User Panel

Page / 8
Link Posted: 3/5/2024 1:43:19 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By ARmory04:

FFS
View Quote
For shits and grins I did a little googling. There was a Lt Col Whelan who committed suicide.

Andersen Airman Identified
Link Posted: 3/5/2024 1:48:43 PM EDT
[Last Edit: NoStockBikes] [#2]
Originally Posted By stpeteaustin:

Any of you have one at home?
View Quote

No, but I imagine the ticket to anything resembling happiness would be leaving them over there where they have their family network and visit frequently. Like if you were in the merchant marine or something. Pay for some of their shit so the entire family loves you and will beat her ass if she does anything to threaten the happy extended family home..

Bringing over has got to be a recipe for disaster.
Link Posted: 3/5/2024 1:50:17 PM EDT
[#3]
Originally Posted By subcomunic8r:

For shits and grins I did a little googling. There was a Lt Col Whelan who committed suicide.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By subcomunic8r:
Originally Posted By ARmory04:

FFS

Now that's wild.
Link Posted: 3/5/2024 2:00:06 PM EDT
[#4]
Originally Posted By DDiggler:
I think you'd want a FilipinA, not a FilipinO.

No judgment though
View Quote

Depends on is it is passable.
Link Posted: 3/5/2024 2:05:53 PM EDT
[#5]
Originally Posted By colklink:
I feel like mail order brides are discussed enough that they deserve their own sub forum.
View Quote

Second the motion and lots of pics !
Link Posted: 3/5/2024 2:17:26 PM EDT
[#6]
Originally Posted By stpeteaustin:
So I now know two people that are trying to bring over "the love of their lives" from the Philippines. These guys are just nuts, they are in their fifties and these girls are in their early 20's.  The one guy was telling me all about his girl and he got pissed when I asked him how many other guys like him did, she have in the states. This was right after he told me that he sends her money to help with her bills.

The funny part is that we all know a guy from work who brought one over about five years ago. He would go to work, she would go to the mall and spend his money and half the crap she bought she sent back "home". That lasted three years and she hauled ass.

Any of you have one at home?
View Quote

Importing one is a very bad idea. But if you must import one, do not marry her.

Import her as a maid. I know there is such a program because I see Filipina nannies here all the time.

So import her as a nanny and dangle the prospect of marriage in front of her. Do so in the same way that you might tempt a mule with a carrot.

Your new nanny/maid/girlfriend will be on her best behavior and after a year or so you can send her home.

This is cruel and manipulative but hey, women use sex to manipulate men all the time.
Link Posted: 3/5/2024 2:20:05 PM EDT
[#7]
Guys that do that are mentally ill.
Link Posted: 3/5/2024 2:23:35 PM EDT
[#8]
Originally Posted By Pointman91:

Second the motion and lots of pics !
View Quote

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 3/5/2024 2:30:30 PM EDT
[#9]
They usually leave after three years, which is when they get their permanent residency.
Link Posted: 3/5/2024 2:33:40 PM EDT
[#10]
Originally Posted By Mannlicher:
View Quote
Or in the Navy.
Link Posted: 3/5/2024 2:34:09 PM EDT
[#11]
One of my teammates after three failed divorces, got a Russian mail order bride…

He comes home from another deployment, wait for it discovers that she has purchased three houses, set up a rental business, uses that money to get into commercial real estate, meanwhile also gets herself an MBA.

Fast-forward 10 years, she tells him to quit his job and stay at home and build a man cave.

14 years later, they’re still married, and she’s a hell of a woman.  She also has kept her looks, and all her children are fluent in Russian.

I’m sure this is an exception to the rule, but we have our reunions. We all laugh about the adventures of Svetlana.
Link Posted: 3/5/2024 2:44:12 PM EDT
[#12]
Originally Posted By 18B30:
One of my teammates after three failed divorces, got a Russian mail order bride…

He comes home from another deployment, wait for it discovers that she has purchased three houses, set up a rental business, uses that money to get into commercial real estate, meanwhile also gets herself an MBA.

Fast-forward 10 years, she tells him to quit his job and stay at home and build a man cave.

14 years later, they’re still married, and she’s a hell of a woman.  She also has kept her looks, and all her children are fluent in Russian.

I’m sure this is an exception to the rule, but we have our reunions. We all laugh about the adventures of Svetlana.
View Quote

The story as I remember the females name was Anastasia.
Link Posted: 3/5/2024 2:47:52 PM EDT
[#13]
Rule #1 if you are fat and ugly it usually doesnt work out. Nobody wants to fuck fat and or ugly people.
Rule#2 know the culture. You dont marry a woman from Asia, you marry here family.
Rule#3 see rule #1
Link Posted: 3/5/2024 2:51:09 PM EDT
[#14]
Originally Posted By Quiganomics:
My ex girlfriend from my high school years' dad brought over and married a Filipino chick. Sounded like she was after just money, he ended up shooting and killing her in the parking lot where she worked and then turn the gun on himself.

Link to story.
View Quote

B’gosh
Link Posted: 3/5/2024 2:56:15 PM EDT
[#15]
Originally Posted By ClayHollisterTT:

B’gosh
View Quote

Men are not women he probably tried to save the assets for his daughter which took a very hard decision.
Link Posted: 3/5/2024 2:57:10 PM EDT
[#16]
I guarantee you don't want a philipino bride.
Link Posted: 3/5/2024 2:57:58 PM EDT
[#17]
There's a tv show about this, more than one I think. Tells you all you need to know about these arrangements.
Link Posted: 3/5/2024 3:01:37 PM EDT
[#18]
Lol at otherwise incapable men who need a subservient woman who is basically a living sex doll.

You literally cannot have a meaningful relationship with someone who doesn’t speak but a fraction of your language, and anyone who thinks the motives on EITHER side are pure has another thing coming.
Link Posted: 3/5/2024 3:02:37 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Bogdan] [#19]
Originally Posted By Pair_of_ACES:
Lol at otherwise incapable men who need a subservient woman who is basically a living sex doll.

You literally cannot have a meaningful relationship with someone who doesn’t speak but a fraction of your language, and anyone who thinks the motives on EITHER side are pure has another thing coming.
View Quote

Its not about language, it is about values.
In Eastern Europe many women understand that they need to get a husband that they need not the one they want.
Link Posted: 3/5/2024 3:04:11 PM EDT
[#20]
I worked with guy who brought one over. He was in his 30’s. She was a couple years younger. He would go visit her. He finally moved her here and married her. It’s been about 3 years and all seems well. How long that will last shall be seen. He’s certainly not a player so I hope she doesn’t burn him.
Link Posted: 3/5/2024 3:06:10 PM EDT
[#21]
Originally Posted By Mannlicher:
View Quote

Maybe they’re not into septum piercings, horrible tattoos and morbid obesity? Slim pickings in America these days.

Don’t bring them over here though. They blow up just like our domestic cattle. I seent it.
Link Posted: 3/5/2024 3:10:20 PM EDT
[#22]
My fiancée is Brazilian, and I met her on an online dating site. I wouldn't count her as a "mail order bride", though. She's 41 now (I'm 47) and she has a 10 year old son. I just got home on Friday from spending 10 weeks there with her. Last year, she came here to visit for three weeks, and last February, I went down to meet and visit her for the first time, and I was there for 5 weeks.

It's working out great. She's smart, she's thrifty, doesn't like me spending much money on her. When she came here, she wanted to go to Dollar Tree, Ross, TJ Maxx... all the discount places.

By the time her visa is issued and she comes here, we will have known each other for 2 years. I'm pretty sure if she were a gold digger, some red flags would have popped up by now. So far not a single one.
Link Posted: 3/5/2024 3:23:46 PM EDT
[#23]
Originally Posted By st0newall:
something to ponder:

One of the requirements the U.S. imposes on a resident who seeks to sponsor a foreign spouse is an affidavit of support. Filing such a document imposes a 10-year liability on the sponsor for certain types of government-based financial assistance that the foreign spouse - and the spouse’s children - may access in the future.
View Quote

We are about that when a person brings another person in, but not when they just walk in through the open border I guess.
Link Posted: 3/5/2024 3:24:01 PM EDT
[#24]
Originally Posted By kc-coyote:
Waiting for the guy to post about his Palau princess.  He literally cuts and pastes it into any thread relating to mail order brides.
View Quote

LMFAO....nailed it

But in my case married the Princess of Ngaraard, Palau....Ulimang Clan....bitch tried poisoning me off when I found out the 13yr old daughter wasnt mine.....

Crazy slut was just trying to protect her political status in her country.

Palau Supreme Court Case CA15-009....I got the entire Palau Council of Chief’s to strip that bitches Queen status....case pending.

Both the mother in law...former Queen and her Brother the Clan Chief...dropped fukn dead....kinda sent US Federal Agents after them....try poisoning me off you fuckers

Her Uncle was Elias Camsek Chin....Palau Senate President....killed his fuckin career....when Colonel Whelan of the 36th Mission Support Group on Guam killed himself when his wife wanted a divorce after she found out he was fuckin my wife.....

Crazy fukn brown skinned people
Link Posted: 3/5/2024 3:29:08 PM EDT
[#25]

View Quote

You do realize English is an official language of The Phillippines right?
Link Posted: 3/5/2024 3:31:34 PM EDT
[#26]

View Quote

Maybe its not a switch but a rheostat? You know some one who shares same goals and values? Maybe I dont want a cluster B personality borderline shitshow ruin the rest of my life and ruin the life of my children?
Link Posted: 3/5/2024 3:33:17 PM EDT
[#27]
Also again it comes down to what you want and what you need. I love them midwest corn fed cow girls. But that rural life is not for me and quite frankly I could't handle it. Know the difference between what you want and what you need.
Link Posted: 3/5/2024 3:36:08 PM EDT
[#28]
If you are over 50 and feel the idiotic need to marry someone half your age let me give you a bit of advice.

Get a dog for company and a prostitute for sex.
Link Posted: 3/5/2024 3:38:19 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Paul] [#29]
My wife is from Thailand.

We married back in 1987.

She weighed 92 pounds when I married her.

37 years later we're still married.

She weighs 96 pounds now.

I think there's been meaning in our lives.

She's not "Westernized" and still chats weekly with the folks in her village.

#TradWifeLife  

Link Posted: 3/5/2024 3:40:04 PM EDT
[#30]
Originally Posted By GySgt_D:
They usually leave after three years, which is when they get their permanent residency.
View Quote

A friend of mine in his 60s about a fifteen years ago brought over the most stunning woman in her 20s I've ever seen. She took off after a couple years so he went and brought over another one. She's young and smoking hot too. The've been married 10 or so years now and seem quite happy together.
Link Posted: 3/5/2024 3:40:23 PM EDT
[#31]
Originally Posted By jb31:We are about that when a person brings another person in, but not when they just walk in through the open border I guess.
View Quote

Yes and I had to prove to Immigration authorities that I was likely to continue to provide into the future.

IIRC they wanted to see 200% of the poverty level or something ... I was in the military and got treated pretty well by Immigration.
Link Posted: 3/5/2024 3:41:23 PM EDT
[#32]
It never works when you bring them back to the states, they get Westernized real quickly. It seems to work when you move over there and adopt their culture. Your dollar goes much further over there too. A win win if you work remotely.
Link Posted: 3/5/2024 3:41:30 PM EDT
[#33]
Originally Posted By Bushamster21:You do realize English is an official language of The Phillippines right?
View Quote

There are more English speakers in The Philippines than in England.
Link Posted: 3/5/2024 3:45:01 PM EDT
[#34]
Originally Posted By Paul:
My wife is from Thailand.

We married back in 1987.

She weighed 92 pounds when I married her.

37 years later we're still married.

She weighs 96 pounds now.

I think there's been meaning in our lives.

#TradWifeLife  

View Quote

My wife is from Taiwan. We met here over 10 years ago.
She was about 99 pounds when I met her, now she's up to 107.
Been happily married for 6 years now, she got her CPA license and has been working ever since.
She's 16 years younger than me and takes good care of me. Life is good.
Link Posted: 3/5/2024 3:51:44 PM EDT
[#35]
tag for the stories.
Link Posted: 3/5/2024 3:57:57 PM EDT
[#36]

View Quote

Lol. People who talk like this are usually married to an obese white liberal woman who also wears the pants in their relationship.
Link Posted: 3/5/2024 4:00:19 PM EDT
[Last Edit: MADMAXXX] [#37]
"The average American woman of 20 years of age and up weighs 170.8 pounds (lbs)"
My Thai lady friend weighs less than 105 pounds.
Bringing a foreign lady back to the USA often has difficulties as many are extremely family oriented and living far away from their family often means you better have money for frequent return visits.
Also they will have a hard time finding food that they are used to using for cooking at our grocery stores.

Link Posted: 3/5/2024 4:06:30 PM EDT
[#38]
Guy at work just retired and headed to Thailand where he has a girlfriend he had made big plans to move there after retirement had sent her money to buy land so they could get married and build a house he had been going over once a year for a couple years and "seeing after things" well he called in on Jan 1 and retired no warning no nothing and took off to Thailand well he's back now no girlfriend no land no nothing she had faked everything
Link Posted: 3/5/2024 4:10:00 PM EDT
[#39]
Originally Posted By jdessell:
It never works when you bring them back to the states, they get Westernized real quickly. It seems to work when you move over there and adopt their culture. Your dollar goes much further over there too. A win win if you work remotely.
View Quote

You can’t make that blanket statement. I know at least 4 guys very well that took their Thai brides home and have done very well and very happy.  I have 2 friends long time married to Thais that relocated to Thailand and happy as they could be.   I am married to Thai 10 years now with 3 kids.  I am little different as I have worked in 3 different countries now and take family with me.

It is always going to come down to the 2 individuals being compatible and having same goals, like any marriage.   If either of those is off it is a hard time foreign bride or American.
Link Posted: 3/5/2024 4:12:03 PM EDT
[#40]
Originally Posted By 1bamashooter:
Guy at work just retired and headed to Thailand where he has a girlfriend he had made big plans to move there after retirement had sent her money to buy land so they could get married and build a house he had been going over once a year for a couple years and "seeing after things" well he called in on Jan 1 and retired no warning no nothing and took off to Thailand well he's back now no girlfriend no land no nothing she had faked everything
View Quote

Damn that had to sting…
Link Posted: 3/5/2024 4:16:47 PM EDT
[#41]
I worked in the O&G industry and lived in Malaysia for a while and in the Philippines for a coupe of years as well as traveling around Asia during that time.  Suffice to say some of the stories can be pretty wild.  There are most definitely some good women out there, but more often than not the man is going to be the one getting the shaft in the end.  Same with Eastern European women, and I'd much rather take my chances with a Filipina than any of them.  As noted, they're typically a package deal where you get the whole family (Filipinos in general are typically very loyal to their families and will be sending balikbayan boxes home).  We all tried to warn my ex's brother than his hot Latvian fiance was just looking for a green card- three years later he comes home and she hadn't even bothered to send her Latvian boyfriend home, they were still in bed together when she told him she wanted a divorce.  He was still responsible for her as long as she didn't get married.  No idea how all of that mess ended.
Link Posted: 3/5/2024 4:32:29 PM EDT
[#42]
Originally Posted By DDiggler:
I think you'd want a FilipinA, not a FilipinO.

No judgment though
View Quote

THIS.
Link Posted: 3/5/2024 4:33:58 PM EDT
[#43]
The recurring theme seems to be a large age difference.  I've done a little window shopping online and there's lots of mid to late thirties women available. That looks to me like a safer bet for a middle aged guy.
Link Posted: 3/5/2024 4:41:10 PM EDT
[#44]
Seems like a better tactic would just be to buy a house in the PI and live there on and off.
Link Posted: 3/5/2024 4:41:48 PM EDT
[#45]
Originally Posted By Bogdan:

Men are not women he probably tried to save the assets for his daughter which took a very hard decision.
View Quote
His entire estate went to her family due to the circumstances.
Link Posted: 3/5/2024 4:44:13 PM EDT
[#46]
Originally Posted By st0newall:
something to ponder:

One of the requirements the U.S. imposes on a resident who seeks to sponsor a foreign spouse is an affidavit of support. Filing such a document imposes a 10-year liability on the sponsor for certain types of government-based financial assistance that the foreign spouse - and the spouse’s children - may access in the future.
View Quote

Can you even imagine having such a clause enforced against you in today year America?  I mean if there was ever an event I can imagine spawning a killdozer moment for me that has to be up there.
Link Posted: 3/5/2024 4:47:36 PM EDT
[#47]

Go there, don't bring them here.

That being said, I have seen plenty of successful imports and plenty of disasters.

Link Posted: 3/5/2024 4:51:05 PM EDT
[#48]
Originally Posted By Quiganomics:
His entire estate went to her family due to the circumstances.
View Quote

To daughter?
Link Posted: 3/5/2024 4:57:05 PM EDT
[#49]
Originally Posted By 1bamashooter:
View Quote

He’s a dumb ass
Link Posted: 3/5/2024 5:02:57 PM EDT
[#50]
Originally Posted By 2JokersWild:
No link?! This thread sucks OP
View Quote

Truth!

How does one order one of these 20 something Filipina chicks…
Page / 8
Top Top