Originally Posted By CarmelBytheSea:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uHJ3qOWvs_E

Alison Brie was so ridiculously cute/hot in that show

Painfully so
Link Posted: 4/18/2024 5:30:15 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Hesperus:
Awhile ago I heard a review of that movie where it was said that the militant feminists will probably use their political power to outlaw these things. They will still be available on the black market from foreign sources. But they won't look like Ana de Armas. They will probably look like very over the top anime characters.

I can see that happening. Despite what the doomers say our world is not the world of Blade Runner just yet. We haven't had a massive nuclear exchange that turns blocks of wood into a precious commodity, killed all the owls and left Jared Leto as the psychotic corporate lord of all creation... Yet.
View Quote

If the damned things looked like Ana de Armas and acted like Joi, i might be tempted myself. $10k/month billing might be cheaper than a real woman.
Link Posted: 4/18/2024 5:33:26 AM EDT
[#5]
Originally Posted By Ronin72:

Correct. Too bad 2049 sucked.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Ronin72:
Originally Posted By Arty8:
Blade runner got everything right, pal.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KOkChCapGms

Correct. Too bad 2049 sucked.

Funny how someone like you can think it was garbage and someone like me considers it a masterpiece. Subjectivity.
Link Posted: 4/27/2024 2:34:33 PM EDT
[#6]

View Quote

Bump so that I can find this on Active Topics.
Link Posted: 4/27/2024 2:40:43 PM EDT
[#7]
Seeing K's character pop that libtard Dave Bautista in the beginning was worth the price of admission alone. Yeah, it's fictional, but entertaining none the less. Awesome movie. Me and another Arfcommer will be going into the AI girlfriend business together soon.
Link Posted: 4/27/2024 2:49:11 PM EDT
[#8]
I watched 2049 last night.

It was great.

AI and robotics will force us into some kind of artificial breeding program in order to propagate the species.

Besides...we won't get off world without replicants.
Link Posted: 4/27/2024 3:49:13 PM EDT
[#9]

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P1KGx5n5OCA
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By DamnYank:

Alison Brie was so ridiculously cute/hot in that show

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P1KGx5n5OCA

The outtake from that scene is much better.

But Annie’s young, so we try not to sexualize her.

Community S01E09 Outtake - Alison Brie
Link Posted: 4/27/2024 3:57:13 PM EDT
[#10]
Originally Posted By Underscore_O_Three:

It was great.

AI and robotics will force us into some kind of artificial breeding program in order to propagate the species.

View Quote

The problem with long duration space flight is bone loss or calcium loss.  In the mid 1990’s, when I was a human factors major, NASA made it sound like an it was only women suffering from calcium loss and bone thinning.  Which is one of the reasons why you see old videos of astronauts bungee corded to treadmills, exercising in Zero gravity.  

The last two abstracts on bone loss in space that I just read made it sound like both sexes suffer the same amount of osteoporosis.

Link Posted: 4/27/2024 7:31:06 PM EDT
[#11]
Originally Posted By WeimaranerDad:

The problem with long duration space flight is bone loss or calcium loss.  In the mid 1990’s, when I was a human factors major, NASA made it sound like an it was only women suffering from calcium loss and bone thinning.  Which is one of the reasons why you see old videos of astronauts bungee corded to treadmills, exercising in Zero gravity.  

The last two abstracts on bone loss in space that I just read made it sound like both sexes suffer the same amount of osteoporosis.

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Underscore_O_Three:

It was great.

Replicants are just incredibly shoddy clones stripped of all pretense of human rights. Sending them or humans into situations that will kill them offworld is an old prophecy of dystopian science fiction. But I don't think it's very likely. It takes A Lot! Of energy to get a human into orbit and if they were to die as a result of some half baked corporate idea then their families would sue the fuck out of whoever was responsible.

The corporate masters of our dystopian hellscape of heartless pointless nihilstic existence may not fear being torn limb from limb by an angry mob, but they sure as fuck fear lawyers.

Ten High Priced Lawyers (The Simpsons)
Link Posted: 4/27/2024 7:34:18 PM EDT
[#12]

View Quote

A what?
Link Posted: 4/27/2024 7:42:40 PM EDT
[Last Edit: FMJshooter] [#13]
That's basically Onlyfans now, so yep.
Link Posted: 4/27/2024 7:43:14 PM EDT
[#14]
Originally Posted By Scalped:

A what?
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Scalped:

A what?

Is Human Factors the new name for Physiology? If not, what’s the difference?
Link Posted: 4/27/2024 7:56:33 PM EDT
[#15]
Originally Posted By Blanco_Diablo:

Howdareyou.gif

I loved BR2049.. like, one of my favorite movies, loved. And yes I love the original as well.
View Quote

Agreed.

The cinematics alone are coom-worthy.

To the unawakened: Watch a 4k HDR remux (physical BR disk if you can) on an OLED display in a pitch black room. Enjoy!
Link Posted: 4/27/2024 11:21:15 PM EDT
[#16]
Boom
Link Posted: 4/27/2024 11:41:05 PM EDT
[#17]

View Quote

I thought that was going to be the movie but it's 1.75 hours of the same shit.
Link Posted: 4/27/2024 11:50:57 PM EDT
[#18]
2049 was actually epic.
Humanity had become so detached from relationship and reality that programmed A.I was actually more humanlike.
Humans rooting in the dirt like lust fuled animals while the A.I was desperate for meaning and touch.

Great movie.
Link Posted: 4/27/2024 11:54:10 PM EDT
[#19]
Originally Posted By Hesperus:
Awhile ago I heard a review of that movie where it was said that the militant feminists will probably use their political power to outlaw these things. They will still be available on the black market from foreign sources. But they won't look like Ana de Armas. They will probably look like very over the top anime characters.

I can see that happening. Despite what the doomers say our world is not the world of Blade Runner just yet. We haven't had a massive nuclear exchange that turns blocks of wood into a precious commodity, killed all the owls and left Jared Leto as the psychotic corporate lord of all creation... Yet.
View Quote

If they aren’t outlawed by the feminists, then I would say a billion-dollar business is a severe under-estimate.
Link Posted: 4/28/2024 12:00:09 AM EDT
[#20]
Blade Runner 2049 was a fucking awesome movie. 10/10

Fight me
Link Posted: 4/28/2024 12:19:52 AM EDT
[#21]
Originally Posted By T1NMAN:
2049 was actually epic.
Humanity had become so detached from relationship and reality that programmed A.I was actually more humanlike.
Humans rooting in the dirt like lust fuled animals while the A.I was desperate for meaning and touch.

Great movie.
View Quote

Joi had autonomy enough to chance death for K, because she actually "loved" him.

While on this subject of electronic lovers, check a out a film with Joaquin Phoenix called "Her". A lonely divorced man in the future falls in love with a new personable computer operating system installed in his home. If i recall, Scarlet Johanson is the voice of the operating system.

Her Official Trailer #1 (2013) - Joaquin Phoenix, Scarlett Johansson Movie HD

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top