BCM
User Panel

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 3/26/2024 3:03:45 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Ask her if she will get 3 implants and you can donate a nipple for the middle one.
View Quote

Plastics guy said they will suck fat from other areas and pad it around the implant so it looks more natural.  I volunteered. Said they weren’t quite there yet.  

But suck my own nipple?  Hell, I can do that now and won’t do it. Nope. Not gonna happen.
Link Posted: 3/26/2024 3:06:06 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

Just sent her the YouTube link to see if the plastics guy is up to adding a third.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Just sent her the YouTube link to see if the plastics guy is up to adding a third.

Get another set on her back, they won't be much to look at but it you'll love slow dancing with her

Best of luck!
Link Posted: 3/26/2024 3:08:27 PM EDT
[#3]
Prayers sent.

My wife had breast cancer recently as well.

Link Posted: 3/26/2024 3:11:43 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Ask her if she will get 3 implants and you can donate a nipple for the middle one.
View Quote

She has enough going on without a gross hairy pepperoni nipple in the middle of her chest.
Link Posted: 3/26/2024 3:12:12 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

It wasn't just you.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I was all loaded up with a Total Recall joke but this thread is not what I thought so I'll just say hoping for a full recovery.

Really though, "third boob".  Get it?

It wasn't just you.

+1
Link Posted: 3/26/2024 3:12:34 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 3/26/2024 3:37:15 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

She has enough going on without a gross hairy pepperoni nipple in the middle of her chest.
View Quote

We’ve met?  
Link Posted: 3/26/2024 3:40:06 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 3/26/2024 3:52:38 PM EDT
[#9]
Prayers sent.
Link Posted: 3/26/2024 5:08:38 PM EDT
[#10]
OP, if you dont mind answering, how old was your wife with the first time, and how old is she now? Any history in her family? grandmother, mother or sisters?

My wife has a half sister (same mother, different dad) who had breast cancer at 35, had a double mastectomy and is fine now. Full recovery, and is going through the process now after a few years post removal to have fake boobs. Mother in law's family has no Hx, and my wife had the genetic test that shows she doesnt carry the gene.

S-I-L's dad is dead, no contact with that side of the family, so unable to trace her father's family...
Link Posted: 3/26/2024 5:15:38 PM EDT
[#11]
Stay on top of it.

My wife is carrying around a titanium pellet they placed as a marker in one tit 7 months ago near some type of formation. They checked it last month, no changes. Just some type of calcium formation. Good to go till next year.
Link Posted: 3/26/2024 5:17:06 PM EDT
[#12]
Fuck cancer
Link Posted: 3/26/2024 5:22:31 PM EDT
[#13]
Best wish for the Mrs and you during this time.

Obviously we will let you off the hook regarding the pictures but when she is healthy and the work is done feel free to share all the pictures you want, just none of you please.
Link Posted: 3/26/2024 5:29:32 PM EDT
[#14]
Op if your wife ends up doing Chemo  she does not have to lose her hair. My wife kept her hair through 16 rounds of chemo using cold caps. We went with a company called artic cold caps. The caps are frozen in dry ice and go on her head at around 35 below zero. they get changed out every 20 minutes starting 45 minutes before chemo starts through 4 hours after its done. Its a pain but again my wife lost basically no hair.
Link Posted: 3/26/2024 5:30:14 PM EDT
[#15]
Praying for y’all.
Link Posted: 3/26/2024 5:30:42 PM EDT
[#16]
Hope she kicks it’s ass!
Link Posted: 3/26/2024 5:36:07 PM EDT
[#17]
Prayers and best wishes for your wife.
Link Posted: 3/26/2024 5:46:17 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
This is relevant to my interests as my wife refuses to get any more mammograms.

She says they hurt like a BITCH and can't be good for the breast to mash it like that.

I do wonder why another type of imaging can't be used what with all the advancements made over the years with image technology.

Best of luck to you and your wife OP and yes, FUCK cancer.
View Quote

3D mammography. It’s what my wife had this year.  No pain, no squished boobs, and great imagery. She needs to check this out now.

Link Posted: 3/26/2024 5:47:41 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

But why?  All the breast tissue that breast cancer grows in is removed.  Besides, that would be a bigger mental game for a woman that has sported DD’s all her life.

I will add, with this type of cancer she’s supposed to go on hormone blockers the rest of her life.  But this might change with both breasts getting removed and no more breast tissue.  I did tell her she cannot grow a mustache and/or a beard.

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:
You two should have a serious discussion about NOT getting implants.

But why?  All the breast tissue that breast cancer grows in is removed.  Besides, that would be a bigger mental game for a woman that has sported DD’s all her life.

I will add, with this type of cancer she’s supposed to go on hormone blockers the rest of her life.  But this might change with both breasts getting removed and no more breast tissue.  I did tell her she cannot grow a mustache and/or a beard.

This is why I suggested that discussion and research.

Part of the discussion are the prospects of having plastic sacks inside your body for the rest of your life, or potentially another surgery to have them removed.  

There is always the prospect that they will shift, too.  This can be mildly to severely disfiguring.  

Additionally, some implants are now know to CAUSE cancer.  They never know about this going in but it comes to light down-stream after the cancers emerge in the patients.  Ask your surgeon about the history on this.

No doubt, her vanity (and yours) plays a role in the decision, no doubt.  It is an important factor, too.    

The thing is, be informed, make an informed decision.  Ask about everything.  Don't assume the oncologists and surgeons are saints.  They're a business, too.

Lastly, the drugs are life-changing.  

The chemotherapy and radiation therapy almost kills you in the near term, then there are the long-term drugs (5 yr) and the life-long drugs.  Hormone blockers,... some block calcium uptake, so osteoporosis is a serious consequence.

You and your wife both have my best wishes for a speed and complete recovery from this dreadful disease.  Hang tight, she will need you.
Link Posted: 3/26/2024 6:04:00 PM EDT
[#20]
3 boobs? ok
Link Posted: 3/26/2024 6:05:43 PM EDT
[#21]
My wife has a rebuild from breast cancer doc did a fine job on it too it's very hard to tell the difference in them but she didn't have a total mastectomy.
Link Posted: 3/26/2024 6:36:52 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

This is why I suggested that discussion and research.

Part of the discussion are the prospects of having plastic sacks inside your body for the rest of your life, or potentially another surgery to have them removed.  

There is always the prospect that they will shift, too.  This can be mildly to severely disfiguring.  

Additionally, some implants are now know to CAUSE cancer.  They never know about this going in but it comes to light down-stream after the cancers emerge in the patients.  Ask your surgeon about the history on this.

No doubt, her vanity (and yours) plays a role in the decision, no doubt.  It is an important factor, too.    

The thing is, be informed, make an informed decision.  Ask about everything.  Don't assume the oncologists and surgeons are saints.  They're a business, too.

Lastly, the drugs are life-changing.  

The chemotherapy and radiation therapy almost kills you in the near term, then there are the long-term drugs (5 yr) and the life-long drugs.  Hormone blockers,... some block calcium uptake, so osteoporosis is a serious consequence.

You and your wife both have my best wishes for a speed and complete recovery from this dreadful disease.  Hang tight, she will need you.
View Quote

Valid points!  Plastic surgeon did discuss the cancer risks in the older implants.  One reason he had to pull her old records.  He does a tissue sample when he goes in and sends it off for pathology.  

Hormone blockers hasn’t been discussed with docs yet, but she’s reading up on them.
Link Posted: 3/26/2024 9:29:25 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
They did for my wife's back in 2017. They wanted to do a lumpectomy/radiation and then chemo, but she already had implants from a reduction earlier in life so they would have had to remove the implants, put expanders in, radiation, then reinstall the implants then chemo. They did her mastectomy and reconstruction at the same time and then she didn't need radiation because all the tissue was removed. 100% covered by our insurance, even the breast that wasn't affected, minus our $1000 deductible
View Quote

Thank you and OP for info.

Prayers
Link Posted: 3/26/2024 9:40:52 PM EDT
[#24]
God speed. Been there with the Wife- you are there for her through all of it, and that’s what matters.
Link Posted: 3/27/2024 7:34:33 PM EDT
[#25]
Just an update.
It’s been a long day, but surgery is done with.  Both removed, plastics guy worked with general surgeon and made incisions as if they were doing a lift.  No nasty above the nipple horizontal scars.  
All markers and glands biopsies came back negative.  This is great news!
This place was hopping today because she works here and is loved by all.  She’s worked with both surgeons.  
Plastic surgeon said he removed the old pocket formed from her old implants she had removed 7 years ago.  I now know a surgeon I would not recommend.  He should have done that when the implants came out.
Link Posted: 3/27/2024 7:36:18 PM EDT
[#26]
That’s a tough row to hoe.

All the best!
Link Posted: 3/27/2024 7:37:10 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
Just an update.
It’s been a long day, but surgery is done with.  Both removed, plastics guy worked with general surgeon and made incisions as if they were doing a lift.  No nasty above the nipple horizontal scars.  
This place was hopping today because she works here and is loved by all.  She’s worked with both surgeons.  
Plastic surgeon said he removed the old pocket formed from her old implants she had removed 7 years ago.  I now know a surgeon I would not recommend.  He should have done that when the implants came out.
View Quote

Link Posted: 3/27/2024 7:40:57 PM EDT
[#28]
Too many friends have had cancer. Lost two aunts and a MIL to cancer. Prayers coming her way.
Link Posted: 3/28/2024 9:03:23 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
Just an update.
It's been a long day, but surgery is done with.  Both removed, plastics guy worked with general surgeon and made incisions as if they were doing a lift.  No nasty above the nipple horizontal scars.  
This place was hopping today because she works here and is loved by all.  She's worked with both surgeons.  
View Quote
Good luck!
Link Posted: 3/28/2024 9:31:25 AM EDT
[#30]
Good deal OP.  And one more time.  Fuck cancer.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top