Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 9/8/2004 7:41:28 AM EDT
[#1]
Its over now, thank god!!! I just happened to click on the Senate Watch link from yesterday and seen it in C-Span. I immediately had to go to the bathroom and get the Nitro out as I was feeling faint.
I just can't believe that Feinswine and Schumer can get away with telling so many lies!
I also can't believe that California, with all of those people, vote this lying bitch that is riding on one agenda into office every year. Does she ever spew about anything other than the AWB? It is funny that most of the hideous gun crimes and pursuits happen out in California. They are just soooo good out there!
Link Posted: 9/8/2004 7:44:05 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
Call the president.
Call the president.
Call the president.
Call the president.
Call the president.
Call the president!!!!

202-456-1111

Call It!!!

And e-mail him!

[email protected]
Link Posted: 9/8/2004 10:53:09 AM EDT
[#3]
http://cbs2.com/california/CA--Feinstein-Assault-kn/resources_news_html

Wed., Sept. 8

Feinstein criticizes Bush for inaction on assault weapons ban
Wednesday September 08, 2004
By ERICA WERNER
Associated Press Writer

WASHINGTON (AP) Days before a ban on assault weapons is set to expire, Sen. Dianne Feinstein accused President Bush of staying silent on the issue because he wants the endorsement of the powerful National Rifle Association.

``The president quietly awaits Sept. 13 and hopes that after he lets the ban expire, he can once again receive the endorsement of the NRA, because the NRA is not going to make their endorsement until the ban expires,'' Feinstein, D-Calif., said Wednesday on the Senate floor.

Bush has said in the past that he supports renewing the ban that Feinstein authored 10 years ago. But he has not pushed congressional Republicans on the issue, and House GOP leaders never brought it up for a vote.

A renewal passed the Senate in March, but the larger bill it was attached to was voted down after intense NRA lobbying.

The NRA supported Bush in 2000 but has not yet officially endorsed a presidential candidate despite criticizing Democratic nominee John Kerry.

Feinstein, other Democrats, anti-gun groups and law enforcement officials are pushing the ban hard this week with press conferences and full-page newspaper advertisements. But lawmakers are not expected to intervene before Monday, when the ban on the manufacture and importation of 19 types of common military-style assault weapons will expire if they don't.

``These weapons don't belong in civilian hands,'' Feinstein said.

Spokesmen for the White House and the NRA did not immediately return calls for comment.

(Copyright 2004 by The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved.)

In the interest of timeliness, this story is fed directly from the newswire and may contain occasional typographical errors.
Link Posted: 9/8/2004 11:07:41 AM EDT
[#4]
I just sent the President an email:

Dear Mr. President,

I am a former U.S. Marine, and a former member of the law enforcement community.  I am also a registered Republican, and an active member of my community that votes regularly.

I would like to affirm my support for the sunset of the Assault Weapons Ban.  This law didn't do anything to combat the real problem: punishment of those that have broken laws already on the books.  As a law-abiding citizen and owner of semi-automatic rifles considered assault weapons, I find myself limited in my purchasing options while any terrorist or criminal can quickly get what they want on the street via underground methods.  I feel that it is my right, granted to me by the 2nd Amendment, to be able to purchase any firearm I would like, and that right is guaranteed to me by the Bill of Rights.  I am surprised that a law infringing upon my Constitutional right to bear arms was passed in the first place: I implore you to allow the Assault Weapons Ban to sunset.

If there has to be any future gun legislation, please make it something that would punish those that commit the crimes, not those that abide by the laws, even when they are unconstitutional.

Keep up the good work, and may God bless you and the United States of America.

Regards,

XXXXXXXXXXX XXXXXXXXXXX
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Top Top