BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 3
Link Posted: 6/6/2023 6:47:31 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
The Ford Maverick is a compact car manufactured and marketed by Ford for model years 1970–1977 in the United States, originally as a two-door sedan employing a rear-wheel drive platform original to the 1960 Falcon — and subsequently as a four-door sedan on the same platform.

Would you like to know more?

Seriously, though...I just don't understand the reason for the Maverick truck. You have the full-size F150, and the compact Ranger. What's the purpose of the Maverick?
View Quote

The Ranger isn't a ''compact'' truck anymore, just like the Tacoma isn't, they are closer to 1/2 ton size then a ''compact.''

Link Posted: 6/6/2023 7:09:30 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

The Ranger isn't a ''compact'' truck anymore, just like the Tacoma isn't, they are closer to 1/2 ton size then a ''compact.''

View Quote

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 6/6/2023 7:20:43 AM EDT
[#3]
I was very interested in them initially but they are an entry level made in Mexico newish model ford, so in all likelihood in a few years it will become apparent that they are a piece of shit.
Link Posted: 6/6/2023 7:44:57 AM EDT
[#4]
I’ve put 46k on my 22 hybrid since April 7 of last year. Never seen less than 34-ish mpg, and that was wintertime, interstate, into the wind at 75mph.

I hated my 22 Frontier so much that I actually paid for an early lease turn in.
Link Posted: 6/6/2023 8:00:02 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Quoted:
All hybrid mavericks are on a stop sale pending a recall.  If the engine blows a whole in the block, it can fill the engine compartment with flammable fluids and gases and catch on fire. The engine compartment is fairly sealed for aerodynamics, they already did one recall to improve airflow in engine compartment
How do you improve airflow with this birds nest?

https://preview.redd.it/find-me-an-uglier-engine-bay-2023-ford-maverick-v0-ix4moczahwna1.jpg?width=640&crop=smart&auto=webp&s=0d7edf6554eb507bbf6adb19336943a3b4cd5cbb

That’s not the motor under recall first off

They look cluttered, but it’s not so bad once you get into it

I’m not saying it’s good, but I’ve had a 1.6 down to the short block in the car, which is very similar. It’s workable. The maverick engine bay is bigger than what most other cars/suvs that have that engine are anyways
Link Posted: 6/6/2023 8:23:20 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Ford needs to bring back the old small single cab to small extended cab trucks

It seems like the Maverick is the size of a F150 from the early/mid 2000's. Cars and trucks are just bigger today.
View Quote

Exactly!!! Most of the trucks sold today sit so high up, lots of people just refuse to buy a new truck. Someone needs to start making small trucks again.
Link Posted: 6/6/2023 8:24:48 AM EDT
[#7]
If you want one be prepared to show up at the dealer on July 17th.

Last year the order books for hybrids were open 5 days.

Ford doesn’t make much on the XL and that one is the most constrained.

Link Posted: 6/6/2023 8:32:27 AM EDT
[#8]

A grinder and a JEGS catalogue to install a muscle car hood scoop??

Damn that pic is unappealing
Link Posted: 6/6/2023 8:32:28 AM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 6/6/2023 8:36:17 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

View Quote

So what would be the best package to order to guarantee I don't get rolled and actually get a delivery. Also what's the delivery time? Next year?

Link Posted: 6/6/2023 8:41:41 AM EDT
[#11]
Ordered 9/16/22
XLT Hybrid
I have build date week of 7/17

Ordered from PA dealer 1% under invoice
Link Posted: 6/6/2023 8:49:24 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

It’s under recall

https://www.mavericktruckclub.com/forum/attachments/1685567770816-png-png.107349/

Frankly it’s probably had a few
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

It’s under recall

https://www.mavericktruckclub.com/forum/attachments/1685567770816-png-png.107349/

Quoted:

All hybrid mavericks are on a stop sale pending a recall.  If the engine blows a whole in the block, it can fill the engine compartment with flammable fluids and gases and catch on fire. The engine compartment is fairly sealed for aerodynamics, they already did one recall to improve airflow in engine compartment

It will never cease to amaze me the amount of herp and derp car threads bring out here. Reading the actual recall letter you posted would be a good start. SOME hybrids are under stop sale. For example I am literally getting a hybrid delivered to my dealership as I type this that is not under this recall. This recall covers 124,000 total vehicles including escapes and lincolns. There are a ton more hybrid escapes and lincolns than mavericks out there.

OP to answer your question yes you will have to order one unless you want to pay $5-10k over sticker. The demand is through the roof and will probably stay that way for another couple years. Like others have said have an order ready to go when the order bank opens bc they will sell out again. Last time the hybrid order bank was open 5 days and the gas one was 6.

<=== 18 years selling Fords
Link Posted: 6/6/2023 9:02:48 AM EDT
[#13]
Wow, another thread where a lot of people who have never sat in one, let alone have one, talk like experts on them. I ordered my hybrid model in Sept and picked it up in April. I paid $500 under MSRP. Just over 3k miles on mine so far and I really like it. Averaging mid 40’s and sometimes getting 50mpg on daily driving and around 38 on interstate if I’m driving 80+.  I drive mainly on eco mode which obviously is lacking but Sport mode has plenty of acceleration for when I need it. Wife didn’t like it at all until I picked it up and she rode in it. Now she’s saying it’s what she may want as her new vehicle.  I didn’t buy this to haul big ass campers/boats. I bought it for a daily driver that is is cheap on gas, can comfortably fit 4 on longer trips or 5 on short, and can also haul smaller things around. I’ve had small cars/suvs so long I had forgotten how nice to not borrow a truck to do truck things like hauling scrap off from my house remodel and picking up supplies.

I knew going in there would be recalls. What manufacturer has put out a new model that has had no recalls?  If you have any question OP feel free to reach out. You won’t get much good info from these guys.
Link Posted: 6/6/2023 9:05:22 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

Exactly!!! Most of the trucks sold today sit so high up, lots of people just refuse to buy a new truck. Someone needs to start making small trucks again.
View Quote

Umm, that’s exactly what this is. It’s a small quasi truck with 4 doors. I’m 5’6 and can grab things from the side of the bed. No climbing on the wheel anymore for me.
Link Posted: 6/6/2023 9:10:14 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

It’s under recall

View Quote

_Matt_

Maybe it’ll show up at some point but……

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 6/6/2023 9:35:03 AM EDT
[#16]
If I were in the market for a "not a truck truck" I would choose a Hyundai then a Ridgeline

Link Posted: 6/6/2023 9:36:09 AM EDT
[#17]
I also heard that they arent even demoing them or selling them until Q4
Link Posted: 6/6/2023 9:41:29 AM EDT
[#18]
With the exception of hauling my horses, my Ridgeline has completely sidelined my F250.   Ridgeline rides better, has better storage, tows well, and gets decent fuel economy.
Link Posted: 6/6/2023 10:27:16 AM EDT
[#19]
The mavericks main appeal is its low price.

The low supply has caused people to decide to pay too much for one IMO. Once you pay much over  msrp, say in to the low to mid 30’s, there are lots of options.  The Frontier, Tacoma, Santa Cruz, Colorado, Ranger.
That being said I have one ordered with an msrp of $26,000. If it was $36,000 I’d look at other options closely but wouldn’t pay that for my Maverick.
Once supply catches up you might end up underwater on it loan wise.
Link Posted: 6/6/2023 10:51:41 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
The mavericks main appeal is its low price.

The low supply has caused people to decide to pay too much for one IMO. Once you pay much over  msrp, say in to the low to mid 30’s, there are lots of options.  The Frontier, Tacoma, Santa Cruz, Colorado, Ranger.
That being said I have one ordered with an msrp of $26,000. If it was $36,000 I’d look at other options closely but wouldn’t pay that for my Maverick.
Once supply catches up you might end up underwater on it loan wise.
View Quote

At the rate they are selling loans will be paid off before supply catches up. It will be years before there is actual "inverntory". Last i saw the take rate(ordered and delivered to the same person) was in the 90+percent range. We've had exactly one person not take one and that was bc they were buried in their trade and I couldn't get them financed.
Link Posted: 6/6/2023 10:55:25 AM EDT
[#21]
Bought one for my sister, it has been in the shop 6 darn times so far. Once went to pick it up and when they brought it up, flipped a light and they had to work on it for another week. Worst POS I’ve seen. Inside looked nice and I hoped it would be a good option for her, but I was dead wrong, if it breaks again I’m trading it in for something more reliable for her.
Link Posted: 6/6/2023 11:22:52 AM EDT
[#22]
I saw my first one last night at a stoplight.  My first impression is that it was cute.  A little baby truck.  I am not a truck guy (I prefer real SUVs) and was pondering how someone would use that.

I have a 6' x 12' trailer that I can use for some items and I probably got a storm door in my SUV two years ago.

My gut feeling is that having fuel economy as the prime factor may work out against you.  How you use it and what size bed is needed to meet those needs should be paramount.
Link Posted: 6/6/2023 11:35:02 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

So what would be the best package to order to guarantee I don't get rolled and actually get a delivery. Also what's the delivery time? Next year?

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Ecoboost engine (non hybrid)
2wd
Xlt
Nothing constrained, which does change from time to time

But I got a 4K tow awd fx4 in less than 6 months
Link Posted: 6/6/2023 11:36:58 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

_Matt_

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/420318/IMG_2739_jpeg-2841951.JPG
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

It’s under recall

_Matt_

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/420318/IMG_2739_jpeg-2841951.JPG

They won’t have a fix until the end of the year
I suspect it will show up later
Link Posted: 6/6/2023 11:39:59 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
I saw my first one last night at a stoplight.  My first impression is that it was cute.  A little baby truck.  I am not a truck guy (I prefer real SUVs) and was pondering how someone would use that.

I have a 6' x 12' trailer that I can use for some items and I probably got a storm door in my SUV two years ago.

My gut feeling is that having fuel economy as the prime factor may work out against you.  How you use it and what size bed is needed to meet those needs should be paramount.
View Quote

Sounds like OP already did the exercise and has plans on how to make the Maverick work for the uses he has.
Link Posted: 6/6/2023 11:40:04 AM EDT
[#26]
Ehhhh
Link Posted: 6/6/2023 11:41:54 AM EDT
[#27]
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/371838/OIP1_jpg-2841866.JPG

Do the older trucks
Link Posted: 6/6/2023 11:42:38 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
What I have heard is that you should wait for the Toyota stout which should be built on the rav4 platform.
View Quote

Has there been any real info or confirmation on that? I haven’t seen any.
Link Posted: 6/6/2023 11:45:12 AM EDT
[#29]
Re-using the model name Maverick will not turn out to be a wise marketing decision.

Some of us are old enough to remember the original Ford Maverick.

1970 Ford Maverick commercial

Link Posted: 6/6/2023 11:48:22 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
Re-using the model name Maverick will not turn out to be a wise marketing decision.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zo7_FCZX8w8
View Quote

They seem to be selling just fine.

The people who would bitch about the name wouldn't buy it anyways because it's not 20k with a diesel engine, roll up windows and no AC.
Link Posted: 6/6/2023 11:57:24 AM EDT
[#31]
I just saw one a few hours ago and got a good look.

That's all I can talk about, know nothing else of it.

Small, low, and very car looking, my 85 F150 looked better then this.

Reminded me of that car from the 70s that had a truck bed in it.
Link Posted: 6/6/2023 12:04:06 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
The Ford Maverick is a compact car manufactured and marketed by Ford for model years 1970–1977 in the United States, originally as a two-door sedan employing a rear-wheel drive platform original to the 1960 Falcon — and subsequently as a four-door sedan on the same platform.

Seriously, though...I just don't understand the reason for the Maverick truck. You have the full-size F150, and the compact Ranger. What's the purpose of the Maverick?
View Quote

@BloodRaven
A MUCH cheaper vehicle . A fully loaded Mavrick is 39k, A comperable ranger is 49k , taxes would be significant on either but 10k is 550 here on taxes, plus yearly ownership taxes so first years taxes would be somewhere around 2k for mavrick, vs 2500 for ranger. BUT they also soak you every year for 4 more years for a decreasing percentage of vehicle price in ME, so 2nd year would be 1500 for mavrick while ranger woudl be 2000.

for a mostly loaded crewcab lariat F150 (there are higher trims) .. YIKES that is 73k, making taxes on the sale 1700, plus ownership taxes yearly 3k ish.

factor in fuel economy (15000 miles a year , 3.50 a gallon)
The ranger gets 2386 for  a yearly fuel bill,
Mavrick  @ 38 MPG, equals 1381 yearly,
F150 (2.7 ecoboost, the 5.0 and 3.5 are worse) is 21 combined so your yearly gas bill is 2500.

Change to base models and a base mavrick is 25k, while the base ranger is 35k.
Link Posted: 6/6/2023 12:04:38 PM EDT
[#33]

ITT People who have never worked on cars show up.  I agree with Matt. Most all modern engines look like that under the decorative covers.  The engine bay of the Maverick is actually pretty spacious.

Looked into the recall, it was like 17 engines out of a million.  Rod makes a window, but the battery allows you to keep moving, pumping all sorts of oil and gas around the engine bay vs. a traditional ICE that dies and stops.

I'm not worried
Link Posted: 6/6/2023 12:28:28 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

The people who would bitch about the name wouldn't buy it anyways because it's not 20k with a diesel engine, roll up windows and no AC.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yeah I think he’s in lala land. These things are selling like crazy and he thinks the name is going to change that. I’d bet that most people buying them aren’t even aware of the original Maverick. I just don’t see someone passing on it because of the name.
Link Posted: 6/6/2023 2:12:17 PM EDT
[#35]
Just built up my "old man" truck. Kinda what I think I would buy as an old man. XL F150, standard cab, 2wd with V8. $39,000
Ouch.
About 25k for the XL Maverick
30k for the XL ranger.
Link Posted: 6/6/2023 2:21:42 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
Just built up my "old man" truck. Kinda what I think I would buy as an old man. XL F150, standard cab, 2wd with V8. $39,000
Ouch.
About 25k for the XL Maverick
30k for the XL ranger.
View Quote

I do miss the days of getting specced out XLT F150s with either the 3.5 or v8 (buyers choice!) for 37k OTD back in the 2017-2019 era.
Link Posted: 6/6/2023 3:48:20 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

Yeah I think he's in lala land. These things are selling like crazy and he thinks the name is going to change that. I'd bet that most people buying them aren't even aware of the original Maverick. I just don't see someone passing on it because of the name.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yeah I think he's in lala land. These things are selling like crazy and he thinks the name is going to change that. I'd bet that most people buying them aren't even aware of the original Maverick. I just don't see someone passing on it because of the name.

They're obviously not being marketed to people around my age.  To me the name Ford Maverick brings back negative memories almost as vivid as Ford Pinto or Chevrolet Vega.
Link Posted: 6/6/2023 3:58:30 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

View Quote

Link Posted: 6/6/2023 4:15:06 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

Marginally

I'm not okay with overpaying for anything but I'm just looking at all the options $30k buys today. If I were to go the Maverick route then I would do the "order for close to msrp" option on July 17th as stated by another poster, which wasn't known to me until this thread.  

So far I find it interesting no one has even mentioned the Nissan Frontier.

View Quote

I love my 2017 Frontier. It's been trouble free.
Link Posted: 6/6/2023 4:17:08 PM EDT
[#40]
It's a Ford, don't buy it.
Link Posted: 6/6/2023 4:20:13 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
With the exception of hauling my horses, my Ridgeline has completely sidelined my F250.   Ridgeline rides better, has better storage, tows well, and gets decent fuel economy.
View Quote

I just bought a new Ridgeline last week. I love it. Was blown away by it after driving it.
Link Posted: 6/6/2023 4:31:50 PM EDT
[#42]
I had one as a loaner when our expedition was in the body shop. I was excited to see what it was like. They are small. Like really small. Essentially a Ford focus with a pickup bed instead of a trunk or hatch.

I could see it being a great vehicle for a lot of people, but for 6'3 me, and two kids in car seats in the back, the interior space left a lot to be desired, especially compared to the Expedition we are used to.
Link Posted: 6/6/2023 4:36:58 PM EDT
[#43]
Mine should be delivered this week or next. XLT eccoboost. Mine was ordered Sept 2022.
Link Posted: 6/6/2023 5:04:39 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

They're obviously not being marketed to people around my age.  To me the name Ford Maverick brings back negative memories almost as vivid as Ford Pinto or Chevrolet Vega.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I understand what you’re saying I just think you are putting way too much weight on the name. These things are selling like crazy.
Link Posted: 6/6/2023 5:12:08 PM EDT
[#45]
Maverick is part of Fords recall.

The recall is an expansion from a July 2022 recall of 100,000 Escape, Corsair and Maverick trucks in the U.S. following 23 reported incidents of fire or smoke stemming from a suspected block or oil pan breach.
Link Posted: 6/6/2023 6:05:25 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

View Quote

I’m 56 and I remember the Maverick car very well. I never liked them but the new vehicle shares nothing in common with it but the name. I would have preferred a name like courier but doesn’t matter much to me.
Link Posted: 6/6/2023 6:17:37 PM EDT
[#47]
Toyota is supposed to be coming out with a competitor to the maverick.
Link Posted: 6/6/2023 6:24:32 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

I understand what you’re saying I just think you are putting way too much weight on the name. These things are selling like crazy.
View Quote

In the day and age where manufacturers can just combine random letters and numbers on a whim I think we’ve long gone past the point of names mattering.

Introducing the Ford ghf657, coming in 2025!
Link Posted: 6/6/2023 6:35:00 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
Toyota is supposed to be coming out with a competitor to the maverick.
View Quote

The Stout

I would bet it's gonna e better than the Maverick but I don't think  it's gonna work for my time frame
Link Posted: 6/6/2023 6:42:39 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

The Stout

I would bet it's gonna e better than the Maverick but I don't think  it's gonna work for my time frame
View Quote

Toyota has been going hard all year dropping teasers for everything new. If there hasn’t been much but rumors that it might be coming out you’d be looking at a 2025 release if not later.
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top