Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 29
Link Posted: 5/10/2024 4:43:09 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Advance] [#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By mooreshawnm:

Why are you so committed to this fight? After everything that's happened (as you were told it would) you continue to lose what little credibility you possess (which is none btw). You do understand you and your comrades are not helping the DOJ/Dems right?
View Quote

At this point, I wouldn't be surprised if this were a reverse psyop designed to keep the persecution of Trump in full focus on what is supposedly one of the most conservative sites on the internet. Plant a few people to keep the Liberal talking points front and center 24/7 and grind them into dust every day. I'm sure most lurkers would agree that although these threads grind on painfully, with the underscores never yielding an inch... Our side, by necessity, is kept fully aware of every single minute talking point/argument/detail and has the receipts necessary to expose these criminals for the traitorous pieces of filth that they are.

5GW
Link Posted: 5/10/2024 4:43:31 PM EDT
[#2]
Originally Posted By CMiller:
I know everybody is making the claim, but I want to know the evidence that shows we are looking at the placeholders in that picture and not the actual document covers.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
I know everybody is making the claim, but I want to know the evidence that shows we are looking at the placeholders in that picture and not the actual document covers.
The Special Counsel admits it.
Special Counsel's Motion

There's no claim that they aren't all in the correct boxes, The question is whether they were at Mar-A-Lago, not what order they were in the boxes.
We actually don't know what was in a specific box. This is why the preservation of evidence is critical. This is why you document what happens, otherwise we have no idea what the state of the evidence was at the time it was found by the FBI.
Link Posted: 5/10/2024 5:06:50 PM EDT
[#3]
Originally Posted By mcculver5:

Not really.  Mostly problems with the chain of custody go to weight not to whether it would be admitted.  

Sometimes evidence can be so compromised that it cannot be admitted.  We will see with this but my wild speculation is that the evidence would be admitted and a competent lawyer would spend hours and hours on C/X attempting to challenge the verity of the evidence.

It's a different question whether the posed pictures with the ZOMG TOP SECRET covers were done and leaked to prejudice the defendant in the press and taint the jury pool.  

Hint:  they were.
View Quote

What if Jack Smith used these pics as evidence to the Grand Jury to secure the indictment?
Link Posted: 5/10/2024 6:52:29 PM EDT
[#4]

1. I care about the truth, I want to know for myself what's true and what's not regardless of my preferred narratives. (In this case, my preferred narrative is that all of this is just a really bad dream. )

2. I think it's a good thing to help people if you can, so when somebody asks if they are understanding things correctly and I think I have information relevant to their question, I try to be helpful and offer what I can.

3. If I have no credibility, then I guess it's a good thing I don't make posts that are based on my credibility.
View Quote

Credibility in GD is a contradiction in terms. Truths which are inconvenient or which are not supportive of the GD political position at the moment, are generally unwelcome and often met with attacks.   The consolation is aspiring to popularity in GD is hardly a lofty aim: enjoy the jousting, don’t take it personally and don’t expect to change anyone’s position.  The flip side is that there are many subject matter experts here and it is a wonderful resource for information.
Link Posted: 5/10/2024 7:06:23 PM EDT
[#5]
Originally Posted By LordsOfDiscipline:

What if Jack Smith used these pics as evidence to the Grand Jury to secure the indictment?
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By LordsOfDiscipline:

Not really.  Mostly problems with the chain of custody go to weight not to whether it would be admitted.  

Sometimes evidence can be so compromised that it cannot be admitted.  We will see with this but my wild speculation is that the evidence would be admitted and a competent lawyer would spend hours and hours on C/X attempting to challenge the verity of the evidence.

It's a different question whether the posed pictures with the ZOMG TOP SECRET covers were done and leaked to prejudice the defendant in the press and taint the jury pool.  

Given the very low standard to run something through a grand jury?  

Probably nothing.
Link Posted: 5/10/2024 7:17:18 PM EDT
[#6]

Given the very low standard to run something through a grand jury?  

Probably nothing.
View Quote
technically the whole thing was fed entrapment.  They created their own probable cause..
Link Posted: 5/10/2024 8:13:34 PM EDT
[#7]

1. I care about the truth, I want to know for myself what's true and what's not regardless of my preferred narratives. (In this case, my preferred narrative is that all of this is just a really bad dream. )

2. I think it's a good thing to help people if you can, so when somebody asks if they are understanding things correctly and I think I have information relevant to their question, I try to be helpful and offer what I can.

3. If I have no credibility, then I guess it's a good thing I don't make posts that are based on my credibility.
View Quote

Dude, go work another account, this one's blown.
Link Posted: 5/10/2024 8:36:41 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Cincinnatus] [#8]
Link Posted: 5/10/2024 9:29:04 PM EDT
[#9]
Originally Posted By prolapsed_cranium:
Special Counsel's Motion

We actually don't know what was in a specific box. This is why the preservation of evidence is critical. This is why you document what happens, otherwise we have no idea what the state of the evidence was at the time it was found by the FBI.
View All Quotes
Special Counsel's Motion

There's no claim that they aren't all in the correct boxes, The question is whether they were at Mar-A-Lago, not what order they were in the boxes.

I've seen that, I've posted the relevant section in various conversations.

I'll leave that conversation for the thread dedicated to it:

https://www.ar15.com/forums/General/Remember-this-pic-from-the-FBI-Mar-a-Lago-raid-/5-2724051/?page=4

Obviously we don't know the details, but it sounds to me like the government did plenty of documenting of inventory:

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 5/10/2024 10:49:01 PM EDT
[#10]

View Quote

The Special Counsel admitted they can't specifically say what came from what box at this point.
Link Posted: 5/10/2024 10:56:36 PM EDT
[#11]

I've seen that, I've posted the relevant section in various conversations.

I'll leave that conversation for the thread dedicated to it:

https://www.ar15.com/forums/General/Remember-this-pic-from-the-FBI-Mar-a-Lago-raid-/5-2724051/?page=4

Obviously we don't know the details, but it sounds to me like the government did plenty of documenting of inventory:

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/585454/1000008424_jpg-3210904.JPG
View Quote

You glossed over the pages prior to that.

"We didn't keep track of the order of things, but we for sure know what box it came from"

turned into

"Ok......well there are some placeholders still in the boxes that don't correlate to documents"

turned into

"We had a non-FBI entity scan all of this....and even if it wasn't to the necessary standard....it's the best evidence"

turned into

"So.......yeah......some of these scans aren't reliable because we fucked it all up.....and we lied about that, Judge. lmao"
Link Posted: 5/10/2024 10:57:49 PM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 5/10/2024 11:00:40 PM EDT
[#13]
Originally Posted By Cincinnatus:

Yes, they documented how they screwed up the chain of custody and how they managed the scene.
View Quote

How would you imagine that will impact the actual charges?

His refusal to give stuff back, and his obstruction attempts?

Do you think it will matter what was in what box at the end of the day.
Link Posted: 5/10/2024 11:02:56 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 9D1Alpha] [#14]
And now it's all laid bare and in suspended animation for all to stare at. Frozen in time at the moment of the big reveal . All the clowns standing in the headlights like deer .
Link Posted: 5/10/2024 11:05:32 PM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 5/10/2024 11:09:11 PM EDT
[#16]

You can’t be serious.

Take a moment and consider those questions, yourself.
View Quote

Well, the only concession I’ve seen is that documents ended up in different boxes or in a different order, after they had to use cover sheets to protect the classified docs.  Is that what constitutes the chain of custody issue?  Is Trump’s team contesting the actual content of what was taken from MAL?
Link Posted: 5/10/2024 11:25:10 PM EDT
[Last Edit: AdLucem] [#17]
Originally Posted By Low_Country:

Well, the only concession I’ve seen is that documents ended up in different boxes or in a different order, after they had to use cover sheets to protect the classified docs.  Is that what constitutes the chain of custody issue?  Is Trump’s team contesting the actual content of what was taken from MAL?
View Quote

It’s not a chain of custody issue if there was no break in actual custody.  It’s an organizational flaw. For example if 10 boxes of evidence are secured in a container which remains in steady custody but the order of the boxes change or the individual files in the boxes are not kept in sequential order, that is hardly a fatal to the weighing of the evidence itself... if however evidence is left unsecured where it could be accessible or tampered with then there is a break in the chain of custody and that evidence can be challenged and deemed inadmissible.

Back in the day we were specifically prohibited from leaving evidence in a departmental vehicle. If we were logging in evidence directly from the crime scene we had to keep it in our possession the entire time and defense counsel often questioned how the evidence was treated if there were extended periods between recovery and the securing of evidence in the evidence section.
Link Posted: 5/10/2024 11:34:52 PM EDT
[#18]
Originally Posted By AdLucem:

It’s not a chain of custody issue if there was no break in actual custody.  It’s an organizational flaw. For example if 10 boxes of evidence are secured in a container which remains in steady custody but the order of the boxes change or the individual files in the boxes are not kept in sequential order, that is hardly a fatal to the weighing of the evidence itself... if however evidence is left unsecured where it could be accessible or tampered with then there is a break in the chain of custody and that evidence can be challenged and deemed inadmissible.

Back in the day we were specifically prohibited from leaving evidence in a departmental vehicle. If we were logging in evidence directly from the crime scene we had to keep it in our possession the entire time and defense counsel often questioned how the evidence was treated if there were extended periods between recovery and the securing of evidence in the evidence section.
View Quote

I got it.

Cincinnatus is being condescending in his dismissal of questions. So I’m asking him to defend his claims of the chain of custody issue and scene mismanagement. And then, to explain how it impacts the case given the actual changes.
Link Posted: 5/10/2024 11:35:35 PM EDT
[#19]

Well, the only concession I've seen is that documents ended up in different boxes or in a different order, after they had to use cover sheets to protect the classified docs.  Is that what constitutes the chain of custody issue?  Is Trump's team contesting the actual content of what was taken from MAL?
View Quote

Lmao. The Super, TOP SECRET cover sheets they used for their little photo op?

It's amazing how you can casually gloss over the FBI's clear attempts to fuck with Trump at the expense of their own foot.
Link Posted: 5/10/2024 11:38:38 PM EDT
[#20]
Originally Posted By StanGram:

It's amazing how you can casually gloss over the FBI's clear attempts to fuck with Trump at the expense of their own foot.
View Quote

You realize classified docs are supposed to have cover sheets, yes?

So the FBI brought their own cover sheets. Is that the big gotcha?
Link Posted: 5/10/2024 11:43:20 PM EDT
[#21]
TDS is real, amazing what kind of stupidity they are willing to indulge as long as orange man bad gets taken out, fuck the Constitution, blind Justice or the Country itself, orange man bad..fuckers should be ashamed of themselves, definitely not what conservatives would do...What a stain on the great men who have given their lives for this country....
Link Posted: 5/10/2024 11:50:13 PM EDT
[Last Edit: StanGram] [#22]

View All Quotes

Ah yes, that's very important when you throw them all over the floor and start taking pictures of them for the press.
Link Posted: 5/10/2024 11:53:19 PM EDT
[#23]

Ah yes, that's very important when you strew them all over the floor and start taking pictures of them for the press.
View Quote

I’m not disputing the photos were used as a publicity stunt.

I’m asking how you guys think classified cover sheets brought by the FBI affect the case from a legal standpoint.
Link Posted: 5/11/2024 12:02:01 AM EDT
[Last Edit: StanGram] [#24]

I'm not disputing the photos were used as a publicity stunt.

I'm asking how you guys think classified cover sheets brought by the FBI affect the case from a legal standpoint.
View All Quotes

Ah yes, that's very important when you strew them all over the floor and start taking pictures of them for the press.

I'm not disputing the photos were used as a publicity stunt.

I'm asking how you guys think classified cover sheets brought by the FBI affect the case from a legal standpoint.

You don't see an issue between your first and second sentence? How can you trust a DOJ you also just described as pulling "stunts" during a raid of a United States President?
Link Posted: 5/11/2024 12:10:53 AM EDT
[#25]

I’m not disputing the photos were used as a publicity stunt.

I’m asking how you guys think classified cover sheets brought by the FBI affect the case from a legal standpoint.
View Quote

Jesus dude, its no longer evidence, it's been tampered with...I guarantee if it was you under the DA's fucking knife you would feel a shit load different then you do now...Justice is supposed to be blind...it's no longer blind when the assholes fuck with it instead of doing a proper investigation by the book.....
Link Posted: 5/11/2024 12:21:29 AM EDT
[#26]

The Special Counsel admitted they can't specifically say what came from what box at this point.
View Quote

Where did you see that?  I read the opposite--they said the only change might be the order, but the contents of each box are as they were originally and as they were cataloged, except for placeholders substituted for classified documents that needed to be secured separately.

Attachment Attached File

The note at the bottom says they told the judge in a hearing that the boxes are in their "original intact form as seized", but the order of documents in the boxes might have changed.  Elsewhere on page 7 of the same document they say there might still be some duplicate handwritten placeholders left somewhere. That's quite different from "we don't know what came from what box".

You glossed over the pages prior to that.

"We didn't keep track of the order of things, but we for sure know what box it came from"

turned into

"Ok......well there are some placeholders still in the boxes that don't correlate to documents"

turned into

"We had a non-FBI entity scan all of this....and even if it wasn't to the necessary standard....it's the best evidence"

turned into

"So.......yeah......some of these scans aren't reliable because we fucked it all up.....and we lied about that, Judge. lmao"
View Quote

I don't understand how you get all that from this:

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 5/11/2024 12:22:52 AM EDT
[#27]

View Quote
Except If these were the documents that President Trump took from a secure area and not documents that the treasonist FFBI brought with them then they would be in fact "declasified" documents and not need a cover sheet.
Remember it has been explained to you over and over.
The President can declassify any document simply be removing it from a secure area.
Link Posted: 5/11/2024 12:25:36 AM EDT
[#28]

You don't see an issue between your first and second sentence? How can you trust a DOJ you also just described as pulling "stunts" during a raid of a United States President?
View Quote
When people say someone is intelligent but lacking in wisdom, I think you are seeing that.
Link Posted: 5/11/2024 12:27:19 AM EDT
[#29]
Originally Posted By MADMAXXX:
Except If these were the documents that President Trump took from a secure area and not documents that the treasonist FFBI brought with them then they would be in fact "declasified" documents and not need a cover sheet.
Remember it has been explained to you over and over.
The President can declassify any document simply be removing it from a secure area.
View Quote

lol, I’m not the one needing an explanation from GD on classified information and proper handling. Thanks though.

Maybe you can clarify this though…. Because I’ve read many conflicting posts.

Were the documents declassified because Trump brought them to MAL, or were they fake evidence as the FBI told trump to take them back to MAR from the GAO offices?
Link Posted: 5/11/2024 12:33:32 AM EDT
[#30]
that account's blown too.  Got any others?
Link Posted: 5/11/2024 5:14:22 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Scoobysmak] [#31]

View Quote

Humm, can you prove what was in the documents at this point….the FBI recently admitted no.  If the fake photo was staged why would anything else they did there be legitimate.

So if you do not know that he even had something that “obstructed justice” how are you going to charge him with it?

Are you going to raid his house again and try for a second attempt and hopefully file it right this time….and hope there is this evidence you speak of?
Link Posted: 5/11/2024 6:11:00 AM EDT
[#32]
Originally Posted By M4-AK:

More wake up material. Straws on the Camel's back.

Critical Mass additions.

But yes, evil is still in control.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By M4-AK:
Originally Posted By GRENDEL87:
And...nothing will happen.

More wake up material. Straws on the Camel's back.

Critical Mass additions.

But yes, evil is still in control.

Who would wake up already did years ago.  Who did not are just hopeless NPCs.

Link Posted: 5/11/2024 6:17:25 AM EDT
[#33]

View Quote

Who had "custody" when "order of the boxes change or the individual files in the boxes are not kept in sequential order"?  
For that to change, someone had to access the material.  
Who was that?  
Is there a log of who accessed and what they examined?
Did that person(s) have an escort?
If the assertion that the material is classified, did they have proper clearances?

That is piss poor "custody".
Link Posted: 5/11/2024 6:19:56 AM EDT
[#34]

lol, I’m not the one needing an explanation from GD on classified information and proper handling. Thanks though.

Maybe you can clarify this though…. Because I’ve read many conflicting posts.

Were the documents declassified because Trump brought them to MAL, or were they fake evidence as the FBI told trump to take them back to MAR from the GAO offices?
View Quote

GAO?
Link Posted: 5/11/2024 6:33:14 AM EDT
[#35]

View All Quotes

The prop gun was supposed to have blanks too.  Should the police fix the evidence and put blanks in the gun?  Or should they leave evidence exactly as they found it?
Link Posted: 5/11/2024 8:02:00 AM EDT
[#36]

You can’t be serious.

View All Quotes

Yes, they documented how they screwed up the chain of custody and how they managed the scene.

You can’t be serious.

If that's true, and they actually don't know what was in what box at all because they didn't document it properly?  They're going get destroyed in court if she ever lets the case go to a jury at all.  

I thought the whole discussion was about them possibly getting some papers out of order in the boxes when they were looking for classified docs in them.  That's a whole lot more forgivable than the other.
Link Posted: 5/11/2024 8:11:56 AM EDT
[#37]
I'll_give_them_credit_for_their_resolve_but_that's_about_it.
Link Posted: 5/11/2024 8:19:35 AM EDT
[#38]
Originally Posted By OldGlazier:
I'll_give_them_credit_for_their_resolve_but_that's_about_it.
View Quote

The_AI_cant_propagandize_everyone_yet_so_they_still_employ_some_humans.
Link Posted: 5/11/2024 8:29:16 AM EDT
[#39]
Originally Posted By UtahShotgunner:

Who had "custody" when "order of the boxes change or the individual files in the boxes are not kept in sequential order"?  
For that to change, someone had to access the material.  
Who was that?  
Is there a log of who accessed and what they examined?
Did that person(s) have an escort?
If the assertion that the material is classified, did they have proper clearances?

That is piss poor "custody".
View Quote

So have we gone from manufacturing and tampering with evidence to “piss poor custody?“ Evidence is boxed, handled, cataloged, marked, organized, collated for distribution to the parties all the time.  We used to use a manual bates machine to number each page...  I suspect they have a more sophisticated methodology these days. In any event, it is the job of a good defense counsel to point out and make the most of any deficiency, meaningful or not, piss poor or not.   The addition of organizational folders or the production of files in non-sequential order has little legal gravitas. At least in my view.

I suspect they are all somewhat careless with the handling of protected documents.  But Trump did a lot to bring this upon himself. Had he quickly agreed to return the documents and provided a milquetoast excuse I suspect this would’ve been a minor blip. Instead he doubled down, refusing to return them, possibly lying about possession, showing them off, and possibly keeping documents containing nuclear information. In my view that one typical of trump’s lack of sophistication and foresight. We live in a highly partisan nation, why give this opportunity to the Democrats?
Link Posted: 5/11/2024 8:35:23 AM EDT
[Last Edit: MADMAXXX] [#40]

So have we gone from manufacturing and tampering with evidence to "piss poor custody?" Evidence is boxed, handled, cataloged, marked, organized, collated for distribution to the parties all the time.  We used to use a manual bates machine to number each page...  I suspect they have a more sophisticated methodology these days. In any event, it is the job of a good defense counsel to point out and make the most of any deficiency, meaningful or not, piss poor or not.   The addition of organizational folders or the production of files in non-sequential order has little legal gravitas. At least in my view.

I suspect they are all somewhat careless with the handling of protected documents.  But Trump did a lot to bring this upon himself. Had he quickly agreed to return the documents and provided a milquetoast excuse I suspect this would've been a minor blip. Instead he doubled down, refusing to return them, possibly lying about possession, showing them off, and possibly keeping documents containing nuclear information. In my view that one typical of trump's lack of sophistication and foresight. We live in a highly partisan nation, why give this opportunity to the Democrats?
View Quote
He didn't need to return any of his documents.
Fuck their request.
ETA "Nuclear information" could mean anything including Clinton selling uranium to Russia.

Link Posted: 5/11/2024 8:40:03 AM EDT
[#41]

Ah yes, that's very important when you throw them all over the floor and start taking pictures of them for the press.
View Quote

I mean, that's what they did in Dementia Joe's garage, right?
Link Posted: 5/11/2024 8:41:38 AM EDT
[#42]
Originally Posted By UtahShotgunner:

GAO?
View Quote

U.S. Government Accountability Office (U.S. GAO)

GAO provides Congress, the heads of executive agencies, and the public with timely, fact-based, non-partisan information.

Congress created GAO in the Budget and Accounting Act of 1921 to assist in the discharge of its core constitutional powers--the power to investigate and oversee the activities of the executive branch, the power to control the use of federal funds, and the power to make laws.
Link Posted: 5/11/2024 8:42:01 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Cincinnatus] [#43]
Link Posted: 5/11/2024 8:47:08 AM EDT
[#44]
Fuck their request.
ETA "Nuclear information" could mean anything including Clinton selling uranium to Russia.

View Quote

So do you believe the same holds true for Biden?
Link Posted: 5/11/2024 8:50:56 AM EDT
[Last Edit: MADMAXXX] [#45]

View Quote
Senator Biden did not have the ability to declassify documents that the President has and you know that.
He should be in prison.
Link Posted: 5/11/2024 8:53:31 AM EDT
[#46]
Link Posted: 5/11/2024 8:59:24 AM EDT
[#47]

Trump claims that he “declassified” his documents, and if they were copies, they count as personal documents for reference.

Biden had never possessed the authority to declassify the documents he took, as VP or Senator.
View All Quotes
Fuck their request.

Trump claims that he “declassified” his documents, and if they were copies, they count as personal documents for reference.

Biden had never possessed the authority to declassify the documents he took, as VP or Senator.

I disagree with your first contention, but we’ve been through that before. No need to rehash. We can agree to disagree. As to the second contention, Yes, I believe the vice president has a little or no classification authority, but that was not my question.  Do you believe that Biden can declassify at will and can keep any and all documents he pleases?
Link Posted: 5/11/2024 9:06:21 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Cincinnatus] [#48]
Link Posted: 5/11/2024 9:11:43 AM EDT
[#49]
Originally Posted By Logcutter:

I mean, that's what they did in Dementia Joe's garage, right?
View Quote

Still waiting to see those photos of Bidens STOLEN documents spread out with cover sheets . He's too mentally diminished to be prosecuted yet he can be POTUS ? ,  wtf .
Link Posted: 5/11/2024 9:17:00 AM EDT
[#50]

View Quote

You realize Biden actually stole classified documents that he didn't have the ability to declassify, and kept them in his fucking garage, right?
Page / 29
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top