Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 9/8/2004 6:11:56 AM EDT
[#1]
Take a third to half cup of bleach and the other half water, jump in shower and rub this solution over the area affected, let it set for a minute then wash off with soap and water.   I have been clearing fences in deep East Texas and the chiggers will carry you off.  A logger told me of this remedy.   It works.....
Oterwise dust your pants and boots with sulfur powder to keep them off in the first place.  You'll smell like sh#t, but the chiggers will leave you alone.
Link Posted: 9/8/2004 5:35:30 PM EDT
[#2]
Thanks for all of the valuable (and humorous) information, guys. It appears that I am "over the hump" and it's not as bad as it was. They still itch, but not as bad as at first. Now they are just hundreds of little weeping blisters. Like I said, it has been many years since I had them this bad, and hopefully this will be the last...
Link Posted: 9/8/2004 5:48:45 PM EDT
[#3]
From the other thread on chiggers..good info.

Quoted:
Misconceptions are common--facts:  www.conservation.state.mo.us/nathis/arthopo/chiggers/

Link Posted: 9/8/2004 6:23:39 PM EDT
[#4]
Scratch the holy hell out of them and then wet a rag with rubbing alcohol.  Rub on your open wounds vigorously and howl about the pain.  

I dont itch after I do that.
Link Posted: 9/8/2004 7:26:07 PM EDT
[#5]
Fade back to 1976 and Fort Hood.
As I had some (all over my legs to my waist, including my balls) chigger bites during one trip to The Field, I sympathize with each and every legitimate “Cure”.  The first night I woke up 5 times because of the itches.  The second night I woke up twice.  Nothing helped.
What really gets me is that I never once saw the (Naughty collection of cuss words) bugs that bit me.
After that every time I went into The Field during the summer I would be wearing on my boots the anti-flea dog collars.   It worked.  Of course I just could have worked up an immunity to chigger bites.

In other words, you really can't and don't.
Link Posted: 9/9/2004 5:01:51 PM EDT
[#6]
Hey, I feel pretty good tonight.

My wife had an appointment with her allergist today and mentioned my chigger problem. The allergist advised an ointment called Aveeno and oral Benadryl. My wife picked up a tube of the Aveeno and after showering tonight I applied it to the affected areas. I was so covered with them that it took about half a tube, but what relief! No itching now whatsoever. One warning though, it definitely warmed up my "nether region" when applied there.

I may actually beat this yet.
Link Posted: 9/9/2004 5:16:26 PM EDT
[#7]
SAS Book says to put duct tape over them so they will die and then you can pop them out.

or just burn 'em with a cig
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top