Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 3
Link Posted: 8/28/2004 6:10:16 AM EDT
[#1]
Halloween is just a little ways away, patience is a virtue.
Link Posted: 8/28/2004 6:11:50 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 8/28/2004 6:13:56 AM EDT
[#3]
something has to be done

an enemy flag on us soil........
Link Posted: 8/28/2004 7:19:29 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
Maybe you should leave him alone?

+1

p@ssy   oh and i never said i would touch HIM, just the flag

I'm a pussy and a troll because I think he has every right in the world to fly that flag outside his home without you screwing with his property?  What kind of an asshole are you?  Tell you what, 47 ...  come try and fuck with MY flag and see how you end up.

Fly a UN flag and give me your address.
Link Posted: 8/28/2004 7:24:08 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
something has to be done

an enemy flag on us soil........

excellent....another thinker out there!

Hallooween is a good time foir ALL!
Link Posted: 8/28/2004 7:26:30 AM EDT
[#6]
I'd like nothing better than to rip that thing down, piss and crap on it, then set it on fire.

However, this is America, the pos has a right to do what he wants.  It doesn't feel good, but its the right thing to do (leave him/it alone)
Link Posted: 8/28/2004 7:30:20 AM EDT
[#7]
Maybe he's trying to surrender.    
Link Posted: 8/28/2004 7:38:48 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Wierd...I've got neighbors who fly Iraqi, Viet Namese, Russian flags around here. I don't have a problem with them if they don't have a problem with me...

I got no beef either, as long as there's an American flag flying over it.

Nothing bakes my noodle more than seeing someone flying another countries flag by itself while living in America.  The most logical conclusion I can come up with from such a display is that the flag flyers don't give a shit about america and just intend to use it like a cheap hooker in order to further themselves.

G-Rated is right on.

There are specific rules and regulations (the guy is a German, right? about flying foreign flags on U.S. soil.

To LEGALLY and CORRECTLY fly a foreign flag, I believe that he has to fly a U.S. flag at the top of the flagpole, and he may then fly a foreign flag immediately underneath it.

To be fair - I am not sure how exactly that applies to "organizations", since the U.N. is obviously not a country.  I know that banks and corporations can fly their own flags, and do not need to have a U.S. flag above them on a flagpole, so there may be some weird rules that apply since it's a U.N. flag, and not a foreign nation.

However, if it turns out that the rule DOES apply to the U.N. flag, you could politely approach the guy, and tell him how he is supposed to fly the flag - since you are sucha  good neighbor and would hate for him to get into trouble
Link Posted: 8/28/2004 7:39:49 AM EDT
[#9]
Let him fly his flag.  Now you know where he stands.  Messing with personal property because you don't agree with it is shameful and the act of children.

Remember the Alamo, and God Bless Texas...
Link Posted: 8/28/2004 7:40:52 AM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 8/28/2004 7:43:25 AM EDT
[#11]
How about if you try talking to the guy. Tell him you saw his flag and you were curious about it. Is he a UN delegate or just an admirer? If he is indeed a representative of the UN let him know that he is welcome here as a visitor. If he is ever seen in puplic in uniform and armed he is an invader and subject to the most severe discipline.
Link Posted: 8/28/2004 7:44:10 AM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 8/28/2004 7:49:53 AM EDT
[#13]
I'd say a "tip" about drug activity or full auto weapons might lead to a house burning.

And the "which part of Europe, the one whose ass we kicked, or the one whose ass we rescued" slogan on a large sign in your front yard might be cool.
Link Posted: 8/28/2004 7:52:41 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
Actually, this could turn into a pretty good debate.

Should we, as freedom loving conservative Americans support the right of people to endorse organizations that we KNOW will lead to the downfall of life as we know it?

Where is the line?  At what point is OK to say, "Not in my country?"

"Calls to prayer" broadcast for Muslims via loudspeaker in Detroit...

UN flags...

We all know we can't sustain our Country and lifestyles if we never say, no.

How do you balance that?

Seriously - I'm not trolling.  I struggle with this very question.

Why struggle?
You know right and wrong.
Don't compromise.
He has the rights granted under the 1st amendment.
But there are sometimes consequences for expressing one's opinion.
Link Posted: 8/28/2004 7:59:54 AM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 8/28/2004 8:00:05 AM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 8/28/2004 8:12:04 AM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 8/28/2004 8:24:16 AM EDT
[#18]
I don't see the problem……

Just politely tell Herman the German he's flying the wrong flag and whip out this one…

ANdy
Link Posted: 8/28/2004 8:30:17 AM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 8/28/2004 8:32:41 AM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 8/28/2004 8:34:22 AM EDT
[#21]
Make a flag out of my avatar and fly it loud and proud.
Link Posted: 8/28/2004 8:34:38 AM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

Agree.. Isn't that what this country is about? You may not like it but people have died to give him the right to fly that flag.
Link Posted: 8/28/2004 8:38:06 AM EDT
[#23]
Link Posted: 8/28/2004 8:38:40 AM EDT
[#24]
Link Posted: 8/28/2004 8:39:51 AM EDT
[#25]
He can fly what he wants, leave it alone!
Link Posted: 8/28/2004 8:41:01 AM EDT
[#26]
Link Posted: 8/28/2004 8:44:06 AM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:
I was always partial to the old sign that says "Oh you're from Europe? Which part? The one whose ass we kicked or the one whose ass we saved?"

That is what I was thinking!

BigDozer66
Link Posted: 8/28/2004 9:13:42 AM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
Actually, this could turn into a pretty good debate.

Should we, as freedom loving conservative Americans support the right of people to endorse organizations that we KNOW will lead to the downfall of life as we know it?

Where is the line?  At what point is OK to say, "Not in my country?"

"Calls to prayer" broadcast for Muslims via loudspeaker in Detroit...

UN flags...

We all know we can't sustain our Country and lifestyles if we never say, no.

How do you balance that?

Seriously - I'm not trolling.  I struggle with this very question.

Why struggle?
You know right and wrong.
Don't compromise.
He has the rights granted under the 1st amendment.
But there are sometimes consequences for expressing one's opinion.

This kind of "consequences"--

I'd say a "tip" about drug activity or full auto weapons might lead to a house burning.

. . . is truly despicable to even suggest.  

I Pledge Allegiance to the flag of the United States of America
and to the Republic for which it stands, one Nation under God,
indivisible, with liberty and justice *for all*.

Oh, take it easy.
You took two separate quotes and lumped them together.
I applied color to distinguish the separation, since you missed it the first time.
BLUE=serious answer to serious question
GREEN=JOKE
One was supposed to be humor and one was serious.
Perhaps I could have made that more clear, but I doubt you could find even one person on this board who would really do that.  Member or not.
Link Posted: 8/28/2004 9:31:06 AM EDT
[#29]

Link Posted: 8/28/2004 9:37:31 AM EDT
[#30]
I love people to label themselves. I can figure them out faster.

MT
Link Posted: 8/28/2004 11:37:01 AM EDT
[#31]
Stopping and letting him follow you was  a HUGE mistake, because now if something happens to the flag, guess who the prime suspect is?
Link Posted: 8/28/2004 11:43:34 AM EDT
[#32]

Link Posted: 8/28/2004 12:06:42 PM EDT
[#33]
Don't do anything to his flag. You could try something wild and crazy like having an actual conversation with him to find out what his story is.

If you need to protest it, my idea is to find or make a UN helmet, t hen take it to the range and blow a nice, big hole through it. Then, put the helmet on a post in your yard.
Link Posted: 8/28/2004 12:09:50 PM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:

www.gatesfd.org/images/house%20fire.jpg

Psst - your forgot the "I'm just kidding of course" qualified so it doesn't violate the CoC
Link Posted: 8/28/2004 12:18:12 PM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:
I drive to see a buddy and all down the neighborhood all the other homes have American flags on them in obvious response to this frikin asshole. My buddy was with me and he said pull over and he got out and was walking up to the flag to remove it and the guy came home!

As the guy pulled past (I was blocking his drive way) my buddy got back in and we drove off. He turns around and follows me and at a stop light rolls down his window and asks what we were doing in a heavy euro-trash german accent. He even looked like Gunter himself. I said we had the wrong address and he obviously did not buy it.

Anyway, this fuker is on my list now. Since revenge is best served up cold what should I do? (No, I will not physically hurt the commie or burn his house down) but a small infraction might be in order eh?

I assume he is a UN delegate/intern ect...in the big city or something.

Let's see, give me some ideas and I'll add a poll soon.

Youre a communist by not letting him have his free speech.
Link Posted: 8/28/2004 12:34:00 PM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:

Yeah. Screw him. The world needs assholes....To remind the rest of us. Plus, what if he ripped down you're buddies Old Glory?

My family is German (I was born here) and I go visit family back there every few years. The last time I had the pleasure of meeting a retired German Police officer who was a class mate of my uncle's (RIP)
Well, he's a contemporary of my moms too, so I got to see him a few times. Great guy. We were invited to their vacation spot (his wife is a sweet heart!) up in the mountains, kinda like a trailer park with gardens and swimming pool, real nice. We drive up and to my shock, flapping on his flag pole high and proud is OLD GLORY! Since I had to verbally defend our great nation to some Germans, I thought he was taking a risk and I said as much. He laughed and waved it off. "Nah, screw 'em. If they come near it..." You see, he and his wife had coupled up with another retired officer and his wife and the two couples motor homed accross the US. They even had a great conversation with Nevada Highway Patrol who clocked them doing autobahn speeds and after a great conversation they let them go with a handshake and an e-mail address. He and his wife love America! They think we're the cat's meow.

So, the point I'm making is not every asshole is a kraut, but quite a few krauts ARE assholes. And that applies to everywhere.  Even here....

So let that UH fucktard fly his flag. If anything, you should ask him WHY does he fly the flag of an organization that let 900,000 Rawandans be slaughtered as they did nothing but WITHDRAW their vaunted peacekeepers? Ask him WHY does he honor an organization that trades on it's good name to increase personal fortunes with the Iraq Oil for Food program? Engage him and set him straight! That's what I would do.  
Link Posted: 8/28/2004 12:34:31 PM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:
I was always partial to the old sign that says "Oh you're from Europe? Which part? The one whose ass we kicked or the one whose ass we saved?"

Link Posted: 8/28/2004 12:35:49 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

[SquadcarVisit]Paintball[SquadcarVisit]
Link Posted: 8/28/2004 1:12:22 PM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Psst - your forgot the "I'm just kidding of course" qualified so it doesn't violate the CoC

Of course, his sigline makes the whole think even more surreal.
Link Posted: 8/28/2004 1:25:45 PM EDT
[#40]
I think cheaper than dirt had un blue helmets for like 5 bucks a while back take and convince the neighbors to buy some and shoot a bunch of holes in them and mount them on some kind of stake or pole in their front yards, this is how to protest. And if he asks why they are their refuse to talk about it so he can not say you are harrasing him or such.
Link Posted: 8/28/2004 1:57:28 PM EDT
[#41]
Hang UN peacekeepers in effigy? Or on sticks around your yard? Think Vlad the Impaler style...
Link Posted: 8/28/2004 2:46:48 PM EDT
[#42]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

I was not kidding at all
Link Posted: 8/28/2004 2:51:41 PM EDT
[#43]

Fly this one
Link Posted: 8/28/2004 2:55:07 PM EDT
[#44]
[ 61 ]  left alone, just add his house on your range card for future outgoing rounds  [ 26.87%]

I was 61. He should mind his buisness, & you should mind yours.
Link Posted: 8/28/2004 3:05:51 PM EDT
[#45]
Leave him alone.
You don't wanna do such a thing that would make you no better than the liberals.
Link Posted: 8/28/2004 4:26:25 PM EDT
[#46]

Quoted:
So this guy only has "freedom" as long as it's YOUR idea of "proper" freedom?  Coupla real "Patriots" in this thread.  "You are free to tow zee Party line--and you vill obey!"

And the pot calls the kettle black
Link Posted: 8/28/2004 4:30:26 PM EDT
[#47]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

I was not kidding at all

So you are seriously suggesting to 47 that he should burn down his neighbor's house because he doesn't like the flag he's flying?

Link Posted: 8/28/2004 4:47:08 PM EDT
[#48]
I don't know what is the proper answer, but I do know this.
Flying a UN flag in the United States is bad juju.
With all the Americans who believe there are conspiracies to subvert
the US being played out by UN players, it is a tasteless display.
And, with all the PC in this society, no one wants to stand up and ask
"What the fuck is your malfunction, Asswipe?"
People need to take a stand when they see things that are just plain wrong.
If it were an American flag, and some punk tore it off the flagpole and burned it,
I bet plenty of sheeple would defend that right.
But substitute a UN flag for a US flag in the same scenario, and it is becomes a terrorist act.
I don't advocate destroying his property in any way, but I do advocate letting him know he is not welcome, if he is making some sort of anti-US statement.
And I do advocate making some sort of Pro-US statement on your own propert, 47.

*by take a stand I don't mean burn the house down.
Link Posted: 8/28/2004 5:12:19 PM EDT
[#49]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

I was not kidding at all

So you are seriously suggesting to 47 that he should burn down his neighbor's house because he doesn't like the flag he's flying?

I never stated once that he should burn the house down that was an elusion of your imagination, to facilitate was your interplay.

I served for a year with those ass clowns and if you flied a UN flag in my neighborhood, the flag would not last until dawn.
Link Posted: 8/28/2004 5:18:57 PM EDT
[#50]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

I was not kidding at all

I never stated once that he should burn the house down that was an elusion of your imagination, to facilitate was your interplay.

I served for a year with those ass clowns and if you flied a UN flag in my neighborhood, the flag would not last until dawn.

It is interesting to see that you and Michael Moore have the same twisted logic regarding images and their meanings.
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top