Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 22
Posted: 9/18/2023 6:03:50 PM EDT
What the fuck is wrong with people?

DELEON SRPINGS, Fla. - A 78-year-old Florida man allegedly confronted his neighbor – who was trimming trees along their property lines Sunday evening – with a gun to get him off his property, then shot and killed him, authorities said. The neighbor's 8-year-old son was reportedly outside with him when his dad was shot.

https://www.fox35orlando.com/news/deleon-springs-man-78-shoots-kills-florida-neighbor-who-was-trimming-trees-deputies.amp

Police Report:

Link Posted: 9/18/2023 6:05:35 PM EDT
[#1]
You fuck with OG elderly FL Man..u gonna find out.
Link Posted: 9/18/2023 6:06:34 PM EDT
[#2]
Folks get serious over bush and trash cans
Link Posted: 9/18/2023 6:06:46 PM EDT
[#3]
Would the 8 year old have been justified in killing the old man?
Link Posted: 9/18/2023 6:08:01 PM EDT
[#4]

Link Posted: 9/18/2023 6:09:41 PM EDT
[#5]
At least they can't blame the new concealed carry law for this one.
Link Posted: 9/18/2023 6:09:49 PM EDT
[#6]
Important lesson here... guns are not magic wands; and, they're not as threatening as you might think.
Just because you point one at someone, doesn't mean they're magically going to do what you tell them to do.
Link Posted: 9/18/2023 6:10:20 PM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
You fuck with OG elderly FL Man..u gonna find out.
View Quote

According to the arrest affidavit, Druzolowski told deputies he was in his bedroom watching football when his wife told him that their neighbor – Ford -- was cutting branches off one of their trees. He initially brushed it off, but his wife reportedly came back a short time later and said their fence gate was open and that the neighbor was on their property.

Druzolowski told deputies he got his 357 Magnum revolver out of his nightstand and walked outside to the porch to confront his neighbor about being on their property. He reportedly told his neighbor to get off his property to which Ford reportedly told him to "mind your business."

Stay the fuck off another mans property. Im still not sure how/why he was arrested as we can legally shoot trespassers on our property.

Edited strike thru. Its not accurate in its face value as stated.
Link Posted: 9/18/2023 6:10:27 PM EDT
[#8]
He looks like what I expected.

But you do NOT enter someone else's property and proceed to commence to cutting on their tree. And if caught, telling them to piss off is just tossing gas on the fire.

Neighbor from NY originally?
Link Posted: 9/18/2023 6:10:32 PM EDT
[#9]
IF it went down the way the old guy says, it's justified.
Link Posted: 9/18/2023 6:11:20 PM EDT
[#10]
What a dumb way to throw two lives away, especially since they apparently had no previous history of even a verbal confrontation.

For the TLDR crowd this is what's alleged;

-Old dude watching football when wife tells him the neighbor is in his yard

-Old dude comes out with (what sounds like a six shooter) and tells him to GTFO his yard

-Neighbor started walking towards him and old dude shot him, told his wife to call the cops

Dead Neighbor and an old guy who will spend the rest of his waking years in prison.
Link Posted: 9/18/2023 6:11:36 PM EDT
[#11]
What is his screen name?
Link Posted: 9/18/2023 6:11:53 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

According to the arrest affidavit, Druzolowski told deputies he was in his bedroom watching football when his wife told him that their neighbor – Ford -- was cutting branches off one of their trees. He initially brushed it off, but his wife reportedly came back a short time later and said their fence gate was open and that the neighbor was on their property.

Druzolowski told deputies he got his 357 Magnum revolver out of his nightstand and walked outside to the porch to confront his neighbor about being on their property. He reportedly told his neighbor to get off his property to which Ford reportedly told him to "mind your business."

Stay the fuck off another mans property. Im still not sure how/why he was arrested as we can legally shoot trespassers on our property.
View Quote

Link Posted: 9/18/2023 6:12:14 PM EDT
[#13]
Enjoy murder, idiot
Link Posted: 9/18/2023 6:13:19 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

View Quote

You can shoot someone for trespassing in FL?
Link Posted: 9/18/2023 6:13:53 PM EDT
[#15]
Dead guy seemed to be a rude fuck.
But smoking him seems a bit much. Shoulda went back inside, and 911’d the situation.

Just call the cops, and file a trespassing complaint.

Link Posted: 9/18/2023 6:14:05 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

View Quote

What are you about?

We CAN legally shoot trespassers on OUR property in Florida.
Link Posted: 9/18/2023 6:14:35 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

View Quote

You might want to get a refund on your legal degree. I am not a lawyer and did not stay in a a Holiday Inn last night but even I know you can’t shot someone for trimming a tree.
Link Posted: 9/18/2023 6:15:00 PM EDT
[#18]
Any actual evidence of the victim saying a single word or just the statement of the shooter? Of course the shooter standing over the victim with the gun pointed at the guy doesn't look good either.

For those who want to shoot all trespassers, how many dead mailman, amazon drivers, meter readers you have stacked up in your yard? Oh, can't forget all those kids chasing a ball in your yard too.
Link Posted: 9/18/2023 6:17:07 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
View Quote

If it did, it WOULD have been for sure, especially when the guy kept coming at him and wouldn't stop even after the trigger was pulled once.

HOWEVER...and this is why you NEVER OPEN YOUR MOUTH TO THE COPS...he said  "also noted that his neighbor did not have anything in his hands – weapons or otherwise – and did not threaten to harm or kill him"

Now it really comes down to lawfare...just because he didn't threaten to harm or kill him doesn't mean he didn't fear for his life.

What an idiot.
Link Posted: 9/18/2023 6:17:22 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Dead guy seemed to be a rude fuck.
But smoking him seems a bit much. Shoulda went back inside, and 911’d the situation.

Just call the cops, and file a trespassing complaint.
View Quote

If the allegations are true the dead guy seems like he bought his own ticket.

Trespassing to do some yardwork in your neighbors lawn then when he walks out and puts you at gunpoint proceed to charge him

Doesn't change the fact both their lives are over
Link Posted: 9/18/2023 6:17:28 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

View Quote

If they're approaching you with hedge trimmers you probably can.

Link Posted: 9/18/2023 6:17:40 PM EDT
[#22]
Anyone seen kcolg30?
Link Posted: 9/18/2023 6:17:43 PM EDT
[#23]
Guarantee that’s not how it went down. If I had to guess, the guy was picking up clippings that fell on that side of the fence trying to be courteous.
Link Posted: 9/18/2023 6:17:57 PM EDT
[#24]
Under Florida law, you cannot be tried for murder if you were wearing a non-wifebeater tank top at the time of the killing.

Link Posted: 9/18/2023 6:18:11 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

View Quote

Ohhhhh, didn't think about the hedge trimmers part!
Link Posted: 9/18/2023 6:18:27 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
Under Florida law, you cannot be tried for murder if you were wearing a non-wifebeater tank top at the time of the killing.

View Quote

I think there's a shoes clause, too.

Link Posted: 9/18/2023 6:18:27 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
View Quote

He is going to have a hard time proving that. Ford was unarmed and did not threaten him according to his statement. The DA charged him and I am sure expects to win the case.
Link Posted: 9/18/2023 6:18:50 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
Guarantee that’s not how it went down. If I had to guess, the guy was picking up clippings that fell on that side of the fence trying to be courteous.
View Quote

Never had a dick neighbor?

In certain parts they seem to be the rule and not the exception
Link Posted: 9/18/2023 6:19:40 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

View Quote

Quoted:

I think there's a shoes clause, too.

View Quote
And three days meth free.
Link Posted: 9/18/2023 6:19:43 PM EDT
[#30]
Pepper spray would have been a better option.
Link Posted: 9/18/2023 6:19:48 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I’m going with the assumption that the guy that shot a man unnecessarily in front of an eight year old is likely to be the asshole neighbor.
Link Posted: 9/18/2023 6:20:15 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

What are you about?

View Quote

Can you cite that from the Florida statutes somewhere?  
Link Posted: 9/18/2023 6:20:17 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
View Quote

Yup, seems like a whole lot of detail is missing.

Link Posted: 9/18/2023 6:20:28 PM EDT
[#34]

Perfect!
Link Posted: 9/18/2023 6:20:52 PM EDT
[#35]
The wife whipped him up.
Link Posted: 9/18/2023 6:20:55 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

View Quote

Oh yeah, completely reasonable response.

Especially if you believe the accused.

Florida man better hope he checks out before he gets to prison.
Link Posted: 9/18/2023 6:22:00 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Who said he had hedge trimmers? The old guy said he was unarmed and not threatening him.
Link Posted: 9/18/2023 6:22:01 PM EDT
[#38]
Link Posted: 9/18/2023 6:22:15 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

The shooter said the neighbor didn't have anything in his hands...
Link Posted: 9/18/2023 6:22:41 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

I’m going with the assumption that the guy that shot a man unnecessarily in front of an eight year old is likely to be the asshole neighbor.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

A reasonable starting point.
Link Posted: 9/18/2023 6:23:01 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

View Quote

I'm going with the safer assumption they were both asshole neighbors.
Link Posted: 9/18/2023 6:23:14 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

What are you about?

Shhh... I was waiting for him to try it.
Link Posted: 9/18/2023 6:23:15 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
If some dude pulls a gun on me while I’m trimming trees I’m going to apologize and do whatever is needed to defuse the situation until I can arm myself and call the cops.
View Quote

Doesn’t mean much when the asshole drops the hammer on you anyways.
Link Posted: 9/18/2023 6:23:33 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I think you are right. The jury is going to love a man who kills an unarmed man in front of his 8yo son.
Link Posted: 9/18/2023 6:23:44 PM EDT
[#45]
Does anyone ever stop to think about what the BIBLE says about handling such matters with your neighbor?

Old guy handled it completely wrong.

In so many ways.

Makes me wonder how he lived that long with that sort of mindset.
Link Posted: 9/18/2023 6:24:16 PM EDT
[#46]
As usual, a woman is at the center of every tragedy.
Link Posted: 9/18/2023 6:24:19 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

And what a world it would be if you could shoot everyone you perceived to be an asshole.
Link Posted: 9/18/2023 6:24:55 PM EDT
[#48]
Should have hired Mexicans.
Link Posted: 9/18/2023 6:24:59 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
Any actual evidence of the victim saying a single word or just the statement of the shooter? Of course the shooter standing over the victim with the gun pointed at the guy doesn't look good either.

For those who want to shoot all trespassers, how many dead mailman, amazon drivers, meter readers you have stacked up in your yard? Oh, can't forget all those kids chasing a ball in your yard too.
View Quote

Dern kids!
Link Posted: 9/18/2023 6:25:06 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

"Druzolowski said he thought his neighbor would leave his property after he pointed the gun and told him to leave. He said he had the gun for his protection and that he felt safer with it, but also noted that his neighbor did not have anything in his hands – weapons or otherwise – and did not threaten to harm or kill him. "
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 22
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top