Originally Posted By AlmightyTallest:

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/GNQninRWcAA9U9N?format=jpg&name=4096x4096
View Quote

I'm strangely ok with that....

Link Posted: 5/11/2024 4:03:58 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By ArmyInfantryVet:

Some footage of them take direct hits. Any idea what it was? fpvs?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By ArmyInfantryVet:
T-90 getting DPICM.

Some footage of them take direct hits. Any idea what it was? fpvs?

Yeah, I think some fpv hits on them afterwards.
Link Posted: 5/11/2024 4:13:25 PM EDT
[#4]

Link Posted: 5/11/2024 4:14:02 PM EDT
[#5]
With the massive amounts of artillery being destroyed, I rarely see any footage of those losses. Are they just not as sexy to post as tanks and IFVs?
Link Posted: 5/11/2024 4:14:53 PM EDT
[#6]
Originally Posted By voyager3:

What does this turtle stuff do to their survivability against the traditional anti-tank weaponry though?
View Quote

EFP will punch right thru it
Link Posted: 5/11/2024 4:17:06 PM EDT
[#7]
Originally Posted By NDWoods:
With the massive amounts of artillery being destroyed, I rarely see any footage of those losses. Are they just not as sexy to post as tanks and IFVs?
View Quote

I see lots of big cook-off hits.
Link Posted: 5/11/2024 4:18:54 PM EDT
[#8]

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/GNRY9fzXcAA54X0?format=jpg&name=large
View Quote

It's nice to see us take a page out of the PLA's A2/AD strategy. Finally. Need far more of them and in more places too.
Link Posted: 5/11/2024 4:19:04 PM EDT
[#9]
View Quote

What I have heard is there is less video due to them being a lot further behind the lines.
Link Posted: 5/11/2024 4:49:20 PM EDT
[#10]
Originally Posted By Jozsi:

You'd be surprised how many love slurping that delicious russian cock.

View Quote

Dont worry if they take that cock out of their mouth long enough to yell "Protecting western values!!!!" its not gay.
Link Posted: 5/11/2024 4:50:14 PM EDT
[#11]
46 minutes ago.

Link Posted: 5/11/2024 4:53:36 PM EDT
[#12]
Originally Posted By Easterner:

Please enlighten us as to what is being said.
View Quote

TLDR we are getting buttfucked, shit is FUBAR please help WTF we dying
Link Posted: 5/11/2024 5:15:25 PM EDT
[#13]
Originally Posted By kbi:
Just imagine what a pla merc says when he sees a drone barreling down at him

View Quote

In keeping with the thread subject, what is the Chinese equivalent of 'cyka blyat!'?
Link Posted: 5/11/2024 5:22:20 PM EDT
[#14]
Originally Posted By Lieh-tzu:

In keeping with the thread subject, what is the Chinese equivalent of 'cyka blyat!'?
View Quote

Hey I made those components!
Link Posted: 5/11/2024 5:26:37 PM EDT
[#15]

What does this turtle stuff do to their survivability against the traditional anti-tank weaponry though?
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By stone-age:

Yeah, they will. And then and then those tanks will be pretty much impervious to the Ukrainian fpv attacks. And those tanks will be very effective at storming Ukrainian trenches. Somebody better be figuring this out.

And probably make them more vulnerable to other weapons.  Not to mention kill visibility and probably cause a bunch of other issues.  For example, Situational Awareness from inside a tank can be challenging even in the best of times with the most modern designs (of which the Soviet-based stuff is generally not). Adding a tin shed on top of them will do them no favors in avoiding ambushes or minefields, especially since driving around the battlefield in a barn does nothing at all to reduce your vulnerability to surveillance.
Link Posted: 5/11/2024 5:44:13 PM EDT
[#16]
I would love to see what happens if a Javelin hits a turtle.

The distance between the shed and the tank is huge compared with other add-on armor.
Link Posted: 5/11/2024 6:24:26 PM EDT
[#17]

Yeah, they will. And then and then those tanks will be pretty much impervious to the Ukrainian fpv attacks. And those tanks will be very effective at storming Ukrainian trenches. Somebody better be figuring this out.
View Quote

Stungas, TOWs, Jav's and NLAWs better start arriving again.
Link Posted: 5/11/2024 6:29:16 PM EDT
[Last Edit: ITCHY-FINGER] [#18]
View Quote

Good point. And you are probably correct, no cool secondaries or troops flying about. Plus they may include small arty like mortars into the stats. Still, I would expect to see some dramatic vids from arty kills sometimes.

Edit: The post above talking about most arty kills being further behind the lines and less likely to be filmed makes more sense.
Link Posted: 5/11/2024 6:31:56 PM EDT
[#19]
Originally Posted By 4xGM300m:

The distance between the shed and the tank is huge compared with other add-on armor.
View Quote

Same. I'm guessing (hoping) that the EFP slug will still penetrate to top of the tank. I also worry about targeting since the actual tank is somewhat obscured by the shed.
Link Posted: 5/11/2024 6:46:03 PM EDT
[#20]
Originally Posted By ITCHY-FINGER:

Still, I would expect to see some dramatic vids from arty kills sometimes.

View Quote

Dozens of these videos were posted in the old thread.

Link Posted: 5/11/2024 6:51:49 PM EDT
[#21]

Same. I'm guessing (hoping) that the EFP slug will still penetrate to top of the tank. I also worry about targeting since the actual tank is somewhat obscured by the shed.
View All Quotes

Javelin has a classic HEAT and not an EFP warhead.

Link Posted: 5/11/2024 9:12:12 PM EDT
[#22]
Link Posted: 5/11/2024 9:47:02 PM EDT
[#23]
Link Posted: 5/11/2024 11:09:20 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Prime] [#24]
Russian scuttlebutt

Military training from Guinea-Bissau will take place in Chechnya. Ramzan Kadyrov reported this.
https://t.me/tass_agency/248134

Valery Gerasimov will soon leave his post.
For now as commander of the Northern Military District.
And it is possible because of the Kherson direction.

2️⃣0️⃣5️⃣

https://t.me/mototroopers_205/1282

Link Posted: 5/11/2024 11:10:25 PM EDT
[#25]
Link Posted: 5/11/2024 11:50:07 PM EDT
[#26]

(Seriously though, good stuff in here- Mi-24s, Krasnopol on M1A1, and crowdfunded drones get a Russian drone team.)
View Quote

Link Posted: 5/11/2024 11:57:14 PM EDT
[#27]

🛑 District n.p. Liptsi: the Muscovites actually occupied the villages of Strelecha-Krasne-Pylna-Borysivka, they are moving into the red zone. Katsaps are trying to gain a foothold in Morokhovets-Oliynikove-Lukkyantsi-Zelene settlements. Battles continue for Hlyboke, which is the last n.p. the main task for the Russians in that area is to occupy Liptsi.

🛑 District n.p. Vovchansk: Katsaps occupied the settlement of Pletenivka and are moving towards Vovchansk. They are trying to gain a foothold in the villages of Ohirtseve-Hatishche-Staritsa-Bugruvatka. A large number of infantry were seen near the latter two today, and fighting continues. Katsaps have reached the northern outskirts of the city of Vovchansk, are trying to gain a foothold, and fighting is also ongoing. Our fighters meet the enemy with fire.

⚔️ The situation continues to get more complicated. The enemy is gradually bringing more and more forces into our territory, infantry is constantly entering, advancing in groups to populated areas and trying to gain a foothold there, saturate and continue the movement. A small amount of equipment, artillery, aviation, as well as a large activity of UAVs and EW are present as support. The Defense Forces are trying to stop the enemy, causing damage. It is necessary to pay more attention to this region and finally establish communication or the enemy will have even more success, which will lead to very negative consequences.

📋 Although the main task of the enemy is to divert attention from other areas, without the introduction of reserves, the situation can become extremely dire. The enemy understands this and the current situation increasingly forces the Defense Forces to intervene in this area.

https://twitter.com/Deepstate_UA/status/1789433521473282080
Link Posted: 5/12/2024 12:04:08 AM EDT
[#28]
Originally Posted By Bogdan:

Dont worry if they take that cock out of their mouth long enough to yell "Protecting western values!!!!" its not gay.
View Quote

WTF are you talking about?
Link Posted: 5/12/2024 1:17:08 AM EDT
[#29]
Originally Posted By Tacosis:

WTF are you talking about?
View Quote

Arf thinks it's not gay to slob Putin's knob so long as you say you're protecting western values first.

It's the "no homo" of Arf.
Link Posted: 5/12/2024 1:27:04 AM EDT
[#30]
Originally Posted By Bogdan:

View Quote

Link Posted: 5/12/2024 2:26:32 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Capta] [#31]
Georgia Dream party running the Russian playbook:

Eto Buziashvili - Georgian Dream Party Follows the Kremlin Playbook and Unleashes Extreme Violence

A look inside Ukrainian SOF selection process:

7 Days of Hell: Captivity, Interrogations, Battles. The Special Operations Forces Recruitment Trials

Mostly pretty recent footage, but not necessarily new.  Basically a high-quality “greatest hits.”  Annoying narration though.

Link Posted: 5/12/2024 2:31:13 AM EDT
[#32]
Originally Posted By michigan66:

Good thing the article doesn't blame Russia for everything.  The article is straight forward and describes how "fake news" is generated in Muslim countries like Pakistan and Malaysia then is picked up and amplified, sometimes by organizations linked to Russia like Doppleganger or gullible news organizations throughout the world.   Also, the target audience is not simply the West.

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By michigan66:
Originally Posted By dedreckon:Got no problem with that. I do have a problem with people blaming russia for every bit of propaganda and misinfo we in the West have. As I hope we all know, most of the sabotage of the west is coming from elites who hate western values and hate average people.

Good thing the article doesn't blame Russia for everything.  The article is straight forward and describes how "fake news" is generated in Muslim countries like Pakistan and Malaysia then is picked up and amplified, sometimes by organizations linked to Russia like Doppleganger or gullible news organizations throughout the world.   Also, the target audience is not simply the West.

Thanks and I know you don't post dumb stuff. The ME and Arabs seem to be ground zero for all sorts of conspiracy theories and misinfo (blood of children for Matzo balls, etc) and so it's ripe for Russian Info Ops and all that bleeds into US and EU media because they are so pro-muslim now, which always pisses me off. But at least we do get to the truth most days.

I think you are right that the info ops Russia pushes are probably having an effect in India and Asia, which will impact how the US forms alliances against China. Not good if we want to ally Malaysia and Indonesia with us and their Muslim population starts rioting when we do port calls or something similar.
Link Posted: 5/12/2024 2:41:26 AM EDT
[#33]
Link Posted: 5/12/2024 3:51:34 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Capta] [#34]
EXTREMELY NSFW.  Two kamikazes wound two Russians out of a squad.  One probably expires on his own.  The second puts a grenade down his shirt and helps things along.

Series of articles by US think tank about exploiting areas of Russian vulnerability.  Haven’t had the time to read them yet, so can’t vouch for or discuss them yet.

Volgograd oil refinery hit!

More footage of Volgograd refinery hits

Pretty awesome footage from Belgograd region.  UA kamikaze filmed hovering 13KM from the border before diving into an armored car right in front of them.  Great footage!

Visual confirmation that the “unknown missile” filmed hitting Belgorod last night was a Russian SAM.  This video captures it from almost launch to impact.

Aftermath of Russian SAM hit in residential area of Belgorod

Kamikaze strikes on Russian troops, transport, and trenches.  Also a rare horizontal drone bomber strike

Several drone drops on Russian troops, probably same area.

UA multipurpose ground drone testing.  Still pics.

UA SOF trooper standing over some dead Russians (stills)

Older (but new) footage from Avdiivka.  Destroyed Russian BMP with dead strewn around and one mangled in the tracks.

Russian films his recently-hit buildings.  Burning small arms and secondaries.  Speculate it was a GLMRS/Artillery/JDAM strike.  Oddly picturesque.

Two captured Russian in Kharkiv

Dude on fire video from yesterday now being attributed to Baba Yaga laying AT mines

Russian GRAD vaporized by something.  Doesn’t look like a GMLRS.

Russian tank and MTLB disabled by unknown means, crews and infantry bail and get drone drops.  Likely quite a few wounded.  Both vehicles cleaned up by grenade drops.

Ukrainian 2S7 Pion and some wishful thinking

A few British Spartans in Ukraine

BREM-1 and TOS-1 destroyed by kamikazes

Russian IL-76 being pushed back BY HAND.  I think they’re gonna need a longer runway.

UA POV of their position.

Long conversation with two Russian prisoners in the field.  No captions.

General translation from comments:
The third assault unit captured the deputy platoon commander, the senior sergeant of the 752nd regiment of the Russian Federation!
The Russians were captured near Raigorodka, Luhansk region, fighters of the 2nd mech battalion of the Third Assault Brigade. During an attempt to storm our forward positions, the enemy was defeated, and 28 invaders were irretrievably destroyed.
These two were lucky to survive and believed that they were on their way to fortification. Although, according to their commanders, it is more likely to "reset".
The first impressions of those who replenished the exchange fund are in the video from the front line from the commander of the 2nd mechbat Vara.
More details - later on the Third Sturmova channel.
We hold the defense of the front edge and do not allow the enemy to advance!
3rd OShBr | Instagram | Facebook | YouTube | ab3.army | TikTok | Support the Third Assault 🇺🇦

Russian mineroller tank brews up from unknown cause.  You can see at least one crewman running at the beginning.

Reported as an Orlan-10 shot down by .50 DSHK

Kamikaze strikes on Russian transport.  Mystery Machine burning.

Drone drops on Russian positions.  NSFW for Russians on fire.

Series of drone drops on Russian troops

Several near-miss drone drops on Russians, and likely fatalities.

Drone cleanup on a few abandoned Russian vehicles

Kamikazes destroy Russian MTLB and tank.  Tank might’ve been occupied when it brewed up.

Ghost Rider Loaf.  Too bad the spotter view isn’t better.

Drone drop nails a supply-carrying Russian.

EXTREMELY NSFW.  BRUTAL drone drop and Russian on fire.

Russian in trench picks up some frag from drone drops before a kamikaze finishes him off.

Lucky/accurate thermal drone drop scores a direct hit/close miss on a Russian

Series of strikes on Russian transport

Series of kamikaze hits on Russian trenches, troops, and transport

Kamikaze strikes on Russian Grad, transport, and mortar

Kamikaze direct-hits Russian among the trees.

Series of kamikaze strikes on Russian troops and transport on a stretch of road.

Very close thermal drone drops on a couple of Russians

Close drone drop very badly wounds a lone Russian.

Russian standing around gets a kamikaze visit.
Link Posted: 5/12/2024 5:28:35 AM EDT
[#35]
Link Posted: 5/12/2024 7:34:08 AM EDT
[#36]

Link Posted: 5/12/2024 7:38:44 AM EDT
[#37]
View All Quotes

As local Russian Volgograd media say:

“A fire at an oil refinery, caused by the fall of a downed drone, occurred at the ELOU AVT-1, a primary oil refining unit with a capacity of six million tons of oil per year, which was put into operation only in 2015.”

Link Posted: 5/12/2024 8:15:48 AM EDT
[#38]
Originally Posted By Saltwater-Hillbilly:

And probably make them more vulnerable to other weapons.  Not to mention kill visibility and probably cause a bunch of other issues.  For example, Situational Awareness from inside a tank can be challenging even in the best of times with the most modern designs (of which the Soviet-based stuff is generally not). Adding a tin shed on top of them will do them no favors in avoiding ambushes or minefields, especially since driving around the battlefield in a barn does nothing at all to reduce your vulnerability to surveillance.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Saltwater-Hillbilly:

Probably have a quad copter hovering above to guide them.
Link Posted: 5/12/2024 8:16:59 AM EDT
[#39]
Link Posted: 5/12/2024 8:17:45 AM EDT
[#40]

Link Posted: 5/12/2024 8:19:38 AM EDT
[#41]
Link Posted: 5/12/2024 8:19:56 AM EDT
[#42]
View Quote

The SK Ponard which was spiral development of AKPWS has a IIR seeker.
Link Posted: 5/12/2024 8:20:27 AM EDT
[Last Edit: AlmightyTallest] [#43]

primary distillation process units took a direct hit and is burning quite nicely.
View Quote

Link Posted: 5/12/2024 8:24:12 AM EDT
[#44]
Originally Posted By R0N:

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By R0N:

Thanks for that, I had to look it up and found more info on the tests conducted a few years ago.

https://www.janes.com/defence-news/news-detail/south-koreas-poniard-guided-rocket-system-passes-pentagons-foreign-comparative-testing#:~:text=The%20Poniard%2C%20which%20has%20now,18%20rockets%20in%20each%20launcher

The Defense Acquisition Program Administration (DAPA) in Seoul announced on 7 April that the locally developed road-mobile weapon system hit all 10 designated targets and met all US requirements during an FCT session held in South Korea in October 2019 that was attended by US DoD experts.

The 70 mm (2.75 inch) system, which was developed by the Agency for Defense Development and South Korean defence company LIG Nex1 to simultaneously engage multiple fast-moving maritime targets, is currently operated by the Republic of Korea Marine Corps (RoKMC) as a mobile coastal defence system and is expected to replace older South Korean coastal defence systems by 2024.

The Poniard, which has now the become the first such South Korean system to pass the Pentagon’s FCT, has a ‘fire-and-forget’ capability, a stated maximum range of 8 km, and can carry a total of 36 rockets in two separate launchers (18 rockets in each launcher).

As operated by the RoKMC the Poniard is integrated into a 6×6 Kia KM250 military truck that is equipped with the necessary target detection and launch control systems that allow it to operate as a standalone system.
Link Posted: 5/12/2024 8:25:15 AM EDT
[#45]

Javelin has a classic HEAT and not an EFP warhead.

View Quote

I'm talking as a novice...and I consider all shaped-charge warheads to work by firing a slug (usually copper) into and through armor and the distance to the armor face is important. I understand that the term EFP refers to a type of weapon that aims a large slug, fired by HE, that goes relatively far (dozens of meters) to hit a target. I'm using the term interchangeably.
Link Posted: 5/12/2024 8:27:59 AM EDT
[Last Edit: AlmightyTallest] [#46]

These SHORAD guys are going to be so busy with various configurations.
Link Posted: 5/12/2024 8:29:41 AM EDT
[Last Edit: AlmightyTallest] [#47]
Filmed from the ground perspective.  Noted to be 14km behind the front lines as well.

Link Posted: 5/12/2024 8:34:09 AM EDT
[#48]

Link Posted: 5/12/2024 8:37:55 AM EDT
[#49]

Link Posted: 5/12/2024 8:43:29 AM EDT
[#50]
Page / 116
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top