Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 5
Link Posted: 6/6/2023 7:45:22 PM EDT
[#1]
Violating Constitutional Rights = No Immunity Shield = Officer Dumbass pays fines out of his own pocket
Link Posted: 6/6/2023 7:46:13 PM EDT
[#2]
So which of our resident TBL is Sgt Mcclure?

With his obvious lack of understanding on basic civil rights he certainly must be one of our members.
Link Posted: 6/6/2023 7:51:55 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
If an LGTBQ person starting yelling “We love trans people” at a Christian event, would they be arrested? We live in an upside down society.
View Quote

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 6/6/2023 7:59:59 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
I want to know what the guy was shouting before the cops showed up and before the camera started recording. Sometimes these "Christians" are their own worst enemy, talking trash then claiming victim when they get arrested. I'm not saying that's what happened here  but I want to see what happened before the video.

ETA: if you're going to PEACEFULLY protest have someone record the WHOLE event start to finish then you have PROOF that you did not break the law.

View Quote

Watch the longer video posted. He walked up and the cop saw the sign and approached him. The guy did nothing wrong. He said the word “God” and the cop arrested him. Clear violation of the First. He should get a big pay day. I would like to see the cop denied qualified immunity because it is such a clear cut violation of his rights. Probably won’t happen but I have to think that a cop should reasonably know he was violating the guys rights.

Link Posted: 6/6/2023 8:02:10 PM EDT
[#5]
Just your friendly neighborhood Chekist/Gestapo/Stasi/Red Guard at your service.

That department should never hear the end of it over this.
Link Posted: 6/6/2023 8:20:18 PM EDT
[#6]
That guy would be an idiot to not sue the city, state, police dept. and each officer.
Link Posted: 6/6/2023 8:23:15 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
I want to know what the guy was shouting before the cops showed up and before the camera started recording. Sometimes these "Christians" are their own worst enemy, talking trash then claiming victim when they get arrested. I'm not saying that's what happened here  but I want to see what happened before the video.

ETA: if you're going to PEACEFULLY protest have someone record the WHOLE event start to finish then you have PROOF that you did not break the law.

View Quote

Talking trash is a protected constitutional right.
Link Posted: 6/6/2023 8:56:10 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

View Quote

It is legal to talk trash.
Link Posted: 6/6/2023 9:01:24 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

With his obvious lack of understanding on basic civil rights he certainly must be one of our members.
View Quote

You win the prize for dumbest post on the internet today!  Not one cop is defending this dude.
Link Posted: 6/6/2023 9:04:40 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
SICK: Christian American Arrested For Reading Bible At Pennsylvania 'Pride' Event

Damon Atkins, a Christian, was arrested this past weekend during a 'Pride' event in Reading, Pennsylvania, for reading the Bible aloud, causing significant controversy over First Amendment rights.

Atkins, who was standing on the outskirts of the Pride event, was reading from 1 Corinthians 14:33, a verse that speaks of peace, when law enforcement intervened and arrested him. "For God is not the author of confusion, but of peace, as in all churches of the saints," the verse reads.

In under a minute of standing on the sidewalk, Atkins found himself in handcuffs.

WATCH:

According to a court document obtained by The Lancaster Patriot, Atkins was charged with "Disorderly Conduct Engage in Fighting." The criminal complaint, provided by the Reading Police Department to The Lancaster Patriot, clarifies that the violation of the Disorderly Conduct statute involves intentionally causing significant public inconvenience, annoyance, or alarm, or recklessly creating a risk thereof.

https://trendingpoliticsnews.com/wp-content/uploads/2023/06/IMG_5284-1.jpeg

It states that Atkins, despite being warned by the police moments earlier, shouted derogatory remarks at an organization holding a permitted event, exhibiting behavior that was threatening, violent, and tumultuous.

"The main reason I was there," he told the Lancaster Patriot, "was because of love. Because Jesus has taught me to love my neighbor as myself." Earlier in the week, he had attended another pride event, where a man approached him and menacingly remarked, "If I had a gun, I would shoot you in the head."

Atkins believed that the message of repentance is often perceived as hateful simply because it does not condone the sinful behavior that is being celebrated by the culture. "What is love? Is it when your pastor tells you that you can be a homosexual and still enter the kingdom of God?" he questioned. "That's not love."

When The Lancaster Patriot interviewed Atkins, he clarified that he had been cited for making "derogatory" comments, even though he was merely quoting passages from the Bible. "In this country, 'God' is now considered a derogatory term," Atkins lamented, expressing his disgust. "It sickens me."

Atkins is scheduled to appear in court on June 16 and is hopeful that Alliance Defending Freedom will provide legal representation for him. Despite feeling discouraged by the pride celebrations in Reading and the conduct of the police officer, Atkins remains resolute in his mission to caution people about the perils of sin. "In the end," Atkins reassured, "all of this will be sorted out."

Twitter reaction in link at top of page.

Quoted:

I saw the longer version, the guy who gets arrested does nothing wrong. The person recording isn't with the guy who was arrested, he happened to come across this pride event when out with his family.

Here is an article with the full video.

https://thepostmillennial.com/christian-man-arrested-after-quoting-bible-at-pennsylvania-pride-march

I saw the original full video on Twitter, this website is something I found after the fact since most people are only posting the short version now.
View Quote

View Quote

And there are still people here who will back the blue regardless.
Link Posted: 6/6/2023 9:15:01 PM EDT
[#11]
I bet if I showed up in a dishdasha and holding a Quran they wouldn’t do shit . We need to start bringing in an army of Muslim to these events
Link Posted: 6/6/2023 9:18:28 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
I guess counter protests are outlawed now.
View Quote

Only when its from the right or Christians.

Think they would arrest antifa for being across from a MAGA event ? Not a chance.

Remember people being accosted and assaulted just getting into Trump events ? I do. That is different.
Link Posted: 6/6/2023 9:18:38 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
I can't believe this was Reading.  I saw the headline and assumed Philly or Pittsburgh, but fucking Reading?
View Quote

Reading city is a lefty fuckhole.

Thankfully the Berks county sheriff at least is solid and great. Our DA is decent too, and will probably shit on Reading PD's little tantrum.
Link Posted: 6/6/2023 9:19:07 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Hope a judge throws out the officers qualified immunity.  What a blatant violation of the 1st Amendment that you cannot get anymore textbook violation that should disqualify the officer QI.
View Quote

Retired 27 LEO veteran and I couldn’t agree with you more. Officer Fatass MsDipshit deserves to lose QI for doing what he did and should be the one personally writing the check to the man whose civil rights he willfully violated, and falsely imprisoned on behalf of a bunch of deviants, not the taxpayer.
Link Posted: 6/6/2023 10:16:49 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

View Quote

GTFO. BLM is allowed to burn cities to the ground, but if a Christian says some Bible verses that hurts the feefees of child predators then book him.

Again, GTFO with that.
Link Posted: 6/6/2023 11:37:47 PM EDT
[#16]
Were the people arrested who blew whistles at MTG and in the ears of her supporters while she was speaking a while back ?
Link Posted: 6/7/2023 12:01:58 AM EDT
[#17]
so fucked up
Link Posted: 6/7/2023 12:10:44 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

You win the prize for dumbest post on the internet today!  Not one cop is defending this dude.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Where did I say it was cops defending this guy?  

I said cops lacking understanding of basic civil rights.   There's like 4 separate threads currently going of cops violating rights and some Arfcops defending their actions.
Link Posted: 6/7/2023 12:19:08 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

View Quote

Man… Act blue doesn’t even try to hide themselves anymore….

How about as long as he isn’t threatening anyone, he has the right to say whatever he pleases while on public streets.
Link Posted: 6/7/2023 12:20:58 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
I'd be willing to bet he gets a payday and rightfully so........
View Quote

Hope so
Link Posted: 6/7/2023 12:24:19 AM EDT
[#21]
Back The Blue, Bitches.
Link Posted: 6/7/2023 1:13:23 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
If an LGTBQ person starting yelling "We love trans people" at a Christian event, would they be arrested? We live in an upside down society.
View Quote
Those pervert bastards do this all the time, and much worse, and nothing is ever done about it.  They are notorious for shouting down, and even attacking, anyone with points of view they disagree with.  Fucking clown world.

Link Posted: 6/7/2023 1:14:10 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
I'd be willing to bet he gets a payday and rightfully so........
View Quote
I sure hope so
Link Posted: 6/7/2023 1:16:02 AM EDT
[#24]
LOL at the stereotypes in that picture; fattie, dyke, and tat girl
Link Posted: 6/7/2023 1:17:25 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

What do you mean?  There is a video in the OP.  That is exactly what happened on the video.
View Quote
I think he was being sarcastic.
Link Posted: 6/7/2023 1:24:46 AM EDT
[#26]
The cops who arrested him should be brought up on charges.  Fucking pieces of shit.
Link Posted: 6/7/2023 2:00:28 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

Think they would arrest antifa for being across from a MAGA event ? Not a chance.

Remember people being accosted and assaulted just getting into Trump events ? I do. That is different.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I guess counter protests are outlawed now.

I member families leaving conservative rallies being deliberately funneled by shitbag cops into antifag crowds. Families with little children.
Link Posted: 6/7/2023 5:26:54 AM EDT
[#28]
Sickening, and even more so that some members on here want to try to suggest simply quoting scripture may make this arrest justified, at least one member here suggesting that, I am not even surprised he would lean towards the perverts.
Link Posted: 6/7/2023 6:16:26 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

For the second time I was questioning the accuracy of the leo's written description of the event.

Y'all are quick to see the enemy everywhere, dang.

View Quote

@tribless
Got ya,  sadly I think most of us are just jaded at times the way the world is.
Link Posted: 6/7/2023 6:28:41 AM EDT
[#30]
Christians get arrested, Pedo's are free to sodomite kids.

The books will be opened soon
Link Posted: 6/7/2023 6:37:53 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
Doubt there will be any payday here.  Charges will be dropped so there will be no lawsuit.
View Quote

He was taken for arraignment on a M3, which normally is handled through summons.  I'm not certain if the defendant was from out of state (which would require arraignment) but he's got a Federal 1983 (think this is correct) action for sure.  My opinion, the lesbian officer was the one offended and the Sgt. is a simp.  Sgt. Simp should be fired ASAP by the municipality.
Link Posted: 6/7/2023 7:28:51 AM EDT
[#32]
We have been expecting things like this, it's going to get worse, much worse.
Link Posted: 6/7/2023 7:50:39 AM EDT
[#33]
Wait until the prosecutor files charges and then hook them both up for conspiracy against rights. Fuck em.
Link Posted: 6/7/2023 8:34:57 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
We have been expecting things like this, it's going to get worse, much worse.
View Quote
agreed
Link Posted: 6/7/2023 10:44:17 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
They'll enthusiastically follow orders to load us onto the train cars, or fema busses.
View Quote

Yep, in a heartbeat.
Link Posted: 6/7/2023 10:56:47 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
Back The Blue, Bitches.
View Quote
that ship has sailed, and it's all their (political masters') fault
Link Posted: 6/7/2023 10:57:53 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
He was taken for arraignment on a M3, which normally is handled through summons.  I'm not certain if the defendant was from out of state (which would require arraignment) but he's got a Federal 1983 (think this is correct) action for sure.  My opinion, the lesbian officer was the one offended and the Sgt. is a simp.  Sgt. Simp should be fired ASAP by the municipality.
View Quote
thank you for the explanation
Link Posted: 6/7/2023 11:39:13 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

The Supreme Court has held that both “incitement” and “fighting words” are not categories of speech protected by the first amendment.

Specifically if it is ”directed to inciting or producing imminent lawless action" and is "likely to incite or produce such action"
or “tend[s] to incite an immediate breach of the peace" by provoking a fight, so long as it is a "personally abusive [word] which, when addressed to the ordinary citizen, is, as a matter of common knowledge, inherently likely to provoke a violent reaction".

Not saying that’s what happened here, just a point of order.
View Quote

What was said that was inciting imminent lawless action? Being offensive or outrageous does not count.

Snyder_v._Phelps
Link Posted: 6/7/2023 11:46:37 AM EDT
[#39]
If that officer was my direct underling, I would kick the shit out of him for writing such a vague, limp-wristed report.  

If you're going to arrest someone under those circumstances, you better be pretty dam specific with regard to what they are saying, else you are just giving away the taxpayers' money, and now you have the world speculating on why you have a job at all.  

Link Posted: 6/7/2023 11:52:56 AM EDT
[#40]
I’ll say it every fucking day. END qualified immunity.
Link Posted: 6/7/2023 12:53:05 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
I'll say it every fucking day. END qualified immunity.
View Quote
Part of the reason no one listens to you is because this isn't what qualified immunity covers.  QI is something like where you make an arrest based on solid probable cause, but it turns out the guy you arrested didn't actually do it.  It doesn't cover blantant misconduct.  You can't just go shoot some random person, and claim QI.  QI covers mistakes that were made in good faith.
Link Posted: 6/7/2023 12:55:38 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
Part of the reason no one listens to you is because this isn't what qualified immunity covers.  QI is something like where you make an arrest based on solid probable cause, but it turns out the guy you arrested didn't actually do it.  It doesn't cover blantant misconduct.  You can't just go shoot some random person, and claim QI.  QI covers mistakes that were made in good faith.
View Quote
Like taking money because they had too much in cash.
Link Posted: 6/7/2023 12:57:47 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

GTFO. BLM is allowed to burn cities to the ground, but if a Christian says some Bible verses that hurts the feefees of child predators then book him.

Again, GTFO with that.
View Quote

Yep.

More 'principled conservative' think.
Link Posted: 6/7/2023 12:57:51 PM EDT
[#44]
what a time to be alive
Crowds riot burn and destroy...get a free pass and paid bail.
Guy reads the Bible and gets the fast track to jail.

Link Posted: 6/7/2023 1:19:26 PM EDT
[#45]
I wonder if the tyrant cop is a catcher or pitcher.
Link Posted: 6/7/2023 1:24:25 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
what a time to be alive
Crowds riot burn and destroy...get a free pass and paid bail.
Guy reads the Bible and gets the fast track to jail.

View Quote

You ain't seen nothing yet.
Link Posted: 6/7/2023 1:42:25 PM EDT
[#47]
I wonder if arrest will be made?

Link Posted: 6/7/2023 2:37:15 PM EDT
[#48]
The time is coming for folks to pick a side.

A lot of people already have.

Link Posted: 6/7/2023 4:50:27 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
That he was shouting scripture makes it more personally disturbing to me, but I can't imagine the justification for that arrest even if he was shouting slurs.
View Quote

Because, to those people, he was shouting slurs. And the world is not as upside down as you want to believe.

Do you think the jews weren't harassed by the greek, who practiced pederasty? Do you think the Romans and their pagan beliefs simply welcomed Christianity with open arms?

This government of ours isn't based on a religious tyranny. It's based on democratic and republican principles. The deck is way stacked. And not in your favor.

Most people in America are perfectly fine living without government intrusion in their lives. They established this nation knowing that they needed to keep the government on a very short leash. What you see on the streets right now is who and what our government is, and it's growing exponentially. Worst if all, it's doing so on our tax dollars and has resorted to printing money they don't even have.

In the meantime, there's no expectations of service, no payment for services rendered, like student loans, and rampant destruction of free enterprise by these people, who are a protected class.

All the things they do are what they do. You wanted the swamp drained. Now, you know the truth of this. That Brady bunch wirld you want to believe in exists only on tv. These people are mostly scum. And, they hate us.

We are the people they are afraid of. We are the terrorist threat. In a godly world they would not even exist.
Link Posted: 6/7/2023 4:57:35 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

What was said that was inciting imminent lawless action? Being offensive or outrageous does not count.

Snyder_v._Phelps
View Quote

I clearly said “not saying that’s what happened here”.

I was responding to the poster who said that trash-talking is perfectly legal. When in fact it very well may not be, depending on what is specifically said and the environment in which it is said.
Page / 5
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top