Page / 116
Link Posted: 5/10/2024 5:52:35 PM EDT
[#1]

Link Posted: 5/10/2024 5:53:50 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By lorazepam:
View Quote

No surprise at all. Adventure and money. Americans are not the only ones who like that stuff.
Link Posted: 5/10/2024 6:02:42 PM EDT
[#3]
Originally Posted By AlmightyTallest:
View Quote

Wow they just kept coming out! Like termites. Hopefully all had TBI.
Link Posted: 5/10/2024 6:08:17 PM EDT
[#4]
⚔️ Exclusive video of the fight with the Muscovites in the area of ​​n.p. Solovyov, which was shared by the fighters of the 47th OMBr

📋 On these frames, you can view one of the daily episodes of repelling the assault of Muscovites in the Solovyovo area. And here everyone has the opportunity to contemplate the small moments of the great battle in the Ocheretyny area, which have become routine for the Ukrainian military.

🔥 In this assault, the enemy used 3 vehicles and a group of infantry. First, the first T-90M flew into the village, which was met by our fighters with damage from "American democracy" and FPV drones. He symbolically stalled near the yellow-blue sign n.p. At this time, a group of infantry entered the village for further reinforcement, which at first walked as if on the beach, and then sped up after seeing the drones overhead. Artillery began to work in the village.

🗡 After some time, another T-90M tank joined the assault, which, after entering the village, received two hits, but, unfortunately, remained on the move. After feigning an "assault", he turned 180 degrees and began to run away. At that time, a third tank was coming to help, but at the entrance it was met by artillery and he suddenly changed his mind. Both gave back, but were overtaken by drones. Visual surveillance was continued behind the infantry, but she did not live there for a long time.

☠️ This is how another unsuccessful attack by the Muscovites ended, but such assaults happen all the time. And everyone can see with what efforts our fighters stand in defense of our country.

🫡 Participating, in particular, was the fighters of the Bozha Sprava unit, the Strike Drones Company unit, the BpAK 2MB Ignis Vindicta group. And of course, it is worth noting the work of the artillerymen who fed American democracy to the occupiers.

https://twitter.com/Deepstate_UA/status/1788862457420579027
??????????? ????? ??? 47-? ???? ? ??????????? ? ?????? ???? ?????????
Link Posted: 5/10/2024 6:21:54 PM EDT
[#5]
Originally Posted By 4xGM300m:
https://i.imgur.com/tO2w5RM.png

Drone hit on the Superturtle. Allegedly 8 hits without damage on the tank.

https://i.imgur.com/rQtOCG1.jpeg
View Quote

Eventually they will perfect a design and we will see a lot more.
Link Posted: 5/10/2024 6:25:41 PM EDT
[#6]
Originally Posted By Inneedofhelp:

As some have already realized, we are already in the third world war.  I watched a video of a squad of volunteers fighting for Ukraine destroy some Russian infantry while taking a small hill.  There was someone from Canada/US/Australia/UK, at least one for each country.  They killed something like 20 Russian soldiers and took two casualties shot, no fatalities.  Now we have the possibility of people from those same countries fighting Chinese soldiers fighting for their ally, Russia.  

We just need things to go hot in East Asia/the western pacific, in order for the charade to end, just like it ended when Putin finally used the regular Russian military to invade Ukraine, instead of using “little green men” with obviously Russian infantry equipment but no insignia to take Crimea, and supporting the insurgency in Donbas.
View Quote

I think you will fit in nicely in this thread...
Link Posted: 5/10/2024 6:26:31 PM EDT
[#7]
Originally Posted By R0N:

If it is using RIM7s, those are very short ranged and only good for point defense.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By R0N:
Originally Posted By Brok3n:

These Buk systems have been fairly useless near the frontlines as they seem to have no game for loitering munitions on either side of their use. Best reserved for taking down Shaheeds near critical infrastructure.

If it is using RIM7s, those are very short ranged and only good for point defense.

As you are well aware, ADA cannot defend everything; at least in a Point Defense role they can defend something!  Based on BuK performance and loss rate to date, the crews are worth more than the system. It doesn't hurt to put them defending a major power plant, troop concentration or something until you can get the crews manning something more effective, like an AVENGER or SAMP-T or even an I-HAWK or Improved S-200!
Link Posted: 5/10/2024 6:29:34 PM EDT
[#8]
Originally Posted By ITCHY-FINGER:

View Quote

Acid and enough thermite would screw it up
Link Posted: 5/10/2024 6:37:42 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Prime] [#9]
We're Back!: Ukraine Update 2024-05-10

DIU, in English
This is very good. Includes the raids on ZNPP and Nova Kakhovka, the Black Sea/Boyko Towers platforms, and Sea Babies.
War for the sea: from Dnipro to Crimea

?????? ? ????????: ?? ??? ??????? ????? ??????. ????????? ????? ?????????? ?? ?????????. ??????? 1.
Link Posted: 5/10/2024 6:46:30 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 5/10/2024 6:52:43 PM EDT
[#11]

So if they win this war will they have golf carts in the victory day parade from now on?
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Lieh-tzu:

Because they lack the capacity to manufacture their own golf carts?

So if they win this war will they have golf carts in the victory day parade from now on?

Well, they are about as impressive and the old repainted T34-85 they ran down the road. just like last year.
Link Posted: 5/10/2024 6:52:57 PM EDT
[#12]
Holy shit, it's reverse Jenga with drones.

Suicide drones are a veteran field in the Russia-Ukraine war and there are a variety of types, anti-tank, thermobaric, explosive, spray, etc.
Now a new type is being exposed, super heavy drones whose purpose is to collapse buildings on enemy forces, whether one drone to collapse a small house, or several drones that can collapse a building.

Link Posted: 5/10/2024 7:02:21 PM EDT
[#13]
Originally Posted By K0UA:

Well, they are about as impressive and the old repainted T34-85 they ran down the road. just like last year.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By K0UA:
Originally Posted By Lieh-tzu:

Because they lack the capacity to manufacture their own golf carts?

The T-34 broke down on the parade ground.

Link Posted: 5/10/2024 7:11:13 PM EDT
[Last Edit: michigan66] [#14]
Firefighters trying to extinguish blazes that broke out following rocket barrages at Kiryat Shmona
. Link
Firefighters are still trying to extinguish blazes that broke out following the rocket barrages that were fired from Lebanon at the Kiryat Shmona area earlier Friday.

According to the National Fire and Rescue Authority, crews are extinguishing fires at two locations in open areas in the region.

The commander of the Authority's northern command, Brig. Yair Elyakam, said "The weather, combined with the heavy barrage, resulted in multiple [fire] scenes – a scenario for which we prepared and to which we responded with increased manpower accordingly."
View Quote
Link Posted: 5/10/2024 7:29:56 PM EDT
[#15]
Originally Posted By Banditman:

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Banditman:
Originally Posted By ITCHY-FINGER:

120mm APFDS-T

Link Posted: 5/10/2024 7:57:41 PM EDT
[#16]

View Quote

View Quote
Link Posted: 5/10/2024 8:12:01 PM EDT
[#17]

Link Posted: 5/10/2024 8:58:19 PM EDT
[#18]

Link Posted: 5/10/2024 9:18:50 PM EDT
[#19]

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/GNQj7hnWEAAUjD6?format=jpg&name=large
View All Quotes

Link Posted: 5/10/2024 9:23:59 PM EDT
[#20]
Originally Posted By Prime:

View All Quotes

Last time I saw one over Pennsylvania it was over 20 years ago.
Link Posted: 5/10/2024 9:42:08 PM EDT
[#21]
Originally Posted By fervid_dryfire:

That Kolomoisky article is wild.  Cold case murder (attempts) can be like that, though.
View All Quotes

Su-35 production resuming can be a problem.
Link Posted: 5/10/2024 9:43:05 PM EDT
[#22]

Link Posted: 5/10/2024 10:04:50 PM EDT
[#23]

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/GNPJa3KWwAAhLfP?format=jpg&name=large
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/GNPJa3JWAAAJWRL?format=jpg&name=large
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/GNPJa3RWsAA0Z_x?format=jpg&name=large
View Quote

The sheer amount of equipment required cannot be understated. Of course with a competent air force you can do with less of the other stuff, however it just shows you how under prepared Europe was and still is.

That is not including what other countries donated and what Ukraine had beforehand.

Europe needs to massively boost defense spending. And I mean massively.
Link Posted: 5/10/2024 10:13:18 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Capta] [#24]

View Quote

Meanwhile, in GD:

Link Posted: 5/10/2024 10:28:20 PM EDT
[#25]
Originally Posted By Capta:

Meanwhile, in GD:

https://media.giphy.com/media/v1.Y2lkPTc5MGI3NjExbnJkeXI2OHE0ZWZvMjB0eTNzMjZkdzhydGd5bnpsbGd1YjUzaTRoMiZlcD12MV9pbnRlcm5hbF9naWZfYnlfaWQmY3Q9Zw/rjkJD1v80CjYs/giphy.gif

Seriously??  lol.
Link Posted: 5/10/2024 10:29:01 PM EDT
[#26]
Link Posted: 5/10/2024 10:39:34 PM EDT
[#27]

Seriously??  lol.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Capta:

Meanwhile, in GD:

https://media.giphy.com/media/v1.Y2lkPTc5MGI3NjExbnJkeXI2OHE0ZWZvMjB0eTNzMjZkdzhydGd5bnpsbGd1YjUzaTRoMiZlcD12MV9pbnRlcm5hbF9naWZfYnlfaWQmY3Q9Zw/rjkJD1v80CjYs/giphy.gif

Seriously??  lol.

You'd be surprised how many love slurping that delicious russian cock.

Link Posted: 5/10/2024 10:45:55 PM EDT
[#28]

Link Posted: 5/11/2024 1:01:32 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Capta] [#29]
Long interview with a Ukrainian sniper, look at his kit, tactics, and experiences

Video of ATACMS strikes on oil depots in Lukhansk

Footage of an unknown missile strike in Belgorod

More footage of the apparently same hit

And more footage

A look at de-occupied Kharkiv

Report that Russia is buying arms from India and paying in Rupees

Kamikaze nails Russian standing watch with a MANPAD

Several kamikaze strikes on BMPs, some parked or abandoned, some operational, one with riders

Longer version of CGC raked by machine-gun fire.  Cleaned up by drone drop.  Looks like 100% casualties.

More footage of dead Russians burning next to their CGC.  NSFW.

Pensioner grandma and regular donor to the UAF gets an award and a message from Budanov

Still photo - three possibly dead Russians next to a burning tank

Russian proposal to give every “SMO” participant two hectares of Ukrainian land.

I’m not sure this Russian understood the situation.

Wounded Russian commits suicide with grenade under his armor

Link to redditor tracking over 50 visually documented cases of Russian battlefield suicide so far.

Small UA water drone.  Not a seagoing drone, and not clear if it’s an actual attack drone or perhaps a cargo carrier.

UA traitor arrested for spotting Russian missile attacks on Kharkiv

Two Russian BMPs destroyed by kamikazes

Kamikaze strikes on Russian troops and armored vehicles.  Last one is a hit on a turtle tank,

Reported as Russian-occupied building demolished by kamikaze

Kamikazes demolish a Russian-occupied building.  Two Russians dig themselves out, one immediate obliterated by another kamikaze.

A look at Sumy oblast and impending further attacks.

Muron thermal camera hit by UA kamikaze

Likely a UA rocket-toss barrage on Russian positions

UA Su-25 rocket toss onto Russian positions.  New spotter POV, likely the same attack as above.

Russian 2s4 203mm mortar destroyed by kamikaze

Kamikazes hit disabled Russian BMP and MTLB.  One flies right into the MTLB to find a Russian hiding.

Drone grenade burns out Russian T72

Drone drops and kamikaze attacks on Russian troops and vehicles.  Some VERY NSFW.

Series of kamikaze strikes on small groups of Russians.  Good hits.  NSFW.

Thermal kamikaze hits Russian BMP

Kamikaze view of the Chinese golf cart strike in a recent video.

Drone drop and probably kamikaze strikes on Russian troops and vehicles.

Oldie but goodie.  UA soldier with drone spotting repeatedly ambushes and smokes clueless Russians.

Series of kamikaze strikes on Russian troops and positions.  One Russian throws down with the drone but it ends poorly.

Kamikaze strikes on Russian troops and positions near Chasiv Yar

Kamikaze hits on a couple Russian and their dugout.

Baba Yaga bombing Russian positions

Kamikaze blows up Russian tank

Muramasa drone unit kamikaze hits on Russian armored vehicles and transport

Link Posted: 5/11/2024 1:45:37 AM EDT
[#30]

Translated audio.

View Quote

I am not a fluent speaker, but I know enough, and with yandex translate and wikitonary's help, to know that wasn't an accurate translation in a lot of places.  I think that translation was made with some software that was translating text in English based on what it "hears".
Link Posted: 5/11/2024 1:51:20 AM EDT
[#31]
Originally Posted By kbi:

Just imagine what a pla merc says when he sees a drone barreling down at him

View Quote

"I should have stayed in the factory, making the drones".
Link Posted: 5/11/2024 2:12:08 AM EDT
[#32]

I am not a fluent speaker, but I know enough, and with yandex translate and wikitonary's help, to know that wasn't an accurate translation in a lot of places.  I think that translation was made with some software that was translating text in English based on what it "hears".
View All Quotes

Translated audio.

Please enlighten us as to what is being said.
Link Posted: 5/11/2024 2:43:06 AM EDT
[#33]
Originally Posted By Easterner:

Please enlighten us as to what is being said.
View Quote

It was something more in the middle, and I could be wrong.  My problem with fluency is first, I don't have the vocabulary to understand everything I hear, and second, the knowledge of Russian grammar.  Everything in the beginning seemed right, but I couldn't understand it all, like saying ложатся to sleep was strange to me, because we don't say it that way in English, even though, when you think about it, it makes sense, as you lie down to go to sleep.  I didn't now ложаться.  I know the form лежать, and maybe some of its conjugations, but I don't know its perfective form or understand why it has a reflexive form.
Link Posted: 5/11/2024 3:16:11 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Easterner] [#34]

It was something more in the middle, and I could be wrong.  My problem with fluency is first, I don't have the vocabulary to understand everything I hear, and second, the knowledge of Russian grammar.  Everything in the beginning seemed right, but I couldn't understand it all, like saying ложатся to sleep was strange to me, because we don't say it that way in English, even though, when you think about it, it makes sense, as you lie down to go to sleep.  I didn't now ложаться.  I know the form лежать, and maybe some of its conjugations, but I don't know its perfective form or understand why it has a reflexive form.
View Quote

Some things just do not translate very well. There are different ways to say what you want based on how you did something or the means in which you did it, and also if you are speaking formally or with friends. Try typing in a translator what you want to say, and often times you will find the translation can change if you go from ENGLISH - RUSSIAN - ENGLISH and so on...  Add in people with bad grammar, mumbling, excitement of battle, and who could understand.

It isn't an easy language to learn. I still struggle with it, five years into it.
Link Posted: 5/11/2024 3:26:19 AM EDT
[#35]
Originally Posted By Easterner:

Some things just do not translate very well. There are different ways to say what you want based on how you did something, or the means in which you did it. Try typing in a translator what you want to say, and often times you will find the translation can change if you ENGLISH - RUSSIAN - ENGLISH and so on...  Add in people with bad grammar, mumbling, excitement of battle, and who could understand.

It isn't an easy language to learn. I still struggle with it, five years into it.
View Quote

I know enough that I can often read something in Russian which has been translated into English and see that at least part of the translation is not exactly how it's being said in Russian.  

I can understand things better, but still usually not everything, if I am reading Russian, because a lot of native speakers speak so quickly, it makes them hard to understand, but a lot of them speak slower, like at a pace that sounds like any normal English speaker to me.  I can read it at my own pace if it is written instead of spoken.
Link Posted: 5/11/2024 3:57:40 AM EDT
[#36]

Link Posted: 5/11/2024 4:04:01 AM EDT
[#37]
“Ballistics” out of the northeast over Dnipro, “ceased existence”, now they’re waiting for the alarms to clear.

Link Posted: 5/11/2024 4:30:02 AM EDT
[#38]

A Russian manufacturer of gabion mesh, used to stabilize steep slopes, gives a presentation on how they could protect infrastructure such as oil storage tanks against long range Ukrainian drones.
View Quote
Link Posted: 5/11/2024 5:52:42 AM EDT
[#39]
Originally Posted By michigan66:
With a little help from Moscow and Beijing, Israel lost the social media battle. Link.  Entire article below

Entire article in spoiler
Click To View Spoiler
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By michigan66:
With a little help from Moscow and Beijing, Israel lost the social media battle. Link.  Entire article below
In the days and hours after the blast in Al-Ahli Hospital in Gaza on October 17, social media was rife with claims that Israel was responsible for it. Though it turned out not to be the case, even today, false posts about what happened there continue to appear online, claiming without a shadow of a doubt that it was the IDF that bombed the hospital.

Many in Israel consider these posts as no more than false propaganda – fake news designed to shift international public opinion on the war in the Gaza Strip. But social media researchers and activists who fight fake news see something else: Israel's total failure in its "hasbara" (public diplomacy) campaign, which has come despite an abundance of warning signs.

An analysis of these posts and of other similar ones, demonstrates that its not just popular online support boosting the false claims. Those active against the Israeli narrative are well organized. According to several social media researchers, Israeli high-tech workers who volunteered in the different influence efforts, and sources in the Israeli intelligence community, an array of forces have aligned to back the pro-Palestinian narrative.

Entire article in spoiler
Click To View Spoiler

I'm sure the article is interesting and I'm sure Moscow trolls, sends bots, and adds disinfo, but the infowar loss by Israel about the hospital bombing and other issues is 99% the fault of BBC, Reuters, ABC/NBC/CBS, PBS, CNN and all the rest of the misinfo/proHamas infested MSM that believes anything Gaza turds say.
Link Posted: 5/11/2024 6:28:59 AM EDT
[#40]
Originally Posted By dedreckon:

I'm sure the article is interesting and I'm sure Moscow trolls, sends bots, and adds disinfo, but the infowar loss by Israel about the hospital bombing and other issues is 99% the fault of BBC, Reuters, ABC/NBC/CBS, PBS, CNN and all the rest of the misinfo/proHamas infested MSM that believes anything Gaza turds say.
View Quote

Israel of today is not god's "chosen nation" like some people, even here, think.  

It is a secular democracy that obviously can be as incompetent as the American government was with 9/11, see how they didn't see the October 2023 attack coming.

I don't want to be anywhere really on this miserable earth, but less so Israel or Ukraine, or whatever absolutely forbid, Russia right now.
Link Posted: 5/11/2024 7:09:40 AM EDT
[#41]

Link Posted: 5/11/2024 7:18:03 AM EDT
[Last Edit: ServusVeritatis] [#42]

Israel of today is not god's "chosen nation" like some people, even here, think.  

It is a secular democracy that obviously can be as incompetent as the American government was with 9/11, see how they didn't see the October 2023 attack coming.

I don't want to be anywhere really on this miserable earth, but less so Israel or Ukraine, or whatever absolutely forbid, Russia right now.
View All Quotes

Not to derail as this will be the only response….but the people of Israel in scripture,
even during their rebellion from God, were not abandoned. God said “forever” and doesn’t go back on his word (assuming you are coming from a believers perspective).
Link Posted: 5/11/2024 7:22:25 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Prime] [#43]

View Quote

Great video, actually.

⚡️Video⚡️APU hit the gathering place of rally participants⚡️

On the Day of the Donetsk People's Republic, the Armed Forces of Ukraine opened fire on Leninsky Prospekt, where participants of the festive car rally were gathering.

Immediately before the start of the action, an explosion occurred when the cars with flags were ready to start. Families with children also took part in the event.

Obviously, the enemy slightly miscalculated the accuracy of the strike and the attack hit two non-residential buildings, a short distance from reaching the parking lot. It was only due to this accident that the rally participants were not injured.

@wargonzo

https://t.me/wargonzo/19867

⚡️Video⚡️As a result of the Ukrainian Armed Forces’ strike on Donetsk, there are deaths⚡️

On the day of the 10th anniversary of the Donetsk People's Republic, the team of the @wargonzo channel was preparing a story about a festive motor rally.

We were able to talk with the creators of the famous murals in Donetsk, recalling with them the referendum of 2014, during which the Ukrainian Armed Forces also shelled the city, but for people this day was remembered as a real holiday

And today, on the anniversary of this great event, the Ukrainian Armed Forces fired artillery at the gathering place of the rally participants, and a nearby restaurant was hit, where, according to preliminary data, there were dead and wounded.

@wargonzo

https://t.me/wargonzo/19869

Link Posted: 5/11/2024 7:45:52 AM EDT
[#44]
Link Posted: 5/11/2024 7:46:31 AM EDT
[#45]

View All Quotes

Translated audio.

That is what was mentioned in the twitter post, it was just an AI translation and they said the same as you, lots of stuff missing and such, but by the tone of the voices, things aren't going well.
Link Posted: 5/11/2024 7:50:16 AM EDT
[#46]
View All Quotes
https://i.imgur.com/cBBfTJM.jpeg

https://i.imgur.com/UygqyuL.jpeg

A Russian manufacturer of gabion mesh, used to stabilize steep slopes, gives a presentation on how they could protect infrastructure such as oil storage tanks against long range Ukrainian drones.

Start dropping the Magnesium torch bombs.

I wonder if those might work on the turtle tanks as well.

Link Posted: 5/11/2024 7:52:01 AM EDT
[Last Edit: AlmightyTallest] [#47]

View Quote

Of course they were at the Paradise Restaurant.

Calendar guy sighting.

Link Posted: 5/11/2024 8:00:49 AM EDT
[#48]

View All Quotes

Got no problem with that. I do have a problem with people blaming russia for every bit of propaganda and misinfo we in the West have. As I hope we all know, most of the sabotage of the west is coming from elites who hate western values and hate average people.
Link Posted: 5/11/2024 8:09:11 AM EDT
[#49]
Link Posted: 5/11/2024 8:09:54 AM EDT
[#50]
Video in tweet.

Page / 116
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top