BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 20
Link Posted: 5/2/2024 5:30:00 PM EDT
[Last Edit: eurotrash] [#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By RePp:

I’m not talking about heavy ass bolt guns. I’m talking about people who want an accurate, weight appropriate gas gun. No most people don’t have vortex optics when it comes to competition. Some of us actually go out and get hands on with all brands of scopes and make informed decisions from first hand experience not from some online review. You literally didn’t know who ZCO was. Obviously this isn’t your thing.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By eurotrash:

We’re talking past each other. Different priorities. I don’t want a heavy ass bolt action gamer gun.

As for the bandwagon effect, most people have Vortex optics. Not because they are the best, but because they practically give them away at matches and they are good enough to win with.

I’m not talking about heavy ass bolt guns. I’m talking about people who want an accurate, weight appropriate gas gun. No most people don’t have vortex optics when it comes to competition. Some of us actually go out and get hands on with all brands of scopes and make informed decisions from first hand experience not from some online review. You literally didn’t know who ZCO was. Obviously this isn’t your thing.

Again, ZCO is 9 oz heavier than my optic. Clearly, I don’t need to know about every Johnny come lately optic company. If you have the time and ability to shoot every scope on the market, good on you. I’ll still rely on review like Glassaholic’s.
Link Posted: 5/2/2024 5:30:03 PM EDT
[Last Edit: RePp] [#2]
Originally Posted By AbleArcher:

Ill be straight up, I'm not familiar with ZCO. In the context of the thread, they are the best 5.56 AR optics?
View Quote

Depends what you’re doing with your ar15. When it comes to lpvo and optics in general they’re one of if not the best optic makers in the world.
Link Posted: 5/2/2024 5:32:09 PM EDT
[#3]

Again, ZCO is 9 oz heavier than my optic. Clearly, I don’t need to know about every Johnny come lately optic company. If you have the time and ability to shoot every scope on the market, good on you. I’ll still rely on review like Glassaholic’s.
View Quote

They have been around for years and used heavily by people that use and compete with optics. It’s literally my point that you’re out of the loop yet you are still here arguing. Even if someone’s deciding factor was weight there’s a pile of great options that isn’t march.
Link Posted: 5/2/2024 5:35:20 PM EDT
[Last Edit: eurotrash] [#4]

They have been around for years and used heavily by people that use and compete with optics. It’s literally my point that you’re out of the loop yet you are still here arguing. Even if someone’s deciding factor was weight there’s a pile of great options that isn’t march.
View All Quotes

An Arfcom PRS shooter recommended the March when I initially asked for gas gun scope recommendations. Then I started reading reviews and the weight to performance stood out. You are assuming that because a scope meets your needs, it should meet my needs too, without even asking what they are.
Link Posted: 5/2/2024 5:38:05 PM EDT
[#5]

An Arfcom PRS shooter recommended the March when I initially asked for gas gun scope recommendations. Then I started reading reviews and the weight to performance stood out. You are assuming that because a scope meets your needs, it should meet my needs too, without even asking what they are.
View Quote

I use many different models from many different makers.
Link Posted: 5/2/2024 5:42:09 PM EDT
[#6]

Apparently good glass, good bipods and good accuracy aren’t either.
View Quote

Oooooof. Brutal!
Link Posted: 5/2/2024 5:49:40 PM EDT
[#7]

Ill be straight up, I'm not familiar with ZCO. In the context of the thread, they are the best 5.56 AR optics?
View Quote

Depends. If you have Lambo money and want everyone to know it, then yes.
Link Posted: 5/2/2024 5:51:19 PM EDT
[#8]

View All Quotes

Again, this goes back to “your needs don’t equal my needs” and your opinion is just as valid as the guy who recommended a March, or Glassaholic for that matter.
Link Posted: 5/2/2024 5:52:22 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 5/2/2024 6:06:07 PM EDT
[#10]

Again, this goes back to “your needs don’t equal my needs” and your opinion is just as valid as the guy who recommended a March, or Glassaholic for that matter.
View Quote

This goes back to my original comment. This is arfcom where everyone’s an expert on something they know nothing about. I would expect nothing less. Ultimately it’s your money and your needs. If it suits them rock on.
Link Posted: 5/2/2024 6:17:55 PM EDT
[Last Edit: eurotrash] [#11]

This goes back to my original comment. This is arfcom where everyone’s an expert on something they know nothing about. I would expect nothing less. Ultimately it’s your money and your needs. If it suits them rock on.
View All Quotes

Edit: I read that as “your loss” not “your needs”
Link Posted: 5/2/2024 6:22:33 PM EDT
[#12]

View Quote

Your responses read as an expose on the dunning Krueger effect.
Link Posted: 5/2/2024 6:27:02 PM EDT
[#13]

We’re talking past each other. Different priorities. I don’t want a heavy ass bolt action gamer gun.

As for the bandwagon effect, most people have Vortex optics. Not because they are the best, but because they practically give them away at matches and they are good enough to win with.
View Quote

Dude RePp knows a fuckload (just like Glassaholic).
Link Posted: 5/2/2024 6:27:10 PM EDT
[#14]

View All Quotes

There I was, thinking a second that you had a moment of awareness that other people’s opinions mattered.
Link Posted: 5/2/2024 6:28:49 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 20andOUT] [#15]
Originally Posted By brasscrossedrifles:

Learn stock adjustment and how to build positions better.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By 20andOUT:

I really like the TA31 as long as I am on a bench or standing.  But as soon as I go prone or shoot from an improvised rest of some sort, the TA33 shines for me.  The TA31 eye relief becomes a real issue for me whenever I have to make do with a so/so shooting position I find my face getting love tapped by the bezel.  

Learn stock adjustment and how to build positions better.

Or choose the sight that doesn’t require stock adjustment any time you change position.

I can drop into and position and not have to worry about it with a TA33, standing to a barrier to prone all work well.  

I have owned several TA31s, the TA33 is simply faster for me when moving and nose to CH isn’t as easy to maintain.  The TA31 is less forgiving when you are not in stable positions.  So if you want to take the time to “build positions” the TA 31 should work well, but if you want to be faster… the TA33 shines.
Link Posted: 5/2/2024 6:30:27 PM EDT
[#16]
Fun thread:  many butthurts between the intermittent glucose boluses of Mountain Dew and Doritos while simultaneously burning retinas with LED displays of anger and coping.

Link Posted: 5/2/2024 6:37:16 PM EDT
[#17]

Depends what you’re doing with your ar15. When it comes to lpvo and optics in general they’re one of if not the best optic makers in the world.
View All Quotes

Fair enough. I will seek one out.
Link Posted: 5/2/2024 6:47:56 PM EDT
[#18]

There I was, thinking a second that you had a moment of awareness that other people’s opinions mattered.
View Quote

I judge the opinion on the knowledge of the person giving it.
Link Posted: 5/2/2024 6:53:59 PM EDT
[Last Edit: BMSMB] [#19]

View Quote

He's more concerned with what actually works best
Link Posted: 5/2/2024 6:54:49 PM EDT
[Last Edit: AK-12] [#20]
My Tikka wears a Razor Gen 1 because I didn't have the money for a ZCO or NF.

I don't cope by pretending the latter aren't some of the best optics available though.
Link Posted: 5/2/2024 7:20:00 PM EDT
[#21]
Originally Posted By -OdieGreen-:

The TA33 just has a FOV reduction to make people mount it further forward where the eye box is best. Most ACOG’s except the TA11 have over efficient prism designs, meaning the prism is capable of more than the objective lens size is.

Mount your TA31 an inch further forward. The eye box will be better in both eye relief and exit pupil forgiveness but you’ll see the FOV reduced with shadowing. Now imagine adding a ring on the front to block out the objective shadowing.

Boom. The concept of the TA33. (They just moved the objective forward on a TA50 to achieve the effect.)

If you go to Trijicon’s social media you’ll see their employees never run their ACOG’s at close eye relief. They’re all 3-4” out on TA31’s and only move forward when they need the peak FOV. They’re doing it right, but your average person will lose their mind at the thought of using an optic at peak eye box instead of peak FOV. So people mount them at peak FOV where the eye box is worst.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Ben:
I haven't really messed with the TA33. Is it really better than a TA31/RMR combo?

The TA33 just has a FOV reduction to make people mount it further forward where the eye box is best. Most ACOG’s except the TA11 have over efficient prism designs, meaning the prism is capable of more than the objective lens size is.

Mount your TA31 an inch further forward. The eye box will be better in both eye relief and exit pupil forgiveness but you’ll see the FOV reduced with shadowing. Now imagine adding a ring on the front to block out the objective shadowing.

Boom. The concept of the TA33. (They just moved the objective forward on a TA50 to achieve the effect.)

If you go to Trijicon’s social media you’ll see their employees never run their ACOG’s at close eye relief. They’re all 3-4” out on TA31’s and only move forward when they need the peak FOV. They’re doing it right, but your average person will lose their mind at the thought of using an optic at peak eye box instead of peak FOV. So people mount them at peak FOV where the eye box is worst.

Under rated post. The people that need it the most, either won't read it or won't understand it.

Link Posted: 5/2/2024 7:29:26 PM EDT
[#22]
Anyone have a recommendation for a scope that will go on a rifle that will come out of the safe a couple times a month so I can gaze upon it?  

It won’t really get shot, but if it does it’ll be from 100 yards on a bench.  I might post pics of it though, so nothing that people will laugh at.  

Thanks.
Link Posted: 5/2/2024 7:30:58 PM EDT
[#23]
Originally Posted By Subpar:
Anyone have a recommendation for a scope that will go on a rifle that will come out of the safe a couple times a month so I can gaze upon it?  

It won’t really get shot, but if it does it’ll be from 100 yards on a bench.  I might post pics of it though, so nothing that people will laugh at.  

Thanks.
View Quote

Link Posted: 5/2/2024 7:39:06 PM EDT
[#24]
Originally Posted By AK-12:
My Tikka wears a Razor Gen 1 because I didn't have the money for a ZCO or NF.

I don't cope by pretending the latter aren't some of the best optics available though.
View Quote

My razor has been a great optic for me
Link Posted: 5/2/2024 7:44:15 PM EDT
[#25]
ZCO doesn't have a place in this discussion.  You guys are being trolled.

The NX8 and TA33 are fantastic optics for a lightweight carbine.

BurtG is a well known troll over at snipershide.

Yes ZCO scopes are top tier.  However, a the smallest, lightest, currently available ZCO is going to weigh 40+ ounces once mounted... not exactly something you put on a LW carbine.

The "hunter" scope they are releasing soon is a 27oz 2-10 scope, again, not competing with the TA33 or NX8.
Link Posted: 5/2/2024 7:51:36 PM EDT
[#26]
Originally Posted By mississippiflush:

I like the new guy
View Quote

He busted in spitting fire and pissing gasoline.  But alas he is from NJ.
Link Posted: 5/2/2024 7:52:34 PM EDT
[#27]
Originally Posted By MKEman:

Yes ZCO scopes are top tier.  However, a the smallest, lightest, currently available ZCO is going to weigh 40+ ounces once mounted... not exactly something you put on a LW carbine.

The "hunter" scope they are releasing soon is a 27oz 2-10 scope, again, not competing with the TA33 or NX8.
View Quote

NX8 and TA33 are hard to beat on a do it all ar15. The zco was towards the march conversation and optics in general.
Link Posted: 5/2/2024 7:53:30 PM EDT
[#28]

View All Quotes

But…. He is right
Link Posted: 5/2/2024 7:58:15 PM EDT
[#29]

Further research reveals the ZCO counter part to my March is 9 ounces heavier. No thanks. I need a lightweight 5-25 for my counter sniper rifle.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/563643/IMG_0627-3162077.jpg
View All Quotes

A quick Google search reveals ZCO was founded in 2018. No wonder I haven’t heard of this fly-by-night company.

Man there's gonna be some PRS guys pissed at you for not respecting their flex on the nightforce poors.

Further research reveals the ZCO counter part to my March is 9 ounces heavier. No thanks. I need a lightweight 5-25 for my counter sniper rifle.

I’m not sure if you are referencing a sniper rifle that sits in a counter or a rifle that is intended to counteract a sniper.

God I hope it’s the prior
Link Posted: 5/2/2024 8:01:50 PM EDT
[#30]
Originally Posted By mban2:

I’m not sure if you are referencing a sniper rifle that sits in a counter or a rifle that is intended to counteract a sniper.

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By mban2:

A quick Google search reveals ZCO was founded in 2018. No wonder I haven’t heard of this fly-by-night company.

Man there's gonna be some PRS guys pissed at you for not respecting their flex on the nightforce poors.

Obviously it's a rifle, purpose built to snipe counters.

"Take that you marble motherfucker"

"Die granite, DIE!!!"
Link Posted: 5/2/2024 9:18:00 PM EDT
[#31]

I own a March scope. You will call me sir.
View Quote

Such an odd flex.
Link Posted: 5/2/2024 9:21:50 PM EDT
[#32]

Or choose the sight that doesn’t require stock adjustment any time you change position.

I can drop into and position and not have to worry about it with a TA33, standing to a barrier to prone all work well.  

I have owned several TA31s, the TA33 is simply faster for me when moving and nose to CH isn’t as easy to maintain.  The TA31 is less forgiving when you are not in stable positions.  So if you want to take the time to “build positions” the TA 31 should work well, but if you want to be faster… the TA33 shines.
View Quote

If your TA31 is hitting you in the face your connection to the gun sucks. I mean it really fuckin blows. Anyway, shoot whatever you like shooting.
Link Posted: 5/2/2024 9:25:05 PM EDT
[Last Edit: brasscrossedrifles] [#33]
Originally Posted By adavis:

Such an odd flex.
View Quote

Its kinda funny because there's only one community where that would be a flex. I haven't seen anyone who is primarily from it post in this thread. They probably won't, since they aren't the audience for this thread and probably don't care about whatever we are talking about.
Link Posted: 5/2/2024 9:31:42 PM EDT
[#34]

There's only one community where that would be a flex. I haven't seen anyone who is primarily from it post in this thread. They probably won't, since they aren't the audience for this thread and probably don't care about whatever we are talking about.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By adavis:

Such an odd flex.

There's only one community where that would be a flex. I haven't seen anyone who is primarily from it post in this thread. They probably won't, since they aren't the audience for this thread and probably don't care about whatever we are talking about.

There's a bazillion shooting disciplines.

PRS, National Match, run and gun, tactical stuff, CQB, etc etc.

This site tends to be older in age, which I like. There's also really good hunting advice here. There's shooting for a specific competition, then there's like Clint says "a student of firearms". Which a lot of new guys kinda dismiss, but some boomer might not win a PRS match but he might be like "Yeah I ran into that issue with an import from this country", etc.

Most people, including myself, aren't really good at everything. But match bullets can be different than pelt bullets and different than self defense bullets, etc etc. And ranges too. To give a really dumb example, I really don't like EoTech optics, period. But they're great for night vision shooting, so I have one.

There's no solution, there's only compromises.
Link Posted: 5/2/2024 9:37:37 PM EDT
[#35]
Originally Posted By WhiskersTheCat:

There's a bazillion shooting disciplines.

PRS, National Match, run and gun, tactical stuff, CQB, etc etc.

This site tends to be older in age, which I like. There's also really good hunting advice here. There's shooting for a specific competition, then there's like Clint says "a student of firearms". Which a lot of new guys kinda dismiss, but some boomer might not win a PRS match but he might be like "Yeah I ran into that issue with an import from this country", etc.

Most people, including myself, aren't really good at everything. But match bullets can be different than pelt bullets and different than self defense bullets, etc etc. And ranges too. To give a really dumb example, I really don't like EoTech optics, period. But they're great for night vision shooting, so I have one.

There's no solution, there's only compromises.
View Quote

There's only one community I know of where a March scope is a flex. It's really not that big of a flex there either, and everyone I know that's really amazing at it shoots either Nightforce or WOA.
Link Posted: 5/2/2024 10:39:20 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 20andOUT] [#36]

If your TA31 is hitting you in the face your connection to the gun sucks. I mean it really fuckin blows. Anyway, shoot whatever you like shooting.
View All Quotes

Absolutely, lay prone shooting under a vehicle (match stage) and see how good of a connection you can get on the stock.  Or hang out around a barrier where you can’t get stable footing.  Plenty of situations where having 1.5” of eye relief kind of sucks.  But you have to get off the bench to find them, I thought my TA31s were awesome until I tried shooting them in matches and some shitty improvised positions.

Like I said the TA31 is great if you are stable, but the more awkward the shooting positions get the more the TA33 becomes the better option.
Link Posted: 5/2/2024 11:22:03 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Ben] [#37]
Link Posted: 5/3/2024 5:53:56 AM EDT
[#38]

I really liked the TA31 across multiple deployments, both in the Middle East and Africa. To each their own I guess.
View Quote

I really liked it in 2007. Massive upgrade from the iron sights of the M16A2.

They belong in a museum.
Link Posted: 5/3/2024 6:13:09 AM EDT
[#39]
Plenty of situations where having 1.5” of eye relief kind of sucks.  But you have to get off the bench to find them...
View Quote

I'm NGMI. Skill issue.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 5/3/2024 7:57:24 AM EDT
[#40]

I'm NGMI. Skill issue.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/116701/1000001843_jpg-3204267.JPG
View All Quotes
Plenty of situations where having 1.5” of eye relief kind of sucks.  But you have to get off the bench to find them...

I'm NGMI. Skill issue.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/116701/1000001843_jpg-3204267.JPG

Your pictures example is an optic with double the eye relief on a stable barrier you then prepped with a bag.  These are different scenarios and I think you know this.

Like I was trying to get at, when supported or even upright where I can get a good cheek weld and a stable position nose to CH my TA31s were no problem.  But for example those angled barricades where you sometimes can’t properly kneel, sit, squat, or go prone and have to find something in between I hated the TA31.  The TA33 was much more forgiving and faster to get a good sight picture with.

Link Posted: 5/3/2024 8:12:46 AM EDT
[#41]

Your pictures example is an optic with double the eye relief on a stable barrier you then prepped with a bag.  These are different scenarios and I think you know this.

Like I was trying to get at, when supported or even upright where I can get a good cheek weld and a stable position nose to CH my TA31s were no problem.  But for example those angled barricades where you sometimes can’t properly kneel, sit, squat, or go prone and have to find something in between I hated the TA31.  The TA33 was much more forgiving and faster to get a good sight picture with.

View Quote

Show me the prop and I'll figure out a way to build a position with good connection to the gun. Probably, I haven't seen everything.
Link Posted: 5/3/2024 9:49:36 AM EDT
[#42]

I really liked the TA31 across multiple deployments, both in the Middle East and Africa. To each their own I guess.
View All Quotes

Absolutely, lay prone shooting under a vehicle (match stage) and see how good of a connection you can get on the stock.  Or hang out around a barrier where you can’t get stable footing.  Plenty of situations where having 1.5” of eye relief kind of sucks.  But you have to get off the bench to find them, I thought my TA31s were awesome until I tried shooting them in matches and some shitty improvised positions.

Like I said the TA31 is great if you are stable, but the more awkward the shooting positions get the more the TA33 becomes the better option.

I also love my TA31. It's probably my favorite rifle optic period.

I'm interested in playing with a TA33 to see what the fuss is about, but there's nowhere I can go to check one out.

I have decided I want to pair the 31 with a MRDS, but I haven't decided between piggyback or offset yet. Once I do that, I think I'll have addressed the eye box "issue," and I'll still have a package that's lighter, smaller, faster, and more durable than any LPVO.
Link Posted: 5/3/2024 10:07:43 AM EDT
[#43]

View Quote

That is going to be a no from me. The TA33/110 has a more forgiving exit pupil when you set it side by side with a 4x (TA02 LED in  this case). made this a while back for arg and just converted the webm to gif.

Link Posted: 5/3/2024 10:13:42 AM EDT
[#44]
Link Posted: 5/3/2024 11:41:01 AM EDT
[#45]

Let’s see pics of your gas guns. I’ll wait.

View Quote

Well. Your commie infested site won’t let me post pics.  

But last 2 times I shot the Geisselle gas gun matches I placed 3rd and 5th.  I’m sure you shoot some comps what’s your placement

If you fix your site Il post some pre 86 belt feds and others lol
Link Posted: 5/3/2024 11:48:00 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Burtg] [#46]
Originally Posted By MKEman:

View Quote

Truth isn’t Trolling.

Don’t believe the lollipop guild
Link Posted: 5/3/2024 12:18:21 PM EDT
[#47]
Originally Posted By Burtg:

But last 2 times I shot the Geisselle gas gun matches I placed 3rd and 5th.  I’m sure you shoot some comps what’s your placement

View Quote

My favorite place to shoot mentioned.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 5/3/2024 12:20:33 PM EDT
[#48]
Originally Posted By Burtg:

View Quote

Complains about commies... lives in NJ...
Link Posted: 5/3/2024 1:50:04 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Dissident] [#49]
Originally Posted By WhiskersTheCat:
Sometimes I'm good at shooting the guns and sometimes I'm bad at shooting the guns
View Quote

But shooting the guns is serious business.  You are not taking the business seriously enough.
Link Posted: 5/3/2024 1:54:31 PM EDT
[#50]

They belong in a museum.
View All Quotes

They belong in a museum.

Indiana Jones - It belongs in a museum, so do you

You take that back
Page / 20
Top Top