posted: 5/26/2024 7:51:36 AM EDT
[#7]
NSFW.

Link Posted: 5/26/2024 7:52:49 AM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 5/26/2024 7:53:42 AM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 5/26/2024 7:55:44 AM EDT
[#10]

Link Posted: 5/26/2024 7:57:21 AM EDT
[#11]

Link Posted: 5/26/2024 8:04:16 AM EDT
[#12]

Link Posted: 5/26/2024 8:18:55 AM EDT
[#13]
Attachment Attached File
Attachment Attached File

Rear aileron leading edge of 05 Blue, Shot down over Gostomel on March 20th, 2022 by AFU National guard dudes.

Link Posted: 5/26/2024 8:24:08 AM EDT
[#14]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By fadedsun:
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/51435/ka52_2_jpg-3223862.JPGhttps://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/51435/KA52_jpg-3223863.JPG

Rear aileron leading edge of 05 Blue, Shot down over Gostomel on March 20th, 2022 by AFU National guard dudes.

View Quote

Dude, that is so cool!!  
Link Posted: 5/26/2024 8:27:01 AM EDT
[#15]
NSFW.

Link Posted: 5/26/2024 8:44:11 AM EDT
[#16]
Originally Posted By AlmightyTallest:

View Quote

What's making the Kinzhals so hard to intercept?
Link Posted: 5/26/2024 8:44:54 AM EDT
[#17]

Dude, that is so cool!!  
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes

Dude, that is so cool!!  

I have been trying for 12 months to get a piece of it. Last time I missed the fuel filler door by 10$. Wasn't going to let this one get by.

I got a message from some dude named "Putin4pres" asking if he could buy it back, something about needing spare parts

NSFW.

When people say "No way Russia lost half a million" I just point to stuff like this.

Speaking strictly in armored vehicles the losses from this are worse than any conflict going back to WW2 with a good number of them combined.

Link Posted: 5/26/2024 8:45:30 AM EDT
[#18]
Originally Posted By doc540:

View Quote

Very fast and the only real systems that can intercept them are the patriots which are not in all areas. Only 3 of them in country, remember.
Link Posted: 5/26/2024 8:51:04 AM EDT
[#19]

Just one of many sources going this route.

https://www.advancednavigation.com/tech-articles/how-ai-revolutionising-inertial-navigation/
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By fervid_dryfire:
Originally Posted By Bogdan:

The lower CEP for INS would be awesome,  but the thing that really holds back INS accuracy is drift- especially over longer flight times.  

I don't have a solution besides installing a *really* precise and real-time weather tracker/compiler on board.

Bigger better laser gyroscope?

Blended with some kind of all-in-one pitot tube omni-sensor, maybe.  

On a related note: it would be equal parts neat and terrifying if there was a way to supplement INS with AI guidance.

https://www.advancednavigation.com/tech-articles/how-ai-revolutionising-inertial-navigation/

I'm not desensitized to AI being integrated into so many different technologies, but am certainly less surprised each time I learn of it.  

Link Posted: 5/26/2024 8:53:24 AM EDT
[#20]

I have been trying for 12 months to get a piece of it. Last time I missed the fuel filler door by 10$. Wasn't going to let this one get by.

I got a message from some dude named "Putin4pres" asking if he could buy it back, something about needing spare parts

When people say "No way Russia lost half a million" I just point to stuff like this.

Speaking strictly in armored vehicles the losses from this are worse than any conflict going back to WW2 with a good number of them combined.

View All Quotes

Dude, that is so cool!!  

NSFW.

What in the Sam Hill did they drop through that tank hatch??  Looked only to be rhe size of a grenade!  😱
Link Posted: 5/26/2024 8:55:12 AM EDT
[#21]
Originally Posted By Saltwater-Hillbilly:
China Pressures Afghanistan's Taliban to Stop Attacks on it's Interests in Pakistan

So much for China being smarter/more capable than the US.  Stevie Wonder saw this coming from a mile away.
View Quote

I would think China would be more willing to go full Mao on Afghanistan- which wouldn't necessarily be smarter, but would get them the results they want.

At least for the interim.

Also, what are the odds that Pakistan is facilitating these attacks to some degree?
Link Posted: 5/26/2024 8:58:38 AM EDT
[#22]

View All Quotes

Speed, altitude, and things like that.   Same problem Israel had when intercepting Iranian ballistic missiles.  They require more advanced solutions to solve the problem, and Israel was well equipped to solve that problem.  Russian S-300 and S-400 systems are having troubles against drones and ATACMS missiles, and this is the same basic problem for any Ukrainian S-300 systems.   Only Patriot and SAMP-T are in the area now that are capable of reliably intercepting The Iksander-M and Khinzal.   Plus those Patriots and SAMP-T need to be in the area under attack to intercept them.   That is why Ukaine wanted more Patriots, so they could put more missile shield umbrellas over more cities to protect from these particular Russian missiles.
Link Posted: 5/26/2024 8:59:43 AM EDT
[#23]

I'm not desensitized to AI being integrated into so many different technologies, but am certainly less surprised each time I learn of it.  

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Bogdan:

The lower CEP for INS would be awesome,  but the thing that really holds back INS accuracy is drift- especially over longer flight times.  

I don't have a solution besides installing a *really* precise and real-time weather tracker/compiler on board.

Bigger better laser gyroscope?

Blended with some kind of all-in-one pitot tube omni-sensor, maybe.  

On a related note: it would be equal parts neat and terrifying if there was a way to supplement INS with AI guidance.

Me too, it is amazing how fast it is evolving and being integrated in various ways.
Link Posted: 5/26/2024 9:01:43 AM EDT
[Last Edit: AlmightyTallest] [#24]

Link Posted: 5/26/2024 9:02:51 AM EDT
[#25]
Originally Posted By Prime:
Just a heads up on Perpetua's vehicle loss posts.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/GOTA86hXoAE0Oqg?format=jpg&name=large
View Quote

I don't get it: he won't post vehicle loss statistics because the Faithless guy reposts it?  Because of his ego?

Surely there's more going on than that.  

I'm really going to miss those overwhelmingly-red reports.
Link Posted: 5/26/2024 9:05:23 AM EDT
[#26]

I don't get it: he won't post vehicle loss statistics because the Faithless guy reposts it?  Because of his ego?

View All Quotes

He seems to have decided to continue making them.
Link Posted: 5/26/2024 9:11:08 AM EDT
[#27]
Originally Posted By Brok3n:
View Quote

Mm hmm, yeah right. Sushko is a source I need corroboration for.
Link Posted: 5/26/2024 9:13:47 AM EDT
[#28]

Very fast and the only real systems that can intercept them are the patriots which are not in all areas. Only 3 of them in country, remember.
View All Quotes

SAMP/T maybe too.
Link Posted: 5/26/2024 9:15:05 AM EDT
[#29]

View All Quotes

Some Grade A propaganda material too.  I'm certain the orcs read it.
Link Posted: 5/26/2024 9:30:27 AM EDT
[#30]

Link Posted: 5/26/2024 9:38:24 AM EDT
[#31]

View All Quotes

He and a few others just look at every piece of Russian and Ukrainian footage put out each day and count the damage and losses.  It is what it is as long you understand how they are using the sources.
Link Posted: 5/26/2024 9:39:00 AM EDT
[#32]

lol.
Link Posted: 5/26/2024 9:40:20 AM EDT
[#33]

Link Posted: 5/26/2024 9:42:28 AM EDT
[#34]
Link Posted: 5/26/2024 9:43:51 AM EDT
[#35]
Link Posted: 5/26/2024 9:52:17 AM EDT
[#36]

He and a few others just look at every piece of Russian and Ukrainian footage put out each day and count the damage and losses.  It is what it is as long you understand how they are using the sources.
View All Quotes

Didn't mean to imply it wasn't accurate, just that it is powerful information effective at painting a dim picture for orc readers.
Link Posted: 5/26/2024 10:54:51 AM EDT
[#37]

Link Posted: 5/26/2024 10:55:29 AM EDT
[Last Edit: MFP_4073] [#38]
Originally Posted By sawgunner73:

It was a legitimate question. I'm 50 and I would be fighting to join if they attacked my town like that. Just asking if there was an increase in enlistments.
View Quote

you have to remember -- as others have mentioned they have been at war for over 2 years.  tens of thousands -- like you -- have already volunteered.  

now they are having to find the others -- who for a variety of reasons -- have not

its easy to say some are 'draft dodgers' -- but many have businesses -- unique jobs / difficult to replace civilian skills.  family issues.  legal issues.  health issues.  etc.

its a tough situation but they are addressing it
Link Posted: 5/26/2024 10:57:16 AM EDT
[#39]

View Quote

The Faithless guy only has a couple hundred followers, why is Andrew even wasting his time worrying about him?
Link Posted: 5/26/2024 11:02:36 AM EDT
[#40]

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/GOeV241XQAAwbqj?format=jpg&name=medium

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/GOZAyUXWIAAwBV0?format=jpg&name=large
View Quote

Russia kept volaing turkish airspace so Turkey shot down a russian fighter. I believe the incursions stopped. US told Russia to back off with its paramilitary units in Syria so Trump ordered combined arms Hulk Smash on them.... and we had no more problems.

I pretty sure Taiwan is capable of knocking out Chinese assets that are violating territorial waters. They should learn a lesson. Nothing like a few sunk ships and down aircraft to send a message.
Link Posted: 5/26/2024 11:17:34 AM EDT
[Last Edit: michigan66] [#41]
This is a first for me--IDF "droned" a Hezbollah militant on a motorcycle earlier today.

The military confirms carrying out a drone strike earlier today against a Hezbollah operative in southern Lebanon's Naqoura.

According to the IDF, the operative was identified leaving a building previously known to be used by the terror group, A short while later he was targeted and killed.

A separate strike targeted two more Hezbollah operatives in Ayta ash-Shab, the IDF adds.
View Quote

Link Posted: 5/26/2024 11:19:25 AM EDT
[#42]

As stated: “Installation of anti-drone nets over critical infrastructure facilities in Moscow, Russia”
View Quote
Link Posted: 5/26/2024 11:38:00 AM EDT
[#43]
Link Posted: 5/26/2024 11:51:00 AM EDT
[#44]

5 AKs mounted on a frame as anti drone weapon.

Orc mil bloggers are pissed.
Link Posted: 5/26/2024 11:56:00 AM EDT
[#45]

I've noticed that in recent days the Russian psychological operation, which I would call "There is no hope" like a spider's web, has been spreading to the media.....

The "operation" is just a continuation of an attempt to influence and disrupt the holding of a major peace conference on Ukraine, that was announced in Lucerne, Switzerland in mid-June.

A few days ago, I pointed out the attempts of the Russian side to directly influence the conference and its eventual conclusions.

From Putin's frequent "calls for negotiations and peace", to trying to organize a similar conference to be held by the countries of the "servants of evil" on the initiative of Brazil and China.

Now the propagators have kicked it into higher gear, only today there have been two articles, one by "Sky News" about the large production of grenades that Russia has and the other pointing to the large production of ballistic missiles......

Both articles were created with the goal and intention of suggesting to the public the "necessity" of ending the war in Ukraine in favor of Russia, "negotiations" and retention of territories, because with such Russian production "any further resistance is redundant and futile"

I will just briefly reflect on one passage from the article

"Russia is expected to produce or restore about 4.5 million artillery grenades this year, while European countries and the United States are expected to produce a total of about 1.3 million." "

It is also mentioned that western grenade costs 4 times as much...... and all this while emphasizing that the west cannot reach and have such production.

First of all, 4.5 million grenades can be just an unfulfilled Russian dream. Comparing Russian production to whether the whole west can produce so much is ridiculous.

The question is not whether the west CAN produce that much, but DOES the west WANT to produce that much.

USA and EU have 840 million inhabitants compared to the declared 146 million Russians (actual data for Russia is far lower).

Economic itself the European Union is 5 times stronger in GDP than Russia, the USA is almost 6 times.

And lastly the most important ...... for any army to fire so many millions of artillery grenades, it must have an artillery production and it is getting less and less because the production nearly does not satisfy and does not cover everyday losses on the battlefield.

Since the beginning of the war, Russia has been losing on average 517 artillery tools a month, and if we add to that the necessary replacements of artillery tubes and spare parts, making up for these losses is impossible.

Not even with the transition to the war industry, subjugation of everything and everything, Russia cannot keep up with its entire arms manufacturing industry, which by the way costs very, very much a lot.

Whose economy can more easily withstand such burdens, judge for yourself, I emphasize, it is only about the West's willing moment, both political and military.
Link Posted: 5/26/2024 12:06:52 PM EDT
[Last Edit: ArmyInfantryVet] [#46]

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/GOfa49kWkAEBZEZ?format=jpg&name=large
View Quote

"Ve crush your ATACM rockets! You waste themselves on our glorious airfields and factories! Ve stop every last one, da? You fire, ve catch!"
Link Posted: 5/26/2024 12:11:26 PM EDT
[#47]
Originally Posted By MFP_4073:

you have to remember -- as others have mentioned they have been at war for over 2 years.  tens of thousands -- like you -- have already volunteered.  

now they are having to find the others -- who for a variety of reasons -- have not

its easy to say some are 'draft dodgers' -- but many have businesses -- unique jobs / difficult to replace civilian skills.  family issues.  legal issues.  health issues.  etc.

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By sawgunner73:

It was a legitimate question. I'm 50 and I would be fighting to join if they attacked my town like that. Just asking if there was an increase in enlistments.

False. Ukraine has been in active combat with Russian forces (“little green men” with strangely advanced artillery, armor, air cav, and SAM systems! for 10 years….since 2014.
Link Posted: 5/26/2024 1:02:48 PM EDT
[#48]

Didn't mean to imply it wasn't accurate, just that it is powerful information effective at painting a dim picture for orc readers.
View All Quotes

I know what you mean, it certainly has proven to point to a particular Ukrainian superiority  with small drones when coupled with other Russian and Ukrainian sources
Link Posted: 5/26/2024 1:03:52 PM EDT
[Last Edit: MFP_4073] [#49]
Originally Posted By ServusVeritatis:

False. Ukraine has been in active combat with Russian forces (“little green men” with strangely advanced artillery, armor, air cav, and SAM systems! for 10 years….since 2014.
View Quote

speaking specifically about this 2022 invasion and the unique demands on Ukrainian manpower -- conscription, draft age, convict enlistees, mobilization, etc

before this invasion -- 'usual' methods of staffing the military were sufficient.    of course you are correct in terms of the overall history of the conflict.
Link Posted: 5/26/2024 1:22:06 PM EDT
[Last Edit: ServusVeritatis] [#50]

speaking specifically about this 2022 invasion and the unique demands on Ukrainian manpower -- conscription, draft age, convict enlistees, mobilization, etc

before this invasion -- 'usual' methods of staffing the military were sufficient.    of course you are correct in terms of the overall history of the conflict.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By ServusVeritatis:

I took his “question” as a backhanded attempt to say the Ukrainian people weren’t patriotic or wanting to fight when their sons, bros, fathers have been in voluntary combat with Russians for a decade.

8yrs prior to the west even caring or giving “real” support to them.
Page / 145
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top