Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 3
Link Posted: 8/31/2004 1:00:09 PM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
Seeing as how he has just started using it, I think I have a case to be made.
I refer you to my lawyer.
www.law.umkc.edu/faculty/projects/ftrials/Simpson/cochran.gif

[JohnnyCochran] When Ackbar gets posted here, someone owes wedge1082 a beer! [/JohnnyCochran]  

Link Posted: 8/31/2004 1:07:51 PM EDT
[#2]
It's a trap!

Link Posted: 8/31/2004 1:17:54 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
I think that this calls for a poll.

If Wedge wins, Dog1 should surrender his Avtar. If Dog1 wins, then Wedge will have to accecpt the decision of the council.

Very well, poll added.
Link Posted: 8/31/2004 1:28:04 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 8/31/2004 1:29:50 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 8/31/2004 1:30:11 PM EDT
[#6]
I will plead my case anywhere any time.

edit- I refer you to my new lawyer.
Link Posted: 8/31/2004 1:30:21 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Jimmy, is that you???

I know a guy that wants to name his first born son Wedge...

I wanted to do the same thing, but Mrs. Wedge shot Wedge down.  She also would not allow Boba or Jango.

What about Biggs (Darklighter), Red 3?  Or Jek (Porkins), Red 6?  Not exactly confidence inspiring though, considering both bought it in A New Hope.
Link Posted: 8/31/2004 1:37:27 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Ackbar meets sgtar15...

Niceeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!!!!!!!!!
Link Posted: 8/31/2004 1:38:04 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

And wookies have been known to pull people's arms out of their sockets when they lose!
Link Posted: 8/31/2004 1:40:58 PM EDT
[#10]
[Cartman]Screw you guys! I'm taking my Xwing fighter and going HHHOOMMMMEEEEE[/Cartman]
Link Posted: 8/31/2004 1:41:00 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Quoted:

www.starwars.com/databank/character/chewbacca/img/movie_bg.jpg

And wookies have been known to pull people's arms out of their sockets when they lose!

That is why I feel that he will make my case for me better than Johnny.
Link Posted: 8/31/2004 1:42:00 PM EDT
[#12]
"Who are the 2 slimy little c*#% suckers who just signed their own death warrant".....

I mean who voted for Dog1?
Link Posted: 8/31/2004 1:42:53 PM EDT
[#13]
Internet drama, the worst of all the different kinds of drama.
Link Posted: 8/31/2004 1:44:51 PM EDT
[#14]
There can be only one.  Stand tall!

Link Posted: 8/31/2004 1:46:05 PM EDT
[#15]
You'd think the Colt and Grendel guys would be all over this.  To them, if you have an idea it is yours forever, even if you no legally enforceable claim.
Link Posted: 8/31/2004 1:46:32 PM EDT
[#16]
A survivor if ever there was one, Wedge Antilles has lived through some of the Rebellion's most important battles against the Empire.

The young Corellian served as Red Two during the Battle of Yavin, and flew as Luke Skywalker's wingman during the final approach on the Death Star's thermal exhaust port.

When Wedge sustained damage to his fighter, he had to pull out and leave the battle.

Three years later, Wedge flew as part of Rogue Group during the Battle of Hoth.

He and his gunner Janson perfected a daring maneuver wherein a snowspeeder used its harpoon and tow-cable to trip up the legs of the attacking Imperial walker.

During the climactic Battle of Endor, Wedge, as Red Leader, spearheaded the Alliance starfighter attack into the heart of the uncompleted Death Star.
Link Posted: 8/31/2004 1:47:27 PM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 8/31/2004 1:48:08 PM EDT
[#18]
Wedge, a Corellian, was born and raised in outer Gus Treta, a fueling depot and spaceport owned and operated by his parents, Jagged and Zena. His parents died in an accident that destroyed much of Gus Treta. A craft with suspected criminals attempted to flee authorities without detaching its mooring clamps. Although the resulting damage destroyed his home, Wedge inherited enough credits through insurance that he was able to purchase his first stock light freighter. He was not very successful as a smuggler or a gunrunner, so he instead joined the Rebellion.
After the Battle of Yavin, Wedge stayed with the core Alliance High Command group, taking on varying roles. When Commander Narra began forming Rogue Group -- which would later evolve into the modern Rogue Squadron -- Wedge was one of the original members.

After Rogue Group's performance during the Battle of Hoth, Antilles reorganized the elite fighter pilot group and was promoted to Commander, or Rogue Leader. The squadron was assigned to the Headquarters Frigate, Home One. During the Battle of Endor, Rogue Squadron flew as Red Group, in homage to the original X-wing squadron that flew over the the first Death Star. Although Antilles was allowed the opportunity to equip his squadron with newer A-wings and B-wings, he stayed with the traditional X-wing starfighters.

Following the Battles of Endor and Bakura, Wedge's missions became increasingly political. Rogue Squadron had become famous throughout the galaxy, and this elite starfighter group spearheaded missions into the heart of Imperial territory, liberating worlds and bringing more systems into the growing New Republic.

After the defeat of Grand Admiral Thrawn at Bilbringi, Antilles accepted the rank of general under the provision that he could still lead the Rogues. Although a capable tactician, both he and General Lando Calrissian suffered heavy losses in the war against the reborn Emperor.

The cloned Emperor's onslaught of new and advanced weaponry caused the New Republic military to reassess their fighting forces. Rogue Squadron was restructured around several different starfighter designs to allow for greater flexibility in combat. This was but one of many difficult bureaucratic decisions that Wedge had to face while in command.

Following the resurrected Emperor's campaign of terror, Wedge was pressed into relief duties on Coruscant. He oversaw clean-up operations in the shattered metropolis, though he longed to get back behind the controls of a starship. To that end, he flew relief shuttles to suffering worlds, and acted as bodyguard to the former Imperial scientist Qui Xux.

Although Wedge and Xux did share close moments together, his heart ultimately belonged to Iella Wessiri, former member of CorSec. During a diplomatic mission to Adumar, the two expressed their feelings for one another. They are now married with children.

Wedge Antilles retired from Rogue Squadron when peace between the New Republic and the Imperial Remnant was achieved. Now, as the galaxy faces the Yuuzhan Vong menace, Antilles serves as an advisor to the new Rogue Leader, Gavin Darklighter.
Link Posted: 8/31/2004 1:50:33 PM EDT
[#19]
Actor Denis Lawson -- who is Ewan McGregor's real-life uncle -- played Wedge Antilles in the classic trilogy.

Although the script identifies him as Wedge Antilles, and the voiceover is the same, that is not Lawson sitting beside Mark Hamill during the Yavin briefing.

Lawson was unavailable that day for shooting and another actor filled in.

This has led to fans identifying that particular Wedge as the "fake Wedge," although it is intended as the same character.

Lawson's name is misspelled "Dennis" in the credits to A New Hope.

http://www.starwars.com/databank/character/wedgeantilles/?id=bts
Link Posted: 8/31/2004 1:52:02 PM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 8/31/2004 1:52:44 PM EDT
[#21]
Wedge,

Add the "It's a trap!" caption to that pic and it will be 10x as funny.  Don't forget to also do the "I have decided this thread is NOT a trap" pic.
Link Posted: 8/31/2004 1:53:21 PM EDT
[#22]

If we can not acquit then this must go to the pit.....
Link Posted: 8/31/2004 1:53:41 PM EDT
[#23]
Neither of you two "own" the rights to the whole Ackbar/Trap thing.  It is a Fark Photoshop cliche.  How would you like it if I claimed that the mustard man pic, The squirrel with big nuts, or the Kitten/Domokun pics were mine?

Link Posted: 8/31/2004 1:57:20 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:
Wedge, a Corellian, was born and raised in outer Gus Treta, a fueling depot and spaceport owned and operated by his parents, Jagged and Zena. His parents died in an accident that destroyed much of Gus Treta. A craft with suspected criminals attempted to flee authorities without detaching its mooring clamps. Although the resulting damage destroyed his home, Wedge inherited enough credits through insurance that he was able to purchase his first stock light freighter. He was not very successful as a smuggler or a gunrunner, so he instead joined the Rebellion.
After the Battle of Yavin, Wedge stayed with the core Alliance High Command group, taking on varying roles. When Commander Narra began forming Rogue Group -- which would later evolve into the modern Rogue Squadron -- Wedge was one of the original members.

After Rogue Group's performance during the Battle of Hoth, Antilles reorganized the elite fighter pilot group and was promoted to Commander, or Rogue Leader. The squadron was assigned to the Headquarters Frigate, Home One. During the Battle of Endor, Rogue Squadron flew as Red Group, in homage to the original X-wing squadron that flew over the the first Death Star. Although Antilles was allowed the opportunity to equip his squadron with newer A-wings and B-wings, he stayed with the traditional X-wing starfighters.

Following the Battles of Endor and Bakura, Wedge's missions became increasingly political. Rogue Squadron had become famous throughout the galaxy, and this elite starfighter group spearheaded missions into the heart of Imperial territory, liberating worlds and bringing more systems into the growing New Republic.

After the defeat of Grand Admiral Thrawn at Bilbringi, Antilles accepted the rank of general under the provision that he could still lead the Rogues. Although a capable tactician, both he and General Lando Calrissian suffered heavy losses in the war against the reborn Emperor.

The cloned Emperor's onslaught of new and advanced weaponry caused the New Republic military to reassess their fighting forces. Rogue Squadron was restructured around several different starfighter designs to allow for greater flexibility in combat. This was but one of many difficult bureaucratic decisions that Wedge had to face while in command.

Following the resurrected Emperor's campaign of terror, Wedge was pressed into relief duties on Coruscant. He oversaw clean-up operations in the shattered metropolis, though he longed to get back behind the controls of a starship. To that end, he flew relief shuttles to suffering worlds, and acted as bodyguard to the former Imperial scientist Qui Xux.

Although Wedge and Xux did share close moments together, his heart ultimately belonged to Iella Wessiri, former member of CorSec. During a diplomatic mission to Adumar, the two expressed their feelings for one another. They are now married with children.

Wedge Antilles retired from Rogue Squadron when peace between the New Republic and the Imperial Remnant was achieved. Now, as the galaxy faces the Yuuzhan Vong menace, Antilles serves as an advisor to the new Rogue Leader, Gavin Darklighter.

Now my life story is all over the internet.
Link Posted: 8/31/2004 1:58:36 PM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:
Wedge,

Add the "It's a trap!" caption to that pic and it will be 10x as funny.  Don't forget to also do the "I have decided this thread is NOT a trap" pic.

That would be.
IT’S A ( insert what kind of trap )TRAP!!!

And

I deem this thread not to be a trap.

Link Posted: 8/31/2004 1:59:41 PM EDT
[#26]

What does a squirrel with big nuts have to do with Admiral Ackbar? Nothing! It doesn't make sense!
Link Posted: 8/31/2004 2:05:30 PM EDT
[#27]
Don't get cocky kid.

(I know that is Solo's line.... I really don't have any speaking parts besides TK421, why aren't you at your post, and then, I don't think that was even me... It was one of those grey suit guys that look like grand moff tarkin.)
Link Posted: 8/31/2004 2:13:59 PM EDT
[#28]
Link Posted: 8/31/2004 2:14:46 PM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:
.. How would you like it if I claimed that the mustard man pic, The squirrel with big nuts, or the Kitten/Domokun pics were mine?

Holy CRAP!  If that guy had his hand coated in KY Jelly instead of mustard, I would personally set a new land-speed record getting outta Dodge!
Link Posted: 8/31/2004 2:27:15 PM EDT
[#30]
Link Posted: 8/31/2004 2:58:58 PM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:

I deem this thread not to be a trap.
img28.exs.cx/img28/511/ackbar-trap2.jpg

I always preferred this one:

And for those of you wondering where Ackbar is these days....
Link Posted: 8/31/2004 4:05:47 PM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Dude, his post count is higher than yours - looks like your argument is null and void.  Sorry.  

Seeing as how he has just started using it, I think I have a case to be made.
I refer you to my lawyer.
www.law.umkc.edu/faculty/projects/ftrials/Simpson/cochran.gif

I am now representing DOG1

Link Posted: 8/31/2004 4:12:15 PM EDT
[#33]
I say neither one of you have rights to it. I've found that "It's a trap" pic on several places throughout the net.

So nyeah.  
Link Posted: 8/31/2004 4:14:12 PM EDT
[#34]
Flog them both, their screams will amuse me.
Link Posted: 8/31/2004 4:17:18 PM EDT
[#35]
                             All your trap are belong to us

Link Posted: 8/31/2004 4:26:10 PM EDT
[#36]

Link Posted: 8/31/2004 4:28:04 PM EDT
[#37]
Link Posted: 8/31/2004 4:28:58 PM EDT
[#38]

Geekiest ... Thread ... Ever ...
and this comes from the guy with the
anime avatar...

Link Posted: 8/31/2004 4:31:41 PM EDT
[#39]
wasn't Wedge Rogue Leader in ROTJ?
and I think that actor is the uncle of the actor playing obi wan in the prequels
Link Posted: 8/31/2004 4:34:49 PM EDT
[#40]
Link Posted: 8/31/2004 4:42:53 PM EDT
[#41]

What kind of trap? Is it a speed trap?

Is it a sand trap?

Or a crab trap?

Fly trap?
Link Posted: 8/31/2004 6:56:41 PM EDT
[#42]
Hey wedge, I'm behind you all the way. I am your father!
Link Posted: 8/31/2004 7:33:38 PM EDT
[#43]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Jimmy, is that you???

I wanted to do the same thing, but Mrs. Wedge shot Wedge down.  She also would not allow Boba or Jango.

PFTT . I call . You know far to much about Star Wars to have  girl friends , much less a Mrs. Wedge .
Link Posted: 9/1/2004 4:02:45 AM EDT
[#44]

Quoted:
Don't get cocky kid.

membres.lycos.fr/sunscreen/wallpapers/cine/Stormtrooper.jpg

(I know that is Solo's line.... I really don't have any speaking parts besides TK421, why aren't you at your post, and then, I don't think that was even me... It was one of those grey suit guys that look like grand moff tarkin.)

You had "AGGGHHHHHH!!!!!" as you would get shot and fall.
Plus you had "What was that?" when Obi distracted you with the force after he turned off the Death Star tractor beam.
Link Posted: 9/1/2004 4:10:01 AM EDT
[#45]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
Jimmy, is that you???

PFTT . I call . You know far to much about Star Wars to have  girl friends , much less a Mrs. Wedge .

I have never let my love of Star Wars affect my social life.  Not only is there a Mrs. Wedge, but there is a little Ms. Wedge as well.  I am living proof that a man can have his Star Wars and eat it too.

And if Dog1 does not relent, he could find himself staring into the eyes of cold steel that are posted here.www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=1&f=75&t=269407
Link Posted: 9/1/2004 4:16:06 AM EDT
[#46]

Quoted:
Neither of you two "own" the rights to the whole Ackbar/Trap thing.  It is a Fark Photoshop cliche.  How would you like it if I claimed that the mustard man pic, The squirrel with big nuts, or the Kitten/Domokun pics were mine?
zansstuff.com/images/mustardmanbig.jpg

zansstuff.com/images/clichekitty2.jpg

zansstuff.com/images/squirrel.jpg

I don't claim rights to be the only one to post Ackbar.  As said before I enjoy seeing others trump me with Ackbar.  I just think there is something different about taking him and using him as an avatar.

It would be like if someone went and used Sarge's movies as their avatar and forum title somehow.  Now this is not to say that Ackbar is comparable to the genius of Sarge's movies.  Sarge is after all one of the great movie makers of our time.
Link Posted: 9/1/2004 5:30:59 AM EDT
[#47]
Maybe Chewbacca wanted to make his own race?"Eookies"or "Weboks", never can tell what those wookies are thinking. Well except for Han Solo. Take care. Coondog
Link Posted: 9/1/2004 5:52:45 AM EDT
[#48]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Don't get cocky kid.

Plus you had "What was that?" when Obi distracted you with the force after he turned off the Death Star tractor beam.

"There's one!  Set for stun!"

"The Death Star plans are not in the main computer!"

"What was that?"
"It's nothing."
"Do you know what is going on?"
"It must be some kind of drill."

"Stop that ship!"
"Blast 'em!"

"Which way did they go"

"How long have you had these droids?"
"These aren't the droids we're looking for."
"You can go about your business."
"Move along, move along."

("All this excitement has overrun the circuits in my counterpart here, I'd like to take him down to maintenance.")
"All right"

"We think they may be splitting up, they may be on both levels 5 and 6 now..."

These are a few Stormtrooper lines right off the top of my head.
Link Posted: 9/1/2004 5:53:47 AM EDT
[#49]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
Don't get cocky kid.

"There's one!  Set for stun!"

"The Death Star plans are not in the main computer!"

"What was that?"
"It's nothing."
"Do you know what is going on?"
"It must be some kind of drill."

"Stop that ship!"
"Blast 'em!"

"Which way did they go"

"How long have you had these droids?"
"These aren't the droids we're looking for."
"You can go about your business."
"Move along, move along."

("All this excitement has overrun the circuits in my counterpart here, I'd like to take him down to maintenance.")
"All right"

"We think they may be splitting up, they may be on both levels 5 and 6 now..."

These are a few Stormtrooper lines right off the top of my head.

"Look Sir, Droids."
Link Posted: 9/1/2004 8:04:29 AM EDT
[#50]
My next avatar

Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top