User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 9/1/2004 2:22:11 AM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:

Quoted:
I thought about htis, I would carry the backpack portable GE Vulcan Minigun that was used by Swartzenagger in Predator!

Fuck the pussy guns!  Who give a shit if they speak english!  They will all die before the wall of lead

Uh huh. You saw how fast Arnie ran his gun to the point of click click click when faced with a Predator, right? OK, back to reality now!

That was Bill Dukes that ran it to empty.
Link Posted: 9/1/2004 2:45:10 AM EDT
[#2]
no I would opt for an m4 with 14.5 barrel or a comando type version with an 11.5 barrel with Glock 21 with hi-caps for my side arm. The 5.7 is not a battle cartridge, when compaired to 5.56 it lacks the energy and velocity to make it effective against all the unknown threats they may encounter. Supprised Atlantis did not take the m4's over the p90's.
Link Posted: 9/1/2004 11:42:06 AM EDT
[#3]
I remember seeing an artical that the P-90 used a small AP round  4.5mm or something  that put a hurt on NIJ vests  the round was desined for  armor crews as personal defence weapon  it think it was in SWAT magazine(shameless plug for sponsor)  and the P-90 looks diffrent from anything else  only the XM-8 super soaker looks weirder.
Link Posted: 9/1/2004 12:07:46 PM EDT
[#4]
M60E3 with two complete extra grip/sear groups, lots of M993 ammo, and a gen three scope system on QD rails. (Only if I knew there would be combat).

Otherwise I would carry an M4 lower and cool patrol sling with a 16" flat top upper and M995 ammo, with an EOtech and with cav arms flip-ups. (plus googles, lots of water, batts, and chow).

I would leave the cool looking vest at home and wear the new Marine vest instead.

No P90s unless I was a combat vehicle crewman. (Could you get an LAV through the gate?)
Link Posted: 9/1/2004 12:27:10 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Quoted:
SG1 Started like Stargate, but has of course morphed into star trek where everyone in the universe speaks English.

Not everyone in ST speaks English. You must have missed the episodes where the universal translators break down or don't otherwise function properly.

Watch the ST:TNG episode titled Darmok and Gilard at Tinagra.  Perhaps one of the best episodes of ST ever made.  They encountered a race that only spoke in alegory.  They were able to translate non place name words to english, but there was absolutely no context.

Very cool episode.
Link Posted: 9/1/2004 12:30:13 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
Only if I was dumb enough to show up without  my own gun in an effective caliber.

Ditto!
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top