Link Posted: 3/28/2024 10:26:48 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By HandtoHandWombat:
Well, she's not a man, so no
View Quote

Link Posted: 3/28/2024 10:27:10 AM EDT
[#2]
My GF can't pick up and move a case of 45acp without trouble. She also weighs just over 100lbs.
Link Posted: 3/28/2024 10:33:33 AM EDT
[#3]
How does that old saying go?

That ain't no real lady if "she" can bench 180?

(And I wish I were back down to 180 these days....)
Link Posted: 3/28/2024 10:35:42 AM EDT
[#4]
My wife does power lifting. Per GD I must have married a man. My kids are going to be asking a lot of questions when I break the news to them.

Link Posted: 3/28/2024 10:37:20 AM EDT
[#5]
Originally Posted By M1Zeppelin:
My wife does power lifting. Per GD I must have married a man. My kids are going to be asking a lot of questions when I break the news to them.

View Quote

Well...

Let's hear some numbers.
Link Posted: 3/28/2024 10:59:26 AM EDT
[#6]

View Quote

Thousand club?
Link Posted: 3/28/2024 11:01:14 AM EDT
[#7]
That would be weird, no.
Link Posted: 3/28/2024 11:03:58 AM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 3/28/2024 11:08:15 AM EDT
[#9]
No way.  She's 70, and I am an old fat bastard now.
Link Posted: 3/28/2024 11:12:18 AM EDT
[#10]
Yes she can bench my Big Weiner and has multiple times.

As of right now it is benched. Could be out for the season. IDK.
Link Posted: 3/28/2024 11:15:22 AM EDT
[#11]
My wife can't even bench the bare barbell.
Link Posted: 3/28/2024 11:17:01 AM EDT
[#12]
I dated a chick in the 90's who was 5' 6'' and weighed 130 lbs. She could bench press 140lbs 1 time. Saw her do it.

She also fought better than most men. Decent jab, hard straight right, hooks, upper cut's  etc.

Lucky for me I learned to keep my left up and move at a very young age. She never landed anything substantial.

Link Posted: 3/28/2024 11:37:03 AM EDT
[#13]
Originally Posted By fargo007:

Thousand club?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By fargo007:

Thousand club?

Close, she’s over 800. Her max bench is right at 210-220 which is my weight.

Naturally her bench is her weakest but both squat and deadlift are around the 300-350. She’s done 300 on deadlift but her form is crap and she can’t help but roll the bar on her legs. Squat is her strongest. I’ve not asked in a while what she’s up to but I know 300. She does training twice and week with programming. I think she’s planning to do her 2nd meet here soon.

Link Posted: 3/28/2024 12:22:11 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Diamond2J] [#14]
Originally Posted By Jarcese:
Of course.  You're a failure if you don't go home to this every night?!

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/473548/Jx91I93X4xLRDrl0OfgbHUpC3vMuQzRf_lg_jpg-3171626.JPG
View Quote

Yep, end of thread

ETA - this thread is pointless since all of us are 300lb basement dwellers with no wives or girlfriends
Link Posted: 3/28/2024 12:25:44 PM EDT
[#15]

Naturally her bench is her weakest but both squat and deadlift are around the 300-350. She’s done 300 on deadlift but her form is crap and she can’t help but roll the bar on her legs. Squat is her strongest. I’ve not asked in a while what she’s up to but I know 300. She does training twice and week with programming. I think she’s planning to do her 2nd meet here soon.

View Quote

That's wildly impressive.
Link Posted: 3/28/2024 12:26:41 PM EDT
[#16]
Nope.

My sister can, though.
Link Posted: 3/28/2024 12:29:03 PM EDT
[#17]
No. But neither of us do a standard horizontal (flat) bench.
Link Posted: 3/28/2024 12:54:41 PM EDT
[#18]
Originally Posted By Notcalifornialegal:

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Notcalifornialegal:

She’s got the natural build of a softball player. I’m proud of her. She does not have the frame for high speed low drag and she has always struggled with the stereotypical female fashion model look. Then she discovered lifting came naturally so she ran with it. I tell people often “My wife can beat your wife up”
Link Posted: 3/28/2024 12:58:55 PM EDT
[#19]
No.

One of my daughters can, though.
Link Posted: 3/28/2024 1:01:20 PM EDT
[#20]
How many men can bench their own body weight?

I mean besides Arfcommers who all can bench 300lbs for reps
Link Posted: 3/28/2024 1:05:15 PM EDT
[#21]
Hell no.  She's tiny.
Link Posted: 3/28/2024 1:10:54 PM EDT
[Last Edit: grey50beast] [#22]
Originally Posted By GordonFreeman1:
I doubt most on GD could bench their wife’s body weight.
View Quote

My wife is a very fit 135. She can not bench my bodyweight. She's  naturally very strong, I'm sure she could do her BW if she put a month in.

Her BW I could do all day long, if one cant bench his wife's BW, I reckon both partners have an issue. My BW is my current max at 195, but I'm a weak bitch lol
Link Posted: 3/28/2024 1:14:25 PM EDT
[#23]
Nope, but I don’t plan on her picking me up for some kind of wonky amazon position, lol.
Link Posted: 3/28/2024 1:19:53 PM EDT
[#24]

My wife is hot, small, and not a man.....so no.  No she can't.

Link Posted: 3/28/2024 1:29:33 PM EDT
[#25]
I'm not married so....but I can definitely bench my BW and then some.
Link Posted: 3/28/2024 1:38:55 PM EDT
[#26]
Originally Posted By macpherson:
How many men can bench their own body weight?

I mean besides Arfcommers who all can bench 300lbs for reps
View Quote

Yeah.

At a guess, I’d go with less than 5% of the Men in GD being able to bench their own bodyweight.

It’s even less common for Women to bench their OWN bodyweight, much less bench MORE than their bodyweight. I suppose if their dude is a manlet who’s significantly smaller and lighter than they are. The guy whose wife is a powerlifter is in a tiny, tiny fraction of a percentage of women who can bench more than their own bodyweight.

I’ve known more than a few Women who compete in Bikini/Fitness/Physique, and most of them can’t bench their own bodyweight despite being MUCH fitter and leaner than the average female. Several of them can squat pretty decent weight (potentially more than the average male GD’er, in fact, whom I simply assume have as much difficulty simply standing up from a crouch as many of my friends and colleagues), but still can’t bench their own bodyweight.

Upper body strength is heavily dependent on testosterone and strength training.
Link Posted: 3/28/2024 1:42:43 PM EDT
[#27]
@midcap
Link Posted: 3/28/2024 1:45:32 PM EDT
[#28]
Hell no.  But she is scrappy and tougher than she looks.
Link Posted: 3/28/2024 1:49:10 PM EDT
[#29]
The third question should have been ----------

"Can you bench your wife's weight...?"

Link Posted: 3/28/2024 2:04:22 PM EDT
[#30]
Originally Posted By Noname:

View Quote

I can bench 2x my wife's weight.
Link Posted: 3/28/2024 2:24:37 PM EDT
[#31]
Link Posted: 3/28/2024 2:47:53 PM EDT
[#32]
no but she can deadlift it 3x5.
Link Posted: 3/28/2024 3:31:12 PM EDT
[#33]
Originally Posted By zer0t:
no but she can deadlift it 3x5.
View Quote

Bro, my son deadlifted 5lbs 3x when he was 6mo old
Link Posted: 3/28/2024 5:00:52 PM EDT
[#34]
Originally Posted By dyezak:

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By dyezak:
Originally Posted By Noname:

There are some hefty wives out there… just sayin’.

Even as weak as I am right now, I can bench my wife’s 6’ Amazon weight, for the record.
Link Posted: 3/28/2024 5:08:14 PM EDT
[#35]
Only when we're done fuckin missionary......she puts her hands on my chest and says "Get off me you fat fuck!"
Link Posted: 3/28/2024 7:18:36 PM EDT
[#36]
Originally Posted By TugJob:
I dated a chick in the 90's who was 5' 6'' and weighed 130 lbs. She could bench press 140lbs 1 time. Saw her do it.

She also fought better than most men. Decent jab, hard straight right, hooks, upper cut's  etc.

Lucky for me I learned to keep my left up and move at a very young age. She never landed anything substantial.

View Quote
I was pretty strong for a girl. I may have been able to bench 130 once but I wouldn't bet the farm on it. When I went to the police academy they taught me to take people down. Worked lickity split. My husband 6'6 230 told me that it was all good but I shouldn't ever try it on a "real man."  Evidently the men at the academy didn't count - so I said I think I could take him. He was insulted lol. I told him to take a swing at me and he (in super slow motion) took a round house punch at me and I dropped him to the ground. He still swore I shouldn't try it in an emergency. Beside him and the academy the only time I ever used it was with a female inmate. Female inmates are bat shit crazy and she grabbed the fire extinguisher off the wall and hurled it at my head. I dropped her to the ground and cuffed her. She tried to sue me (and the county) for excessive force. The judge tossed it out a few minutes after she and her jailhouse attorney filed the motion.

Im out of practice but I still think I can use it. The first time I had to give someone a pat down with TSA muscle memory kicked in and I kicked her feet out-the TSO training me kind of whispered that I needed to be more gentle.
Link Posted: 3/28/2024 7:19:57 PM EDT
[#37]
Originally Posted By 03RN:
No but she can deadlift my bodyweight
View Quote
Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 3/28/2024 7:22:17 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Dboy11] [#38]
LOL no

I’m 230 right now, on the way to 220!

She’s 130, not going to happen

I might bench press like for a quarter or something, it’s not in the typical rotation.  Highest I’ve hit is 355
Link Posted: 3/28/2024 7:23:03 PM EDT
[#39]
Nope.

But my brother is quite the welder.
Link Posted: 3/28/2024 7:26:33 PM EDT
[#40]
Not a chance, but Mrs Monsterbishi literally hauls around 50lb sacks of flour & sugar all day long, and the guys at her work come get her because they can't handle the 44gal drums of glucose by themselves (she can, has been for the last decade)
Link Posted: 3/28/2024 7:28:12 PM EDT
[#41]
If your wife can bench your body weight that makes her a man. Which makes you the wife.
Link Posted: 3/28/2024 7:29:56 PM EDT
[#42]

View Quote

Let’s see a picture and we’ll decide whether you are married to a man or not.
Link Posted: 3/29/2024 12:20:05 PM EDT
[#43]
Link Posted: 3/29/2024 12:23:41 PM EDT
[#44]
The best thing about my girl, no penis.
Shes tough as nails but she aint benching #205
Link Posted: 3/29/2024 12:29:16 PM EDT
[#45]
LOL. Most men cannot bench their wives body weight.
Link Posted: 3/29/2024 12:35:04 PM EDT
[#46]
Originally Posted By GordonFreeman1:
I doubt most on GD could bench their wife’s body weight.
View Quote

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 3/29/2024 12:44:31 PM EDT
[#47]
Not a chance in hell.....  I am 6'1" ~210lbs and she is 5'2" ~125lbs

I would honestly be surprised if she could bench a bare 45lbs Olympic bar once much less more than one time.   She would probably die or at a minimum be severely injured if somehow a  bar with even a single 45 on each side (135lbs) somehow ended up unracked in her hands above her chest.

I am no Thor by any stretch but would guesstimate I can bench her body weight probably for at least 25 reps and/or know I can bench 2X her body weight  for a couple of reps.

That said for a normal male/female couple I am not sure if anything regarding my personal situation above would be in any way surprising or out of the norm.
Link Posted: 3/29/2024 12:48:35 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Cypher214] [#48]
The difference between male and female upper body strength gets real obvious in bench press.

My ex GF was 6' tall, 160ish, built like a college volleyball player (because she was one), and she started training for power lifting events.  About 9 months into her training, she was maxing bench press at 135.  At the time, I was benching 275 without taking my training seriously and it frustrated the hell out of her.  I could easily side-lift her max deadlift weight with one hand.   She was strong, for a girl, which came in handy moving heavy things and dragging dead animals.

Obviously, women are built different.

Link Posted: 3/29/2024 12:48:49 PM EDT
[#49]
Not even close. I dunno if she could bench her body weight either.
Link Posted: 3/29/2024 2:16:42 PM EDT
[#50]
Originally Posted By Cypher214:
The difference between male and female upper body strength gets real obvious in bench press.

My ex GF was 6' tall, 160ish, built like a college volleyball player (because she was one), and she started training for power lifting events.  About 9 months into her training, she was maxing bench press at 135.  At the time, I was benching 275 without taking my training seriously and it frustrated the hell out of her.  I could easily side-lift her max deadlift weight with one hand.   She was strong, for a girl, which came in handy moving heavy things and dragging dead animals.

Obviously, women are built different.

View Quote

Yep.

Anyone who’s actually been around women who regularly lift, is acutely aware of this.

Some of them can squat, and even deadlift pretty decent weight (and by decent, I mean as much as the average casual male gym rat, and more than most male arfcommers), but most of them not on PEDs, don’t bench much at all, compared to an average guy in the gym.
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top