BCM
User Panel

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 3/28/2024 8:43:30 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

I just have to convince the family. Wife isn't ready for a new pup with me getting packed to be gone for a year.

I was looking at the local adoption sights .
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
this is the only way

I just have to convince the family. Wife isn't ready for a new pup with me getting packed to be gone for a year.

I was looking at the local adoption sights .
everyone loves a puppy, just get one and bring it home and it will take care of the rest.
Link Posted: 3/28/2024 8:58:01 AM EDT
[#2]
Get the puppy before it’s too late. Our female boxer died of cancer. The younger male was so sad, a lot like yours. One day he went basically catatonic. Totally checked out. We had him at the vet within an hour on Christmas Day. Cost us $2500 in tests to later have him put down. Diagnosis was aggressive cancer of the thyroid. My wife and I are convinced he died of a broken heart. Just lost the will to live.

My wife had this blanket made for my Christmas present. Sad day.

Link Posted: 3/28/2024 9:03:31 AM EDT
[#3]
Our dog was like that this winter when we had to put the other one down.  She wouldn't eat, stopped playing, paced around and wimpered all time, etc.  She missed her buddy.  It took 6 or 7 weeks for her to snap out of it.
Link Posted: 3/28/2024 9:46:05 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Get the puppy before it’s too late. Our female boxer died of cancer. The younger male was so sad, a lot like yours. One day he went basically catatonic. Totally checked out. We had him at the vet within an hour on Christmas Day. Cost us $2500 in tests to later have him put down. Diagnosis was aggressive cancer of the thyroid. My wife and I are convinced he died of a broken heart. Just lost the will to live.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/36504/IMG_6756-3171639.jpg

My wife had this blanket made for my Christmas present. Sad day.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/36504/image-3171641.jpg
View Quote

Link Posted: 3/28/2024 9:59:58 AM EDT
[#5]
When our black lab passed away our other mixed dog (both in profile pic) went into a deep depression.  The mixed dog had been with our lab her whole life.

She slowly got out of it with lots of social events, mostly with people as she didn't have much interest in other dogs at the park.  She loved getting all of the attention and enjoyed going to watch outdoor hockey games, watching kids sled down hills, basically anything that had movement and people.

Hope she snaps out of it soon, and sorry for your loss.   It is always tough.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top