User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 9/3/2004 6:11:37 PM EDT
[#1]
check out the Dealy cam
www.earthcam.com/jfk/

EarthCam brings you the Dealey Plaza Cam - the ONLY LIVE view available in the world from the Sniper's Perch. EarthCam's live webcam gives you an exclusive view from the sixth floor window of the former Texas School Book Depository in Dallas, Texas.

In cooperation with The Sixth Floor Museum at Dealey Plaza, EarthCam has positioned an Internet camera in the southeast window on the sixth floor of the former Texas School Book Depository in Dallas, where an assassin is alleged to have fired the shots that killed President John F. Kennedy and severely wounded Texas Governor John Connally as the presidential motorcade passed through Dealey Plaza on November 22, 1963.

The sixth floor corner window area is currently in a glass enclosed display designed to recreate the so-called "sniper's perch". Inaccessible to museum visitors, Earthcam provides Internet users the ONLY live view available in the world from this vantage point. For an introduction to the various landmarks visible from our Dealey Plaza Cam, take a look at our viewer's guide.

Link Posted: 9/3/2004 6:12:55 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Actually your link doesn't prove anything. It's junk science promoted by nutjobs.

My link points to a DVD for sale. Who are these nutjobs you speak of?

The ones who wrote and produced your DVD.

Numerous individuals have changed their stories over the years to fit or promote any conspiracy theory du jour for the sole purpose of monetary gain. There's been no effort on their part to present the truth. To do so would bust the conspiracy theorists' rice bowl.
Link Posted: 9/3/2004 6:17:46 PM EDT
[#3]
There was a very good show on in the last year with a guy shooting a POS scoped carcano from a tower.  He did it over and over again with the only problem being missfires.
Link Posted: 9/3/2004 6:29:27 PM EDT
[#4]
Good for you! Hathcock said the military snipers brought in to replicate the assasination couldn't do it.
I said 'replicate' not shoot at a target that you know everything about.
I think I'll take his word for it.
Link Posted: 9/3/2004 6:31:35 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
Good for you! Hathcock said the military snipers brought in to replicate the assasination couldn't do it.

Not true. Quit reading shit from the John Birch Society.
Link Posted: 9/3/2004 6:32:41 PM EDT
[#6]
That explosive head shot doesn't seem to fit the bill of a  a FMJ, 6.5mm bullet. Looks more like a higher velocity frangible, or soft point bullet.
Link Posted: 9/3/2004 6:33:10 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
the shots are very do-able........

that said, I still think oswald did not act alone, there's too much evidence, albeit circumstancial, that there was indeed, a conspiracy

And all the circumstantial evidence is bogus.  

Oswald acted alone, anyone who looks at all the evidence and thinks otherwise is looney
Link Posted: 9/3/2004 6:34:49 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
ahh... but could you have done it with a POS scoped carcano?

That particular POS carcano was examined by experts and found to be fairly accurate.  Could it group under 1 MOA, probably not.  Could it be accurate enough to hit JFK twice out of three shots at less than 200 feet (77 yards was the longest shot Oswald fired), most definatly
Link Posted: 9/3/2004 6:35:06 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
That explosive head shot doesn't seem to fit the bill of a  a FMJ, 6.5mm bullet. Looks more like a higher velocity frangible, or soft point bullet.

all photos including autopsy i pasted on page 2
Link Posted: 9/3/2004 6:35:49 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
No one has ever been able to duplicate it with the same type rifle that Oswald supposedly used.

I've read a lot about this and my theory is that Oswald was one of three that were shooting and Oswald didn't hit crap. Also believe that the assassins were suppose to take Oswald out when the secret service fired back...which they didn't do, hence his being shot by Ruby later on.

From all that I have read, there was the guy not only on the grassy knoll, but another guy in another building to the left of Oswald's position.

All in all, we'll never know what really happened or who did it but it's topic that will probably never die.

Army shooters replicated the shots, with the exact same rifle.  Three shooters fired three sets at equal distances, and all three shooters did it in the time Oswald took.  One shooter even did it using iron sights.
Link Posted: 9/3/2004 6:40:32 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Quoted:

If oswald acted alone, shooting from behind the motorcade, why does the zapruder film show the president's head moving {kevin costner on} back and to the left, back and to the left {keving costner off}????

That's my beef. Why is the back of JFKs head blown off if the shot was from behind? Answer: No fookin way that shot came from the book depository.

Was the Back of Kennedy’s head Really Blown Out?

See for yourself what the Zapruder film shows.  mcadams.posc.mu.edu/z335.jpg  Of course, conspiracy buffs are increasingly insisting that the Zapruder film has been tampered with (this is after 30 years of insisting that it is ironclad evidence of conspiracy). Then, you might ask, how do the Dealey Plaza witnesses describe the head wound. Take a look at how Zapruder described the wound to Jay Watson of WFAA-TV shortly after the assassination, mcadams.posc.mu.edu/zap.gif and read how the wound was described by Marilyn Sitzman, who was standing next to Zapruder.mcadams.posc.mu.edu/sitzman.txt

Finally, look at this picture and tell me the back of his head was blown out
mcadams.posc.mu.edu/back.jpg
Link Posted: 9/3/2004 6:41:43 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

If oswald acted alone, shooting from behind the motorcade, why does the zapruder film show the president's head moving {kevin costner on} back and to the left, back and to the left {keving costner off}????

That's my beef. Why is the back of JFKs head blown off if the shot was from behind? Answer: No fookin way that shot came from the book depository.

That and the magic bullet theory where a single round made multiple 90 degree turns.

Read this whole page, than tell us what you think

The Single Bullet Theory
Link Posted: 9/3/2004 6:42:04 PM EDT
[#13]
For a while, I thought I did it. But now I think it was Oswald all alone.
Link Posted: 9/3/2004 6:45:49 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

See for yourself what the Zapruder film shows.  mcadams.posc.mu.edu/z335.jpg  Of course, conspiracy buffs are increasingly insisting that the Zapruder film has been tampered with (this is after 30 years of insisting that it is ironclad evidence of conspiracy). Then, you might ask, how do the Dealey Plaza witnesses describe the head wound. Take a look at how Zapruder described the wound to Jay Watson of WFAA-TV shortly after the assassination, mcadams.posc.mu.edu/zap.gif and read how the wound was described by Marilyn Sitzman, who was standing next to Zapruder.mcadams.posc.mu.edu/sitzman.txt

Link Posted: 9/3/2004 6:46:14 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
in ref to the magic bullet - that was explained in a history or discovery channel documentary. everyone has always assumed that the car they were in was a normal car.  in the documentary they pointed out  that Gov Connelly was sitting on a small jump set that was aligned more towards the center of the car than towards the door. If that was indeed the case then the angle of the shot lines up perfectly.

Photo of Limo showing exactly what JoeTexas explained

Another one
Link Posted: 9/3/2004 6:48:03 PM EDT
[#16]
If Oswald would have used a Mauser or an Enfield, I would believe it.
As he was suppose to use a Carcano, I don't believe it.
Carcano's, everyone I've ever seen, and I've seen alot of them, are a slight step
above a French MAS for being crude and crappy.
Link Posted: 9/3/2004 6:48:45 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

Not true

Man, that's sad news.  You realize you are saying that Carlos Hathcock couldn't make the shot at less than 100 meters (77 meters to be exact) with a scoped rifle.

I call B.S. on that one.  
Link Posted: 9/3/2004 6:49:54 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:
If Oswald would have used a Mauser or an Enfield, I would believe it.
As he was suppose to use a Carcano, I don't believe it.
Carcano's, everyone I've ever seen, and I've seen alot of them, are a slight step
above a French MAS for being crude and crappy.

Ronald Simmons, of the Army's Ballistics Research Laboratory, bench tested Oswald's rifle for the Warren Commission, and found the dispersion to be .29 mils — a figure typical for high-powered rifles — and described it as "quite accurate" (3H442-443).
Link Posted: 9/3/2004 6:51:08 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

www.jfklancer.com/photos/Autopsy_photos/jfk03.jpg

Was this after the autopsy?  Mine was before, and it's obvious the back of the head is intact, every witness describes the wound as hitting the side of the head, right above his ear.  

Link Posted: 9/3/2004 6:57:38 PM EDT
[#20]
I went to Dealey Plaza a few years ago when I was in Dallas. I stood on top of the plinth that Zapruder did during his filming and took some panoramas of my own. I was surprised that the distance from the 6th floor window to the X on the pavement was closer than I expected.

I asked this guy who was there if he wouldn't mind taking my picture while I was standing on the X, and if he thought it would be too distasteful.

"Yep, that would be mighty distasteful to take that picture, and I would be mighty proud to take it for you."

Link Posted: 9/3/2004 7:00:51 PM EDT
[#21]
Sorry to disappoint you but I didn't get it from the John Birch society. Didn’t get it from any conspiracy nuts or sights either.
Never even heard that anyone spoke of it outside a very small group of people.
Link Posted: 9/3/2004 7:05:58 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:
Sorry to disappoint you but I didn't get it from the John Birch society. Didn’t get it from any conspiracy nuts or sights either.
Never even heard that anyone spoke of it outside a very small group of people.

A small group called conspiracy nutjobs. Sorry, the forensics and actual evidence does not support your "thinking."
Link Posted: 9/3/2004 9:35:28 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

www.jfklancer.com/photos/Autopsy_photos/jfk03.jpg

Was this after the autopsy?  Mine was before, and it's obvious the back of the head is intact, every witness describes the wound as hitting the side of the head, right above his ear.  

Don't know, here is a color version:

(Oh, and the comment added to the above graphic was already there, I didn't do that)

Link Posted: 9/3/2004 10:00:39 PM EDT
[#24]
Everybody here can CLAIM to be able to make that shot or those three or four shots in the time allowed.  BUT, killing the leader of the free world and getting away alive is the Olympics of killing.  Do you really think you can climb into a building, point a gun at the man who runs the country and pull the trigger without putting a loaf in your pants?  

Link Posted: 9/5/2004 11:10:42 AM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:
Everybody here can CLAIM to be able to make that shot or those three or four shots in the time allowed.  BUT, killing the leader of the free world and getting away alive is the Olympics of killing.  Do you really think you can climb into a building, point a gun at the man who runs the country and pull the trigger without putting a loaf in your pants?  

Could I or WOULD I shoot a President? Twisted people like Lee Oswald engage in twisted behavior without batting an eye.
Link Posted: 9/5/2004 12:12:10 PM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:
Lee Harvey Oswald acted alone in the assassination of President Kennedy.

He made three shots at the President, hitting his target twice, missing the first shot only because of the branches in the trees lining Elm Street.

If anyone says that it would be different if you were actually shooting a human being, rather than moving targets, then I would say that you don't know the mental makeup of losers like Oswald.

They don't think twice about what they are doing to their 'targets.'

It's all about them....

Eric The(No-Conspiracy-Geek-Here)Hun

Yes.

In recent years meticulous 3-D computer models have been made of the Dealey Plaza. All the areas conspiracy theorist say second gunman could have been were line-of-sight blocked the only reasonable place the shots could have come from were the upper floors of the School Book Depository Building or the building on the corner opposite it.

Test after test after test has shown it an expected reaction for a head to snap in the opposite direction of the shots.

It has been shown repeatedly that 3 shots with a “POS scoped carcano” at that SHORT range is easily doable by and average shooter. Actual shooters military and non-military have repeated the act many times.

Everybody here can CLAIM to be able to make that shot or those three or four shots in the time allowed. BUT, killing the leader of the free world and getting away alive is the Olympics of killing. Do you really think you can climb into a building, point a gun at the man who runs the country and pull the trigger without putting a loaf in your pants?

WHY NOT? John Wilkes Booth shot a President in the head at contact range and walked away.

Irrational emotion, supposition, and fantasy cannot substitute for rational thought and fact.

Oswald acted alone.
Link Posted: 9/10/2004 6:23:51 PM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:
Lee Harvey Oswald acted alone in the assassination of President Kennedy.

He made three shots at the President, hitting his target twice, missing the first shot only because of the branches in the trees lining Elm Street.

Computer generated 3-D models are cool and all, but why has no one here posted the words of the man who was actually shot?

The Zapruder film backs up Governor Connelly's account of what happened in Dealey plaza that day - not the Warren Report - and that's HUGE.  Three shots - three hits. If you count the man hit by shrapnel by the railroad overpass, it's four shots - three hits.

The first shot hit Kennedy in the upper back exiting his neck. This is the legendary single bullet that was also said to have hit Connelly.

Kennedy can be seen struggling here Zapruder frame 230. From the Zapruder film's perspective, Kennedy was first hit while still behind the freeway sign, but began to react to being hit just as he emerged from behind it. At this point in time, Connelly has not been hit.

Governor Connelly recalled:

...that's when the shots occurred. I heard what I thought was a rifle shot. I immediately reacted by turning to look over my right shoulder because that's where the sound came from. Zapruder frame 276

I didn't see anything out of the ordinary and was in the process of turning to look over my left shoulder when I felt a blow in the middle of my back as if someone had hit me with a doubled up fist - about like that [smacks hands together]

The blow was of such force that it bent me over and I immediately saw that I was covered with blood and I knew I'd been hit and I said 'Oh My God they're gonna kill us all'.

And I heard another shot that was of... loud shot [smacks hand together] almost like that, and immediately I saw blood and brain tissue all over the back of the limousine. I knew then that the president had been fatally hit because Mrs. Kennedy... then... I heard her say 'My God, I've got his brains in my hand'.

There are other witness accounts which can be backed up with photographic evidence that was not confiscated & never returned, but I'll trust the Governor of Texas for now.
Link Posted: 9/11/2004 6:18:14 AM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:
I got back two weeks ago from a trip to Dallas, TX to visit some family.  On the last day there we went  to the Book Despoitory Building where Oswald shot JKF.  I looked through the window and saw the "shots" he would have fired.  And we heard all about the conspiricy and the second "CIA" shooter and whatnot leading you to believe that someone else fired a shot...but sadly yet truthfully...I could have made 3 shots from there and scored equel hits...with just normal shooting and hunting practice.

What do you guys think?  Anyone been there and seen the place?  Did he do it alone or with someone?  

Just curious to see what other people thought about it.  

But could you have done it with a moving/accelerating target with a CARCANO and SURPLUS ammo?

S.O.
Link Posted: 9/11/2004 6:37:09 AM EDT
[#29]
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top