Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 3
Link Posted: 8/22/2004 1:31:17 PM EDT
[#1]
Pre-bans will still command a premium here in NY...stupid laws.

From a LEO I know of, the State Police has sent out NO memos, etc about the ban. Apparently, they haven't enforced the local ban much, and see no reason to start alerting people to the Federal demise...

But, either way. To be legal...a premium will be paid here until (if) the law gets repealed.

Link Posted: 8/22/2004 1:57:39 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
Neither will Colt make a slab-sided Sp1 with triangle handguards ever again.

Maybe not Colt, But Armalite is giving serious thought to making an old school SP-1 Triangle furniture rifle.
Link Posted: 8/22/2004 2:18:15 PM EDT
[#3]
Your SEBR is overpriced as much as that "preband" AR15 was.
Link Posted: 8/22/2004 2:23:28 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Maybe not Colt, But Armalite is giving serious thought to making an old school SP-1 Triangle furniture rifle.

Mmmm....that'd be nice.  Might have to throw some of the green stuff Armalite's direction if thats true.
Link Posted: 8/22/2004 2:25:34 PM EDT
[#5]
If you notice I said it was a CAR that said SP1. It had a standard collaplsible stock, 11.5 in barrel with 5 in flash hider. It didn't have the SP1 furniture, it was just an old ass gun. Nothing special
Link Posted: 8/22/2004 2:27:11 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 8/22/2004 2:36:45 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Quoted:
This is probably going to be the only investment I have made that I am going to be happy about loosing money on.

<SIGH!>

Ever get the idea that it is a conspiracy against you, tc6969?  

You're outnumbered. Surrender and admit you've losted!
Link Posted: 8/22/2004 2:54:52 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 8/22/2004 2:55:49 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 8/22/2004 2:59:33 PM EDT
[#10]
Hm. I thought I was clear when I explained it before, I had JUST got done explaining the sunset to him, to no argument but somehow, the news of the ban end didn't quite sink in when it was HIS gun. I was destined to repeat this scene, with only minor variations twice more this week-

Yeah that really is funny.  Kinda like when I was wanting to get in on the SEBR AR-10, and CCA offered me $800 for a Springfield M1A, Super Match, in the box with all the original paperwork...including the original sales slip from 1983.  
Yeah...that was funny.
Link Posted: 8/22/2004 2:59:46 PM EDT
[#11]
I have two preban Colts and a preban Mini 14 GB factory folder. One of the Colts is even triangular with slab side and Nickel "Coltguard" finish.

I've never been so happy to see any of my investments fail!

If this is failure,
Thank you sir! May I have another?
Link Posted: 8/22/2004 3:05:11 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
Hm. I thought I was clear when I explained it before, I had JUST got done explaining the sunset to him, to no argument but somehow, the news of the ban end didn't quite sink in when it was HIS gun. I was destined to repeat this scene, with only minor variations twice more this week-

Yeah that really is funny.  Kinda like when I was wanting to get in on the SEBR AR-10, and CCA offered me $800 for a Springfield M1A, Super Match, in the box with all the original paperwork...including the original sales slip from 1983.  
Yeah...that was funny.

Hahahahahahahahah, it has begun.....

The torch is lit. Let the flames begin!
Link Posted: 8/22/2004 3:07:17 PM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 8/22/2004 3:13:34 PM EDT
[#14]
I think the real fun is going to be in cataloguing the BS sellers fabricate to gull the ignorant into paying a premium for pre-'94 rifles after this September. Table A has a 10/04 mfg EBR with lug & flash hider for $650. Table B has a 10/93 mfg EBR with lug & flash hider for $1475 ($100 more than he paid for it in June 04). What story will seller B tell the buyer to explain the difference? "You ever heard of Carlos Hathcock, son? . . . ."
Link Posted: 8/22/2004 3:14:17 PM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 8/22/2004 3:14:49 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

Yeah...that was funny.

Oh Shit there goes the neighborhood!  Somebody get me a beer and pass the popcorn!
Link Posted: 8/22/2004 3:17:18 PM EDT
[#17]
I'm sorry...was I not suppose to do that?
Link Posted: 8/22/2004 3:18:10 PM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 8/22/2004 3:21:40 PM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 8/22/2004 3:23:24 PM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 8/22/2004 3:24:04 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:
that's really odd.

the dealers up here STILL have those $1500 price tags on their rifles.

i try to explain to them that in 25 days or so their toys won't be worth more than $800 and they just give me this really weird stare.

the funny thing is...most of those fucked up dealers have sat on those overpriced rifles for the last 6-8 years!!!!

supply and demand, my ass!

Well if you guys have noticed there are still OVER PRICED HUNKS OF SHIT on the EE ,Gubroker and other auction sites...I guess they finally realized The ban will indeed set. I hope every one of these jack ass dealers who made the price on these AR's or other preban items shoot through the roof, end up eating their pricey items with a damn cracker....jackasses!!

Hey Juggernaut,

when do you expect to have these A3's in-house? I may make a trip to TN..arent you guys close to Kville?....well, maybe not!!
Link Posted: 8/22/2004 3:29:48 PM EDT
[#22]
I can't believe CCA's still open for business as bad as they screwed over members of this site.

Not to mention having big brass balls for even posting here.

But then again what can you expect from people with no scruples.
Link Posted: 8/22/2004 5:23:08 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

Will you sell me yours for $1260?

J.
Link Posted: 8/22/2004 5:24:05 PM EDT
[#24]
Link Posted: 8/22/2004 7:36:09 PM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:
Yep, a lot of pre-ban owners who paid a premium for the evil features are going to take it in the ass.  Stupid law.

Bendin' over.  As the man said earlier, I bought it to shoot it. I'll never sell it.
AB
Link Posted: 8/22/2004 7:52:01 PM EDT
[#26]
I was in the first batch rifles and I sold my SEBR for what I had in it not long after I received it.  I needed the money more than I needed it and just would not have been able to enjoy it after all the hell CCA made everyone go through by dragging their butts feet.

I however would not have sold it to Juggernaut for $12,600!  Rot Juggernaut!
Link Posted: 8/22/2004 7:55:01 PM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:

Quoted:

J.

Absolutley! Pay me the $1260 and you'll get the rifle in 6 FUCKING MONTHS, all after I give you the impression that I have run off with your money, refuse to answer emails and hire Bagdhad Bob to answer the phones.

Link Posted: 8/22/2004 9:05:52 PM EDT
[#28]
Link Posted: 8/22/2004 10:36:28 PM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Yep, a lot of pre-ban owners who paid a premium for the evil features are going to take it in the ass.  Stupid law.

Bendin' over.  As the man said earlier, I bought it to shoot it. I'll never sell it.
AB

I bought a pre-ban safe queen a couple of years ago. A bunch of people were horrified that i actually SHOT it, much less used it as a field gun.
Link Posted: 8/22/2004 10:43:54 PM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:
I plan on going to the fun show on sep 11/12, I am going to be taking note of prices on several different items, I am not expecting to see much of a change at that one, it is the next how after that where I expect to hear the shit piling up. I imagine that come sep14th there will be FFLs blowing more smoke than a Yugo pulling a bass boat, trying to unload thier preban, tired old and used guns.

Well if I go with you we can take turns offering people with way overpriced "prebans" the money they are really worth.
Link Posted: 8/22/2004 10:49:58 PM EDT
[#31]
What happend with CCA?

I almost bought one of those AR10.  Should I be glad that I didnt?
Link Posted: 8/22/2004 10:52:33 PM EDT
[#32]
Link Posted: 8/22/2004 11:11:38 PM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:
What happend with CCA?

I almost bought one of those AR10.  Should I be glad that I didnt?

Yes.
Link Posted: 8/23/2004 2:41:12 AM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:
If you notice I said it was a CAR that said SP1. It had a standard collaplsible stock, 11.5 in barrel with 5 in flash hider. It didn't have the SP1 furniture, it was just an old ass gun. Nothing special

They're already switching them over! I saw one dealer with two ARs. Both had pre-ban uppers on postban lowers- all used, of course- for $775-$800.
Link Posted: 8/23/2004 4:00:36 AM EDT
[#35]
Link Posted: 8/23/2004 5:01:11 AM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

J.

Absolutley! Pay me the $1260 and you'll get the rifle in 6 FUCKING MONTHS, all after I give you the impression that I have run off with your money, refuse to answer emails and hire Bagdhad Bob to answer the phones.

You’re leaving out 5-6 months there.  You get half upfront too. Avoid questions for 5-6 months.  Then you get to call for the money as if it’s a rush or the delivery will be delayed, give say a week.   Finally now that you've got all the money avoid questions/disappear for another 5-6 months.  Only then is there thoughts of shipping.
Link Posted: 8/23/2004 5:07:38 AM EDT
[#37]
good stories, funny, some people just do not get it
Link Posted: 8/23/2004 6:39:07 AM EDT
[#38]

Quoted:
I guess I really lucked out when I bought my NIB Colt MT6601 preban for $900 back in 1997. First thing I did was install one of the Colt 16" M4 conversion uppers everyone was selling for $400 back then--with bolt carrier and carry handle. Now you're lucky if you can find the 16" Colt M4 barrel for that price. Also installed a Colt 4 position collapsible, which was only $135 back then as well.

BTW I'm in California. After I had a compensator mounted I put the original MT6601 upper on a Bushmaster lower I bought for $250. Sold that frankengun for $1100 just before the Cali AWB went into effect.

My net cost was $585 for an all Colt M4gery

MT6601's were post-ban rifles.

BigDozer66
Link Posted: 8/23/2004 6:55:04 AM EDT
[#39]
I am going to miss the ban.

I funded my whole collection and a lot of other stuff with rifles/pistols bought in the 1980s and sold in the late 1990s.

Come Sept 14, preban uppers go onto my post ban lowers. Folding stocks and flash hiders re-appear and all those post ban AKs and ARs with flash hiders and folders ( other peoples) simply re-emerge from closets. BFD.

As for prices, no big difference between current postbans and post Sept rifles. Preban uppers have been available right along and there is no difference between post ban lowers, pre ban and post Sept 13 lowers.

The interesting thing to watch is what will be the next gang banger special. Will Tec 9s and Mac 9/10s re-appear? What money hungry manufacturer will come up with a cheap hi-cap weapon (that will become the favorite of the ghetto culture? (folding stock Hi-Point with hi-cap mags perhaps?)

It will be interesting to see how the news media will go nuts when the first shooting using a so called unbanned  AW happens. Watch Hollywood start making even more ultra violent movies which glorify shooting and ghetto culture, and as the same time start campaigning for another gun ban.

I hate to say it, but as bad and useless as the current ban is, it may be a hell of a lot better than the next one.
Link Posted: 8/23/2004 6:56:59 AM EDT
[#40]

Quoted:
CCA and SEBR  

Hmmmmm.... must be referring to something that happened before I started frequenting the board.
Cliff Notes for the uninformed?
Link Posted: 8/23/2004 7:11:38 AM EDT
[#41]

Quoted:
I kept my pre-ban,NIB, Belgian Fal sidefolders,my NIB,H&K 91,93,and 94 para stock rifles and 1 hungarian underfoldig AK a Polytech, Legend underfolder and thats about it.I don't think there will be anymore of those coming in so I kept those and sold the others off to buy machineguns.A monkey can build a "Pre-Ban"AR-15 for about $600.00 in a couple of weeks so why would any sane person pay more?Unless it was for a slab side Colt or somthing?

The aforementioned ones were banned in '89 and will still be banned from importation.

BigDozer66
Link Posted: 8/23/2004 7:13:16 AM EDT
[#42]
Here is an interesting twist..........

Current auction on Gunbroker, Buy it now, $2600!!

I know someone out there wants to trade. Who's the lucky sole ??? I have up for auction, not by choice this very collectible ITS Arms pre ban AK-47 pistol. I have not fired the weapon, although the previous owner functioned tested 30 rds. There is not a scratch or ding. 99.9% pure.Very,very few manufactured before ban. The receiver is a B-West very low serial number. It comes with the 40rd clip pictured. Hate to let this one go. I'm a Type 7 / Class II & III dealer. Weapon must ship to your FFL dealer.Actual shipping cost with overnight USPS shipment. I accept PayPal/CC's/Visa/MC/AMEX/Discover/ or certified funds. If you have any questions I'm a phone call or e-mail away. Good luck bidding. GUNS GUNS GUNS !!! These will never be imported into US again so the ASB that is soon to "Sunset" will only increase the value

So what do we have here?  A $79 AMD kit built on an old B-West receiver?  Someone will be able to build this gun in a few weeks for less than $150 worth of parts and he is claiming it will INCREASE in value after sunset.  

Things are going to get interesting in the coming months
Link Posted: 8/23/2004 7:13:29 AM EDT
[#43]

Quoted:
Of course, there will be another Ban (specifics forthcoming) waiting in the wings for the right political moment.

those of you applauding the expiration of the current, Federal Ban may be overlooking the liklihood of the several States enacting even more restrictive Bans in its absence.

There are already plenty in place and more probably on the way.

BigDozer66
Link Posted: 8/23/2004 7:17:33 AM EDT
[#44]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Mmmm....that'd be nice.  Might have to throw some of the green stuff Armalite's direction if thats true.

Just for perspective remember that Colt collectors would rather have the original.

I don't think rifles marked "AR15" will be dropping in price anytime soon. And I will probably pay "preban" priced for a SP1 triangle handguard rifle one day. I still need one.

I believe you are correct.

We will always be able to bend the buyers over in NJ, NY, and others!
j/k

BigDozer66
Link Posted: 8/23/2004 7:23:54 AM EDT
[#45]
Opportunity cost.  It's sad that so few Americans understand anything at all about economics.  Most of the DEALERS I have spoken with recently are still living in this state of denial, however.  They are facing a net loss on their pre-ban rifle investments.  That's business.  They need to take a long view, as in--they raped a lot of people on high-priced mags for ten years, so if they get stuck with some inventory they can't move at their hoped for prices, too bad.  They didn't complain when they cornered the market on used GI 20rnd mags with no finish left and tried (and often succeeded) to get $50+ for them.

Link Posted: 8/23/2004 7:27:43 AM EDT
[#46]
Link Posted: 8/23/2004 7:47:57 AM EDT
[#47]
When I go to non-NY shows I am going to make and  start carrying a sign that says "Pre-Bans" Are now the NEW Post Bans in value" Ask me for more ACCURATE INFORMATION not Dealer "LIES". I should be a popular fellow with some and hated by others. Wanna guess by which? ]

I encourage others to do the same. I may even print out some pamphlets with info that has the source listed as well as contacts to verify it and had them out to guys hanging around the SUR tables.

S.O.
Link Posted: 8/23/2004 7:55:09 AM EDT
[#48]

Quoted:
Here is an interesting twist..........

Current auction on Gunbroker, Buy it now, $2600!!

pix.gunbroker.com/pixhost/2003-11-23/ramend_1069982133_P1010032.JPG

I know someone out there wants to trade. Who's the lucky sole ??? I have up for auction, not by choice this very collectible ITS Arms pre ban AK-47 pistol. I have not fired the weapon, although the previous owner functioned tested 30 rds. There is not a scratch or ding. 99.9% pure.Very,very few manufactured before ban. The receiver is a B-West very low serial number. It comes with the 40rd clip pictured. Hate to let this one go. I'm a Type 7 / Class II & III dealer. Weapon must ship to your FFL dealer.Actual shipping cost with overnight USPS shipment. I accept PayPal/CC's/Visa/MC/AMEX/Discover/ or certified funds. If you have any questions I'm a phone call or e-mail away. Good luck bidding. GUNS GUNS GUNS !!! These will never be imported into US again so the ASB that is soon to "Sunset" will only increase the value

So what do we have here?  A $79 AMD kit built on an old B-West receiver?  Someone will be able to build this gun in a few weeks for less than $150 worth of parts and he is claiming it will INCREASE in value after sunset.  

Things are going to get interesting in the coming months

Without searching for the law on this wouldn't it be illegal to build a 'pistol' on a 'rifle' receiver?
Wouldn't the pictured item be a SBR if built now...after the ban?

I'm sure CampyBob, SteyrAUG or someone would know this off the top of their head.

BigDozer66
Link Posted: 8/23/2004 8:05:29 AM EDT
[#49]
Link Posted: 8/23/2004 8:52:22 AM EDT
[#50]
Colt AR15 will always be worth more than Colt Sporter

Colt Sporter will always be worth more than Colt Match Target

Any NIB preban Colt will always be worth more than any Bushmaster/Armalite/Oly/DPMS.

Colt Sporters will retain their value because they are never going to make any more Colt Sporters.

Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top