BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 3
Link Posted: 3/23/2024 7:53:12 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By billth777:
I take 5mg of responsible eating and disciplined exercise a week. Works amazingly.

OP you arent fat because your body isnt making enough semaglutide, you are fat because you cant control what you put in your mouth. Quit medicating a willpower problem.
View Quote

Does it matter that someone quits smoking by taking nicotine gum?  Or does it only count when they white knuckle it, cold turkey?

If it makes it easier for someone to get healthy....pour on the meds.
Link Posted: 3/25/2024 9:42:43 AM EDT
[#2]
Took my second dose Saturday.  No side effects, or very, very slight.

My appetite is still way down, moreso than with Trulicity.  All I ate yesterday was a bacon egg and cheese biscuit for breakfast.  Nothing else all day.  Felt a little hungry before bed, but not much.  Decided to just wait for morning.  Felt a little off this morning, so I ate a protein bar on the way to work and feel better now.  Still not hungry.

On a bit of a TMI note, I went two days without going to the bathroom, which is very unusual for me to say the least.  I more usually go twice a day.  Figured if I went three days, I’d send the doc a message, but it resolved itself, and all is well.

So far, I consider this drug to be a miracle.
Link Posted: 3/25/2024 11:21:00 AM EDT
[#3]
Get ready for more shortages.

Medicare expanding coverage
Link Posted: 3/25/2024 11:26:10 AM EDT
[#4]
Originally Posted By exponentialpi:

View Quote

I’m supposed to take a dose every 7 days.  I’m taking every 8-9 days so I can slowly build up a reserve.
Link Posted: 3/25/2024 11:28:55 AM EDT
[#5]
Originally Posted By exponentialpi:

View Quote

god damn do boomers ever not fuck anything up?
Link Posted: 3/25/2024 2:01:21 PM EDT
[#6]
Am I the only one that worries about the black box warning about causing thyroid cancer?
Link Posted: 3/25/2024 2:20:35 PM EDT
[#7]
Originally Posted By midcap:

god damn do boomers ever not fuck anything up?
View Quote

🤣🤣🤣
Link Posted: 3/25/2024 2:26:17 PM EDT
[#8]
Figure 10-12 lbs per month gone without breaking a sweat with Tirzepatide.
ETA: Regenics
Link Posted: 3/28/2024 9:33:29 AM EDT
[Last Edit: exponentialpi] [#9]
Link Posted: 3/28/2024 10:27:00 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Admiral_Crunch] [#10]
So far this week, no side effects, greatly reduced appetite.  Blood sugar is great.

The appetite thing continues to amaze me.

Tuesday, breakfast was half a doughnut from the breakroom.  Lunch was a banana.  Supper was about 3/4C of roasted mixed vegetables, half a dozen hot wings, and a couple of breadsticks.  I actually felt like I had eaten a little too much after dinner.

Yesterday, no breakfast.  Lunch was ten fried shrimp and cocktail sauce (leftovers).  “Dinner” was maybe a dozen strawberries an hour before bed, because my blood sugar felt a tad low.   Just the strawberries was enough to satisfy the small hunger I had.

Today, “brunch” was another cup of roasted veg.  I ate it because I felt I should eat something, not really because I was hungry.  Not planning to eat again until supper time.

I’m working out on an elliptical for about 30 minutes a day, and I’m lifting dumbbells about 3-4 times a week.  The weight loss has inspired me to work out more often than I was.  I had slacked off, but now I’m back on the horse.  I also want to lose fat, not muscle.

I don’t know how long the appetite thing will remain this effective, so I’m making the most of it while I can.
Link Posted: 3/28/2024 10:35:01 AM EDT
[Last Edit: anesvick] [#11]
I take 5mg of responsible eating and disciplined exercise a week. Works amazingly.

OP you arent fat because your body isnt making enough semaglutide, you are fat because you cant control what you put in your mouth. Quit medicating a willpower problem.
View Quote

So tired of people like you having to spout their fucking opinions on other people's lives.  I'm glad you don't have the issues that OP or I do, learn a little fucking humility and don't offer your dickheaded advice to people that don't want it and didn't ask for it.
Link Posted: 3/28/2024 10:38:05 AM EDT
[#12]
OP, I've taken Mounjaro and Ozempic, both worked pretty well for me, with Mounjaro being preferred due to less stomach issues in my case.  It does work, got my A1C below five and I've been losing weight.
Link Posted: 3/28/2024 10:52:39 AM EDT
[#13]
I'm taking the 10mg dose with no side effects.

I also find that the injections themselves are less painful than other similar meds.

Hell, most of the time if SWMBO was to sneak up on me, I'd never know it happened.
Link Posted: 3/28/2024 11:18:23 AM EDT
[#14]
Originally Posted By Hillbilly69:
I'm taking the 10mg dose with no side effects.

I also find that the injections themselves are less painful than other similar meds.

Hell, most of the time if SWMBO was to sneak up on me, I'd never know it happened.
View Quote

I noticed that as well.  I was taking Trulicity, and the injector pen looks identical, but the two doses I’ve taken have been less painful.  I assume the new injector is a smaller-gauge needle.  Nice perk.
Link Posted: 3/28/2024 11:33:38 AM EDT
[#15]
I did 90 days of the 7.5 been waiting 6 weeks for the 10 to become available. very noticeable loss of appetite the first few days after taking the shot. Bowel movements definitely slowed  down. Lost a about 12 pounds over that 90 days. a1c dropped from 6.3 to 6.0, apparently the 10mg gets into the area where people taking it just for weight loss begins. If I can't get it by end of next week, I'm just going to get the doc to put me back on the 7.5.  I was on Trulicity for about 2 yrs before so minor side effects weren't that noticeable
Link Posted: 3/28/2024 11:54:12 AM EDT
[#16]
Wife was on Byetta for years, they switched her to Victoza and now to Monjaro. They briefly gave her Ozempic but I'm not sure if she took more than one dose. She hasn't had any side effects other occasional low blood sugar. She's been type 2 for years, both parents diabetic, hereditary in her family. It for sure curbs her appetite, kinda takes any enjoyment out of going out to eat which we very seldom do. It's a constant battle getting her Rx filled due to the weight loss uses. I wish they'd prioritize diabetics over weight loss patients.
Link Posted: 3/28/2024 12:10:09 PM EDT
[#17]
My wife and I have been on Mounjaro and now compounded tirzepatide for the last 1.5 years.

Prior to this the only thing that worked to lose weight was Keto and a TON of exercise. Even at that I never got below 180lbs at 5'7"

I went from 205 to 160 in about 6 months and have maintained 160 with a 5mg dose for the last year. While I still eat healthily, I no longer stress about having a dessert here or there and can exercise for general fitness rather than weight loss.

My fasting blood sugar went from high 90s to 65-72, BP is not high anymore, and cholesterol is normal - bone density has remained stable. I have had no side effects since day 1, nor has my wife.

The only downside has been having to completely replace my wardrobe and being limited on where I can find pants with a 30" or smaller waist.

Link Posted: 3/28/2024 12:31:51 PM EDT
[#18]
Originally Posted By Ronnoc:

What i am hoping for.  Doing intermittent fasting, keto, and in three months have only dropped 10 pounds.

I am constantly hungry,  an hour after a big meal of meat and veggies and in an hour I am hungry like I had never eaten.   Hoping this will slow down stomach emptying.   I  had a test on this about two years ago and my stomach was emptying out in less than two hours.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Samal:
I am on 2.5mg for 4 weeks at this time. Insurance did not approve 5mg, but it approved 2.5 for my A1C of 5.9 - prediabetic.  I cut my portions more than half, strictly keto, and fast intermittently (11 am and 4 pm meals) without any trouble - I am never hungry. Lost 20 lbs so far, 15 in the first two weeks.  53 yo. 5'8", was 245, now 224

no side effects  

What i am hoping for.  Doing intermittent fasting, keto, and in three months have only dropped 10 pounds.

I am constantly hungry,  an hour after a big meal of meat and veggies and in an hour I am hungry like I had never eaten.   Hoping this will slow down stomach emptying.   I  had a test on this about two years ago and my stomach was emptying out in less than two hours.

Keto Burns More Fat | Nutrition Myths #8

Go to 6:00 minutes, but you should watch or listen to the whole thing.

Don't do Keto then.  Sounds like Keto just doesn't work well for you.  If it doesn't work well for you, stop doing it.  The #1 benefit of Keto is for hunger suppression, and if that doesn't happen, there's only downsides to it.
Link Posted: 3/28/2024 12:38:12 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Gator] [#19]
Originally Posted By Admiral_Crunch:
So far this week, no side effects, greatly reduced appetite.  Blood sugar is great.

The appetite thing continues to amaze me.

Tuesday, breakfast was half a doughnut from the breakroom.  Lunch was a banana.  Supper was about 3/4C of roasted mixed vegetables, half a dozen hot wings, and a couple of breadsticks.  I actually felt like I had eaten a little too much after dinner.

Yesterday, no breakfast.  Lunch was ten fried shrimp and cocktail sauce (leftovers).  “Dinner” was maybe a dozen strawberries an hour before bed, because my blood sugar felt a tad low.   Just the strawberries was enough to satisfy the small hunger I had.

Today, “brunch” was another cup of roasted veg.  I ate it because I felt I should eat something, not really because I was hungry.  Not planning to eat again until supper time.

I’m working out on an elliptical for about 30 minutes a day, and I’m lifting dumbbells about 3-4 times a week.  The weight loss has inspired me to work out more often than I was.  I had slacked off, but now I’m back on the horse.  I also want to lose fat, not muscle.

I don’t know how long the appetite thing will remain this effective, so I’m making the most of it while I can.
View Quote

Bolded part - Ain't gonna happen eating like that (ETA: you'll lose both)

If you normally eat like this, you're getting massive hunger pains because your diet is mostly garbage.  

You're doing well with the things like the roasted veggies and fruit, but your protein sources are all fried things.  You should minimize fried foods substituting for leaner sources of protein ESPECIALLY because you're eating so little.
Link Posted: 3/28/2024 1:29:39 PM EDT
[#20]
There is a lot of... false criticism of the drug by many on the right.
Many on the right seem to think it gives you this magical power to eat whatever the fuck you want, be lazy, and do nothing... and you'll just lose weight regardless.
They dont understand that all these drugs do is suppress your appetite... they simply make it so you dont crave food as much.

Frankly, I think that something has definitely gone wrong in western nations when it comes to appetite. It takes an incredible amount of sheer will power to remain in good shape,... This has not always been the case. This is not the case overseas either. Overseas in many countries like Japan, Philippines, Korea, Thailand etc... people just remain skinny... effortlessly. And I call BS that those countries dont have as much junk food. They certainly have their fair share of junk food.

I honestly wonder if western food producers really are pumping addictive chemicals in food to suppress the human satiety reflex.
Not sure whats causing it, but it is a problem.

You shouldn't have to constantly feel like you're constantly battling yourself just to avoid getting fat. Some people are more affected by this than others. I've known people who dont watch what they eat, and live fairly lazy lives... who still manage to stay thin. Yet I also know of fat people who really do seem to be trying to lose weight, and really struggle at it. But they deal with constant cravings, and constant hunger pangs. But they go out and make an effort, but mostly fail.

Are you really going to argue that the skinny lazy guy who stuffs his face, but still manages to stay thin... is morally/ethically superior to the fatty who's trying but failing?

If there is a drug that can suppress the fatty's desire to eat, to bring it more in line with the former type of person I mention.... I don't think its some sort of "failure" on their end.
Its not fair to say they're "looking for the easy way out". I think a lot of fat people probably just crave food more than skinny people.
If there is a medicine that can seriously fix that eating disorder by reinforcing their satiety reflex... I'm all for it.

That being said, I have no idea what potential side effects there are. *THAT IS* a valid topic of concern and discussion.
But its very inaccurate to say that these drugs allow you to stuff your face, do nothing and lose weight. They make you not want to stuff your face.
Link Posted: 3/28/2024 1:38:49 PM EDT
[#21]

View Quote
We are all humans. You might eat your given set of calories that you consume and feel satiated by it.
Perhaps you might need a bit of willpower to resist a little extra.

But for someone else, their body feels completely different. Their hunger pangs are irresistable. Their cravings consume their mind. You might never have experienced that level of temptation and test of will power.

Its like mocking people who can't take certain levels of spicy food. People who can eat spicier food, it has been proven,... dont actually have a higher pain tolerance... but merely the spices merely do not trigger the same level of pain. They're literally not feeling what someone with a lower spice tolerance is feeling when eating the same pepper.

It would be like you bitching at someone screaming in pain who got shot in the leg... while you brag about how you didn't even flinch from a slap on the hand.

*MAYBE* I'm wrong about you. *MAYBE* you do feel terrible hunger pangs 24/7... and crave food all the time... and you really do have a massive amount of will power. Good for you. You should be proud of yourself.
But I think people should be able to judge themselves and realistically rate their own limitations and look for alternatives to relying on mere force of will.
Link Posted: 3/28/2024 1:55:21 PM EDT
[#22]
All I know about the drug is that my wife needs it but the pharmacy's in Mobile can't get any until (they say) mid April.  She goes without while some fat slobs get it for weight loss.
Link Posted: 3/28/2024 2:29:10 PM EDT
[Last Edit: PatriotAr15] [#23]
Originally Posted By GenoGS:

This is my position as well.

The people who say "just eat less" are not wrong, but I think it is akin to pain tolerance. It's impossible to tell how someone feels, and some people probably do just have zero self control, but being hungry every minute of every day makes things very difficult.

Even if you are sometimes hungry how do you know if your level of hunger is anything like someone else's. It is possible someone over eats because they are incredibly hungry all of the time.

Not everyone's metabolism is the same either. I work with someone who religiously tracks everything he eats who was unable to gain weight despite eating 6500 calories a day. He takes some sort of medication now because that's obviously a bit extreme, but surely some people have that type of metabolism to a lesser extent.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By GenoGS:
Originally Posted By Admiral_Crunch:

He sounds like someone who has no concept of what it feels like to always be ravenously starving.  Some people have hyperactive digestive systems, and it's a major struggle to do what he takes for granted.  It comes across as someone making fun of someone crawling in the desert for being thirsty.  When I first took Trulicity, I wanted to weep with joy.  I was shocked.  For the first time, I wasn't hungry every moment of the day. I figured this must be what normal people feel like, and it was amazing.  If I felt like that normally, losing weight would be a snap.  He has no idea.  So instead, he just throws rocks like a bully on the playground.

This is my position as well.

The people who say "just eat less" are not wrong, but I think it is akin to pain tolerance. It's impossible to tell how someone feels, and some people probably do just have zero self control, but being hungry every minute of every day makes things very difficult.

Even if you are sometimes hungry how do you know if your level of hunger is anything like someone else's. It is possible someone over eats because they are incredibly hungry all of the time.

Not everyone's metabolism is the same either. I work with someone who religiously tracks everything he eats who was unable to gain weight despite eating 6500 calories a day. He takes some sort of medication now because that's obviously a bit extreme, but surely some people have that type of metabolism to a lesser extent.
How the *HELL* do you eat 6500 calories a day, and *STILL* not gain weight... unless you're a massive, humongous muscles-built-on-muscle, body builder?
The only people I know of who can eat like that and not gain fat-weight are body builders... because their muscles actually consume a lot of calories daily.

I am not saying these people dont exist. I know they do. I've seen people like that, and talked to people who have expressed having the same problem. I feel like "metabolism" is too simply of an answer. It makes me wonder if, like their body just isn't digesting the calories and absorbing them properly... and a far greater percentage of their calories is just going out their rear and into the toilet. Essentially, their body just "Wastes food". A digestive track reminiscent of those people who take a tiny bit out of chicken wings, and then throw the wing away with 90% of the meat still on it while they move on to the next wing?
Link Posted: 3/28/2024 2:38:30 PM EDT
[#24]
10mg shot once a week. A1C went from in the high 7's and low 8's to 5.9 and I anticipate it will still get a little lower. I've lost 57lbs. I haven't noticed any bad side effects.
Link Posted: 3/28/2024 2:43:03 PM EDT
[#25]
Originally Posted By PatriotAr15:
Many on the right seem to think it gives you this magical power to eat whatever the fuck you want, be lazy, and do nothing... and you'll just lose weight regardless.
They dont understand that all these drugs do is suppress your appetite... they simply make it so you dont crave food as much.

Frankly, I think that something has definitely gone wrong in western nations when it comes to appetite. It takes an incredible amount of sheer will power to remain in good shape,... This has not always been the case. This is not the case overseas either. Overseas in many countries like Japan, Philippines, Korea, Thailand etc... people just remain skinny... effortlessly. And I call BS that those countries dont have as much junk food. They certainly have their fair share of junk food.

I honestly wonder if western food producers really are pumping addictive chemicals in food to suppress the human satiety reflex.

You shouldn't have to constantly feel like you're constantly battling yourself just to avoid getting fat. Some people are more affected by this than others. I've known people who dont watch what they eat, and live fairly lazy lives... who still manage to stay thin. Yet I also know of fat people who really do seem to be trying to lose weight, and really struggle at it. But they deal with constant cravings, and constant hunger pangs. But they go out and make an effort, but mostly fail.

Are you really going to argue that the skinny lazy guy who stuffs his face, but still manages to stay thin... is morally/ethically superior to the fatty who's trying but failing?

If there is a drug that can suppress the fatty's desire to eat, to bring it more in line with the former type of person I mention.... I don't think its some sort of "failure" on their end.
Its not fair to say they're "looking for the easy way out". I think a lot of fat people probably just crave food more than skinny people.
If there is a medicine that can seriously fix that eating disorder by reinforcing their satiety reflex... I'm all for it.

That being said, I have no idea what potential side effects there are. *THAT IS* a valid topic of concern and discussion.
But its very inaccurate to say that these drugs allow you to stuff your face, do nothing and lose weight. They make you not want to stuff your face.
View Quote

No, it's the foods we choose to eat in the west.  It's been coined hyper-palatability.

https://medicalxpress.com/news/2023-01-impact-hyper-palatable-foods-diets.html

The foods are very delicious and calorie dense (and also generally not very nutritious.)  Because they are so delicious and calorie dense, we'll naturally over eat them without a conscious effort not to.  For example, calorie wise most people should only have a slice or two of pizza... but it tastes so darn good you don't stop at one or two slices.  Or ice cream... measure out 100 or 200 calories worth of ice cream?  Yeah, 99.87% of the people aren't stopping there with ice cream.

You get further into the weeds and the nutritional value plays a role too, albeit a smaller role.  You get some hunger signaling if nutritious needs aren't met.  Another but smaller reason eating too much junk food leads people to getting fat.
Link Posted: 3/28/2024 2:57:21 PM EDT
[#26]

View Quote

Interesting thing about Asian countries: they had to lower the BMI obesity standards because they are notoriously “skinny fat.”
In addition, imagine having a primitive body in a modern society. Our ancestors would be quite large as well given the survival drive to eat sugars when found. The difference is we don’t have to wait for the right season, right place, or right time to get it. We just need to drive to the store.
Link Posted: 3/28/2024 3:01:57 PM EDT
[#27]
Originally Posted By Gator:

No, it's the foods we choose to eat in the west.  It's been coined hyper-palatability.

The foods are very delicious and calorie dense (and also generally not very nutritious.)  Because they are so delicious and calorie dense, we'll naturally over eat them without a conscious effort not to.  For example, calorie wise most people should only have a slice or two of pizza... but it tastes so darn good you don't stop at one or two slices.  Or ice cream... measure out 100 or 200 calories worth of ice cream?  Yeah, 99.87% of the people aren't stopping there with ice cream.

You get further into the weeds and the nutritional value plays a role too, albeit a smaller role.  You get some hunger signaling if nutritious needs aren't met.  Another but smaller reason eating too much junk food leads people to getting fat.
View All Quotes

To be honest, I call BS on that. Having traveled overseas, I will say that food overseas is *VERY* palatable.
The Thai food I had in Thailand, was some of the most flavorful food I've ever had in my entire life. It was remarkable food.

Same goes for Filipino food... and Korean food.

If American food is "Hyper palatable" ... then when traveling overseas... my experience with local cuisine should have been "meh, this is bland boring stuff". But its the opposite.
I'm sorry, but I just don't buy that explanation.
Link Posted: 3/28/2024 3:03:30 PM EDT
[#28]
Was trying to donate a kidney so got started on compounded semaglutide. Get some nasty stomach problems pretty reliably around 5 days after the injection.

40 lbs since December.
Link Posted: 3/28/2024 3:26:22 PM EDT
[#29]
Bloating, indigestion.
Biggest issues. And big healthy shits that can clear a room lol.

My biggest issue is " grazing " at night

I try to hold out 14 to 16hrs from last meal to breakfast. Normally 2 eggs and a sausage patty.
Lunch I just switched to veggies, humous and cheese.
I eat very little during the day drink almost 90oz of h20.
Don't plan on eating a 1lb ribeye....
I got so bloated an nauseous I almost got sick lolol
You have to relearn what amounts you can consume.

I just started on 5mg..was on 2.5. A1c dropped from 7 to 6.2.
Weight...I'd say 10 to 15lbs. I don't dwell on it.
But I've dropped 2 belt notches and clothes aren't as tight

My only problem is I crave carbs bad.
I've always been high protein low carb...but never craved them like now.

My booze consumption has been cut in half....

I've been trying to get motivated to start bike riding again  but am having an issue with my heel.

Link Posted: 3/28/2024 3:29:02 PM EDT
[#30]
To be honest, I call BS on that. Having traveled overseas, I will say that food overseas is *VERY* palatable.
The Thai food I had in Thailand, was some of the most flavorful food I've ever had in my entire life. It was remarkable food.

If American food is "Hyper palatable" ... then when traveling overseas... my experience with local cuisine should have been "meh, this is bland boring stuff". But its the opposite.
View All Quotes

It's not BS, I oversimplified it, but you took it a step further.  

It's more than just being delicious.  There's a link to the study on that page I posted that gets into detail.  

Why would you find it hard to believe if the vast majority of someone's diet is delicious, calorically dense foods (lots of calories for it's weight) it's difficult not to overeat?
Link Posted: 3/28/2024 3:39:18 PM EDT
[Last Edit: PatriotAr15] [#31]

It's more than just being delicious.  There's a link to the study on that page I posted that gets into detail.  

Why would you find it hard to believe if the vast majority of someone's diet is delicious, calorically dense foods (lots of calories for it's weight) it's difficult not to overeat?
View All Quotes

I'm not denying that a lot of food in America is delicious and calorically dense. I'm just saying that food overseas isn't that different.

I found the food in Thailand to be on a whole nother level of deliciousness. If that hypothesis you're referring to is true,... Thailand should be the fattest country on earth.
America does not have a monopoly on the ubiquity and prevalence of delicious food. Anyone who would claim otherwise, has to be someone who's never traveled outside the US.

ETA: I'll read the article. But respectfully... your summary of it isn't very convincing.
Link Posted: 3/28/2024 3:40:21 PM EDT
[#32]
Link Posted: 3/28/2024 4:22:44 PM EDT
[#33]
Originally Posted By uafgrad:
For me, I have seen significant changes in my A1c with it

Downside is the gas, and it can be bad
View Quote
I wait till my wife gets in the same room or even better.   The shower.....
I've choked my self more than once and even made the dog look at me then jump off the bed and run outta the room.
Link Posted: 3/28/2024 5:33:16 PM EDT
[#34]
Tagged.
Link Posted: 3/28/2024 6:02:41 PM EDT
[#35]
How are you guys affording this?

I search for Trulicity on Goodrx, and it's like $850 for 4 pens/doses?

Link Posted: 3/28/2024 6:05:11 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Samal] [#36]
Compound (made by an independent pharmacy using reverse engineering) is about 300-500.

My insurance covers the original brand of Mounjaro on low dosage so far $75 copay
Link Posted: 3/28/2024 6:11:13 PM EDT
[Last Edit: MDI] [#37]
Link Posted: 3/28/2024 6:14:20 PM EDT
[#38]
Weight loss on Ozempic is known to plateau. I'm waiting for Viking Therapeutics to bring their drug to the market after Trials end. VK2735
Link Posted: 3/28/2024 6:15:51 PM EDT
[#39]
I skimmed the thread but didn't see it. Is any one taking Phentermine? I just got Rx'd this a few days ago. Doc said he sees great results for other patients of his.
Link Posted: 3/28/2024 6:20:40 PM EDT
[#40]
Originally Posted By MDI:
View Quote

Thanks.
Glad I got the info before the edit.

Good place to learn about this method?
Link Posted: 3/28/2024 6:20:56 PM EDT
[#41]
Originally Posted By TheLookingGlass:
I skimmed the thread but didn't see it. Is any one taking Phentermine? I just got Rx'd this a few days ago. Doc said he sees great results for other patients of his.
View Quote
Wife took it.  Worked great, also dangerous as hell.
Link Posted: 3/28/2024 6:23:55 PM EDT
[#42]
Originally Posted By anesvick:
Wife took it.  Worked great, also dangerous as hell.
View Quote

Yup that makes sense. I had to get an ultrasound of my heart as well as a stress test before he would put me on it.
Link Posted: 3/28/2024 6:24:51 PM EDT
[#43]
Originally Posted By TheLookingGlass:
View Quote

https://www.ar15.com/forums/General/Can-phentermine-cause-anger-issues-/5-2703991/
Link Posted: 3/28/2024 8:38:07 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Admiral_Crunch] [#44]

Bolded part - Ain't gonna happen eating like that (ETA: you'll lose both)

If you normally eat like this, you're getting massive hunger pains because your diet is mostly garbage.  

You're doing well with the things like the roasted veggies and fruit, but your protein sources are all fried things.  You should minimize fried foods substituting for leaner sources of protein ESPECIALLY because you're eating so little.
View Quote

I actually don’t eat a lot of fried food.  Some, but not too much.  If I eat too much, it gives me stomach issues.  Just happened to have some recently and had leftovers I needed to finish off.  That was actually the first fried shrimp I’ e had in a year.  I almost always get grilled.  I very much realize that if I’m going to be eating a lot less, what I do eat matters more.  Most of my meat is grilled chicken, beef, salmon, grilled shrimp, and some pork.

Actually craving some protein, and I have a salmon steak in the fridge.  Gonna bake that for dinner tonight.
Link Posted: 3/28/2024 8:43:32 PM EDT
[#45]
Originally Posted By crag_dt:
How are you guys affording this?

I search for Trulicity on Goodrx, and it's like $850 for 4 pens/doses?

View Quote

Medical insurance.  I couldn’t afford my meds without it. I just pay a copay.
Link Posted: 3/28/2024 8:46:11 PM EDT
[#46]
I've been on it for several weeks and haven't lost a pound.
Link Posted: 3/28/2024 9:02:33 PM EDT
[#47]
I'm not denying that a lot of food in America is delicious and calorically dense. I'm just saying that food overseas isn't that different.

I found the food in Thailand to be on a whole nother level of deliciousness. If that hypothesis you're referring to is true,... Thailand should be the fattest country on earth.
America does not have a monopoly on the ubiquity and prevalence of delicious food. Anyone who would claim otherwise, has to be someone who's never traveled outside the US.

ETA: I'll read the article. But respectfully... your summary of it isn't very convincing.
View All Quotes

Wife is Thai and basically a Thai chef.  The struggle is real!
Link Posted: 3/28/2024 9:54:02 PM EDT
[#48]
my worst side effect was constipation. Upped the fiber supplements and it helped.
Link Posted: 3/28/2024 10:12:12 PM EDT
[#49]
My doctor prescribed it because despite eating very low carb, less than 20 a day, my A1c is still 6.5, so giving this a try.

My main worry was when I took Victoza after a few months I began vomiting violently.   I think Mounjaro and Victoza are a similar family of drugs.
View Quote

I was in a similar situation.
When I was diagnosed as a type 2 I changed a lot and I did drop weight and get healthier.
And then Leukemia happened and threw things off a bit and they changed some things which made stuff worse (I hate Glipizide BTW)
Put me on Mounjaro in May of last year and I am down 53 pounds and way more active.
A1C has been really good and I am way happier being able to do more.
No side effects at all on my end other than the occasional tiredness on shot day but no serious side effects at all.
Link Posted: 3/28/2024 10:17:10 PM EDT
[#50]
Originally Posted By Samal:
Compound (made by an independent pharmacy using reverse engineering) is about 300-500.

My insurance covers the original brand of Mounjaro on low dosage so far $75 copay
View Quote

What do you mean by "Compound"?

Is this kind of like Hims, etc?
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top