Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 3
Link Posted: 3/26/2024 5:21:42 PM EDT
[#1]
I would love to be a fly on the wall hearing the conversations about how much of $DJT would need to be pledged to secure the appellate bond.  Not sure if that would even be acceptable collateral/collateral that is allowed to be pledged given his 6 month lockup period, but if Trump can pull that off, it would be a genius move, tactically speaking.  

Given a long enough time horizon, the stock is not likely to be worth much of anything.

Link Posted: 3/26/2024 5:23:41 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By CMiller:

lol it would be hilarious if all the big players start liquidating in anticipation of him selling his shares and the price going down, creating downward momentum, and by the time he starts selling it's in the toilet.

He can only sell at the price others are willing to buy.  Who will want to pay these prices in September who hasn't already bought in?  And who wants to own stock that the main guy behind the brand isn't interested in holding?

I did see that if he gets enough loyalists on the board they can change the rules so he can sell a little bit before 6 months, but I think it's like 1% of his holdings per quarter or something like that.
View Quote

Did you cut and paste this from DU?
Link Posted: 3/26/2024 5:28:58 PM EDT
[#3]
Originally Posted By ajacobs:

"company that has racked up tens of millions of dollars in losses since its 2021 launch and generated just over $3 million in revenue during the first nine months of 2023"

if that isn't a meme stock I don't know what is.
View Quote

Yup.

I wonder if they're tracking where the stock buying is coming from. It'd be a good way to covertly "buy" a President, if your Russia and China.
Link Posted: 3/26/2024 5:30:13 PM EDT
[#4]
Wish him the best but I suspect no one will be investing 13 billion in a company that has little value and makes no money...
Link Posted: 3/26/2024 5:31:20 PM EDT
[#5]
Originally Posted By 4thbreak:
The media is already calling it a meme stock.
View Quote

Sadly, they tend to forget they're being called a Laughing Stock....
Link Posted: 3/26/2024 5:32:31 PM EDT
[#6]
Originally Posted By AdLucem:
Wish him the best but I suspect no one will be investing 13 billion in a company that has little value and makes no money...
View Quote

You mean like most tech stocks
Link Posted: 3/26/2024 5:34:05 PM EDT
[#7]
Originally Posted By AFARR:

View Quote

look into the actual financials. if you short the stock, you will make bank.

the company had 3 mill in revenue in the last year and lost 49 mill. i saw somewhere that its true value was closer to 2 dollars a share.
Link Posted: 3/26/2024 5:34:33 PM EDT
[#8]

View Quote

oof
Link Posted: 3/26/2024 5:43:21 PM EDT
[#9]
FCNN is concerned....

https://www.cnn.com/2024/03/26/politics/djt-stock-trump-what-matters/index.html

The top institutional investor in the company is Susquehanna International Group. Its founder, Jeff Yass, is a major donor to Republican causes and also a major investor in ByteDance, the parent company of TikTok.
View Quote
Link Posted: 3/26/2024 6:00:29 PM EDT
[#10]
All the N_Ts and commies (is there a difference?) seem to be big mad over Truth Social going public.  
Link Posted: 3/26/2024 6:35:16 PM EDT
[#11]
Is there a taxable difference in stock losses v campaign and PAC contributions?

Could some people wanting to give a shitload to a PAC just buy this stock, dump it at the high for a profit, and anything they have left or sell below could just be a tax right off? Because when the big holders unload their shares, the price will fall off a cliff.
Link Posted: 3/26/2024 6:38:16 PM EDT
[#12]
Originally Posted By sitdwnandhngon:
The old pump and dump?
View Quote

I like Trump, but I don’t use his app.
Link Posted: 3/26/2024 6:40:10 PM EDT
[#13]
A whole lot of suckers born every day.
Link Posted: 3/26/2024 6:42:53 PM EDT
[#14]
FWIW, IPOs are generally pretty bouncy the first weeks/months of trading.
Link Posted: 3/26/2024 6:52:08 PM EDT
[#15]
Originally Posted By SuperHeavy:
Is there a taxable difference in stock losses v campaign and PAC contributions?

Could some people wanting to give a shitload to a PAC just buy this stock, dump it at the high for a profit, and anything they have left or sell below could just be a tax right off? Because when the big holders unload their shares, the price will fall off a cliff.
View Quote

Stock losses only offset gains.  Trump can't sell for six months which is around October.  The stock could be trading under $10 by that point for all we know.  Him selling large chunks would make it worse.
Link Posted: 3/26/2024 6:53:07 PM EDT
[#16]
If I was young and wanted to take a financial dice-roll (instead of being old and fiscally conservative) I'd consider this a perfect short-sale opportunity.  

Not yet . . . it's gonna bounce around for a while, but in earlier days I'd have been willing to bet 5 or 10 that it drops to $30 by mid-summer.  Trump supporters will keep the price up for a little bit, but the luster of the new will wear off and the initial, enthusiastic buys will slow to a trickle.
Link Posted: 3/26/2024 7:02:03 PM EDT
[#17]
Hopefully not incorporated in NY.
Link Posted: 3/26/2024 7:07:47 PM EDT
[#18]
Originally Posted By Firearmsenthusiast:
FCNN is concerned....

https://www.cnn.com/2024/03/26/politics/djt-stock-trump-what-matters/index.html

View Quote

DOJ investigation coming shortly.
Link Posted: 3/26/2024 7:07:56 PM EDT
[Last Edit: CMiller] [#19]
Originally Posted By lazyengineer:

I don't actually hate Trump so much that I'm hoping for that.  

As to who would pay this price in September - people trying to purchase Trump's influence and otherwise general supporters, would be who.  This company has little value that makes no revenue, and is trying to penetrate a satisfied market with a mission statement that is no longer differntiating or relevant. Which is to say, it started when Twitter was just like all of them, as a leftist meddlesome media outlet in a field of nothing but leftist medllesome media outlets.  now that Musk has Twitter / X; that mission statement and differentiation of Truth Social is no longer relevant.  I'm half wondering if Musk saw all this playing out just like this, and that was a bonus FU for him taking over Twitter / X; because him doing so completely fucked Truth Social's entire mission statement.  I see now why Trump sat on his ass for 3 years before IPO'ing it - with the timing being kind of obvious now.

It's only face-value is it will be Trumps exclusive venue for midnight CONFEFFE postings - that's it.   That value alone is next to nothing, becuase his postings will be reposted on X within milli-seconds, so there's no reason for anyone to waste their time getting an account there.

The only other value is basically Hunter Biden "Art".   Which is a value, but of course you need a wink-wink conversation and 6-7 figures of investment for that to actually be worth anything other than disdain sucker status.  I hope for Trumps sake (and all our sake), that no foreign money is going into this IPO premium value sell off - that's not going to be a good look if there's $50MM of Russian money that can be traced into that purchase.  Because that WILL be fuel in the inevitable upcoming witch-hunts.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By lazyengineer:
Originally Posted By CMiller:
Originally Posted By FlashHole:
Will be interesting to see if anyone holds for 6 months so Trump can cash out.

lol it would be hilarious if all the big players start liquidating in anticipation of him selling his shares and the price going down, creating downward momentum, and by the time he starts selling it's in the toilet.

He can only sell at the price others are willing to buy.  Who will want to pay these prices in September who hasn't already bought in?  And who wants to own stock that the main guy behind the brand isn't interested in holding?

I did see that if he gets enough loyalists on the board they can change the rules so he can sell a little bit before 6 months, but I think it's like 1% of his holdings per quarter or something like that.

I don't actually hate Trump so much that I'm hoping for that.  

As to who would pay this price in September - people trying to purchase Trump's influence and otherwise general supporters, would be who.  This company has little value that makes no revenue, and is trying to penetrate a satisfied market with a mission statement that is no longer differntiating or relevant. Which is to say, it started when Twitter was just like all of them, as a leftist meddlesome media outlet in a field of nothing but leftist medllesome media outlets.  now that Musk has Twitter / X; that mission statement and differentiation of Truth Social is no longer relevant.  I'm half wondering if Musk saw all this playing out just like this, and that was a bonus FU for him taking over Twitter / X; because him doing so completely fucked Truth Social's entire mission statement.  I see now why Trump sat on his ass for 3 years before IPO'ing it - with the timing being kind of obvious now.

It's only face-value is it will be Trumps exclusive venue for midnight CONFEFFE postings - that's it.   That value alone is next to nothing, becuase his postings will be reposted on X within milli-seconds, so there's no reason for anyone to waste their time getting an account there.

The only other value is basically Hunter Biden "Art".   Which is a value, but of course you need a wink-wink conversation and 6-7 figures of investment for that to actually be worth anything other than disdain sucker status.  I hope for Trumps sake (and all our sake), that no foreign money is going into this IPO premium value sell off - that's not going to be a good look if there's $50MM of Russian money that can be traced into that purchase.  Because that WILL be fuel in the inevitable upcoming witch-hunts.

This SPAC thing is a joke, I suspect it won't be around very long. I think Trump wanted to go public much sooner but it was tied up in investigations and litigation for a while.

I'm sure this will be a shock, but a SPAC is not supposed to actually say who they are going to merge with when they start it up! It's so silly, I can't believe they approved the concept originally.
Link Posted: 3/26/2024 7:08:52 PM EDT
[#20]
Originally Posted By BillofRights:
Nice.  When can he begin selling?
View Quote

6 months from  now
Link Posted: 3/26/2024 7:41:10 PM EDT
[#21]
Attacks from FTC and FCC begin in 3… 2… 1…
Link Posted: 3/26/2024 8:32:19 PM EDT
[#22]
Originally Posted By FMJ3:

All the N_Ts and commies (is there a difference?) seem to be big mad over Truth Social going public.  
View Quote

Why do they hate America?
Link Posted: 3/26/2024 9:45:34 PM EDT
[#23]
Originally Posted By Jarcese:

View All Quotes

Wasn't Amazon the same for quite a while
Link Posted: 3/26/2024 9:48:43 PM EDT
[#24]
Originally Posted By st0newall:

the company had 3 mill in revenue in the last year and lost 49 mill. i saw somewhere that its true value was closer to 2 dollars a share.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By st0newall:

How many shares have you shorted?
Link Posted: 3/26/2024 9:49:25 PM EDT
[#25]
Link Posted: 3/26/2024 9:51:24 PM EDT
[#26]
Truth Social address listed in Sarasota FL on Cattleman Rd.  I’ll have to swing over
and say hi to DJT and the gang.
Link Posted: 3/26/2024 9:53:37 PM EDT
[#27]
Originally Posted By SnoGoRider:
I bet the Liberals and never Trumpers heads are exploding right about now.
View Quote

I hope they shorted it and get their ass reamed
Link Posted: 3/26/2024 9:53:54 PM EDT
[#28]

View Quote
Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 3/26/2024 9:57:57 PM EDT
[#29]
So I probably shouldn’t buy any of this?
Link Posted: 3/26/2024 10:00:18 PM EDT
[#30]
Originally Posted By Bellows1:
New Yoek judge: It's worth $10.
View Quote

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 3/26/2024 10:07:38 PM EDT
[#31]
Originally Posted By Keekleberrys:
Never buy an IPO
View Quote

I bought FB at $17 and sold around $185. Wish I kept it. Still made out really well.
Link Posted: 3/26/2024 10:10:24 PM EDT
[Last Edit: lazyengineer] [#32]
Originally Posted By USA1st:
So I probably shouldn’t buy any of this?
View Quote

I'm not - but then I never bought bitcoin or Trump NFC digital cards.  Though i think the market on the Trump digital imagery NFT's pretty much collapsed(?).  

With this stock, as long as Trump looks to be President (and is President), I would treat its value as a route to purchasing favor with the President.  And as soon as he is not President, I would treat its value as a route to purchase favor with Dan Quale.
Link Posted: 3/26/2024 10:19:28 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Obo2] [#33]
Never buy an IPO
View Quote

The couple i was excited to buy have tanked pretty hard since ipo.

It was time to buy when it was the dwac spac. The time to sell has already passed.

Granted it might get a short squeeze and go insane but r/wallstreet bets probably isn't backing a trump stock.
Link Posted: 3/26/2024 11:47:19 PM EDT
[#34]
Originally Posted By ztug:

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By ztug:

Amazon had big revenue and a real business model, they just put all their money into expansion so they went a long time without showing a profit on paper.

Now they are the biggest logistics company in the world.  I'd say that's a little different from a brand that is 100% dependent on the popularity of a single person, who is also probably the most polarizing individual in the whole country, and can't even generate the revenue to cover 10% of their operating budget.
Link Posted: 3/26/2024 11:51:40 PM EDT
[#35]
How is it worth that much.  Nobody but trumps cult uses it.
Link Posted: 3/27/2024 12:18:35 AM EDT
[#36]
Originally Posted By Obo2:

It was time to buy when it was the dwac spac. The time to sell has already passed.

Granted it might get a short squeeze and go insane but r/wallstreet bets probably isn't backing a trump stock.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Obo2:
Never buy an IPO

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 3/27/2024 8:04:43 AM EDT
[#37]
Originally Posted By ArmyInfantryVet:

Yup.

I wonder if they're tracking where the stock buying is coming from. It'd be a good way to covertly "buy" a President, if your Russia and China.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By ajacobs:

"company that has racked up tens of millions of dollars in losses since its 2021 launch and generated just over $3 million in revenue during the first nine months of 2023"

if that isn't a meme stock I don't know what is.

Yup.

Like selling books and paintings or creating a "Foundation"?

Link Posted: 3/27/2024 8:14:30 AM EDT
[#38]

Yup.

View Quote

Attachment Attached File
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 3/27/2024 8:20:32 AM EDT
[#39]
I wouldn't be surprised if George Soros is short-selling a huge amount of DJT stock.  He's made a big chunk of his money by betting on failure and collapse (and probably, sometimes, helping facilitate said failure and collapse).
Link Posted: 3/27/2024 8:38:37 AM EDT
[#40]
Originally Posted By Carpe_Carp:
I wouldn't be surprised if George Soros is short-selling a huge amount of DJT stock.  He's made a big chunk of his money by betting on failure and collapse (and probably, sometimes, helping facilitate said failure and collapse).
View Quote

The next Dumb Money situation ?
Link Posted: 3/27/2024 8:40:35 AM EDT
[Last Edit: macros73] [#41]

And now we know what lives inside Gspointer's head rent free. Poor guy.
Link Posted: 3/27/2024 8:43:44 AM EDT
[#42]
I will say this about Trump. He bets on himself and plans to win. There is. Lesson there.
Link Posted: 3/27/2024 8:51:03 AM EDT
[#43]
Link Posted: 3/27/2024 9:08:09 AM EDT
[#44]
Originally Posted By Imzadi:

How many shares have you shorted?
View Quote

you know the answer as well as we all do

zip

he got cheeto's to buy man, can't spare no money to back up no advice he gives

understand, those that give advice on stuff like that fall into two camps

those that do it to prop up their ego

those that are doing it to push some sort of newsletter or blog subscription

guess which one he is
Link Posted: 3/27/2024 1:57:35 PM EDT
[#45]
Hilarious... all the losers are losing their shit no doubt.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 3/27/2024 2:05:43 PM EDT
[#46]
Link Posted: 3/27/2024 2:14:09 PM EDT
[#47]

Reddit has never made a dime in twenty years, Amazon never made a profit in 10 years, Lyft loses roughly a billion every year. Truth Social is up $8 billion on its first day and people are talking shit.
Link Posted: 3/27/2024 2:17:13 PM EDT
[#48]
Originally Posted By realwar:

Reddit has never made a dime in twenty years, Amazon never made a profit in 10 years, Lyft loses roughly a billion every year. Truth Social is up $8 billion on its first day and people are talking shit.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By realwar:

Which is why I'd like to introduce you to my new Crypto!  LazyCoin!  It doesn't actually even exist yet, but neither did any of those companies at first either.  If you'd like to get in on the ground early, I'm taking pre-purchases now.  One additional component of being in early, is it gives you early access to ME!  Where being a major investor, can purchase my influence on important decisions such as "family dinner planning"  "lawn-care battery charger purchasing influence" and more!  

Buy today!
Link Posted: 3/27/2024 2:18:53 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Garand1911] [#49]
Sold at $73
Link Posted: 3/27/2024 2:24:19 PM EDT
[#50]
Originally Posted By FMJ3:

Like selling books and paintings or creating a "Foundation"?

View Quote

A Foundation like the Penn -Biden Center that's mostly funded by Chynese donations ?
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top