Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 101
Link Posted: 5/8/2024 11:26:42 AM EDT
[#1]

Hezbollah has “confiscated” funds in Yemen from the Houthis and is playing a role in that country.

..the report reflects concern in the UAE and the Gulf about the Houthis’ increased ties to Iran and other Iranian proxies and that the Houthis are being operationalized to do proxy work for Iran.

..report says..the Houthi militias received “directives from Hezbollah to allocate the largest portion of the financial revenues it earns from the Yemeni governorates in the north to military operations and military industrialization.” Hezbollah now plays a greater role in deciding where the Houthis allocate funds. Hezbollah now contributes to a committee that determines the allocation of financial resources and “how the process of military spending and armament will be carried out.”

Hezbollah wants a 70/30 split in terms of where the money goes: 70% for guns and only 30% for food. This “guns or butter” equation is not in favor of what is good for Yemen.

Entire article in quote box.  Link
Is Hezbollah working more closely with the Houthis? - analysis

A report in Al-Ain media in the UAE claimed to reveal an interesting development in Yemen. According to the report, Hezbollah has “confiscated” funds in Yemen from the Houthis and is playing a role in that country. The report leaves many questions and is impossible to confirm, but it likely exposes some details that are worth analyzing.

First of all, it reflects concern in the UAE and the Gulf about the Houthis’ increased ties to Iran and other Iranian proxies and that the Houthis are being operationalized to do proxy work for Iran.

Iran has been actively backing the Houthis in their war on Saudi Arabia since 2015, when Saudi Arabia and other countries intervened in Yemen to prevent the Houthis from taking Aden. There has been a ceasefire in Yemen since 2022, and Saudi Arabia and the Houthis appeared to be on track toward peace because, with China’s backing, Riyadh and Tehran were patching things up. Now the Houthis have directed resources toward joining Hamas in the war against Israel.

The Houthis are playing their role by attacking ships. This raises concerns about how Iran may use the Houthis in the future.

Behind 'Abu Radwan'
The Al-Ain report says the news organization has learned that the Houthi militias received “directives from Hezbollah to allocate the largest portion of the financial revenues it earns from the Yemeni governorates in the north to military operations and military industrialization.” Hezbollah in Lebanon apparently now supervises some of what the Houthis are doing and works as a “mastermind” behind operations.

"The sources revealed that Hezbollah addressed the militia leader, Abdul-Malik al-Houthi, by transferring the process of managing the financial resources that the Houthi militias earn from revenues, royalties and taxes from areas under their control to a special committee headed by one of Hezbollah’s experts present in Sanaa, whose nickname is ‘Abu Radwan.’”

The name Abu Radwan, if it’s not a made-up name, is possibly linked to Hezbollah’s Radwan Force, which is portrayed as the group’s elite unit. The Radwan Force takes its name from the late Hezbollah commander Imad Mughniyeh, who was known as al-Hajj Radwan. This was his “war name” or nom de guerre. The fact that a mysterious man in Yemen who is linked to Hezbollah has taken on the name Abu Radwan is entirely plausible, but it’s only plausible in the context of knowing who the original Hajj Radwan was and what is meant by Radwan in the Hezbollah lingo.

The article claims that Abu Radwan in Yemen is now “supervising the revenues of the communications and internet sector under the control of the Houthis.” Not only that, but he has done this for years, and he was linked to Hezbollah for years. He is “directly linked to the leadership of Hezbollah and experts from the Iranian Revolutionary Guards to finance military activities and arming the militias.”

Hezbollah now plays a greater role in deciding where the Houthis allocate funds. Hezbollah now contributes to a committee that determines the allocation of financial resources and “how the process of military spending and armament will be carried out.” There is some kind of cheeky irony in this story because, according to the article, the source said that the goal of Hezbollah in Sinai is to kind of put the Houthi leadership on a diet of finances, “ending the extensive financial privileges enjoyed by the Houthi leadership, including military and security, drying up corruption, transferring funds for the benefit of military operations, and preparing for any future developments.”

In essence, Hezbollah has been brought in to bring some austerity here and clean up the Houthi books. The Houthis are like one of those large corporations seen in Office Space, where an efficiency expert asks, “What exactly do you do here”? At the same time, it appears that Hezbollah has sought to squeeze the populace by sending taskmasters out to farm more money for the bosses in Sanaa. “The sources confirmed that Hezbollah asked the Houthi militias to intensify the financial collection process and raise the rates of customs, taxes, port fees and communications costs by no less than 40% during the coming months until the end of the current year.”

AND IT gets worse, if you’re a Yemeni who thought peace might bring a peace dividend. It turns out Hezbollah wants a 70/30 split in terms of where the money goes: 70% for guns and only 30% for food. This “guns or butter” equation is not in favor of what is good for Yemen. However, the article reveals the reason for this squeeze. It turns out that the Houthis are not getting so much money from Iraq or Iran, or perhaps Hezbollah is not getting so much from Iraq and Iran. A new “council of experts” has been formed in Sana’a, which has been “granted absolute powers for military and security decisions, controlling even the civilian sector, carrying out bombing or targeting operations inside and outside Yemen’s borders, and even naval attacks against cargo ships.”

According to the report, this council is now in charge of military operations, and the Houthi defense ministry has been sidelined. If true, it points to Iran’s IRGC outsourcing some operations in Yemen to Hezbollah. It’s not the first time that reports mention Iran’s IRGC playing a role in overseeing Houthi actions, but it is the first time that Hezbollah’s part has appeared so prominent. It is also known that in early October, after Hamas’s attack, the Houthis created a “joint operations room” to coordinate with the rest of the Iranian axis to threaten Israel. Now it seems it has grown into this “council” and taxation committee.

If the report is accurate, then it spells more trouble in the region as Hezbollah grows in its role within the Iranian hierarchy.
View Quote
Link Posted: 5/8/2024 11:35:10 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By 4xGM300m:
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/GNBoswwWoAAgtPh?format=jpg&name=large

Orc victory day propaganda banner - Su-30SM over the Pentagon.

View Quote

I doubt the authenticity of the poster. 1242 was the Mongols sacking Kyiv ending the Kievan Rus, and I don't think the Russians would associate themselves with the Mongols as the winning side.
Link Posted: 5/8/2024 11:44:33 AM EDT
[#3]
Originally Posted By CarmelBytheSea:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yGZs75_X5rk
View Quote

What's the significance of this? Just that China is taking more steps to challenge our hegemony?
Link Posted: 5/8/2024 11:47:40 AM EDT
[#4]
Originally Posted By lorazepam:
View Quote

My wife keeps saying "it's going to be world war 3. Just get on with it. "
Link Posted: 5/8/2024 11:51:43 AM EDT
[#5]
Originally Posted By voyager3:

I doubt the authenticity of the poster. 1242 was the Mongols sacking Kyiv ending the Kievan Rus, and I don't think the Russians would associate themselves with the Mongols as the winning side.
View Quote

They have a long history of screwing up their military propaganda posters, I remember pictures of Wehrmacht soldiers for the Victory Day and US aircraft carriers for the Russian Navy Day.
Link Posted: 5/8/2024 11:52:55 AM EDT
[#6]
Originally Posted By AlmightyTallest:

lol, holy crap.
View Quote

Does all of this stuff cause that tank to be more survivable in this battlefield? That's the only thing I really care about.
Link Posted: 5/8/2024 11:54:44 AM EDT
[#7]
Originally Posted By stone-age:

My wife keeps saying "it's going to be world war 3. Just get on with it. "
View Quote

Steppe Storm?
Link Posted: 5/8/2024 12:11:28 PM EDT
[#8]

Steppe Storm?
View Quote

I actually don't know what that refers to. As she sees it all of the pieces are going into place and right now the various forces are just going through the motions that they go through before a big war starts. Just like every other world war.
Link Posted: 5/8/2024 12:12:53 PM EDT
[#9]
Originally Posted By Capta:

I think that was sarcasm!
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By borderpatrol:
Originally Posted By BigGrumpyBear:

See! More proof the MIC is fucking over the American taxpayer!

We spend billions every year buying new stuff from them because they designed all of our bombs, explosives, missiles and shells to be one use items! Eisenhower warned us about this!

Really? The MIC, or if you prefer the arsenal of democracy, has created the finest weapons ever known to man, produced them in quantity, employed millions of Americans, improved our balance of trade and made our enemies jealous and fearful.

I don't like paying taxes, but every dollar spent in the nation's defense makes me smile. In fact, it's one of the only legitimate use of tax dollars according to our Constitution.

I think that was sarcasm!

Well that's just, like, your opinion man.  
Link Posted: 5/8/2024 12:15:17 PM EDT
[Last Edit: klinc] [#10]
Originally Posted By Prime:

Nice.

Bradley infantry fighting vehicle against the Russian T-80 tank!

Fighters of the 47th separate mechanized brigade destroyed enemy equipment using a TOW anti-tank missile. Credit to the Discovery crew of the 2nd Mechanized Battalion.

We continue to work!

https://t.me/brygada47/704

View All Quotes
Another Bradley on tank duel

Nice.

Bradley infantry fighting vehicle against the Russian T-80 tank!

Fighters of the 47th separate mechanized brigade destroyed enemy equipment using a TOW anti-tank missile. Credit to the Discovery crew of the 2nd Mechanized Battalion.

We continue to work!

https://t.me/brygada47/704

I expected "pew pew pews" but only got a "pew".
Then I came back and read the post entirely "using a TOW" and I suppose that will work too.
Link Posted: 5/8/2024 12:19:23 PM EDT
[#11]
Originally Posted By Cobradriver:

I did a fuckton of stupid shit as a Terminal Lance.

Nothing was even in the ballpark of something like this.

What a fuckin tard.

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Cobradriver:
Originally Posted By Saltwater-Hillbilly:
US Soldier Arrested in Russia After Making a Secret Trip to Visit His Russian Girlfriend

OMFG!  I won't ask what this cat was thinking, because he obviously wasn't!

I did a fuckton of stupid shit as a Terminal Lance.

Nothing was even in the ballpark of something like this.

What a fuckin tard.

Thank you Jesus that I'm retired and not in this dude's Chain of Command and am not on the hook to be an AR 15-6 or Article 32 officer on this one.  Usually, mid-level leadership misconduct does not make the national news; however, in THIS particular case....
Link Posted: 5/8/2024 12:19:36 PM EDT
[Last Edit: fervid_dryfire] [#12]
Originally Posted By kpacman:

I also...for the offense of criticizing MTG's stance on Ukrainian aid.

You could post disparaging remarks about Biden all day long, but bring up Mike Johnson or MTG and you were banned.

The old thread was a treasure for many of us, and it's a shame a new thread was the only way around the unpredictable banning of participants that brought value to the thread.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By K0UA:

I was also "shadow banned".  No notifications, or messages of any kind, just could not comment any more.

You could post disparaging remarks about Biden all day long, but bring up Mike Johnson or MTG and you were banned.

The old thread was a treasure for many of us, and it's a shame a new thread was the only way around the unpredictable banning of participants that brought value to the thread.

Edited for the thin-skinned.  

I noticed how far it had gone when Prime started starring **** out or dashing ---- out when words like "US" or "Congress" or "American" appeared in an article he was citing *about Ukraine*, as his means of ban protection.

I still have that thread open in a tab right next to this one, and it's...telling....how slowly it moves compared to this one now.  

Anyway- Slava Ukraini and confusion to the Orcs.
Link Posted: 5/8/2024 12:28:35 PM EDT
[#13]

View Quote

For a second I thought the missile went wide until theT-80 got lit up.  What was the flash to the left?
Link Posted: 5/8/2024 12:50:50 PM EDT
[#14]
Originally Posted By Lieh-tzu:

REMINDER:
Complaining about moderation is a CoC violation. This thread is not getting the radical enforcement of the other, but users can and will still get warnings, locks, or bans for criticizing moderation. Please don't fall for that easy bait.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By K0UA:
I was also "shadow banned".  No notifications, or messages of any kind, just could not comment any more.

REMINDER:
Complaining about moderation is a CoC violation. This thread is not getting the radical enforcement of the other, but users can and will still get warnings, locks, or bans for criticizing moderation. Please don't fall for that easy bait.

I'd love to have an established rotation of moderators on this thread, and the other thread.  That's not a complaint, in any way.  

Link Posted: 5/8/2024 12:51:48 PM EDT
[#15]
Originally Posted By cash50:

What's the significance of this? Just that China is taking more steps to challenge our hegemony?
View Quote

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

https://asia.nikkei.com/Politics/Defense/Serbia-relies-on-China-for-weapons-as-tensions-with-Kosovo-rise

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 5/8/2024 1:22:35 PM EDT
[#16]
Originally Posted By fervid_dryfire:
I'd love to have an established rotation of moderators on this thread, and the other thread.  That's not a complaint, in any way.  

View Quote

I'd rather that Capta, A-T, and Prime be given mod powers for this thread.
Link Posted: 5/8/2024 1:38:34 PM EDT
[#17]
Originally Posted By doc540:
May have missed an earlier response.    If a heavy drone hits a turtle tank with a down the throat shot (contained), would that effectively blind it?
View Quote

I doubt it.  Most of the turtle tanks are light sheet steel and it would probably just blow back out the front and/or blow panels off.  Tanks are designed to take overpressure.  It would probably take a direct hit to the optics.
Link Posted: 5/8/2024 1:41:12 PM EDT
[#18]
Originally Posted By R0N:

The performance of the stuff transferred to Russia does not match the stuff being shot into SK

The irony is the Koreans are doing what was alleged what the U.S. was doing and get rid of their old stuff that needed to be DRMO’d  but they are selling it to the Russians.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By R0N:
Originally Posted By ITCHY-FINGER:

That's good. I'm kinda worried that the Norks are getting too much real world testing of their stuff (paid for by Russia) and may be able to make improvements. Same with Iran. Russia is also now motivated to send tech's to help their Axis friends improve quality.

The performance of the stuff transferred to Russia does not match the stuff being shot into SK

The irony is the Koreans are doing what was alleged what the U.S. was doing and get rid of their old stuff that needed to be DRMO’d  but they are selling it to the Russians.

Basically this.
Link Posted: 5/8/2024 1:45:51 PM EDT
[#19]
Of all weapons I'd expect the towed tube artillery to run out the last, it being so cost-effective and central to the Soviet doctrine.
View Quote

There was some speculation, though I’m not sure it’s been backed up by facts, that the Russians were pulling so many towed guns to convert the barrels for their SPGs.  Without knowing the construction specifics it’s hard to say but not inconceivable.
Link Posted: 5/8/2024 1:46:31 PM EDT
[#20]

It makes the debris twice as dangerous 😀

View All Quotes

Okay, but it still won't increase survivablilty from Ukrainian air defenses.  

It makes the debris twice as dangerous 😀

More effective on schools and apartment buildings.
You must think in Russian.
Link Posted: 5/8/2024 1:47:21 PM EDT
[#21]

View Quote

OMG!  This is war!

They blew up the COURTYARD!!
Link Posted: 5/8/2024 1:47:37 PM EDT
[#22]

I'm sure those barrels and liners are made of the finest steel, and will last for thousands of rounds.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By SheltiePimp:

I can't find the article, but it was reported on Xinhua that one of Russias largest gas pipe extrusion foundry/factories had switched to full time barrel production. They were making barrel liners and barrels, 24/7. From memory it was 15 155mm barrels a day. That was around Christmas last year, so I'm sure they have ramped it up.

Recently the Europeans have been warning Russia is in stockpile mode again, they are producing enough for this war to start refilling factories and stockpiles. The idea that they are going to run out of anything is just wishful thinking.

I'm sure those barrels and liners are made of the finest steel, and will last for thousands of rounds.

Not to mention that even the Russians at the front are acknowledging that 152mm barrels and ammo are low on supply.  To think that anyone would believe Russian claims of production and perfect supply chains to get the equipment to the front is wishful thinking.
Link Posted: 5/8/2024 1:48:33 PM EDT
[#23]

View Quote

lol, speaking of wishful thinking.
Link Posted: 5/8/2024 1:50:09 PM EDT
[#24]

Does all of this stuff cause that tank to be more survivable in this battlefield? That's the only thing I really care about.
View All Quotes

lol, holy crap.

Not really if you have anti tank weapons to deal with it.
Link Posted: 5/8/2024 1:55:39 PM EDT
[#25]

OMG!  This is war!

View All Quotes

OMG!  This is war!

Which used to be a hot dog stand.
Link Posted: 5/8/2024 2:00:53 PM EDT
[#26]

I can't find the article, but it was reported on Xinhua that one of Russias largest gas pipe extrusion foundry/factories had switched to full time barrel production. They were making barrel liners and barrels, 24/7. From memory it was 15 155mm barrels a day. That was around Christmas last year, so I'm sure they have ramped it up.

Recently the Europeans have been warning Russia is in stockpile mode again, they are producing enough for this war to start refilling factories and stockpiles. The idea that they are going to run out of anything is just wishful thinking.
View All Quotes
Of all weapons I'd expect the towed tube artillery to run out the last, it being so cost-effective and central to the Soviet doctrine.

“Run out” is always a relative statement for a large nation-state.
Russia is not producing enough of anything major to start “refilling stockpiles”.  Per credible OSINT they are overstating their production of things like tanks and APCs by a factor of three.
Their situation with APCs is probably worse than with tanks, with reporting from both Ukrainian and Russian sources saying that Russia is increasingly short of APCs and having to look for alternatives like semi-armored Ural trucks, Chinese golf carts, and so on.
They are keeping the war going by refurbing stored gear which is provably coming to an end.
That doesn’t mean they will ever “run out,” but it does mean their ability to do anything at scale is continually diminishing.
Link Posted: 5/8/2024 2:03:57 PM EDT
[#27]

Pretty Much.  This is that Warner Brothers cartoon where the super-genius expert in western government/academia/foreign relations implements the Academic Theory, in this case "Balance of Powers", where a multi-polar world has a predominate power in a region takes responsibility for peace/order of the area in return for having their primacy recognized and they acknowledge the primacy of other major powers in their respective spheres runs into the cliff face of reality.  Just add the appropriate Acme products, because the result will be the same and the Road Runner of reality will always win, like China threating to destabilize the Balkans (like they need any help).  China is building "hard power" leverage within Europe and the EU can do little at this point to counter Chinese or Russian "hard power" moves in Asia, Africa or even in Europe due to the EU's  singular focus on "soft power" until 24 months ago.  EU policy to minimize the role of NATO and supplant it with a token "European Army" over the last two decades didn't do any favors to securing Europe from this sort of thing either!
Link Posted: 5/8/2024 2:05:57 PM EDT
[#28]

View All Quotes

lol, holy crap.

If I understand the correctly the barn makes the tank impervious against the fpv drones that Ukraine has been using to hit the soft spots on the tank. So in that sense it works. Though it won't stop an ant tank weapon.
Link Posted: 5/8/2024 2:12:17 PM EDT
[#29]
... that Russia is increasingly short of APCs ...
View All Quotes
... that Russia is increasingly short of APCs ...

Even the development bureaus are emptying their depots.

The Russian Federation continues to supply prototype armored fighting vehicles to the troops. This time the car is 502TB «Altaets» from the early 90s. After the collapse of the USSR, it was predicted as a replacement for the MT-LB. Armored vehicle 502TB - created on the basis of the KShM Potok-4 (1) chassis on BMP-3 units and assemblies in a steel case.

Link Posted: 5/8/2024 2:15:05 PM EDT
[#30]

I actually don't know what that refers to. As she sees it all of the pieces are going into place and right now the various forces are just going through the motions that they go through before a big war starts. Just like every other world war.
View All Quotes

Steppe Storm?

Yep.  Having read a lot of history one thing that stands out is that everyone even at ground level knew both WW1 and WW2 were coming.  And these were contemporaneous opinions, not hindsight.
WW3 has already started but the main event is still ahead of us.  Probably won’t be long, anywhere from this year to 3-5 years out IMO.
Link Posted: 5/8/2024 2:18:39 PM EDT
[#31]
Originally Posted By Javak:

For a second I thought the missile went wide until theT-80 got lit up.  What was the flash to the left?
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Javak:

It looks like an RPG warhead detonation, could be from an FPV from either side.
Link Posted: 5/8/2024 2:21:07 PM EDT
[#32]

If I understand the correctly the barn makes the tank impervious against the fpv drones that Ukraine has been using to hit the soft spots on the tank. So in that sense it works.
View All Quotes

If I understand the correctly the barn makes the tank impervious against the fpv drones that Ukraine has been using to hit the soft spots on the tank. So in that sense it works.

Against drones and cluster ammo.

Turtle Mk.3 shrugged off multiple DPICM hits.

Though it won't stop an ant tank weapon.

If the distance is big enough, an ATGM could have problems to penetrate the armor of the tank.
Link Posted: 5/8/2024 2:29:59 PM EDT
[#33]
Link Posted: 5/8/2024 2:32:03 PM EDT
[#34]
Seems like someone went down about an hour ago.

Link Posted: 5/8/2024 2:34:50 PM EDT
[#35]

Link Posted: 5/8/2024 2:36:12 PM EDT
[#36]

Link Posted: 5/8/2024 2:36:56 PM EDT
[#37]

View Quote

Link Posted: 5/8/2024 2:50:31 PM EDT
[#38]

View Quote

Looks to me like it’s under control and punching out chaff.  I bet it got a chirp on the RWR and headed for the deck.  It looks to like it was pulling out at low altitude too.
Maybe there was a missile launch, maybe it was just a chirp.  No way to tell.
Link Posted: 5/8/2024 2:52:16 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Capta] [#39]

https://pbs.twimg.com/card_img/1788270965300019200/djKUv2mO?format=jpg&name=900x900
View Quote

Costs $100,000.  Obviously they don’t get it yet.

Also wouldn’t surprise me a bit if it’s useless in heavy EW jamming and carries a 40mm warhead.
Link Posted: 5/8/2024 2:55:50 PM EDT
[#40]

Yes. Thank you. It seems that the poor guys last good decision was defecting.

As a former homicide det. I'm very interested in the actual hit. I guess FSB has underworld assets or contractors for such work since actual FSB guys seem to be getting caught left and right fucking up basic fieldcraft. I like watching cheesy movies about assassins and hitmen and I forget that there really are some lurking about.

View All Quotes

Yes. Thank you. It seems that the poor guys last good decision was defecting.

As a former homicide det. I'm very interested in the actual hit. I guess FSB has underworld assets or contractors for such work since actual FSB guys seem to be getting caught left and right fucking up basic fieldcraft. I like watching cheesy movies about assassins and hitmen and I forget that there really are some lurking about.

These are the details as reported in the New York Times.
On the morning of Feb. 13, a white Hyundai Tucson entered the garage under Mr. Kuzminov’s apartment building and parked in an empty spot between the elevators used by residents and the ramp leading to the street. Two men waited there for several hours, according to the senior Guardia Civil official.

Around 4:20 p.m., Mr. Kuzminov drove into the garage, parked and began walking toward the elevators. As he passed in front of the white Hyundai, the two assailants emerged, called out to him and opened fire. Though he was struck by six bullets, most of them in the torso, Mr. Kuzminov managed to sprint a short distance before collapsing on the ramp.

The two killers got back into the car and ran over Mr. Kuzminov’s body on their way out. The vehicle was found a few miles away, burned with the help of what investigators believe was a special accelerant. It took specialists a week to identify the make and model of the car and establish that it had been stolen — two days before the killing — in Murcia, a town about an hour away.
Link Posted: 5/8/2024 3:01:17 PM EDT
[#41]

I doubt it.  Most of the turtle tanks are light sheet steel and it would probably just blow back out the front and/or blow panels off.  Tanks are designed to take overpressure.  It would probably take a direct hit to the optics.
View All Quotes
May have missed an earlier response.    If a heavy drone hits a turtle tank with a down the throat shot (contained), would that effectively blind it?

The drones need a two stage warhead - one to blow the sheet metal cover off and the second to punch through the armor.  Unless they have ERA under the turtle  - then 3 stages would work.  
Link Posted: 5/8/2024 3:03:58 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Chisum] [#42]
First off, a lot of people saw this coming. It really was a Capt. Obvious event.

1. The insane First Chechen War should have been a major clue. What Putin started in 1994 told us Putin's brutality was unlimited. He also refuses to lose at any cost. Four years later he was back and even more brutal.

2. This is a list of battles involving the Russian Federation.
BattleDateAlliesEnemies
Second Chechen War (1999–2009)
Battle of Grozny1999–2000 Russia Ichkeria
Chechen Mujahideen
Battle for Height 7762000 Russia Ichkeria
Chechen Mujahideen
Battle of Komsomolskoye2000 Russia Ichkeria
Zhani-Vedeno ambush2000 Russia IIB
Galashki ambush2000 Russia Ichkeria
Battle for Vedeno2001 Russia Ichkeria
Tsotsin-Yurt operation2001–2002 Russia Ichkeria
Grozny OMON ambush2002 Russia Ichkeria
Nazran raid2004 Russia Caucasian Front
Ichkeria
Vilayat Ghalghaiche
Avtury raid2004 Russia Ichkeria
Chechen Mujahideen
Grozny raid2004 Russia Ichkeria
Dagestan raids2005 Russia Caucasian Front
Nalchik raid2005 Russia Caucasian Front
Gimry fighting2006 Russia Caucasian Front
Avtury ambush2006 Russia Caucasian Front
Zhani-Vedeno ambush2007 Russia Ichkeria
Russo-Georgian War (2008)
Battle of Tskhinvali2008 Russia
South Ossetia Georgia
Battle of the Kodori Valley2008 Abkhazia
Russia Georgia
Battle off the coast of Abkhazia2008 Russia Georgia
Occupation of Poti2008 Russia Georgia
Occupation of Gori2008 Russia
South Ossetia Georgia
Insurgency in the North Caucasus (2009–2017)
Tsentoroy attack2010 Russia Caucasus Emirate
Grozny clashes2014 Russia Caucasus Emirate
Russo-Ukrainian War (2014–present)
Annexation of Crimea2014 Russia Ukraine
Battle in Shakhtarsk Raion2014 NAF
Russia Ukraine
Battle of Ilovaisk2014 NAF
Russia Ukraine
Battle of Novoazovsk2014 NAF
Russia Ukraine
Second Battle of Donetsk Airport2014–2015 NAF
Russia Ukraine
Battle of Debaltseve2015 NAF
Russia Ukraine
Battle of Avdiivka (2017)2017 Donetsk PR
Russia Ukraine
Battle of Hlukhiv2022 Russia Ukraine
Battle of Romny2022 Russia Ukraine
2022 Snake Island campaign2022 Russia Ukraine
Battle of Antonov Airport2022 Russia Ukraine
Capture of Chernobyl2022 Russia Ukraine
Battle of Kharkiv (2022)2022 Russia Ukraine
Battle of Kherson2022 Russia Ukraine
Battle of Konotop (2022)2022 Russia Ukraine
Battle of Okhtyrka2022 Russia Ukraine
Battle of Sumy2022 Russia Ukraine
Battle of Trostianets2022 Russia
Donetsk PR Ukraine
Siege of Chernihiv2022 Russia Ukraine
Siege of Mariupol2022 Russia
Donetsk PR Ukraine
Battle of Ivankiv2022 Russia Ukraine
Battle of Kyiv (2022)2022 Russia Ukraine
Battle of Hostomel2022 Russia Ukraine
Battle of Melitopol2022 Russia Ukraine
Battle of Volnovakha2022 Russia
Donetsk PR Ukraine
Battle of Lebedyn2022 Russia Ukraine
Battle of Mykolaiv2022 Russia Ukraine
Battle of Vasylkiv2022 Russia Ukraine
Battle of Bucha2022 Russia Ukraine
Battle of Irpin2022 Russia Ukraine
Battle of Makariv2022 Russia Ukraine
Battle of Enerhodar2022 Russia Ukraine
Battles of Voznesensk2022 Russia Ukraine
Battle of Izium2022 Russia Ukraine
Battle of Moshchun2022 Russia Ukraine
Battle of Huliaipole2022 Russia Ukraine
Battle of Orikhiv2022 Russia Ukraine
Battle of Brovary2022 Russia Ukraine
Battle of Rubizhne2022 Russia
Luhansk PR Ukraine
Battle of Marinka (2022–present)2022 Russia
Donetsk PR Ukraine
Battle of Slavutych2022 Russia Ukraine
Battle of Popasna2022 Russia
Luhansk PR Ukraine
Sloviansk offensive2022 Russia Ukraine
Battle of Kreminna2022 Russia
Luhansk PR Ukraine
Battle of the Siverskyi Donets2022 Russia Ukraine
Battle of Sievierodonetsk (2022)2022 Russia
Luhansk PR
Donetsk PR Ukraine
Battle of Toshkivka2022 Russia
Luhansk PR Ukraine
First Battle of Lyman2022 Russia Ukraine
Battle of Davydiv Brid2022 Russia Ukraine
Battle of Sviatohirsk2022 Russia Ukraine
Battle of Lysychansk2022 Russia
Luhansk PR Ukraine
Battle of Siversk2022 Russia
Luhansk PR
Donetsk PR Ukraine
Battle of Pisky2022 Russia
Donetsk PR Ukraine
Battle of Bakhmut2022 Russia
Donetsk PR Ukraine
Battle of Soledar2022 Russia
Donetsk PR
Luhansk PR Ukraine
2022 Kherson counteroffensive2022 Russia
Donetsk PR
Luhansk PR Ukraine
2022 Kharkiv counteroffensive2022 Russia
Donetsk PR
Luhansk PR Ukraine
Battle of Balakliia2022 Russia Ukraine
Battle of Kupiansk2022 Russia Ukraine
Second Battle of Lyman2022 Russia
Luhansk PR Ukraine
Luhansk Oblast campaign2022 Russia Ukraine
Battle of Vuhledar2023 Russia
Donetsk PR Ukraine
2023 Ukrainian counteroffensive2023 Russia Ukraine
Battle of Avdiivka (2023–2024)2023 Russia Ukraine
Intervention in Syria (2015––present)
Northwestern Syria offensive2015 Syria
Iran
RussiaSyria Opposition
Aleppo offensive2015 Syria
Iran
RussiaSyria Opposition
ISIS
Homs offensive2015 Syria
Russia ISIS
Latakia offensive2015–2016 Syria
RussiaSyria Opposition
Sukhoi Su-24 shootdown2015 Russia Turkey
East Aleppo offensive2015–2016 Syria
Iran
Russia ISIS
Hama offensive2015 Syria
RussiaSyria Opposition
Orontes River offensive2015–2016 Syria
RussiaSyria Opposition
Second Battle of Al-Shaykh Maskin2015–2016 Syria
RussiaSyria Opposition
Deir ez-Zor offensive2016 Syria
Russia ISIS
Northern Aleppo offensive2016 Syria
Iran
RussiaSyria Opposition
Khanasir offensive2016 Syria
Russia ISIS
Battle of al-Qaryatayn2016 Syria
Russia ISIS
Palmyra offensive2016 Syria
Russia
Iran ISIS
Southern Aleppo campaign2016 Syria
Iran
RussiaSyria Opposition
Aleppo bombings2016 Syria
RussiaSyria Opposition
Ithriyah-Raqqa offensive2016 Syria
Russia ISIS
Aleppo campaign
First offensive
Second offensive
2016 Syria
Iran
RussiaSyria Opposition
Latakia offensive2016 Syria
RussiaSyria Opposition

3. Putin has renounced every arms treaty. Gee, why would he do that? Study the list above.
4. While Putin was playing Whack-a-Mole around the world, we ignored what was happening. It wasn't Joe alone that triggered it.
5. Our whole country deceived itself with rainbows and lollipops. Some here would still rather lick Putin's shoes than face reality.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_battles_involving_the_Russian_Federation
Link Posted: 5/8/2024 3:08:06 PM EDT
[#43]
Link Posted: 5/8/2024 3:08:07 PM EDT
[#44]

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By fervid_dryfire:

^THIS
Link Posted: 5/8/2024 3:17:35 PM EDT
[Last Edit: AlmightyTallest] [#45]

Also wouldn’t surprise me a bit if it’s useless in heavy EW jamming and carries a 40mm warhead.
View All Quotes

https://pbs.twimg.com/card_img/1788270965300019200/djKUv2mO?format=jpg&name=900x900

The fact that big defense/Aerospace is making it tells me EW is a known calculation in what is expected of it, the Marines specifically want a system that will work in a nasty EW environment.  If it doesn't perform what is expected then Aerovironment Switchblade 600 and Anduril will win the contracts if theirs is EW resistant, and I think Aerovironment has the lead on first hand experiences here. That is just how this game works.

Rogue 1 will allow Marines to conduct “precision strikes against moving and stationary armored targets, soft-skinned vehicles, and dismounted threats,”  

Well, the initial production run is 127 units, and it has different warheads you can use, and the drone can come back to the user if no target is found.  Ramp up the production order to thousands in a multi year contract and make it capable of defeating million dollar tanks and it will probably be worth it.

Link Posted: 5/8/2024 3:21:41 PM EDT
[#46]
Originally Posted By _disconnector_:
The drones need a two stage warhead - one to blow the sheet metal cover off and the second to punch through the armor.  Unless they have ERA under the turtle  - then 3 stages would work.  
View Quote

The early models completely lacked ERA under the shed armor.
Link Posted: 5/8/2024 3:26:11 PM EDT
[#47]

Looks to me like it’s under control and punching out chaff.  I bet it got a chirp on the RWR and headed for the deck.  It looks to like it was pulling out at low altitude too.
Maybe there was a missile launch, maybe it was just a chirp.  No way to tell.
View Quote

not enough time to complete that final attempt at an outside loop
Link Posted: 5/8/2024 3:29:18 PM EDT
[#48]
View All Quotes

They just need to hit one of the tracks instead, and then finish it off later, or strike the recovery crew that tries to come get it.
Link Posted: 5/8/2024 3:30:44 PM EDT
[#49]

View Quote

I dont know man. The only thing Russia can produce 15 per day is factory smoking accidents and mysterious falls from windows...
Link Posted: 5/8/2024 3:31:52 PM EDT
[#50]

New laser anti drone systems.

Page / 101
Top Top