BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 7
Link Posted: 4/19/2024 7:54:15 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By FGracing:
Women tend to not accept responsibility or apologize when they know they are wrong. It's easier to twist around reality and deflect until they find a way to place the blame at your feet.
View Quote
It's because they're almost never held accountable for their actions.

How do you write women so well?

Link Posted: 4/19/2024 7:56:23 PM EDT
[#2]
You're fucked.

You're so fucked,  you cannot even comprehend.

You betrayed her.
You chastised her in front of your family.
You made her understand what she did was fucking dumb.

You're fucked.
Link Posted: 4/19/2024 8:01:04 PM EDT
[Last Edit: TheKill] [#3]
Reading all these posts blows my mind.

My wife once accidentally backed into my neighbors car.  

So I pull in and she says "I have to tell you something, I backed into the neighbors car".

I said "were you on the fucking cell phone when you did it?"  Because I know her, we have to have regular discussions about paying attention to operating the car at times.  She tends to make bad decisions when it comes to being distracted by shit while she should be focusing on driving.  

She got upset, but she didn't try to turn it around on me.  She said "no, but while I was backing up, I was trying to push the dog back into the back seat because he was trying to come up front".  

I said "so what did we learn here?"  She didn't have an answer, so I told her "next time pay attention to what you are doing, if you can't do that because, for example, the dog is climbing over the top of you, then just stop the car and fix the problem first for fuck's sake".  

She apologized.  I said "well how bad was it and what did the neighbor say" and she said "I went and got him, we looked at it, there was no damage.  I said "OK, let's learn from this so there isn't a next time that does damage or hurts somebody!"

Then the matter was forgotten and we went and had a nice dinner.  She has never dug it up to try and throw it back at me, and I haven't done that to her either.  

Now, pretty much every other woman I've been with would have turned it around on me and said I was "being an asshole", whatever and turned the entire episode into "TheKill treats his wife like shit, that is the entirety of the problem here, film at 11".  That is why if her and I ever split up, I won't be getting married again.  All this dysfunctional, unaccountable, shitty, narcissistic behavior that passes for normal "that's just women, learn to deal with it".  Yeah, no, fuck that, thanks.
Link Posted: 4/19/2024 8:05:50 PM EDT
[#4]
Originally Posted By TheKill:

So I pull in and she says "I have to tell you something, I backed into the neighbors car".

I said "were you on the fucking cell phone when you did it?"  Because I know her, we have to have regular discussions about paying attention to operating the car at times.  She tends to make bad decisions when it comes to being distracted by shit while she should be focusing on driving.  

She got upset, but she didn't try to turn it around on me.  She said "no, but while I was backing up, I was trying to push the dog back into the back seat because he was trying to come up front".  

I said "so what did we learn here?"  She didn't have an answer, so I told her "next time pay attention to what you are doing, if you can't do that because, for example, the dog is climbing over the top of you, then just stop the car and fix the problem first for fuck's sake".  

She apologized.  I said "well how bad was it and what did the neighbor say" and she said "I went and got him, we looked at it, there was no damage.  I said "OK, let's learn from this so there isn't a next time that does damage or hurts somebody!"

Then the matter was forgotten and we went and had a nice dinner.  She has never dug it up to try and throw it back at me, and I haven't done that to her either.  

Now, pretty much every other woman I've been with would have turned it around on me and said I was "being an asshole", whatever and turned the entire episode into "TheKill treats his wife like shit, that is the entirety of the problem here, film at 11".  That is why if her and I ever split up, I won't be getting married again.  All this dysfunctional, unaccountable, shitty, narcissistic behavior that passes for normal "that's just women, learn to deal with it".  Yeah, no, fuck that, thanks.
View Quote

Haha you talk to your wife like she’s five?
Link Posted: 4/19/2024 8:08:10 PM EDT
[#5]
Originally Posted By Ridgerunner9876:

We have some genuine security geniuses around here.

It is beginning to dawn on me that aptitude for matters such as security is generally lower than I expected on average.
View Quote

It seems to be on par with reading comprehension in these threads too
Link Posted: 4/19/2024 8:11:15 PM EDT
[#6]
Originally Posted By xylo:
If OP wasn't drunk/drinking, he could have taken care of his house instead. Next time don't be incapacitated. It's a hard world.
View Quote

So wait, because the wife blabbed that info, its his fault for relaxing at his parents and not making a 2 hour drive home at 11:30pm, putting him home at 1:30am, because she made a mistake?

Guess OP needs to be sheltered and miserable because he cant trust her to not blab info like that to strangers according to you. Sounds like a good life

Link Posted: 4/19/2024 8:13:42 PM EDT
[#7]
Originally Posted By WoolRug:
Do you guys ever listen to yourselves talk about how stupid and childlike you think your wives are?
View Quote

Why look for morals, brains, and common sense in a wife when you can have TIDDIES!!!!!!
Link Posted: 4/19/2024 8:19:16 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Millennial] [#8]
Meh,

Should have just gotten in the car and went to secure your shit and come back.  Or have a neighbor buddy do it.  Or been less of a dick about it to your wife and acted like it was no big deal until you could bring it up in private.

Also, how can you not know by now:

a) Women don’t apologize for anything. Ever. Even if caught red handed on video with 87 witnesses. Of course that shit’s your fault.  It was your fault before it even happened. In fact, the more obvious it is that she made a mistake or the more witnesses/observers that agree with you… The worse it is for you.

b) Her threat about taking a long time to forgive you is bullshit - you were never getting off the hook anyways.  Women don’t forget anything and never really forgive you.  I married the girl I dated all through high school…  20+ years later she still gives me shit about other girls I hung out with or flirted with in high school.  Just lay some great pipe a couple times and with any luck she won’t bring this shit up for a year or two.
Link Posted: 4/19/2024 8:19:20 PM EDT
[Last Edit: TheKill] [#9]
Originally Posted By OHBuckeyes:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes

Only when she does five year old level stupid shit.  Which is not very often.  In fact I think this, and a persec issue one time, are the ONLY times in 10 years.  

This isn't that fucking hard.

Also, she gives as good as she takes, when I earned it!
Link Posted: 4/19/2024 8:21:57 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Wizzy] [#10]

View Quote

Idk man. You’re kinda talking to her like she’s a little kid. Lots of women do have daddy issues though. But I feel you on the narcissistic personality disorder type of woman.
Link Posted: 4/19/2024 8:23:23 PM EDT
[#11]
Originally Posted By JamiesGotAGun:
You're fucked.

You're so fucked,  you cannot even comprehend.

You betrayed her.
You chastised her in front of your family.
You made her understand what she did was fucking dumb.

You're fucked.
View Quote

Hahahaha … so much this.

Sorry, brother.
Link Posted: 4/19/2024 8:39:36 PM EDT
[#12]
Originally Posted By StarCityShooter:

You do realize some people have a few (2-3) and dont drive after, right? Even though theyre not drunk?

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By StarCityShooter:
Originally Posted By JohnnyLoco:

Because 99% of the problems people post here involve emotional instability, loss of temper, and other issues, all of which are enhanced or caused by alcohol use. OP said he had too many to drive, which means he was drunk, end of story, and a safety and preparation fail because you have to always be ready to spring into action.

You do realize some people have a few (2-3) and dont drive after, right? Even though theyre not drunk?

Nope, these types think everyone drinks and/or smokes dope
Link Posted: 4/19/2024 8:43:52 PM EDT
[#13]
Originally Posted By StillGonnaSendIt:

You don’t tell people that you work? You’re busy that day?  You just tell people all the time “I’m chilling at the house”?

This might blow some of your minds but telling someone you’re out of town is not a breach of security.  Telling someone on Facebook market ‘can’t meet today as we’re out of town’ and giving them the address is no lore dangerous than any other time someone might find you.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By StillGonnaSendIt:
Originally Posted By Ridgerunner9876:

It's public record that they were 2 hours away from their home and not going to be there until the next day????

You don’t tell people that you work? You’re busy that day?  You just tell people all the time “I’m chilling at the house”?

This might blow some of your minds but telling someone you’re out of town is not a breach of security.  Telling someone on Facebook market ‘can’t meet today as we’re out of town’ and giving them the address is no lore dangerous than any other time someone might find you.

Wow you're gonna double-down on this.
Link Posted: 4/19/2024 8:48:32 PM EDT
[#14]
Originally Posted By BuckeyeRifleman:
Last weekend we were handing out with my parents about 2 hrs away. We're having a good time, I've had a few drinks, hanging out. My wife announced that she thought the person she was texting on marketplace might be a scammer. They said they sent the money for the workout equipment she was selling, but are now asking for a refund. I look at the texts, and I immediately agree that it's 100% a scammer.

She then told us that she had already given said person our address and told them we were out of town until tomorrow afternoon to arrange the meetup prior to receiving the money.

I flip out a bit. I don't raise my voice, but I'm more than a little angry with her for telling strangers we're out of town and giving them our address. I then look at our driveway/garage security camera and realize I forgot to charge it (it's at 1% battery.) This is my fault, but it fuels my unease more than a bit. I can't just drive home as I had been drinking, plus it's 11:30 at night. I think about the fact a house not far from ours got hit and cleaned out due to a social media post last year.

So I give my wife a bit of the riot act. Again, not to the point of losing my mind or raising my voice, but like "Seriously, did you think about the fact you don't know this person before telling them that!?" She just retorts, "Look at the profile pic, she seems normal!" This conversation lasts about 10 minutes. It was nothing crazy, I've had worse come to Jesus' from elementary school teachers.

Instead of just apologizing for her mistake, my wife doesn't take any responsibility for it and storms off to bed. So I vent a bit to my mom for about 20 minutes about my wife's lack of situational awareness and common sense at times, in reality I'm probably more pissed at myself for not charging the camera more than anything.  

I then get a text from the wife. "I hear everything you are saying, it's gonna take a long time to forgive you for this!"

Now I'm the bad guy. My wife has been seeing a therapist for depression/anxiety and some childhood trauma. I think that's great. The downside is, because of this she now seems to fancy herself a mental health expert. She claims that I need therapy and it wasn't normal to be angry over that, etc etc.

I apologized for probably overreacting.  
Thankfully, we got home and all was well and now I seem like an asshole. But it was still really dumb on her part. Somehow, it's now my fault and I'm the one who has problems.
View Quote

You are the asshole but only because you apologized to your wife.  You should have told her that you don't care how she feels.

You are the man. You are supposed to protect your family and stupid emotional feelings should not enter into your mind.

You should have let her storm off to bed. You should not care about her stupidity.
Link Posted: 4/19/2024 8:51:16 PM EDT
[#15]

View Quote
Ya I can see where every other woman on earth would think you were an asshole. I don't get where your wife had to apologize for her accident. I guess it's nice but seriously she didn't do it to you. And I don't get why it's okay for you to talk to her like a fucking child. It's fine to draw her attention to paying attention but you were condescending af. Why not just work with her and treat her like someone you love and respect?
Link Posted: 4/19/2024 8:55:08 PM EDT
[#16]
You're the bad guy for going online and posting about how stupid your wife is.
Link Posted: 4/19/2024 8:58:14 PM EDT
[#17]
You are not the bad guy, OP. Your needs an education on the ugly truth of this world we share with scum bags.

It’s not easy for anyone to receive criticism so it’s reasonable that she would get upset over being talked to about it but she needs it, for her own good, because you love her and y’all’s stuff.

Link Posted: 4/19/2024 8:59:13 PM EDT
[#18]
Basically, if your wife treats you like a bitch, you're a simp. If you're not equal on the playing field, you deserve what you get. Most American men are simps.
Link Posted: 4/19/2024 9:02:10 PM EDT
[#19]
I can see your frustration.  I’m frustrated for you.  

I would also be mad
Link Posted: 4/19/2024 9:20:36 PM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 4/19/2024 9:25:23 PM EDT
[#21]
Originally Posted By PlaneJane:
If I were either one of these two, I’d divorce the other one.
View Quote

Ha!
Link Posted: 4/19/2024 9:37:12 PM EDT
[#22]
I had a live in GF that was constantly leaving the house unlocked, garage door up when she would leave, etc. What made me crazy was her lack of ability to understand my point of "They aren't going to steal your candles and dolies, and shit, they are going to steal all MY SHIT, the guns, the knives, the ammo, the body armor, etc". She could never wrap her brain around that concept that it wasn't even a fair risk mistake, she was setting ME up to get cleaned out.

And yes, she's the ex GF, but not because of that stuff.
Link Posted: 4/19/2024 11:15:34 PM EDT
[#23]
OP do not take relationship advice from GD, ever. Period.

And I recognize the irony in that statement
Link Posted: 4/19/2024 11:19:23 PM EDT
[#24]
Originally Posted By FluffyTheCat:

You are the asshole but only because you apologized to your wife.  You should have told her that you don't care how she feels.

You are the man. You are supposed to protect your family and stupid emotional feelings should not enter into your mind.

You should have let her storm off to bed. You should not care about her stupidity.
View All Quotes
Last weekend we were handing out with my parents about 2 hrs away. We're having a good time, I've had a few drinks, hanging out. My wife announced that she thought the person she was texting on marketplace might be a scammer. They said they sent the money for the workout equipment she was selling, but are now asking for a refund. I look at the texts, and I immediately agree that it's 100% a scammer.

She then told us that she had already given said person our address and told them we were out of town until tomorrow afternoon to arrange the meetup prior to receiving the money.

I flip out a bit. I don't raise my voice, but I'm more than a little angry with her for telling strangers we're out of town and giving them our address. I then look at our driveway/garage security camera and realize I forgot to charge it (it's at 1% battery.) This is my fault, but it fuels my unease more than a bit. I can't just drive home as I had been drinking, plus it's 11:30 at night. I think about the fact a house not far from ours got hit and cleaned out due to a social media post last year.

So I give my wife a bit of the riot act. Again, not to the point of losing my mind or raising my voice, but like "Seriously, did you think about the fact you don't know this person before telling them that!?" She just retorts, "Look at the profile pic, she seems normal!" This conversation lasts about 10 minutes. It was nothing crazy, I've had worse come to Jesus' from elementary school teachers.

Instead of just apologizing for her mistake, my wife doesn't take any responsibility for it and storms off to bed. So I vent a bit to my mom for about 20 minutes about my wife's lack of situational awareness and common sense at times, in reality I'm probably more pissed at myself for not charging the camera more than anything.  

I then get a text from the wife. "I hear everything you are saying, it's gonna take a long time to forgive you for this!"

Now I'm the bad guy. My wife has been seeing a therapist for depression/anxiety and some childhood trauma. I think that's great. The downside is, because of this she now seems to fancy herself a mental health expert. She claims that I need therapy and it wasn't normal to be angry over that, etc etc.

I apologized for probably overreacting.  
Thankfully, we got home and all was well and now I seem like an asshole. But it was still really dumb on her part. Somehow, it's now my fault and I'm the one who has problems.

I cannot believe people lionize this horseshit

The arfcom curse is not a mystery
Link Posted: 4/19/2024 11:22:00 PM EDT
[#25]
Originally Posted By dc306:
I had a live in GF that was constantly leaving the house unlocked, garage door up when she would leave, etc. What made me crazy was her lack of ability to understand my point of "They aren't going to steal your candles and dolies, and shit, they are going to steal all MY SHIT, the guns, the knives, the ammo, the body armor, etc". She could never wrap her brain around that concept that it wasn't even a fair risk mistake, she was setting ME up to get cleaned out.

View Quote

Other people know you have that shit? Who’s the retard here lmao
Link Posted: 4/19/2024 11:23:59 PM EDT
[#26]
wait until she is gone and break into the house to prove a point
Link Posted: 4/19/2024 11:28:45 PM EDT
[#27]
Originally Posted By perfectsilence:

View All Quotes

They'll know it when they're tearing his house apart and find it.
Link Posted: 4/19/2024 11:30:36 PM EDT
[#28]
Her feelings are not your responsibility.
Link Posted: 4/20/2024 12:13:02 AM EDT
[#29]
She's pissed because you bitched her out in front of YOUR mother which is always almost a wife's biggest competition. And you revisited after the opening salvo. Does she know you ranted about her to your mom?
The errors are all your. You picked her.
Some serious tactical errors there.
Link Posted: 4/20/2024 12:40:46 AM EDT
[#30]
Women think differently than men and do womanly things...

Link Posted: 4/20/2024 9:09:16 AM EDT
[#31]
Originally Posted By StevenH:
Her feelings are not your responsibility.
View Quote
True but he did take a vow to care about her feelings.
Link Posted: 4/20/2024 9:21:02 AM EDT
[#32]

View Quote

Apparently, you are. If someone walked into his house they will be looking for valuables not candles. Of course you need more than two brain cells to comprehend that.
Link Posted: 4/20/2024 9:21:57 AM EDT
[#33]
Yes, you are the bad guy.

You got drunk and read your wife the riot act in front of others over an innocent mistake. You could have easily explained why you can’t reveal that kind of info online politely. That should have been done in private.

I don’t downgrade my wife to anyone, which is an good all around policy. I can’t imagine talking shit about her while she listens from the other room.

Link Posted: 4/20/2024 9:24:15 AM EDT
[#34]

View Quote

Truth!

Link Posted: 4/20/2024 9:25:50 AM EDT
[#35]
Buncha White Knights all up in this thread.
Link Posted: 4/20/2024 10:38:55 AM EDT
[#36]

Yup, you are right.

99% of the time I would’ve kept my mouth shut and calmly explained what kind of danger she put us in.

Had my security camera not been at 1% battery (no shit) I probably would’ve reacted that way even though I still would’ve been mad.

Instead my inner monologue became my outer monologue. “WTF… are you serious? How could you give a stranger our address then tell them we are out of town? Did you not think about that at all?”

That’s more or less what was said. It wasn’t like “You stupid bitch!” or anything.
View Quote

No matter how you said it, or how good your intentions were, all she heard was the unspoken “you stupid bitch!”

It’s like there’s a neural pathway in their brain that turns everything into a degrading insult that ends with “you stupid bitch”
Link Posted: 4/20/2024 11:20:51 AM EDT
[Last Edit: StraightShootinGal] [#37]
Originally Posted By terryj:
Did you check references before you entered into that contract?
View Quote

And this is where I'm going...

Dr. Laura says "Choose wisely, treat kindly"

I'm sure this isn't the only stupid thing OP's wife has done. So OP's the bad guy cuz why get mad when you know she has the propensity to do stupid stuff?

Reminds me of my brother. He marries a hot airhead and spends most of his time berating her every time he gets. He wants to mold her into a CEO or something, when she just wants to sit around and look pretty.

So, OP, she (dumb or not) is who you married. Like someone else already posted here - get used to it and find more creative ways to work around her idiocracy (i.e. "Honey, can I help you with that?") or divorce.

Link Posted: 4/20/2024 11:30:10 AM EDT
[#38]
Link Posted: 4/20/2024 11:32:00 AM EDT
[#39]
Up until venting to mommy you were good to go.

After that, you are the asshole.
Link Posted: 4/20/2024 12:29:39 PM EDT
[#40]

View Quote

I disagree.

I'm just reading off a screen, but to me this read like a guy who was trying to remain calm and rational and not cause his wife to burst into tears (fewer or no curse words would have greatly helped with this though).

The fact that men often have to play a mental game of chess in reverse, so they can select their words ever so carefully to prevent an outburst of screaming, crying, or vindictive emotional manipulation, is why he seems like he was talking to a five year old: because most men are able to hear and accept "Hey, you fucked up, got it? Fix yourself", and move on about their day, while most women are not.

There are a bunch of other anecdotes in this thread about how the women folk in their lives are wired different, and quite often that looks like people who don't understand danger, accountability, or consequences.
Link Posted: 4/20/2024 2:42:00 PM EDT
[#41]
Originally Posted By brownbomber:

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By brownbomber:

Don't waste your time trying to explain it, just ignore.
Link Posted: 4/20/2024 2:51:01 PM EDT
[#42]
Link Posted: 4/20/2024 4:05:41 PM EDT
[#43]
There is not one person I would complain about my wife to, other than my wife.  She can be completely wrong about something, but I'm sticking up for her until it's just the two of us talking.  She gives me the same respect.
I'm sure that is what your wife is actually pissed about, and I don't blame her.  

Link Posted: 4/20/2024 4:20:09 PM EDT
[#44]
updates OP ??

y’all still married ?
Link Posted: 4/20/2024 4:55:58 PM EDT
[#45]
Originally Posted By MFP_4073:
updates OP ??

y’all still married ?
View Quote

Yeah, we’re fine. We talked it out. I explained my side, and that it was the perfect shit storm or bad circumstances, so I didn’t handle it well. (Camera getting left at 1%, a few drinks deep, mom being there for the whole thing so an easy outlet to vent my stress/frustration, etc) I think she gets it, but I’m also certain this will get brought up at some point in the future when inevitably we get in another tiff. That’s how it goes I guess, women never forget.

I also explained why I was so worried. She still sort of doesn’t get it which is frustrating… “I still don’t understand why it was such a big deal? I don’t want to live in a world where I have to think like that.”

“Well you do, whether you like it or not, just be a little more careful next time. Maybe I should handle the marketplace selling next time.”
Link Posted: 4/20/2024 6:54:12 PM EDT
[#46]
Link Posted: 4/20/2024 7:12:56 PM EDT
[#47]
First rule is never talk bad to family about family, no matter how stupid, ugly, petty, or autistic they are.
Link Posted: 4/20/2024 7:21:26 PM EDT
[Last Edit: AmericanPeople] [#48]

I also explained why I was so worried. She still sort of doesn’t get it which is frustrating… “I still don’t understand why it was such a big deal? I don’t want to live in a world where I have to think like that.”
View Quote

Start showing her videos of people being robbed and killed by the vermin that is in the USA.  If she ignores it she could end up dead.

One example is that video of four or five guys stealing a corvette and telling the owner not to come out or he will die.

Then the woman who was kidnapped and killed by possible druggies in broad daylight in Orlando FL
Link Posted: 4/20/2024 7:59:23 PM EDT
[#49]

Yeah, we’re fine. We talked it out. I explained my side, and that it was the perfect shit storm or bad circumstances, so I didn’t handle it well.  

“Well you do, whether you like it or not, just be a little more careful next time. Maybe I should handle the marketplace selling next time.”
View Quote

Glad y’all got it worked out.

Nobody’s perfect.
Link Posted: 4/20/2024 9:44:16 PM EDT
[#50]
Originally Posted By ArmedKulak:
You're the bad guy for going online and posting about how stupid your wife is.
View Quote

lol
Page / 7
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top