Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Posted: 2/2/2023 4:16:37 AM EDT
Been playing around w/ this map, and if their data is accurate, Idahoans are the most privileged Americans - with just 10 permits, one Enhanced Idaho Resident carry permit and 9 other non-resident permits, they can carry in 48 states & DC, all but California & New York.

https://www.usacarry.com/concealed-carry-permit-reciprocity-maps/

Taxing the 2nd Amendment - $8149.00 to Carry in 44 States & D.C. - Husband & Wife

With 10 permits, as a Texan, I can only get to 47 states - California, Oregon, & New York are verboten.

The map has a peculiar bug in it at the moment - enter the non-resident permits first, then the resident permit.  USA Carry is working on fixing it, but that's the workaround.  They've already fixed it for Texas residents, but not for Idaho yet.

If you go into the state permit information, you'll find out that many states don't issue non-resident permits, or only issue them to active-duty military personnel.  Oregon & Illinois only issue non-resident permits to people from certain states.  California & New York don't issue non-resident permits and don't recognize out of state permits at all.  And Colorado doesn't recognize non-resident permits, and only recognizes resident permits from certain states - so Californians & New Yorkers can't carry in Colorado or Illinois.

ETA:  Corrected NY - post NYSRPA, while now effectively shall issue, it sounds like you have to own land or a business, or work there to get a non-resident permit.

ETA:  B/c of California, Oregon, Colorado, & Illinois, the 6 states that can make it to 47 are Arkansas, California, Mississippi, Nevada,Texas, and Virginia, Idaho of course being able to add Oregon, like Nevada, but Nevada loses Colorado.

Outside of Idaho and her 6 slightly poorer sisters, I think the rest of the states can only make it to 46 states to carry in, and some can only make it to 45.
Link Posted: 2/2/2023 4:28:54 AM EDT
[#1]
That’s awesome. Fuck Oregon.
Link Posted: 2/2/2023 4:40:11 AM EDT
[#2]
With just the enhanced carry permit, I think we get 34 or 36 states.
Link Posted: 2/2/2023 4:42:22 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 2/2/2023 4:56:08 AM EDT
[#4]
Interesting that with AZ resident I have 37 states, but by adding an Idaho non-resident, I pick up WA and MN
Link Posted: 2/2/2023 5:03:49 AM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote

It’s not awesome.

The second amendment says no “permit” is required, yet here we are celebrating having to carry 11+ pieces of paper, and being required to spend how much money on that paper?

Link Posted: 2/2/2023 5:05:53 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Been playing around w/ this map, and if their data is accurate, Idahoans are the most privileged Americans - with just 11 permits, one Enhanced Idaho Resident carry permit and 10 other non-resident permits, they can carry in 49 states & DC, all but California.

https://www.usacarry.com/concealed-carry-permit-reciprocity-maps/

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5pAZAdbQafk

With 11 permits, as a Texan, I can only get to 48 states - California AND Oregon are verboten.

The map has a peculiar bug in it at the moment - enter the non-resident permits first, then the resident permit.  USA Carry is working on fixing it, but that's the workaround.

If you go into the state permit information, you'll find out that many states don't issue non-resident permits, or only issue them to active-duty military personnel.  Oregon & Illinois only issue non-resident permits to people from certain states.  California doesn't issue non-resident permits and doesn't recognize out of state permits at all.  And Colorado doesn't recognize non-resident permits, and only recognizes resident permits from certain states - so Californians can't carry in Colorado or Illinois.
View Quote

California non-resident permits exist, but are not very well known or commonly issued.  They are for people who work or have a business in California to which they physically travel but who live outside of CA.  They are only valid for 6 months, IIRC.  Also, IIRC, they are only valid in the county of issuance, much like the also-uncommon open carry permits, but I could be wrong about that one.  If someone from Idaho was regularly traveling into California for work (trucker, maybe?; almost certainly would have to be in the transportation industry) he might be able to get one or more permits and be able to carry through part of CA.  Also, some parts of CA allow open carry without a permit regardless of residency (unincorporated areas where discharge is not unlawful).

But for the typical person, yeah, you can't carry legally outside of the boonies or private property not open to the public in CA.  Someone should file a lawsuit over that, as that is a clear violation of the equal protection clause, IMO, and almost certainly under the original understanding, too, and not just the expansive version that prevails today due to judicial activism.
Link Posted: 2/2/2023 5:07:04 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

It’s not awesome.

The second amendment says no “permit” is required, yet here we are celebrating having to carry 11+ pieces of paper, and being required to spend how much money on that paper?

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

It’s not awesome.

Yeah, I don't think permits comport with the RKBA, but we'd need a stronger pro-RKBA majority on SCOTUS to get there judicially, most likely.
Link Posted: 2/2/2023 5:44:10 AM EDT
[#8]
With my one permit, I can carry in 40.  

That's good enough, especially since I have no desire to visit the 10 non-reciprocity shitholes.
Link Posted: 2/2/2023 6:01:59 AM EDT
[#9]
Edit they show Mass non resident ltc in vid. I just want to point out you have to have one for the peoples republic of mass. so no one gets stuffed up.

non resident cannot carry in mass unless you have a mass non resident LTC. Mass is not reciprocal with any other state. so add one to your list that you cannot carry in. $100 a year and have to apply in person in boston. (while I hope things have changed I have not heard anything.)
Link Posted: 2/2/2023 6:12:56 AM EDT
[#10]
Meanwhile, FL Republicans can't even introduce a real Constitutional Carry bill and still outlaws open carry along with NY and IL.
Link Posted: 2/2/2023 6:26:52 AM EDT
[#11]
Does South Carolina issue non resident permits? I thought they did not reciprocate with anyone.
Link Posted: 2/2/2023 6:27:59 AM EDT
[#12]
I think you can carry anywhere but you have got to run silent run deep and must be a fairly good liar.
And then there are those that have that first felony and don’t care.
Millions of crooks and criminals can’t be wrong.
I’m going to have to really study this next time I take a road trip.
Link Posted: 2/2/2023 6:47:28 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
It’s not awesome.

View Quote

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 2/2/2023 6:59:04 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Interesting that with AZ resident I have 37 states, but by adding an Idaho non-resident, I pick up WA and MN
View Quote

AZ doesn’t have resident and non-resident permits. They just have the same permit for everyone. They are doing it right.
Link Posted: 2/2/2023 7:28:29 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
With my one permit, I can carry in 40.  

That's good enough, especially since I have no desire to visit the 10 non-reciprocity shitholes.
View Quote
  Yeah, MS enhanced gets me to 36 states. The other 14 can fuck right off. They're shit holes anyway.
Link Posted: 2/2/2023 7:34:23 AM EDT
[#16]
Interesting, but I have no desire to go through the Rube Goldberg process necessary to get 11 permits in my wallet.
Link Posted: 2/2/2023 7:43:38 AM EDT
[#17]
A what, now?...
Link Posted: 2/2/2023 8:21:29 AM EDT
[#18]
lol permits
Link Posted: 2/2/2023 8:22:50 AM EDT
[#19]
Meanwhile it's still extremely difficult to even obtain a carry permit in nj.
Link Posted: 2/2/2023 8:37:47 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Meanwhile it's still extremely difficult to even obtain a carry permit in nj.
View Quote

Why? So you can carry a revolver with wadcutters?
Link Posted: 2/2/2023 8:44:19 AM EDT
[#21]
So, they could legally carry in NYC?

As stated above, there should be no permit required anywhere in the US,
Link Posted: 2/2/2023 9:00:10 AM EDT
[#22]
Michigan permit is only not valid in:

California, Connecticut, District of Columbia, Guam, Hawaii, Illinois, Maryland, Massachusetts, New Jersey, New York, Oregon, Puerto Rico, Rhode Island, Virgin Islands, American Samoa, N. Mariana Islands

Getting a permit to CCW is for the birds, but it is fairly straightforward and relatively low cost.
Link Posted: 2/2/2023 9:02:21 AM EDT
[#23]
They are not carrying in NYS without a permit from NY.  If they own property in NY they can get a permit while still being a resident of another state.  That last crack in the Sullivan Act anti gun armor is just a few years old.

If something else transpired opening the door wide open to get a NYS permit I am not aware of it.
Link Posted: 2/2/2023 9:06:15 AM EDT
[#24]
Licenses are like masks.  Soothing to the mindless.
Link Posted: 2/2/2023 9:07:39 AM EDT
[#25]
I would not rely on some interweb map to determine where I wouldn’t be arrested for a misdemeanor or felony.  Their information is flawed on NY.  

Link Posted: 2/2/2023 9:08:00 AM EDT
[#26]
The second class citizens have a lot of work to avoid infringements.

Other citizens, not so much.
Link Posted: 2/2/2023 9:18:34 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

Why? So you can carry a revolver with wadcutters?
View Quote

If that is all I had that is actually a better round than a .38 LRN.  A big wide flat meplat tears flesh.   A solid wadcutter has assloads of penetration.   A hollow base WC may be iffy especially since they have to be low power to not leave a skirt in the bore after the center ruptures.  Flip the HBWC around and you have a huge hollow point that will most surely open but you will lose penetration.  

A plus P solid wad cutter will exit right out the back.
Link Posted: 2/2/2023 9:27:24 AM EDT
[#28]
that info is not functionally accurate

MA honors no other state permit

non-residents can get a MA permit but you have to apply in person, it is only good for 1 year and it takes 6 months to get and you have to renew in person

and it is not shall issue to carry concealed.

good luck with that
Link Posted: 2/2/2023 9:31:44 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

It’s not awesome.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

It’s not awesome.

Attachment Attached File

Also this.
Link Posted: 2/2/2023 9:41:35 AM EDT
[#30]
Slightly off topic but related.........

I think its unfair that if you find yourself in a state with laws out of synch with the rest of the US ( assault rifle restrictions, mag capacity restrictions etc ) and fall foul of the law - not only do you have a criminal record in that state, you have a criminal record when you go to another state where the offense would not have been an offense there.

Link Posted: 2/2/2023 9:52:18 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
that info is not functionally accurate

MA honors no other state permit

non-residents can get a MA permit but you have to apply in person, it is only good for 1 year and it takes 6 months to get and you have to renew in person

and it is not shall issue to carry concealed.

good luck with that
View Quote

I didn't watch the video, but the thumbnail shows a MA permit.  Lots of all lawful purpose permits being reported by those who jump through MA's hoops--every fricken year.

I'm not jumping through MA's hoops or paying them any money.  I'm only in MA twice a year to hang out with my parents.  I simply don't spend any money while I'm there as I don't want to add to MA's tax coffers.

As far as the premise of the video, it's not a win.  It's a total loss and a whole bunch of bullshit.  Look at all the hoops that idiot had to jump through just to exercise a right.  All the money he has to pay other states-fuck that.  It's better to simply not visit any state that doesn't honor your own permit or have CC.

Link Posted: 2/2/2023 9:55:18 AM EDT
[#32]
They are almost actual Americans.

Link Posted: 2/2/2023 9:55:52 AM EDT
[#33]
Colorado needs to get itself unfucked.

Also, does the second amendment only apply in your home state? How is it not a violation of the ruling to deny non-residents a protected and incorporated right?
Link Posted: 2/2/2023 9:57:11 AM EDT
[#34]
That's a pretty good map.

ID Resident Enhanced gets you some more States over FL. Fl Dept of Ag needs to get to work.
Link Posted: 2/2/2023 10:02:11 AM EDT
[#35]
How would I get a permit that would let me carry in Chicago? I thought that was basically impossible.
Link Posted: 2/2/2023 10:03:27 AM EDT
[#36]
I gotta keep throwing money at GRNC. It is possible that we’ll get rid of both the pistol purchase permit and the CCW permit. Both will require an override of the governors veto. We only need ONE dem to do it and I bet there are a couple in the east that might flip.
Link Posted: 2/2/2023 10:03:47 AM EDT
[#37]
lol

Amusing that TX and NH don't honor each other's permits, but NH is full CC.
Link Posted: 2/2/2023 10:14:37 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
View Quote

Last summer I drove from Minnesota to Oregon. I couldn't carry in Oregon, and I have to have a permit for my home state. Otherwise it was allowed simply because I was a law abiding citizen.
Link Posted: 2/2/2023 10:15:11 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
Slightly off topic but related.........

I think its unfair that if you find yourself in a state with laws out of synch with the rest of the US ( assault rifle restrictions, mag capacity restrictions etc ) and fall foul of the law - not only do you have a criminal record in that state, you have a criminal record when you go to another state where the offense would not have been an offense there.

View Quote

I honestly don't see how the Feds and States other than that with jurisdiction over a case can constitutionally punish a crime from another jurisdiction.  Seems an awful lot like a bill of attainder the way they go about prohibited persons doctrine.
Link Posted: 2/2/2023 10:57:10 AM EDT
[#40]
The video in the O.P. is mine.

Having those permits isn't win. I did it to show how gun owners rights are trampled and how costly it is if you want to try and exercise your rights throughout the U.S.

The cost varies greatly depending on where you live and your state of residence.

For those who say "carry without a permit". You do you.

Depending on the state, if I get arrested once for carrying without a permit these are my prize options:

1) Spend time in jail
2) Bail and legal fees will easily exceed 7k
3) Possibly become a prohibited prohibited person
4) Lose my FFL/Business

For those who say "why get permits for antigun states? Just avoid them". You do you.

We travel. We take vacations, We travel for business purposes. We take our kids places. We try to enjoy life. We leave our house and we leave our state. We love this Country and enjoy seeing it.

Being forced to jump through these hoops to exercise our rights is tyranny. Its 100% unconstitutional. Acquiring these permits is stay out of jail insurance, nothing more. It does not mean I endorse permits, fees, training, and hurdles. Every state should be permitless carry.

I'll continue to fight laws that restrict our 2A rights and at the same time I'll do my very best to stay out of jail.
Link Posted: 2/2/2023 10:59:48 AM EDT
[#41]
How can you carry in NY if you live out of state? I thought they didn't issue non-resident.
Link Posted: 2/2/2023 11:15:37 AM EDT
[#42]
How do we get a lawsuit pushing the "full faith and credit" angle like drivers licenses?
Link Posted: 2/2/2023 11:20:55 AM EDT
[#43]
If one were to carry in DC, where could you actually carry?
Link Posted: 2/2/2023 11:23:05 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
Does South Carolina issue non resident permits? I thought they did not reciprocate with anyone.
View Quote

SC is a pain in the ass. I can carry from VA to FL except them.
Link Posted: 2/2/2023 11:30:30 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
How would I get a permit that would let me carry in Chicago? I thought that was basically impossible.
View Quote

Illinois started issuing concealed Carry permits a few years ago.
Not sure about non residents, but maybe they give non-resident permits. An illinois permit would be valid in Chicago.
Link Posted: 2/2/2023 11:30:38 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

SC only issues non-resident permits to those who own property in SC but don't reside full-time (as well as military personnel stationed here).
Link Posted: 2/2/2023 11:35:21 AM EDT
[#47]
What if you carry something that holds more than 10 rounds?
Link Posted: 2/2/2023 11:41:13 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

View Quote

Quoted:

SC only issues non-resident permits to those who own property in SC but don't reside full-time (as well as military personnel stationed here).
View Quote

Georgia has tried for years to get reciprocity with SC to no avail. Stupid that a neighboring state can't work things out.
Link Posted: 2/2/2023 11:43:24 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

Georgia has tried for years to get reciprocity with SC to no avail. Stupid that a neighboring state can't work things out.
View Quote
Try living 5 miles from the IL border.
Link Posted: 2/2/2023 11:44:22 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
How can you carry in NY if you live out of state? I thought they didn't issue non-resident.
View Quote

You cannot. It’s a crime to even >touch< a handgun in NYS without a permit. A gun shop won’t even let you hold one without that permission slip
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top