Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 3
Link Posted: 4/23/2024 2:31:35 PM EDT
[#1]
Any good videos of her tied up to a couch all Winter for five minutes?
Link Posted: 4/23/2024 2:46:50 PM EDT
[Last Edit: VaniB] [#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By cycletool:
News flash. There are creepy fucks everywhere that want to get laid. Even in science.
View Quote

Yes, this makes the point well enough, as I doubt the OP or many of you clicked onto that link to actually read pages of what never seemed to end.

Scrolling down in my phone I was never able to get to the end of that story. lol

Link Posted: 4/23/2024 2:55:28 PM EDT
[#3]
Originally Posted By Terriblis:
Jane is a solid Antarctica deployment 8.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/551902/th-3041492162_jpg-3195492.JPG
View Quote

To be completely fair, 1999 Jane was a good bit hotter than that pic

I wouldn't have hit on her, but hey.
Link Posted: 4/23/2024 3:07:52 PM EDT
[#4]
She would be sleeping in their tent when sometimes she would hear him wake up, and then see him standing there, peeing into a bottle with an erection.
View Quote

It's like a man can't do anything without being criticized these days
Link Posted: 4/23/2024 3:13:48 PM EDT
[#5]
OP suggests dude was creepy and trying to bang the female undergrads.

Wiki article seems to suggest he's just an asshole who was needlessly rough/abusive to the females in his field.

I'm sure the truth is somewhere in the middle.
Link Posted: 4/23/2024 3:14:03 PM EDT
[#6]
Originally Posted By Alien:
I read somewhere that all of the men and women there are fucking each other, regardless of marital status. Probably a bit of an exaggeration, but it's probably prevalent.
View Quote

My understanding is that's true .
Link Posted: 4/23/2024 3:29:25 PM EDT
[#7]
It's always 1% shitbags that cause 99% of the icky perv  problems.

A gal from an astronomy YT channel I follow spoke of incedents she's encountered.
Link Posted: 4/23/2024 3:37:19 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Giltweasel] [#8]
Originally Posted By only1asterisk:
I'm sorry, but if the stuff in the story supposed to be the sensational part, it certainly doesn't sound like much.

My wife's unfortunate looking friend as taken jobs in Antarctica and other isolated locals just to try and find someone desperate enough.
View Quote

As seen above...

Your wife's unfortunate looking friend Alice the Goon should get an Arfcom account.

No shortage of desperation here.

Am I the only one who can't piss with an erection?
Link Posted: 4/23/2024 3:39:16 PM EDT
[#9]
Originally Posted By DonS:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By DonS:
peeing into a bottle with an erection

Good title for a gwar song.
Link Posted: 4/23/2024 3:42:20 PM EDT
[Last Edit: LoBrau] [#10]
I'm sorry, but if the stuff in the story supposed to be the sensational part, it certainly doesn't sound like much.

My wife's unfortunate looking friend as taken jobs in Antarctica and other isolated locals just to try and find someone desperate enough.
View Quote

A good friend of mine has done several trips to antarctica, from what I understand it's pretty much just wall to wall fucking with the occasional core sample to justify the airplane ride.
Link Posted: 4/23/2024 3:43:14 PM EDT
[#11]
I read somewhere that all of the men and women there are fucking each other, regardless of marital status. Probably a bit of an exaggeration, but it's probably prevalent.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By wakeboarder:
Grad students never engage in sexual activities while conducting field research

Basically this.
Link Posted: 4/23/2024 3:47:46 PM EDT
[#12]
What happens in Antartica, stays in Antartica.
Link Posted: 4/23/2024 3:49:18 PM EDT
[#13]
Originally Posted By DKUltra:
Let me guess

After his firing he was replaced by a DEI hire!
View Quote

Professor Velvet Jones
Link Posted: 4/23/2024 3:50:14 PM EDT
[Last Edit: RealityCheck0311] [#14]
Originally Posted By Vikingsouthpaw:

A gal from an astronomy YT channel I follow spoke of incedents she's encountered.
View Quote

It happens in a lot of male dominated fields.

Especially when it's young college girls and the seasoned expert professor is always a man.

It's not "hitting on you," it's "being a mentor" even though the cute 22 year old girl is getting massive "personal" attention compared to the males in the class.

And if you're a female college student that complains, the tenured professor says "I've been doing this for 20 years, she's just being emotional" (because every past charge or complaint was swept under the rug)

Academia is like Hollywood, if you make waves as a young actress/student, the powerful people holding the strings make it tougher for you to advance.

Because you didn't want to sleep with a professor/producer, they label you "difficult to work with" and you become persona non grata.

That's why so many women are frustrated with men always saying "Just go into STEM!"

It's like telling a woman "For the next 4-6 years, you can only go to one bar for social activity. The bar is 95%+ men and many of them are socially inept and will act like creeps."
Link Posted: 4/23/2024 3:51:08 PM EDT
[#15]
Originally Posted By Terriblis:
Jane is a solid Antarctica deployment 8.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/551902/th-3041492162_jpg-3195492.JPG
View Quote

Eek man, that's your version of a 8?
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 4/23/2024 3:53:48 PM EDT
[#16]
Originally Posted By zeekh:

View All Quotes

Just like The Villages, FL
Link Posted: 4/23/2024 3:55:31 PM EDT
[#17]
I don't doubt dude was an asshole but I do doubt any allegations that are raised 20 years after the fact.  
I don't see any actual physical assault allegations, just claims a guy was a dickhead.
Link Posted: 4/23/2024 3:58:37 PM EDT
[#18]
I cancelled my wired subscription years ago because of their PC me-too garbage, but check out what wired's search box on their website recommends you search for.  
Because, you know, nerds read wired for bullshit like that.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 4/23/2024 4:03:25 PM EDT
[#19]
Thomas Dolby - She Blinded Me With Science (Official Video - HD Remaster)
Link Posted: 4/23/2024 4:15:37 PM EDT
[#20]
She blows a mean oboe.
Link Posted: 4/23/2024 4:37:31 PM EDT
[#21]
Is there laws against sexual harassment in Antarctica? Is there any laws within a territory that has no government?
Link Posted: 4/23/2024 4:37:37 PM EDT
[#22]
Originally Posted By RealityCheck0311:

Especially when it's young college girls and the seasoned expert professor is always a man.

It's not "hitting on you," it's "being a mentor" even though the cute 22 year old girl is getting massive "personal" attention compared to the males in the class.

And if you're a female college student that complains, the tenured professor says "I've been doing this for 20 years, she's just being emotional" (because every past charge or complaint was swept under the rug)

Academia is like Hollywood, if you make waves as a young actress/student, the powerful people holding the strings make it tougher for you to advance.

Because you didn't want to sleep with a professor/producer, they label you "difficult to work with" and you become persona non grata.

That's why so many women are frustrated with men always saying "Just go into STEM!"

It's like telling a woman "For the next 4-6 years, you can only go to one bar for social activity. The bar is 95%+ men and many of them are socially inept and will act like creeps."
View All Quotes

The shit creepy professors do is unreal. Put pretty women as co authors. Don’t have office hours for men.  

Friend told  me about this creepy prof we knew. He kept on asking a grad student out and holding up her dissertation. Finally another professor filed a complaint.
Link Posted: 4/23/2024 4:57:10 PM EDT
[#23]
So, a real life Howard Wolowitz?

Link Posted: 4/23/2024 5:02:37 PM EDT
[#24]
Originally Posted By RRA_223:

Wow.

(PM me her number, but it's gonna be nasty!).  

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By RRA_223:

Wow.

(PM me her number, but it's gonna be nasty!).  

Way to take one for the team bro
Link Posted: 4/23/2024 5:14:07 PM EDT
[#25]
Originally Posted By Fulcrum-5:
Eh....I've seen it.  Lots of PhDs (mainly Hard Science and Engineering) who basically grew up in the Nerd Ghetto, bereft of female companionship.....and them getting Grad Student RAs or other such field subordinates is really the first time they've been in close quarters with females....and they are In Charge.

Not a few of them don't handle themselves well, and go from "Academic/Professional Mentor" to "Bad Touch Soccer Coach" in a hot minute.
View Quote
Well said
Link Posted: 4/23/2024 5:35:41 PM EDT
[#26]
Coming up, on the next episode of Ice Road Fuckers...
Link Posted: 4/23/2024 5:42:13 PM EDT
[#27]

View Quote

Astronomy Cast?
Link Posted: 4/24/2024 7:07:00 AM EDT
[#28]
Originally Posted By redseven11b:
A rock star of rock study

Damn dude, save some pussy for the rest of us
View Quote

Bert?

Link Posted: 4/24/2024 7:24:15 AM EDT
[#29]
Wonder if it’s connected to this…

Ice Police Job

“This position is that of a Criminal Investigator in the Office of Investigations (OI), Office of Inspector General (OIG). The incumbent of this position is responsible for planning, implementing, and guiding a national investigative program with minimal oversight from the Special Agent in Charge or the Assistant Special Agent in Charge.

This position is designated as Remote Eligible.

This position requires travel up to 50% to Antarctica.”
Link Posted: 4/24/2024 7:41:27 AM EDT
[#30]
“Not in this life, Poindexter…”
Link Posted: 4/24/2024 7:43:50 AM EDT
[#31]
Originally Posted By 80085:
Interesting article. I can see it... I met that guy when I interviewed at BU for a PhD in his same department. The only thing I remember was that he was very cocky and full of himself.
View Quote

PHD people cocky?  no never.  cunts.
Link Posted: 4/24/2024 7:48:12 AM EDT
[#32]
Criminal Investigator (Special Agent), GS-1811-13 MP
National Science Foundation
Office of Inspector General (OIG) / Office of Investigations (OI)

This position requires travel up to 50% to Antarctica.

https://www.usajobs.gov/job/788120700
Link Posted: 4/24/2024 8:05:39 AM EDT
[#33]
Originally Posted By LoBrau:

A good friend of mine has done several trips to antarctica, from what I understand it's pretty much just wall to wall fucking with the occasional core sample to justify the airplane ride.
View Quote

this is exactly what an MD that I know said. he was stationed down there briefly and he said there were bowls of condoms. he said it was a real life Sodom and Gomorrah. Booze, Weed and Sex with some science stuff going on.
Link Posted: 4/24/2024 8:10:43 AM EDT
[#34]
WTF

1. Nerd girls in bikinis.
2. Leopard seals.
3. Profit.

I
am
DISAPPOINTED.
Link Posted: 4/24/2024 8:19:18 AM EDT
[#35]
There's a similar story going on right now with the New York Philharmonic.

20 year old allegation, truth is obviously somewhere in the middle, but now on the backdrop of #metoo it's acceptable to torch these guys on the altar of social progress.

The common denominator is always the same: absolutely worthless morality from all involved.
Link Posted: 4/24/2024 8:28:45 AM EDT
[#36]
With this, the Philharmonic story in the preceeding post, the general Hollywood Me-too thing, the thought that comes to mind for me is:  How do you even begin to defend yourself against a 20+ year old charge?  Especially if there actually was a consentual encounter at the time?

People have been banging---and marrying---the Boss since time immemorial.  You think Melinda Gates, to pick on her, (and why not?) regrets Bill hitting on her?  Are we going to automatically assume that any encounter between supervisor and subordinate, or any situation with an imbalance of negotiating power, automatically makes the encounter sexual harrassment worthy of compensation 20+ years down the road?  When there was no evidence of immediate outcry to cease the conduct, and in fact the conduct appeared to be desired by the subordinate?

Makes things complicated, but people aren't monks.
Link Posted: 4/24/2024 8:56:16 AM EDT
[#37]
Link Posted: 4/24/2024 9:44:06 AM EDT
[#38]
Originally Posted By Wineraner:
With this, the Philharmonic story in the preceeding post, the general Hollywood Me-too thing, the thought that comes to mind for me is:  How do you even begin to defend yourself against a 20+ year old charge?  Especially if there actually was a consentual encounter at the time?

People have been banging---and marrying---the Boss since time immemorial.  You think Melinda Gates, to pick on her, (and why not?) regrets Bill hitting on her?  Are we going to automatically assume that any encounter between supervisor and subordinate, or any situation with an imbalance of negotiating power, automatically makes the encounter sexual harrassment worthy of compensation 20+ years down the road?  When there was no evidence of immediate outcry to cease the conduct, and in fact the conduct appeared to be desired by the subordinate?

Makes things complicated, but people aren't monks.
View Quote

Women use men and men are ok with it until the women level up and crush them.
Link Posted: 4/24/2024 9:49:30 AM EDT
[#39]
Link Posted: 4/24/2024 9:53:50 AM EDT
[#40]
Originally Posted By DKUltra:
Let me guess

After his firing he was replaced by a DEI hire!
View Quote

Shit be cold yo!
Link Posted: 4/24/2024 9:57:55 AM EDT
[#41]
Originally Posted By redseven11b:
A rock star of rock study

Damn dude, save some pussy for the rest of us
View Quote

Link Posted: 4/24/2024 9:58:40 AM EDT
[#42]
I need to reread the article in greater detail, but regarding the main subject of the article, the things she took issue with are recurring themes in isolated, prolonged stays in mountainous environments - between ANY two individuals, regardless of sex.

Maybe it's just a poorly structured article, but when the main complaints are about having to pee in buckets and the snow when you are in one of the most isolated environments on Earth, I just can't take this perspective seriously.  

Let me see if I get this right...
- you are in the most vast landscape imaginable - yes - but there is no privacy
- the decision maker decides to stay in remote camp rather than multiple out-and-back ferries
- the decision maker is running a squad movement ... like a squad movement
- being tent-bound sucks, nobody likes it, someone is complaining about the hygiene habits of someone in the tent? (would need to know more, a lot more, about the season and the weather conditions outside the tent for this incident -  the lack of specificity raises questions, or the author simply has no frame of reference and should have found someone who did)
- faster party complaining about slower members of the party

I'm sorry, but these are common themes in backcountry experiences extending beyond 10 days.

Many of the researchers down in Antarctica do not have any prior backcountry experience, and have no frame of reference for this stuff, and are going to have a compelling tale that will engage the interests of others who also have no frame of reference for such an environment.

When the article can't separate the "deal with it" realities of a place like Antarctica from things that truly shouldn't be happening - it's not just unpersuasive, unconvincing, but it sets up a lot of doubt with me.

And then it's just the little things like "Drop and give me 50."  Maybe it happened, but it's just a number that is beyond my expectation - like it never really happened that way.  License with details like that should lead you to wonder about the rest.  Now, it's true when someone is telling a story, they will embellish for effect - but they will immediately double back to the statement and say something to the effect of "of course, not but you get the picture" without prompt or question about it.  If I hear her say "50," I'm going to start asking questions.  I suspect this author wouldn't have a frame of reference to do so.

Link Posted: 4/24/2024 5:19:19 PM EDT
[Last Edit: TheAvatar9265ft] [#43]
^yep and I don't imagine the Oboe scholarship gal had done remote expedition work before and was experience some adjustment issues. That said, the leader sounded like an ass.

Making her be the only one to share a tent? And having to do so with his brother? Sketchiness

I'd LOVE to go to the Dry Valleys.

View Quote

valid well written post

and user name checks out too
Link Posted: 4/24/2024 5:21:55 PM EDT
[#44]
Originally Posted By 762xIAN:
Stopped reading when no one mentioned any flamethrowers or issues with Swedes.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/63650/Mac_jpg-3195454.JPG
View Quote

Norwegians, they aren't Swedes...
Link Posted: 4/24/2024 5:25:28 PM EDT
[Last Edit: TxRabbitBane] [#45]

View All Quotes

I’ve known plenty of STEM grad school chicks that loved the attention and special treatment, so it goes both ways.

I dated a gal that said the only way she got her 4.0 for her masters and got into a PhD program was because she slept with her graduate advisor and one of her profs.
Link Posted: 4/24/2024 5:30:35 PM EDT
[#46]
They're only creepy if they're ugly.
Link Posted: 4/24/2024 5:33:31 PM EDT
[#47]
After reading it i do t believe half of what this woman says.

Sounds like a shitty employee that got a bad review blaming everyone.

She saw the man “Peeing with an erection”…..yea…ok.
Link Posted: 4/24/2024 5:33:48 PM EDT
[#48]

View All Quotes

Had a cousin teach in alaska at remote fly in village.  He said all the married teacher teams wound up divorced and everyone went home pissed at end of the year.
Link Posted: 4/24/2024 5:34:50 PM EDT
[Last Edit: RealityCheck0311] [#49]
Originally Posted By TxRabbitBane:

I’ve known plenty of STEM grad school chicks that loved the attention and special treatment, so it goes both ways.
View All Quotes

Of course that's true.

There is a lot of socially inept women or types that never got male attention going into STEM too and now they're a big fish in a small pond.

It's just challenging for women entering the programs that don't want the unwanted attention.

Same reason why some women actively avoid certain bars because of all the creeps. Except with a STEM program, the bar entrance is now locked and you're stuck inside.
Link Posted: 4/24/2024 5:39:20 PM EDT
[Last Edit: TxRabbitBane] [#50]

Of course that's true.

There is a lot of socially inept women or types that never got male attention going into STEM too and now they're a big fish in a small pond.

It's just challenging for women entering the programs that don't want the unwanted attention.

Same reason why some women actively avoid certain bars because of all the creeps. Except with a STEM program, the bar entrance is now locked and you're stuck inside.
View All Quotes

Of course that's true.

Thing is, if you’re going to live and work on the frontier (and Antarctica is about as far as you can get from civilization), you have to expect and know how to be tough enough to deal with the personality types (including the creeps) that are attracted to the edges of civilization (they’re there for a reason).

Expecting it to be cosmopolitan, liberal, Boston is a recipe for disaster - especially if you’re in the field for extended periods.

Note that this doesn’t mean that the creeps are any less so, just that a smart person should be prepared for a higher density of divergent types on the fringes of civilization.
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top