Larry Fink
Cofounder, CEO, BlackRock
$1.2B
$6M (0.55%)
Real Time Net Worth
as of 3/28/24#2325 in the world toda
Link Posted: 3/28/2024 8:10:24 AM EDT
[#3]
I thought I was retired, but I don't have a dog . . . . and I don't want that kind of dog

back to work for me
Link Posted: 3/28/2024 8:13:35 AM EDT
[#4]
I punched out at fifty. Started taking SS at 62. I don't make the rules.
Link Posted: 3/28/2024 8:17:12 AM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Isn’t that the financial group forcing the ESG bullshit? And why is it better for Boomers to hold up jobs for another 5-8 years?
View Quote

He's in the same cabal as Soros.
Link Posted: 3/28/2024 8:27:10 AM EDT
[#6]
Yes boomers, don't retire so that the younger folks can't take your job.
Link Posted: 3/28/2024 8:33:43 AM EDT
[#7]
I'll turn 66 in less than a month and I'll probably work well past 70. Not because I have to, it's because I want to. May cut back on my hours some but I'll keep working. I enjoy what I do.
Link Posted: 3/28/2024 8:37:00 AM EDT
[#8]
Tons of Boomers and older Gen X are approaching retirement with little to no retirement savings.  They will vote themselves more money.  Fink and his buddies are starting to realize the tax man will be coming for them.
Link Posted: 3/28/2024 8:45:33 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Seize Blackrock to fund SS
View Quote

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 3/28/2024 8:59:50 AM EDT
[#10]
Everyone has their own situation.   One size doesn’t fit all.

I’m 68+ and still working.  I’ll retire from this job at age 71-73.

Haven’t decided on my next employment gig yet.
Link Posted: 3/28/2024 8:59:53 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Larry Fink
$1.2B
$6M (0.55%)
Real Time Net Worth
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Larry Fink
$1.2B
$6M (0.55%)
Real Time Net Worth

Catherine Russell,
Cathy Russell, a chief of staff to Biden’s wife, Jill Biden, while he was vice president, will be White House personnel director — an immensely influential role that vets appointments across the federal bureaucracy.
 - Wife of Tom Donilon, a long-time aid and advisor to Joe Biden who served in the Obama White House.

After serving as Obama’s National Security Advisor (prior to Susan Rice), Tom Donilon then went on to become “Chairman of the BlackRock Investment Institute.

Tom Donilon’s brother, Mike Donilon is a Senior Advisor to Joe Biden providing guidance on what policies should be implemented within the administration.  Mike Donilon guides the focus of spending, budgets, regulation and white house policy from his position of Senior Advisor to the President.

Larry Fink is the manager of these funds and the people who are inside the Biden/Obama admin guiding the US economy.
Link Posted: 3/28/2024 9:01:28 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

Not working requires someone else to be your slave in that sense.

There is no retirement without someone else showing up to produce goods and services.
View Quote

What?  “Your slave”.   Someone else voluntarily obtaining employment makes them my slave if i used to do that work?

Link Posted: 3/28/2024 9:03:38 AM EDT
[#13]
You can retire at any age.

Government has nothing to do with it.

The age that Social Security INSURANCE can be collected needs to be radically adjusted to realign with the original purpose of the program.
Link Posted: 3/28/2024 9:04:40 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

What?  "Your slave".   Someone else voluntarily obtaining employment makes them my slave if i used to do that work?

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Not working requires someone else to be your slave in that sense.

There is no retirement without someone else showing up to produce goods and services.

What?  "Your slave".   Someone else voluntarily obtaining employment makes them my slave if i used to do that work?

Not to mention:

1) If you have saved (and I include investments in this ) and have income from from what you saved, then how is that forcing someone else to work?
2) That income you take is still likely taxed in some way, and, unless you completely drop out off the grid, you are paying taxes on fuel, property, etc. so uhhhhhh
3) It assumes that everyone that retires now needs someone to pay for their very existence...sort of the Soylent Green mentality that permeates most leftist philosophers and post modernism.
Link Posted: 3/28/2024 9:05:41 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

The age that Social Security INSURANCE can be collected needs to be radically adjusted to realign with the original purpose of the program.
View Quote

It’ll never happen. Too many people started believing it was a retirement program and now feel entitled to get theirs. Original purpose be damned.
Link Posted: 3/28/2024 9:06:39 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

View Quote

So do government employees pensions but nobody wants to talk about that.
Link Posted: 3/28/2024 9:08:07 AM EDT
[#17]
the Social Security program worked during that era because “more than half the people who worked and paid into the system never lived to retire and be paid from the system.
View Quote

What a success!!  Over half of people pay into the system all their lives and received nothing!  Confessions of a Ponzi Scheme.
Link Posted: 3/28/2024 9:11:51 AM EDT
[#18]
Hahahaha.....SERIOUSLY????

WANT TO KNOW WHY??

Millenials are lazy, gen Z won't get a job, they need the current over age 40 work force to carry.
Think about the upcoming population deficit since genZ don't socialize, probably won't get married till after age 40, might have kids, etc, etc. Keep placing social media in the hands of kids under 18 and fall into the FAFO crowd.

Damage has been done, media has warped the minds of genZ, question is....how much more damage will be done.

Now ask yourself.....wonder why we added tens of thousands of immigrants who spawn like fleas. Might not just be all for votes.
Link Posted: 3/28/2024 9:12:20 AM EDT
[#19]
It couldn't possibly be that Larry wants boomer assets under Blackrock control to continue growing rather than being spent down
Link Posted: 3/28/2024 9:16:16 AM EDT
[#20]
This guy is the same type of asshole who would be telling soldiers at the front line to run into a wall of bullets, even though everyone ahead of them is dead.

No actual experience just a mouth with words coming out of it.  He should pull his lip over his head and swallow. Better yet his mom should have spit him out.
Link Posted: 3/28/2024 4:36:48 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

A pension is available to members 62 years of age with 5 years of service; 50 years or older with 20 years of service; or 25 years of service at any age

Let's do congressional pensions first.
Page / 4
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top