User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 3
Link Posted: 9/4/2004 7:37:05 AM EDT
[#1]
<Slur Removed.  Do you really want to start this over again??>
Link Posted: 9/4/2004 7:47:36 AM EDT
[#2]
I love this site. Once I reach 200 posts I will buy a team membership.

I would like to know what she was banned for, if for nothing else than I would know what not to say. Most of here posts that I read did not seem very trollish. I did see a lot of malice from members on the board towards her, he or what ever the hell it is. I have come to beleive that when posting on a message borad, list server, or writing an email things are always assumed to be done with hatred and a desire to cause some sort of harm. Most of this comes from the fact that unlike verbal communication you can't see the slight inflections and subtleness in what is said. So I would like to say , "Lighten up Frances.."

But I do respect the fact that the mods and the Alvia's have a standard to hold and this place is not a republic it is a monarchy. The Alvia's and mods word is final and we are at there mercy. And overall the Alvia's and Mods are merciful and let us have are way most of the time. So watch your P's and Q's and try not to kick up shit.
Link Posted: 9/4/2004 7:54:08 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
<Slur Removed.  Do you really want to start this over again??>

Sigh.................
Link Posted: 9/4/2004 7:54:25 AM EDT
[#4]
So if you do a roll call, how many members (not just Team members) will report in?
How many of the 50+k "accounts" are troll accounts, expired accounts, etc?
I still call BS.

oh - and if that were true, then the DFW/TEXAS crew should be able to have over 1000 members EASILY!
Link Posted: 9/4/2004 7:56:02 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 9/4/2004 7:57:11 AM EDT
[#6]
Aw, man, she was banned? That's too bad. She was hot.
Link Posted: 9/4/2004 7:57:22 AM EDT
[#7]
The thng that I found interesting was that you had Staff Members and Mods saying different things in one of the "Muslims must die" threads.  You want to operate with a heavy hand, that's fine...but at least do it consistantly.
Link Posted: 9/4/2004 7:58:50 AM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 9/4/2004 8:04:06 AM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 9/4/2004 8:04:20 AM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 9/4/2004 8:06:23 AM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 9/4/2004 8:08:48 AM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 9/4/2004 8:25:49 AM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 9/4/2004 8:50:26 AM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 9/4/2004 8:55:26 AM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

Quoted:
I kinda liked the girl...she reminded me of the future Ex-Miz Hun....

In Bizzaro World !

Eric The(TolerablyTolerant)Hun

Can I be the future Ex-Miz Hun if I dye my hair purple for a bit?  Does it have to be permanent?  Or is the temp-spray color enough?  What is the typical financial settlement severance package for an Ex-Miz Hun?  This could be a rich deal!

You would also likely need one of those heavy gauge lip studs, you know, the ones the size of a ship's anchor? LOL.
Link Posted: 9/4/2004 8:56:44 AM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 9/4/2004 8:58:38 AM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 9/4/2004 9:00:04 AM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

Quoted:

In Bizzaro World !

Can I be the future Ex-Miz Hun if I dye my hair purple for a bit?  Does it have to be permanent?  Or is the temp-spray color enough?  What is the typical financial settlement severance package for an Ex-Miz Hun?  This could be a rich deal!

What no pic's...?
Link Posted: 9/4/2004 9:03:46 AM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

In Bizzaro World !

You would also likely need one of those heavy gauge lip studs, you know, the ones the size of a ship's anchor? LOL.

Can it be a clip on?

Sure! Preferably in fact.

BTW, since we are on the topic of jewelry, the most attractive jewelry (and elegant) I can think of is a belt of 7.62mm draped across the chest. There's just something about brass, copper and lead that gets my attention. I suppose waiting for a woman who shares those same tastes in "jewelry" explains why I am still single huh?
Link Posted: 9/4/2004 9:08:37 AM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 9/4/2004 9:15:08 AM EDT
[#21]
Link Posted: 9/4/2004 9:15:24 AM EDT
[#22]
Link Posted: 9/4/2004 9:16:43 AM EDT
[#23]
Link Posted: 9/4/2004 9:17:41 AM EDT
[#24]
I'm just happy to be here with people that can relate to my obsession.
Link Posted: 9/4/2004 9:19:26 AM EDT
[#25]
Link Posted: 9/4/2004 9:23:51 AM EDT
[#26]
Link Posted: 9/4/2004 9:29:32 AM EDT
[#27]
Link Posted: 9/4/2004 9:58:08 AM EDT
[#28]
Link Posted: 9/4/2004 10:02:23 AM EDT
[#29]
Link Posted: 9/4/2004 10:05:17 AM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:
Most attention whores don't last long around here.

Fixed it for ya.
Link Posted: 9/4/2004 10:06:45 AM EDT
[#31]
Link Posted: 9/4/2004 10:34:50 AM EDT
[#32]
Great, this thread is getting all mushy.  I think I'll go for a run.
Link Posted: 9/4/2004 10:39:14 AM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:
Well I'm not speaking for anybody but myself... But here goes.  You are owed no explanation.  Nobody needs to justify anything to you.  And whether you like it or not, I could care less.  The staff and mods... especially the GD mods... are given a heavy load to carry around here, and they are entrusted by the Avilas to ensure that the principles of this board are upheld.  This is more than a sandbox for you to play in, it is a gathering place for nearly 60,000 people interested in firearms.  There are major corporations that support the site financially and whose corporate image is on the line.  So if the board's staff and mods choose to stop certain conversation and discourse that can imperil the site, its sponsors and all the Avilas have worked for... so be it.

Hey Mike, you're great and all, but take your nose out of Juan and Ed's asses.  You don't get bonus points for "longest time spent with brown nose."
Link Posted: 9/4/2004 10:43:01 AM EDT
[#34]
Link Posted: 9/4/2004 10:48:12 AM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Come on guys...

COC prohibits 'trolling'.

Alot MORE people COULD be banned *if* this board was run by a bunch of DU JBMs - IF they took that perticular line to extremes...

Most of the time, all that's done is alot of '' and 'IBTL' posts, and an occasional thread lock...

However, it's been my observation that if you go to lengths to torment the Staff, you will eventually get the boot...

See Imbroglio, McUZI, etc...

Necromancer was just very BAD at it, to the point of not even being amusing...

Rules are pointless if not enforced, however they can also kill a site if OVER enforced... The balance here is just about right...

It's not libertarianparadise.com, it's AR-15.com. There has never been any illusion that you have the right to do whatever the hell you want here, the rules are clearly posted, you live by them or eventually you get removed...

TROLLING ---------- has become to mean a different opinion around here of late. JMO

Trolling, has allways been posting a 'different' opinion you KNOW the majority disagrees with, backing it up with bullshit evidence ala Mikey Moore (say, from CAPITOLHILLBLUE.COM), for the specific purpose of starting a virtual fight...

A different opinion in and of itself is not considered trolling... If that were the case, I'd be called a for my 'dissenting' opinion on the whole WOT/Islam issue (eg that it's not a religeous thing, at the core, and all this pork-fixated, we-only-win-when-we-kill-them-all crap would cause us to LOOSE if we tried to attempt it)... But I'm not (so far)...

Composing your own mini-version of 'Farenheit 911' for a topic, complete with unreliable sources, selectively edited statements, and such is trolling in the classic sense... You of all people should know...
Link Posted: 9/4/2004 11:23:29 AM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:
I believe she advocated killing all muslims...

The "final straw" comment of hers is quoted in the very first post of this thread.

Link Posted: 9/4/2004 12:11:58 PM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Death to all extremists!

Sister, I'll second that!

What type of extremist?

I am a 2nd Amendment Extremist, for that matter a Constitutional Extremist. I am non violent but I am extreme about it. do you want me to die. How about folks that are extremist about football, soccer. A big portion of the world are soccer extremists, they go nuts for it.

Or did you mean a specific type of extremist, one that follows a certian religon? I am not trying to troll or anything but lets get real. We know what "extremists" mean and it isn't the general extremist you are worried about here.

I think that is what frustrates people here. It is partially a Poltical Correctness issue. Not the aspect of G-cide but the shunning we get for expressing our displeasure with the Islamic Culture. We all know that there will never be G-cide or even a near G-cide situation. We, the USA, doesn't even have the balls to go after "The Terrorists" with apropreate force, let alone excessive force.

And that is part of why people are calling for extreme measures, because we are currently using kid gloves on "The Terrorists" and insurgents in Iraq. If the US truly unleashed it's military might on all nations that harbor "The Terrorists" in  any way this would be over quick.

But we would have to take out "The Terrorists" and those that activly and passivly support them. We couldn't just kill Johnny Jihad and the guy who raises funds for him. But also the family that allows him to hide his bomb factory in there house. Yeah the family would die, but if you didn't get them you would have them take the place of Johhny Jihad.

JMHO

Link Posted: 9/4/2004 12:14:12 PM EDT
[#38]
Link Posted: 9/4/2004 12:14:20 PM EDT
[#39]
Link Posted: 9/4/2004 12:18:06 PM EDT
[#40]
Link Posted: 9/4/2004 12:24:12 PM EDT
[#41]
Link Posted: 9/4/2004 12:29:16 PM EDT
[#42]

Quoted:
Hey Greg, I like you and all... you're a great kid...  maybe one day you'll learn that its not about kissing anybody's ass... its about making sure the Avilas' pride and honor are not impugned by others.

Quoted by HiramRanger "Take your sanctimonious and indignant attitude and shove it."
Nice post Hiram. I bet that comment made Avila's pride and honor of this website increase coming from a MOD.

Link Posted: 9/4/2004 12:31:11 PM EDT
[#43]

Quoted:

Quoted:
If she was banished for that, 90% of us would have been banned by now.

Thinking it and saying it are 2 different things.

BigDozer66

Hell, the only reason most don't say it here is because of all the wailing and PC locking of threads and accounts.
Link Posted: 9/4/2004 12:33:28 PM EDT
[#44]

Quoted:
Well I'm not speaking for anybody but myself... But here goes.  You are owed no explanation.  Nobody needs to justify anything to you.  And whether you like it or not, I could care less.  

So, paying members are owed no explanation nor justification for the actions of the mods.  Sounds like a little power is going to some heads.

And, it would be "I could NOT care less".
Link Posted: 9/4/2004 12:40:56 PM EDT
[#45]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
Tat, bring popsicle sticks and surgical tape if you want to engage in marital relations on the honeymoon...

Marital relations?  Was that in the contract?  Can we honeymoon in the Green Zone?

Read the small print. It's very descriptive.....

Eric The(NewHeirsAreAlwaysWelcome)Hun

So if you two hook up and have kidlets, are they automatically mods? Is this whole mod/staff thing one giant twisted tangled web of despotic unbridled raging nepotism?

(and if so, are there any available babe mods to get into "the family"? *cueing Godfather music*)
Link Posted: 9/4/2004 12:48:26 PM EDT
[#46]
Link Posted: 9/4/2004 1:15:27 PM EDT
[#47]
Link Posted: 9/4/2004 2:02:33 PM EDT
[#48]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
If she was banished for that, 90% of us would have been banned by now.

Thinking it and saying it are 2 different things.

BigDozer66

Hell, the only reason most don't say it here is because of all the wailing and PC locking of threads and accounts.

That would be the truth probably but we will never know for sure.

BigDozer66
Link Posted: 9/4/2004 2:51:23 PM EDT
[#49]

Quoted:
She got banned for putting the evil eye on our members.

[bluesman]She sprinkled goober dust 'all round mah bed[/bluesman]
Link Posted: 9/4/2004 2:55:30 PM EDT
[#50]

Quoted:
Get a life.

Lumpy196

Active Stats
Posts Per Day ::
Last Login Date ::
9/4/2004 5:52:25 PM
Last Post Date ::
9/4/2004 6:45:34 PM

I'm just as bad, but
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top