BCM
User Panel

Page / 3
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 3/27/2024 2:28:08 PM EDT
[Last Edit: BobRoberts] [#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By realwar:

Reddit has never made a dime in twenty years, Amazon never made a profit in 10 years, Lyft loses roughly a billion every year. Truth Social is up $8 billion on its first day and people are talking shit.
View Quote

Those services had/have way more than 600k concurrent monthly users and were growing in an almost parabolic manner. That’s never been the case for Truth Social.
Link Posted: 3/27/2024 2:39:03 PM EDT
[Last Edit: juan223] [#2]
Originally Posted By Carpe_Carp:
I wouldn't be surprised if George Soros is short-selling a huge amount of DJT stock.  He's made a big chunk of his money by betting on failure and collapse (and probably, sometimes, helping facilitate said failure and collapse).
View Quote

Maybe,  but the problem with that strategy is that while many TS stock purchasers are seeking profits lots of others are buying in order to be part of something they consider historical,  those folks are less likely to sell, they'll hold out of spite.  They may not have institutional amounts of shares but Trump has a LARGE loyal following and even you can't wish it away.
Link Posted: 3/27/2024 2:55:58 PM EDT
[#3]
Originally Posted By juan223:

Maybe,  but the problem with that strategy is that while many TS stock purchasers are seeking profits lots of others are buying in order to be part of something they consider historical,  those folks are less likely to sell, they'll hold out of spite.  They may not have institutional amounts of shares but Trump has a LARGE loyal following and even you can't wish it away.
View Quote

But simply holding doesn’t make the price go up, or stabilize.  If there are more sellers than buyers the price falls.

I can’t see this thing holding its value long term, because regardless of what people think of Trump, the company has very little underlying value.   It has a very low number of users and low growth.

When it starts falling the hedge funds will pounce and short it way down.
Link Posted: 3/28/2024 11:11:09 AM EDT
[#4]
Originally Posted By Bunn19:

But simply holding doesn’t make the price go up, or stabilize.  If there are more sellers than buyers the price falls.

I can’t see this thing holding its value long term, because regardless of what people think of Trump, the company has very little underlying value.   It has a very low number of users and low growth.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Bunn19:
Originally Posted By juan223:

Lol hey man, don't mess with the narrative!  They don't care about reality!

Yeah that's the big joke--99% of the stockholders could never sell, and the 1% could still drive the price down to $.01.  The Price is nothing more than the last completed transaction price, nobody cares how many people aren't selling.

My prediction is all the "I'll never sell" people will sit there while the active traders cash out whenever they think the party is done.

Link Posted: 3/28/2024 11:11:38 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 3/28/2024 11:16:26 AM EDT
[#6]
Originally Posted By CMiller:

Lol hey man, don't mess with the narrative!  They don't care about reality!

Yeah that's the big joke--99% of the stockholders could never sell, and the 1% could still drive the price down to $.01.  The Price is nothing more than the last completed transaction price, nobody cares how many people aren't selling.

My prediction is all the "I'll never sell" people will sit there while the active traders cash out whenever they think the party is done.

View Quote

The hedge funds will use this thing like a piggy bank while dragging it to zero.
Link Posted: 3/28/2024 11:38:38 AM EDT
[Last Edit: lazyengineer] [#7]
Originally Posted By Carpe_Carp:
I wouldn't be surprised if George Soros is short-selling a huge amount of DJT stock.  He's made a big chunk of his money by betting on failure and collapse (and probably, sometimes, helping facilitate said failure and collapse).
View Quote

Oh I hope so.  The value is tied to Donald Trumps value, which is only going up now.  I hope Soros shorted it for Millions.   It'll crash to useless Enron stock value as soon as Trump has no value - but that's not happening any time soon.  This is one stock I would not touch for or against - way too volatile.  Soros will lose it all if he shorts right now - I think.
Link Posted: 3/28/2024 11:45:29 AM EDT
[#8]
71% of the stock is locked up by insiders.   This is nearly impossible to short.  Even by Soros.   Let's say someone was able to short 1,000,000 shares.  The borrow cost would be in excess of
100% per year.   And if word got out that person was short, hedge funds could crush them by going long or using a leveraged options strategy.

But if the board breaks the rules and lets Trump sell some of his shares immediately, it could fall precipitously.

One thing I don't like about Truth Social is notifications of breaking news come out like 4-10 hours after the story broke.
Link Posted: 3/28/2024 12:19:48 PM EDT
[#9]
Originally Posted By ZuoZongtang:
71% of the stock is locked up by insiders.   This is nearly impossible to short.  Even by Soros.   Let's say someone was able to short 1,000,000 shares.  The borrow cost would be in excess of
100% per year.   And if word got out that person was short, hedge funds could crush them by going long or using a leveraged options strategy.

But if the board breaks the rules and lets Trump sell some of his shares immediately, it could fall precipitously.

One thing I don't like about Truth Social is notifications of breaking news come out like 4-10 hours after the story broke.
View Quote

I read somewhere that best case scenario for Trump is he could still only sell 1% of his shares per quarter, which doesn't help him much between now and 6 months from now.

To paraphrase some analysis I saw somewhere, the only real value of Truth Social is that it's the only place Trump posts right now.  Any other content on there is just garbage and there is no reason for it to get better.

When people stop caring what Trump posts, the value will drop like a rock (in other words, the day after the election if he loses).  If he wins, who knows what happens--will he go back to Twitter?  Will it become a slush fund for anybody who wants insider access?  Instead of staying at the Trump hotel, it will be "be ready to buy when Trump needs to sell some shares".
Link Posted: 4/1/2024 11:43:29 AM EDT
[#10]
rough open for DJT

down almost 17% with lots of volume.
Link Posted: 4/1/2024 11:49:42 AM EDT
[#11]
Never_Trumpers desperately trying to downplay Trump’s success.
Link Posted: 4/1/2024 12:19:46 PM EDT
[#12]

Lol you mean people who doubled their money in a couple weeks would rather cash out than "HOLD FOR DADDY TRUMP!"???!!!

Who could have predicted that?
Link Posted: 4/1/2024 12:26:23 PM EDT
[#13]
It'll be interesting to see where this lands in 6 months when original investors can sell of their shares.
Link Posted: 4/1/2024 12:28:32 PM EDT
[#14]
https://i.postimg.cc/kXbYmSSv/Screenshot-20240401-121609-Chrome.jpg

Lol you mean people who doubled their money in a couple weeks would rather cash out than "HOLD FOR DADDY TRUMP!"???!!!

Who could have predicted that?
View Quote

Look at all that success.
Link Posted: 4/1/2024 12:36:02 PM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 4/1/2024 12:36:40 PM EDT
[#16]
Originally Posted By macros73:

It will be interesting to see how fast Trump tries to cash out, or if he pulls a Musk and borrows against it instead.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By macros73:

lol it would be hilarious if all the big players start liquidating in anticipation of him selling his shares and the price going down, creating downward momentum, and by the time he starts selling it's in the toilet.

He can only sell at the price others are willing to buy.  Who will want to pay these prices in September who hasn't already bought in?  And who wants to own stock that the main guy behind the brand isn't interested in holding?

I did see that if he gets enough loyalists on the board they can change the rules so he can sell a little bit before 6 months, but I think it's like 1% of his holdings per quarter or something like that.

It will be interesting to see how fast Trump tries to cash out, or if he pulls a Musk and borrows against it instead.

I’m betting on the later
Link Posted: 4/1/2024 12:47:44 PM EDT
[#17]
Originally Posted By Fullautoguy:

I’m betting on the later
View Quote

Getting a loan using DJT as collateral is going to be pretty much impossible. He’s going to sell.
Link Posted: 4/1/2024 12:50:21 PM EDT
[#18]
Originally Posted By Aimless:
I hope Trump makes a gazillion dollars to annoy the "oh he's broke" assholes but I don't get the value of Truth Social stock
View Quote

It's settling back down in the 50's today....
Link Posted: 4/4/2024 7:51:12 PM EDT
[#19]
Originally Posted By 9divdoc:

It's settling back down in the 50's today....
View Quote

Into the 40s.
Link Posted: 4/4/2024 9:29:35 PM EDT
[#20]
Cashed out at $73.28
Link Posted: 4/8/2024 3:10:19 PM EDT
[#21]
Link Posted: 4/8/2024 3:13:01 PM EDT
[#22]
Originally Posted By Garand1911:
Cashed out at $73.28
View Quote
Good job!
Link Posted: 4/8/2024 3:24:21 PM EDT
[#23]

Well, shit. I hope he can survive on that measly couple billion and change.
Link Posted: 4/8/2024 3:28:39 PM EDT
[#24]
Read this and tell me this is anything other than a grift:

https://www.msn.com/en-us/money/companies/truth-social-lost-58-million-last-year-here-s-who-made-money-anyway/ar-BB1ldavJ

If you want to know where all that $58 million went, they go through all the details.
Link Posted: 4/8/2024 3:33:40 PM EDT
[#25]
Originally Posted By Imzadi:

How many shares have you shorted?
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Imzadi:
Originally Posted By st0newall:
Originally Posted By AFARR:

Sadly, they tend to forget they're being called a Laughing Stock....

look into the actual financials. if you short the stock, you will make bank.

the company had 3 mill in revenue in the last year and lost 49 mill. i saw somewhere that its true value was closer to 2 dollars a share.

How many shares have you shorted?

none. i knew it would go down but i dont speculate with stocks. i dont buy, sell or speculate with individual stocks. the time to really buy this stock was before it with SPAC or whatever. the time to sell was the first day it turned into DJT.
Link Posted: 4/15/2024 8:34:06 PM EDT
[#26]
Is anyone unclear as to who made the real money here?  Spoiler alert: not the small time investors....  My prediction is that it will be at single digits soon enough

closed at $26.61 per share, down 18% from Friday's close and down 66% from its March 26 high of $79.38.
Link Posted: 4/15/2024 10:37:43 PM EDT
[#27]
Originally Posted By AdLucem:
Is anyone unclear as to who made the real money here?  Spoiler alert: not the small time investors....  My prediction is that it will be at single digits soon enough

closed at $26.61 per share, down 18% from Friday's close and down 66% from its March 26 high of $79.38.
View Quote
I read on Yahoo finance today that 5M DJT shares are shorted. And the company just filed to issue another 21.4 million shares.
Link Posted: 4/16/2024 7:22:28 AM EDT
[#28]
Originally Posted By Sartorius:
I read on Yahoo finance today that 5M DJT shares are shorted. And the company just filed to issue another 21.4 million shares.
View All Quotes

Lots of short interest.

Diluting public shares when your stock is tanking isn't the best move.
Link Posted: 4/16/2024 7:29:37 AM EDT
[#29]
Originally Posted By rob78:

Lots of short interest.

View Quote

Easy way to make bank and screw the investors though.
Link Posted: 4/16/2024 8:04:53 AM EDT
[#30]
Originally Posted By Shockergd:

Easy way to make bank and screw the investors though.
View Quote

Grifting his base again, my shocked face.....

"Buy more stock!  its going to be Uge"
Link Posted: 4/16/2024 11:16:59 PM EDT
[#31]

Lots of short interest.

View All Quotes

Lots of short interest.

Well, I decided to go full regard (WSB style) and bought some DJT puts this morning after the open.

5 contracts at $3.42/ea for May 17.
3 contracts at $2.82/ea for Apr 26.
3 contracts at $2.73/ea for May 17. Different strike.

In one day, they are up 28%, 82% and 61%. So Donald, keep on yapping.
Page / 3
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top