Originally Posted By GenYRevolverGuy:

For old people.

View Quote

That burn attempt reeks of milennial.
Link Posted: 3/26/2024 4:06:09 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 3/26/2024 4:13:02 PM EDT
[#3]
Trade deadline pushed back one week to after Week 9, as submitted by PIT.
Link Posted: 3/26/2024 4:26:10 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
View Quote

Smith underutilized Patterson in Atlanta. Patterson complained about it, I remember a tweet he posted saying he could still play at a high level or something along those lines. He is a stud player that I wish was still a Falcon.
Link Posted: 3/26/2024 4:33:51 PM EDT
[Last Edit: David_ESM] [#5]
Former NE Patriot Malcolm Butler arrested for drunk driving in North Providence, Rhode Island.

Butler, who caught the Super Bowl-clinching interception in 2015, was found by a police officer blocking a lane on Mineral Spring Avenue near the ramps to Route 146 with his car, a white Mercedes, about 3:22 a.m. on Saturday, March 16, according to the North Providence police report.

An officer who spoke with him noted a strong smell of alcohol on his breath, slurred speech and bloodshot eyes, according to the report. He allegedly refused to take a series of field sobriety tests and was arrested on suspicion of driving under the influence.

He's due in court Thursday morning to face the DUI charge, a misdemeanor, and two violations: refusing to submit to a chemical test and parking or stopping in an intersection.

Link Posted: 3/26/2024 4:38:19 PM EDT
[#6]
Originally Posted By David_ESM:
Former NE Patriot Malcolm Butler arrested for drunk driving in North Providence, Rhode Island.

Butler, who caught the Super Bowl-clinching interception in 2015, was found by a police officer blocking a lane on Mineral Spring Avenue near the ramps to Route 146 with his car, a white Mercedes, about 3:22 a.m. on Saturday, March 16, according to the North Providence police report.

An officer who spoke with him noted a strong smell of alcohol on his breath, slurred speech and bloodshot eyes, according to the report. He allegedly refused to take a series of field sobriety tests and was arrested on suspicion of driving under the influence.

He's due in court Thursday morning to face the DUI charge, a misdemeanor, and two violations: refusing to submit to a chemical test and parking or stopping in an intersection.

https://www.wpri.com/wp-content/uploads/sites/23/2024/03/malcolm-butler-booking-photo.jpg
View Quote

Was he driving that car Brady gave him?
Link Posted: 3/26/2024 4:41:47 PM EDT
[#7]
View Quote

If they want to keep him and I am starting to have doubts, this is pants on head retarded. If he is asking and average of 60 million a year now, if he has a decent year in 2024 it will only go up.

They waited too long last time and ended up overpaying. I don't think they overpay this time, I think he plays in 2024 and hits free agency.
Link Posted: 3/26/2024 4:43:58 PM EDT
[#8]
Originally Posted By colklink:

If they want to keep him and I am starting to have doubts, this is pants on head retarded. If he is asking and average of 60 million a year now, if he has a decent year in 2024 it will only go up.

They waited too long last time and ended up overpaying. I don't think they overpay this time, I think he plays in 2024 and hits free agency.
View Quote

Unless he wins the Superbowl I don't think he'll be back in 25.

That's what I took away from Jerry's all in comment.
Link Posted: 3/26/2024 4:45:12 PM EDT
[Last Edit: David_ESM] [#9]
Originally Posted By Hunter-Killer:

Was he driving that car Brady gave him?
View Quote
Says he was in a white Mercedes. So negative. He got a Chevy truck out of the SB MVP deal.
Link Posted: 3/26/2024 5:29:14 PM EDT
[#10]

The only proven OT on the roster right now is Jawaan Taylor. Morris is a developmental guy with starter potential.

The only proven DE on the active roster right now is Karlaftis. Omenihu tore his ACL in the AFCCG. That was January 28. We shouldn't expect him back before October, it could be closer to December, and we don't know what kind of shape he'll be in. FAU is, again, a developmental player at best. They should work on him, but they shouldn't bet the season on him. They still can and probably should bring back Mike Danna, but if they don't they're looking at 1,000 or so DE snaps they need to replace between him and Omenihu.

The WR situation is more complicated. Rashee Rice and Hollywood Brown are both pretty good WR2s on paper, but the caveats are Rice is entering his sophomore season and Brown has a history of injury issues and is on a 1 year prove-it deal for a reason. Behind those two, it's not good. Watson and Toney are ST guys at best, and Moore is a bust. Kelce is getting older and visibly fading, and there isn't another receiving TE to fill those shoes, either. They need two more guys at WR, and only one should be a rookie. The other guy should be a veteran with starter potential.

WR isn't the only position the Chiefs should be shopping at #32, and we don't know who will still be on the board there. The Chiefs also have a pretty bad record of drafting WRs.

I don't think the Chiefs need $20M+ APY star player splash signings to fill these holes, but the kind of workhorse players they need probably won't be super cheap.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By lefty-weaver-g19:
Interesting that the defending champs also have the 6th most cap space currently.  Got to keep that dead money to a minimum 😎

The Chiefs don't have a LT, they only have one NFL quality DE on the active roster, they still need a veteran WR, they have zero RB depth behind Pacheco, and they just traded away a cornerstone defensive player for a 2025 3rd round pick.

Let's crack the beers when they have a complete roster.

They have a couple tackles although they may not be the only ones they start the season with.  They also have onenihu and the other guy that was a first round pick with a name I can’t spell at DE. Both solid players.  They don’t need another veteran WR they can add WR in the draft.  

The chiefs are in a good place. Every roster has holes.

Trading sneed wasn’t about getting draft picks it was about the long term cap and getting something now rather than nothing later.  Well run teams are playing the long game not just what is best right now.

Let me guess half way through last year you were saying the chiefs weren’t a contender as well ?

The only proven OT on the roster right now is Jawaan Taylor. Morris is a developmental guy with starter potential.

The only proven DE on the active roster right now is Karlaftis. Omenihu tore his ACL in the AFCCG. That was January 28. We shouldn't expect him back before October, it could be closer to December, and we don't know what kind of shape he'll be in. FAU is, again, a developmental player at best. They should work on him, but they shouldn't bet the season on him. They still can and probably should bring back Mike Danna, but if they don't they're looking at 1,000 or so DE snaps they need to replace between him and Omenihu.

The WR situation is more complicated. Rashee Rice and Hollywood Brown are both pretty good WR2s on paper, but the caveats are Rice is entering his sophomore season and Brown has a history of injury issues and is on a 1 year prove-it deal for a reason. Behind those two, it's not good. Watson and Toney are ST guys at best, and Moore is a bust. Kelce is getting older and visibly fading, and there isn't another receiving TE to fill those shoes, either. They need two more guys at WR, and only one should be a rookie. The other guy should be a veteran with starter potential.

WR isn't the only position the Chiefs should be shopping at #32, and we don't know who will still be on the board there. The Chiefs also have a pretty bad record of drafting WRs.

I don't think the Chiefs need $20M+ APY star player splash signings to fill these holes, but the kind of workhorse players they need probably won't be super cheap.

I disagree.  I think the Chiefs are in excellent position to make a run at the 3 peat.  They don't have the best roster in the NFL, but they didn't the last two years either.  They won a super bowl with what 5 rookie DB's two years ago and no number one receiver last year.  

I trust the front office, coaching staff, and Mahomes at QB.  I have zero worries that they will have a solid roster come week one.  

I don't get how these Chiefs fans are constantly pessimistic.  
Link Posted: 3/26/2024 5:40:07 PM EDT
[#11]
Originally Posted By Notcalifornialegal:

Unless he wins the Superbowl I don't think he'll be back in 25.

That's what I took away from Jerry's all in comment.
View Quote

Agreed. I think Jones is tired of paying above average players like superstars and being ineffective in the playoffs. IMO the Cowboys mediocrity lies solely at his feet. The culture he has created. But, he isn't going to accept any responsibility, I looked for him to blow it up after this year. Meh.
Link Posted: 3/26/2024 5:49:50 PM EDT
[#12]
Originally Posted By TinSpinner:

Smith underutilized Patterson in Atlanta. Patterson complained about it, I remember a tweet he posted saying he could still play at a high level or something along those lines. He is a stud player that I wish was still a Falcon.
View Quote

He’s a 33 year old gadget guy. No where close to a stud.
Link Posted: 3/26/2024 6:02:22 PM EDT
[#13]

I disagree.  I think the Chiefs are in excellent position to make a run at the 3 peat.  They don't have the best roster in the NFL, but they didn't the last two years either.  They won a super bowl with what 5 rookie DB's two years ago and no number one receiver last year.  

I trust the front office, coaching staff, and Mahomes at QB.  I have zero worries that they will have a solid roster come week one.  

View All Quotes
Interesting that the defending champs also have the 6th most cap space currently.  Got to keep that dead money to a minimum 😎

The Chiefs don't have a LT, they only have one NFL quality DE on the active roster, they still need a veteran WR, they have zero RB depth behind Pacheco, and they just traded away a cornerstone defensive player for a 2025 3rd round pick.

They have a couple tackles although they may not be the only ones they start the season with.  They also have onenihu and the other guy that was a first round pick with a name I can’t spell at DE. Both solid players.  They don’t need another veteran WR they can add WR in the draft.  

Trading sneed wasn’t about getting draft picks it was about the long term cap and getting something now rather than nothing later.  Well run teams are playing the long game not just what is best right now.

Let me guess half way through last year you were saying the chiefs weren’t a contender as well ?

Because they aren’t a contender.
Link Posted: 3/26/2024 6:21:33 PM EDT
[#14]
Video included.
Sauce's response:

Link Posted: 3/26/2024 6:44:18 PM EDT
[Last Edit: StarCityShooter] [#15]
Originally Posted By ClayHollisterTT:

View All Quotes

Link Posted: 3/26/2024 7:13:33 PM EDT
[#16]

View Quote

Maybe they just need a 'Lucky' "Champ Stamp"

Link Posted: 3/26/2024 7:21:57 PM EDT
[#17]

View Quote

How long will he behave himself?
Is there an odds function within arf?
Link Posted: 3/26/2024 10:29:35 PM EDT
[#18]

View All Quotes

You're missing the point entirely.

You're celebrating the Chiefs having a bunch of cap space after trading away Sneed, but you're not acknowledging their current state of roster construction.

I'm saying they still have obvious work to do, and the players they are likely to sign are going to eat up a bunch of that newly discovered cap space.
Link Posted: 3/27/2024 2:01:57 AM EDT
[#19]
have we not done this yet? sorry David. you're gonna have to find a fourth team to root for.

Link Posted: 3/27/2024 4:57:36 AM EDT
[Last Edit: lefty-weaver-g19] [#20]

You're celebrating the Chiefs having a bunch of cap space after trading away Sneed, but you're not acknowledging their current state of roster construction.

I'm saying they still have obvious work to do, and the players they are likely to sign are going to eat up a bunch of that newly discovered cap space.
View All Quotes

I get the point.  I just disagree that we should be concerned as due to the cap space and the draft yet to come I think they are in great position.  Outside of a few teams with outstanding rosters most teams have more holes and less cap space.  The Chiefs are in good position to fill needs with the draft and still have cap space to fill any holes or depth needs with veteran free agents on one year deals if needed.  This also keeps them in good position to resign the guys in their final year of contracts next offseason.

Sneed has injury concerns and lots of penalties.  Great player but the risk of signing him to the deal the Titans gave him was too great in my opinion.  Sometimes the greater risk is keeping a player like that.  With the holes you mentioned the cap space was more important than keeping Sneed especially since the secondary is one place the Chiefs have depth at.

I feel the Chiefs secondary is in good shape without Sneed even without knowing the status of Bryan Cook next year.  

You know how you end up with crippling dead cap ?  Signing guys to long term deals with lots of guaranteed money that then have constant injuries/drop off in production causing you to release them.
Link Posted: 3/27/2024 11:10:26 AM EDT
[#21]
Link Posted: 3/27/2024 11:14:22 AM EDT
[Last Edit: David_ESM] [#22]
Via The Athletic: ESPN pursuing Jason Kelce in latest 'Monday Night Football' pregame shake-up: Sources
Click To View SpoilerMore in the article if interested.
Link Posted: 3/27/2024 11:41:01 AM EDT
[#23]
IG: NFLmemes

"LGBTQB1"
Link Posted: 3/27/2024 11:44:43 AM EDT
[#24]
Originally Posted By StarCityShooter:

"LGBTQB1"
View Quote

lol

That guy smells like the biggest draft bust in history.
Link Posted: 3/27/2024 11:45:41 AM EDT
[#25]

lol

View All Quotes

"LGBTQB1"

lol

Link Posted: 3/27/2024 11:49:04 AM EDT
[#26]

lol

View Quote

They way they fucked over their last few QBs selected in the 1st round, the Bears deserve it. As do the Jets. Shitty organizations shouldn't be allowed to continue to draft and ruin the careers of QBs.
Link Posted: 3/27/2024 12:21:44 PM EDT
[Last Edit: David_ESM] [#27]
LSU Pro Day today. All 32 teams represented on site. Including Jerod Mayo, Brian Daboll, Antonio Pierce, Matt Eberflus, Dennis Allen and Dan Quinn.

Jayden Daniels and Malik Nabers being the stand out players.

Jayden is already scheduled to meet with the Patriots, Commanders, Vikings, Broncos and Raiders. He has not met with any teams prior to today yet.

Nabers showing off with a 42" vertical, a 10'9" broad jump, and a 4.35 40.

Edit: Compared to the combine results, that would be the 3rd best vertical, 6th best broad jump and 4th best 40 time for the 2024 WR prospects.
Link Posted: 3/27/2024 12:24:03 PM EDT
[#28]

lol

View All Quotes

"LGBTQB1"

lol

Yeah I wish the guy the best but something seems off with him. And being drafted by the Bears is a double whammy.
Link Posted: 3/27/2024 1:35:31 PM EDT
[#29]
Link Posted: 3/27/2024 1:36:32 PM EDT
[#30]

Daniels appears to be dealing with operation bursitis of his right throwing elbow.

This is an inflammation of the bursa, which is a sac that is usually empty and is there to protect the bone underneath. We have them in several joints including the elbow and the knee.

‘Banging’ your elbow against a hard surface often results in inflammation of the bursa, causing the body to fill it with fluid.

This is a protective mechanism to prevent fracturing the bone underneath.

These are VERY common, and more annoying than concerning.

As long as they are not infected.

These can be drained (aspirated) with a needle, but often these will fill back up. I’ve had good success with injecting PRP (plasma from the blood) to make these go away permanently.

For some people they are very stubborn.

These are quite an eye sore and look really funny as you can see with Jayden Daniels.

These usually do not have a negative impacts on the player/person. This should not impact his ability to throw or cause any pain. Literally just a visual oddity.

Link Posted: 3/27/2024 1:52:23 PM EDT
[#31]

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/GJsB7C3WYAEfUE7?format=jpg&name=medium

Daniels appears to be dealing with operation bursitis of his right throwing elbow.

This is an inflammation of the bursa, which is a sac that is usually empty and is there to protect the bone underneath. We have them in several joints including the elbow and the knee.

'Banging' your elbow against a hard surface often results in inflammation of the bursa, causing the body to fill it with fluid.

These can be drained (aspirated) with a needle, but often these will fill back up. I've had good success with injecting PRP (plasma from the blood) to make these go away permanently.

These are quite an eye sore and look really funny as you can see with Jayden Daniels.

These usually do not have a negative impacts on the player/person. This should not impact his ability to throw or cause any pain. Literally just a visual oddity.

View Quote
Going to have a short career.
Link Posted: 3/27/2024 1:57:27 PM EDT
[#32]

‘Banging’ your elbow against a hard surface often results in inflammation of the bursa, causing the body to fill it with fluid.

These can be drained (aspirated) with a needle, but often these will fill back up. I’ve had good success with injecting PRP (plasma from the blood) to make these go away permanently.

View Quote

That looks weird, sure that's not photoshopped?
Link Posted: 3/27/2024 1:57:57 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Notcalifornialegal] [#33]
Originally Posted By akcaribouhunter:
Going to have a short career.
View Quote

Legitimately would not be suprised if he drops out of the 1st round.

"Athletic" QB's don't have a great track record outside of Allen and Lamar.
Link Posted: 3/27/2024 2:13:51 PM EDT
[#34]

View Quote

What is up with that elbow.
Link Posted: 3/27/2024 2:14:49 PM EDT
[#35]
Originally Posted By FDC:

What is up with that elbow.
View Quote

It's got a hard on.
Link Posted: 3/27/2024 2:44:01 PM EDT
[#36]
If Giants draft a QB in first round, then release Daniels, how much of the $60 million will they have to eat?
Actually suspect they would keep Daniels this one year.
Link Posted: 3/27/2024 2:48:39 PM EDT
[#37]
Originally Posted By JThompson:
If Giants draft a QB in first round, then release Daniels, how much of the $60 million will they have to eat?
View Quote

If Daniel Jones were to be released pre-June, the Giants would have a negative cap savings of $22M (meaning his cap hit goes UP) this season with dead caps of $69M, $22M, and $11M for '24-26.

If Daniel Jones were to be released post-June, the Giants would have no change to the cap, but they'd incur dead cap hits of $47M, $11M, and $11M for '24-'26.

Link Posted: 3/27/2024 2:53:56 PM EDT
[#38]

If Daniel Jones were to be released pre-June, the Giants would have a negative cap savings of $22M (meaning his cap hit goes UP) this season with dead caps of $69M, $22M, and $11M for '24-26.

If Daniel Jones were to be released post-June, the Giants would have no change to the cap, but they'd incur dead cap hits of $47M, $11M, and $11M for '24-'26.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By JThompson:

Going a little further. Daniel's 2024 salary of $35.5M is fully guaranteed. He is getting paid that no matter what. So if they did release him (dumb) it would be just like Russell Wilson where the Broncos are basically paying him to play for the Steelers for free.
Link Posted: 3/27/2024 3:01:56 PM EDT
[Last Edit: David_ESM] [#39]
Via TMZ: Vince Young Knocked Out in Wild Bar Fight Video

Link with video in it: https://www.tmz.com/2024/03/26/vince-young-knock-out-bar-fight-video/

Vince Young was involved in a wild bar fight last month -- one that ended after he was socked in the face and seemingly knocked unconscious.

The fracas -- which went down inside Tokyo Joe's Shot Bar in Houston, Texas at around 9 PM on Feb. 4 -- was all captured on video, obtained by TMZ Sports.

In the footage, you can see Young -- wearing a white hat, black shirt and shorts -- and another man begin arguing with fellow bargoers ... when, suddenly, things turn physical.

It's basically just a lot of grabbing and pushing, no punches thrown or anything. Then about 1 minute into the grabbing and pushing he gets suckered and dropped with a single punch. Then the guy who hit him immediately bails out.
Link Posted: 3/27/2024 3:29:08 PM EDT
[#40]
That's UW, not the Commanders.
Link Posted: 3/27/2024 3:37:31 PM EDT
[#41]
View Quote

Yes I'm sure Steve is a fantasticly talented coach.

Real deep thinking individual here.

Link Posted: 3/27/2024 3:40:02 PM EDT
[#42]
View Quote

That's cold.
Link Posted: 3/27/2024 3:43:19 PM EDT
[#43]

lol

View All Quotes

"LGBTQB1"

lol

Gayleb Williams
Link Posted: 3/27/2024 4:03:23 PM EDT
[#44]

https://imgb.ifunny.co/images/e571a1b07d71df566bf21d3e22abdfc591b31f68ab918e21853eafafa8c433fe_1.jpg

https://i.redd.it/z2iwtlv4jbib1.jpg

https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRQtv5qLyESHM3a0DthnbZcSN5OoGbEzLWwIeQ2W6AGCQ&s

I think it's hard for us to remember how hard it can be to officiate football when we're sitting at home watching instant replays on 4k big screen TVs. In this game, when the ball is snapped, you have 22 guys running and fighting all over a big field, a lot of plays are mayhem, and there are things that need to be watched all over the field, even in places where the ball isn't. This doesn't excuse NFL refs for still struggling with PIs and "what is a catch?," but there's a lot of difficulty to the job.

Meanwhile, baseball is a relatively slow sport, the umps only have to watch a batter and maybe a couple of base runners, and they still struggle with stuff like whether or not the batter swung at a pitch. MUCH easier job, and they get it wrong.
View Quote

NFL officials used to go through a lengthy process of approval prior to becoming one in the nfl. Now it's a dei wonderland where feels mean more than competence. Add in the multiple stupid fucking rules added seemingly every year, and the games get shitty calls and ruined endings because the officials have too much shit to watch for.
Link Posted: 3/27/2024 4:15:21 PM EDT
[#45]

Link Posted: 3/27/2024 4:16:39 PM EDT
[#46]

View Quote

As productive as he was last year it's a suprise he hasn't earned more.
Link Posted: 3/27/2024 4:35:20 PM EDT
[#47]
View Quote

No mention of the strongest, longest and most Super Bowls dynasty?

Smart as he looks
Link Posted: 3/27/2024 4:41:29 PM EDT
[#48]
Originally Posted By Notcalifornialegal:

As productive as he was last year it's a suprise he hasn't earned more.
View Quote
Roller coaster career. Up and down, up and down.

Ravens were the only team willing to give him a shot last year after all his years of injuries and drama. A real cheap contract. And funnily enough, he played a full season for just the 2nd time in his 10 year career, and he played great. Got some incentives out of it.
Link Posted: 3/27/2024 4:48:52 PM EDT
[#49]
Originally Posted By MilHouse-556:

Gayleb Williams
View Quote

David Klingler
Jack Thompson
Akili Smith
Link Posted: 3/27/2024 5:59:08 PM EDT
[Last Edit: David_ESM] [#50]
Chiefs owner Clark Hunt, responding to the poor grade he received (F-) on the NFLPA 2nd Annual Player's Report Card, says he never promised the players a new locker room and that it was just a miscommunication.

"I have spoken to some of our veteran players about that, and they've confirmed to me that it was miscommunication. Certainly, I personally never said anything to them about a renovation of the locker room. It was a misunderstanding."

I'm sure this has nothing to do with Clark Hunt, and the Kansas City Royals, trying to extort the voters into approving the 3/8's cent sales tax initiative (vote next week) for another 50 years in order for them to commit to keeping the team local and updating the stadium and facilities.

Oh wait... It does.

"We're excited about the opportunity to extend (the stadium's lease) for 25 years. Arrowhead's been a great home. Even today, it's still one of the best stadiums in the NFL. We're very excited about the opportunity to modernize Arrowhead. If we're fortunate enough to have the vote pass, we'll turn our attention to the training facility."

If the vote passes, and they move forward with renovations, Hunt said the team's training facility could undergo a major renovation that would be completed by 2031, which is the last year of Mahomes' 12-year contract.

If voters don't approve an extension of the sales tax, Hunt said the Chiefs will consider alternative options, perhaps one that could lead the team to move to Kansas to build a new stadium and training facility.
Page / 42
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top